Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's up with the Garo gear you can get at the Gold Saucer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's just there as an alternate method of getting the gear

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
iirc you can't dye it

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Undyable and doesn't count for the titles, and therefore no good for getting mounts

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's there to gently caress you out of a bunch of MGP if you didn't realize the real Garo gear was bought with PvP currency :smith:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
In other news, I've realized the main curse of 6.1: They've updated all the worst ARR dungeons to be better, so obviously the leveling roulette is only giving me all the bad HW and SB dungeons, and also Sunken Temple of Qarn.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

S.J. posted:

It's there to gently caress you out of a bunch of MGP if you didn't realize the real Garo gear was bought with PvP currency :smith:

It also isn't added to the calamity salvager like Garo gear bought with pvp currency.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cleretic posted:

B: Bioblaster's presence as a short-range AoE in a combo that's otherwise long-range single-targets is ugly and unhelpful where it is, even if the AoE Heavy is good.

I've been playing MCH too and loving it even thought I'm a pretty terrible PVPer. 100% agree with this though, it's the single thing that really frustrates me about it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mind over Matter posted:

I've been playing MCH too and loving it even thought I'm a pretty terrible PVPer. 100% agree with this though, it's the single thing that really frustrates me about it.

Same, I just started trying it over the last couple days and this aspect really sucks rear end.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
So I could cool my jets on getting the mounts...

...but I won't...

...because new pvp is good.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I just got my second Garo mount. Pvp is good yo

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the wiki suggests that it ran for two and a half years last time.

I was surprised they stopped it at all. Expect it to last basically forever

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just tried DRG for the first time and practically solo carried two full games. Going from NIN to DRG is like doing half the work for more damage, things are making a lot more sense now.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah I hope it doesn't take too long for a balance pass, because I think the field could get narrowed down pretty well with some fairly minor tweaks to some things and a few potency increases.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kung fu jive posted:

So I could cool my jets on getting the mounts...

...but I won't...

...because new pvp is good.

I don't think it's good but it's definitely fast, which is far more important.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

HackensackBackpack posted:

lol I went to do Hatchingtide, something that surely I can't screw up and lose at, and I got a DirectX 11000002 error and this:

Today has not been a good day. :negative:

Dn dude. I got a big rear end post about 11000002 if you want to troubleshoot about it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

super sweet best pal posted:

I don't think it's good but it's definitely fast, which is far more important.

this is the real answer

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Meanwhile, I've cracked out Summoner because I've heard it was good for Frontlines, and I want the Field Commander's Coat.

Well, it's rad as hell, but unfortunately a Frontlines-rewarding event means that the teams are even more filled with people who don't know what to do than normal. So it doesn't really matter if I melt five people at once, because nobody knows how to take advantage of that and will instead spend that time running to a teamfight half a map away.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
CC is both good and fast! I hit gold today, pretty pleased! Also series level 23, only need 3 more to buy all the stuff I actually want with trophies. After that I can.. buy frames I guess.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think I have almost exactly a 33% winrate on frontlines, there's really just not that much you can do to influence the match. It's too many people who will not listen and maybe understand how the modes work and too many random factors in the maps themselves.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Oh hell yes got the garo mount from CC. I almost had the perfect victory for it (Gold 1 into Plat) but I lost. Won the next match at least.

Also I've seen all the chat and my goodness SMN is fantastic in frontlines. It's almost way too easy to get battle hights from assists with things like Slipstream.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I resubbed a couple of days ago but still haven't bought Endwalker.
What are the odds of it going on sale during Golden Week which is next friday I believe?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
4th follow-up on the lottery issue. If you read the 3rd post about it that detailed the steps they're taking, they've reproduced and fixed what was causing it. In the progress they even found and fixed a different, rare problem around relocation.

Now they're in the verify stage, and it may take a few days more than the 3-5 business days they originally estimated since they want to really make sure this not only fixes the problem, but that it doesn't cause more.

Patch 6.11 will be unaffected, and is still coming out next Tuesday. Even if they have everything ready to go, the fix for the housing won't be part of the patch because they want to make sure it's as stable as possible. It'll be implemented some time after 6.11 goes live. The patch will also temporarily disable purchasing and relocating plots until the fixes are implemented.

