Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Given the Dutch aspect good chance at some point there'll be something about Erik's ten bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1517519726762766337?s=20&t=wd2SlKbJpf-MM_9oGInC-Q

Just in time for a pooshited regime change as well.

Asking for 150 million for Great Value Kalvin makes me wonder what City will have to pay for the real thing in summer when he inevitably goes

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Great Value Kalvin is a good username imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Rangnick's apparently said Pogba's probably done for the season which means those 10 minutes against Liverpool were probably his last in a United kit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A fitting end.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

Rangnick's apparently said Pogba's probably done for the season which means those 10 minutes against Liverpool were probably his last in a United kit.

Until Man U re-sign him for 500k pw

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
United has a pretty strong squad, but they need a #6 defensive midfielder who can protect the defense and recycle the ball. Matic was once a quality player but he's too slow for the job and should be moved out of the club. Fred and McTominay are decent options in the #8 role, but neither of them has the positional awareness to screen the defense. Bruno is an elite #10 but he needs a lot of defensive support from his teammates. A good #6 (see Kante, Fabinho, Rice, Casemiro, etc) who can protect the defense, recover possession, and link the defensive and attacking phases of play would immediately make this squad a contender for the top 4 IMO.

I hope the Pooshited era never ends, and it will take years before they can match the levels of Liverpool and City, but the hot take from all the pundits that the squad is awful and that they're not even trying is pretty lazy analysis. The real problem is that opposition strikers get unlimited time and space on the ball as soon as they drop back from United's defenders. To address this, they either need to play a back 3 with a defender who steps forward into midfield, or get a real #6 who can drop back into that space.

edit: unfortunately, a hardworking defensive midfielder might not get enough social media engagement to drive the share price up, so I'll look forward to seeing Mesut Ozil back in the prem next season.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Just a tip his name rhymes with fag :tipshat:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

United have a pretty strong squad

all they need is a #2 who can attack a bit, a #3 who can defend, a new 4 and 5 who can defend consistently, a 6 to hold down the midfield, a 7 and 11 to utilize their pace and leverage set pieces, a 9 who isn't 45 years old, and 10 who can do a bit of a run every once in a while

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Slotducks posted:

all they need is a #2 who can attack a bit, a #3 who can defend, a new 4 and 5 who can defend consistently, a 6 to hold down the midfield, a 7 and 11 to utilize their pace and leverage set pieces, a 9 who isn't 45 years old, and 10 who can do a bit of a run every once in a while

they could use an upgrade in goal too, de gea hasn't been in good enough form to be the undisputed number 1

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

De Gea is shite and my dead grandmother has a better passing range than him. The difference between De Gea and Allison was the most depressing thing about the 4-0 loss.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Slotducks posted:

how much will all this cost

just hit me with it

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

what happened to dean henderson?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Slotducks posted:

Made the mistake of actually playing for Man U and became always bad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slotducks posted:

He took the one spot then got long covid and hasn't broken back into the team

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

me (dean henderson irl) upon signing for united: oh gently caress. oh poo poo. oh no.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

bewbies posted:

how much will all this cost

just hit me with it

five hundred million british pounds

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
man u will buy harry kane on a 3 yr deal for 150 mill and he will spend 2.5 years injured

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1517580327350382592?s=21&t=GayVmVAnla5XlYZmBRgKGg
I do hope it goes like all the other times a PL club bought a player from MAN City.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

fat gay nonce posted:

Ten Hagner.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

fat gay nonce posted:

it literally doesn't op

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

it literally doesn't op

Depends how posh you are I guess.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Jexner posted:

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1517580327350382592?s=21&t=GayVmVAnla5XlYZmBRgKGg
I do hope it goes like all the other times a PL club bought a player from MAN City.

It will. Since Aguero left it's not like City have a bunch of strikers, and yet they would transfer Gabriel Jesus? Probably sign him and it turns out his leg is broken.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
man utd should've signed bruno Guimaraes since he seems exactly what they need so i'm glad they didn't

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
:hmmyes: he's a very good player and i'm happy we have him to build around

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
what the most expensive squad in the world really needs is a new squad, imo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hagadoo

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
bless u, honest pukki

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I’m seeing things about people now taking pity on Man U and I’d like the record to show I am not one of them, I am still enjoying the hell out of it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Brutal advanced stats

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1517894402546483200

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The accomplishment is diminished somewhat by Watford having a different manager every time though

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is this the permanent thread to lol at Penchester Urinated

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

sticksy posted:

Is this the permanent thread to lol at Penchester Urinated

No, just for April. May will bring us a new thread to lol at pooshited.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1517979626340986880

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Dear New Manager, I'm afraid they're all poo poo. Kind regards – and good luck! Ralf.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The hilarity of not following his instructions is that they did for a half against Crystal Palace and we looked the best we've looked in ages.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

if you can't get your players to follow your instructions you aren't a very good manager, just imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

if you can't get your players to follow your instructions you aren't a very good manager, just imo

Yes it’s basically the #1 job duty of a manager.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's sensationalized into "Everyone ignoring Ralf's instructions!" when really it's just Ronaldo who hasn't heard anything more than the random honking of Charlie Brown's teacher when a manager talks since his second year with SAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1518278246588108801

lmao