They also ask that winners that haven't finalized claiming or relocating to the plot they won to do so before the maintenance for 6.11 takes place.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Veev posted:

I think I have almost exactly a 33% winrate on frontlines, there's really just not that much you can do to influence the match. It's too many people who will not listen and maybe understand how the modes work and too many random factors in the maps themselves.

Shotcalling helps a lot. I have a 50% win rate overall and i'm 12-2 since the update. I think with the changes there's a lot fewer games where it's unwinnable because player skill matters a lot less now. You don't need battle high 5 and good healers to drop a few bahamuts on people. Even if you do have battle high you're going to lose it to an ult combo. As a result, coordinating your team has a higher impact. Calling out when objectives are about to spawn with a sound effect so people can prepare to move to them, and calling which one to go to once they do is most of it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My 1 win out of 4 plays so far had a shotcaller so we zerged around from point to point and second and third place focused on fighting each other when they couldn't crack us.

The battle pass type awards go away and change to something else with 6.2 right? I got /determined and am about at the sunglasses but the archfiend armor might take some grinding. ~3 months or so to go?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

bagrada posted:

My 1 win out of 4 plays so far had a shotcaller so we zerged around from point to point and second and third place focused on fighting each other when they couldn't crack us.

The battle pass type awards go away and change to something else with 6.2 right? I got /determined and am about at the sunglasses but the archfiend armor might take some grinding. ~3 months or so to go?

I got the Archfiend armor in about a week of playing CC ranked.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In CC, you get 700 series points for losing and 900 for winning. Level 25 to 26 I recall only needs 10k. With how fast the matches typically are you actually can rank up pretty fast win or lose.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

bagrada posted:

The battlepass rewards will move onto the Trophy Crystals vendor in 6.2, and then, unless they (hopefully) change their minds, they will go away with 6.3.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
155 games, 77 wins, haven't even gotten close to plat.

this game is seriously driving me nuts, I see so many plat diamond post and it makes me want to push myself harder to reap the reward of all my efforts but its not getting there

I'm sad they added a competitive MOBA mode, I played FFXIV to get me to not play competitive MOBAs and now it came back

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 22, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Onean posted:

The battlepass rewards will move onto the Trophy Crystals vendor in 6.2, and then, unless they (hopefully) change their minds, they will go away with 6.3.

Ok, thanks all. And yeah I've seen people in the armor and know it won't take too much to get it, but I generally only do the one frontline roulette for the xp, then 3-5 CC for fun, then go do other stuff. I'll relax and get there when I get there instead of stressing it, plenty of time if I keep at it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Veev posted:

I have a 26% win rate in frontlines :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Stolen from reddit: this is the end screen for a 21 minute CC holy moly.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Thinking about it, I think the struggle with new people coming into Frontlines for an event/collab isn't anything to do with map knowledge or knowing the PvP kits, and everything to do with them not understanding how little they can individually influence the game.

They'll understand their kit just fine, and pick up on the objectives and structure of the map, but they'll die to thinking tyry can peel off and flank or take a side objective by themselves.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Right now especially, a Frontlines team lives or dies based on if someone can corral the alliance to key points and remind them of very basic tactics like "play the objective" and "don't get sandwiched". Just yesterday I had a roulette put me on a team that lagged hard for the first couple of points before someone started calling shots and guiding the team to victory.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'd do shot calls for Frontlines if it wasn't so dang annoying to drop my controller so I can type things out.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Imo Frontline should just be chucked in the bin and replaced with something else entirely. A wretched farce of a game mode

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No Dignity posted:

Imo Frontline should just be chucked in the bin and replaced with something else entirely. A wretched farce of a game mode

That's right, it's Rival Wing's time to shine.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I feel like calling shots in FL rarely means that people actually follow them

Btw, I had above 50% win rate in FL before freelancing, because I played as Mael

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SettingSun posted:

Stolen from reddit: this is the end screen for a 21 minute CC holy moly.

I've "only" been in a 16 minute match personally but I really don't think OT should allow this sort of thing. My "rip the bandaid off" fix would be to keep it the same as it currently is for the first 2-3 minutes and after that make Guard not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I've "only" been in a 16 minute match personally but I really don't think OT should allow this sort of thing. My "rip the bandaid off" fix would be to keep it the same as it currently is for the first 2-3 minutes and after that make Guard not work.

Just make the respawn timer ramp up a lot faster during overtime