Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Could the intended topic possibly have been Danish media pinkwashing nazis right-wing nationalists? :thunk:

But hey, at least that's $10 not donated to people intent on exterminating my bloodline, keep it up.

Edit: Give me one of the homoerotic Putin ones next to really drive the point home, though.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's pretty hard to have an opinion on it when you just post a screenshot of the head line instead of a link to the article.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alhazred posted:

It's pretty hard to have an opinion on it when you just post a screenshot of the head line instead of a link to the article.

Why? All the relevant information is contained therein. Plus it's paywalled. But here you go.

https://politiken.dk/udland/art8705...-i-Vogue-sammen

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
edit: actually, who cares!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sd-forslag-dra-tillbaka-uppehallstillstand-for-hela-familjer-vid-kriminalitet

Swedish SD, the right-wing extremist party, trying to put forward a bill that would infringe on human rights in the form of collective punishment against families of immigrants that are involved in serious crimes or "asocial lifestyles".

Oh don’t worry, they also want to be able to declare martial law when need be:
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/snabbkollen/akessons-krav-efter-upploppen

As always, right-wingers have no idea how politics works outside of America, and certainly not inside their own country. Trying to wrap my head around how the Swedish law institutions are supposed to “införa tillfälliga undantagslagar, inklusive utökade polisiära befogenheter, vid allvarliga situationer.” Like, even if this was even close to a reasonable idea (it’s not) the situation they’d deem serious enough to warrant such a law (burning of cars and riots I guess?) would be long over before the ink is dry.

This is ofc disregarding how we have no precedent for this kind of lawmaking in Sweden. The closest I can think of would be the Covid response laws and they took a whole lot of time and gnashing of teeth to get to. As always it’s big ponderous postering in the hope that the mouthbreathers won’t ask for receipts.

Even dumber than the M-response of “give the cops water cannons!” That one is at least working from the presumption that the police need resources ready to put to use, not wait around for some arbitrary line to be drawn so some unconstitutional law can be put in place. (Still wholly inhuman and without any problem solving).

fnox
May 19, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Could the intended topic possibly have been Danish media pinkwashing nazis right-wing nationalists? :thunk:

But hey, at least that's $10 not donated to people intent on exterminating my bloodline, keep it up.

Edit: Give me one of the homoerotic Putin ones next to really drive the point home, though.

Insane. Seriously, this is what it was all about? Not even a shred of consideration for the ethnicity and national identity being exterminated right now?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

fnox posted:

Insane. Seriously, this is what it was all about? Not even a shred of consideration for the ethnicity and national identity being exterminated right now?

LGBTQ+ Ukrainians clearly don't appreciate the *real* threat to their lives.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If we don't stan the woke nazis, Russia may win.

fnox
May 19, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

If we don't stan the woke nazis, Russia may win.

If your advice for Ukrainians wasn't that they should lay down and let the tanks roll over them maybe this schtick would be remotely funny, but just as you claim that nobody here is pro-Putin or actually supporting the invasion, no one here is supporting the loving Nazis. I'm not sure who you're supposed to be preaching for but nobody's happy that there's loving Nazis, it's just that it's rather obvious that there's neo-nazis on both sides, and that the fascist militarist state that Russia has become clearly doesn't give two hot fucks about the Nazis and just want to forcibly integrate a people that hate them. Or what, are you going to pixel trophy hunt on photos from corpses from Bucha to see if they just happened to get some flag bearing Banderist when they were indiscriminately shooting civilians?

Surely you're capable to scrape two neurons together now to get the thought in, that you were wrong about every assumption you made a month ago. I don't even need to quote you on it. The reason why Ukraine is still standing right now, is because of the aid they got. The Russians very clearly have a plan to exterminate Ukrainians. Have they gotten to Kyiv and held it, there'd be far, far more dead than there were and it's plain to see.

And now, please, for the love of god, stop bypassing the main Ukraine thread by shitposting in this thread. You know you're gonna get probed, but loving own up to it and do it rather than co-opting this thread for a derail every time you read a headline that upsets you.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hope the screeching antisemite isn't saying anything interesting. :ohdear:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

Hope the screeching antisemite isn't saying anything interesting. :ohdear:

Please don't post

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/ebba-busch-kritiserar-polisen-varfor-skot-man-inte-skarpt

Looks like someone saw Åkesson’s batshit suggestions and decided that they can out-outrage him.

Incredibly good that we’re at a point where party leaders publicly wish that the police would cap some brown people already. Once again, the shameless import of American conservative sensibilities continues.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
"No, obviously the cops don't need water cannons,"
:)
"they need machine guns!"
:(

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/danielswedin/status/1517489248429031424?s=21&t=lpMmSGsXfzf74xcK3usF6A

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nuke Swedish cities? As a Dane, this seems like a good solution, although to a different problem.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Still remember the videos from the Göteborg riots back in the days when panicked police bullets were hitting street lights and random passerbys had to duck for their lives.

Train them to not have to use the toys they have in the first place.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

EBT is part of the kind of white privileged conservatives who will never find herself in any real problem with the law. She’s literally well off enough to admit guilt in a legal dispute simply so she can pay away the problem when it suites her. She’s also clearly enamoured with the American rights’ policy of just doubling down on culture war horseshit to get cheap pr-points from paint-eating chud voters, so I fully expect this to keep on escalating all the way to September. Her wishing harm on people who she seems deserving of it, regardless of the circumstances of them being targeted by the police in her Punisher fan fiction, is detestable, batshit insane, and entirely on brand.

And when a journalist questions KD about this they’ll just smugly say “she never said anything about killing them, just shooting them”, and krönikörer in the papers will write breathlessly about the importance in a democracy to allow for misunderstandings and dogwhistles.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

BigglesSWE posted:

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/ebba-busch-kritiserar-polisen-varfor-skot-man-inte-skarpt

Looks like someone saw Åkesson’s batshit suggestions and decided that they can out-outrage him.

Incredibly good that we’re at a point where party leaders publicly wish that the police would cap some brown people already. Once again, the shameless import of American conservative sensibilities continues.

I'm generally pro Swedish cops. They are fairly well educated in deescalation and bla bla stuff.

Good cops. Generally.

Looking at video and images from the riots it seems like there is gently caress all thought or leadership from the police.

They are too few, they don't have the right gear for the situation and they don't seem to know what they are doing.

Leadership and education failures lead to them fearing for their lives and justly or unjustly chose to defend themselves with guns.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Not even the cops think that poo poo is in any way a good idea.
https://twitter.com/Krncbll/status/1517526148607057920?s=20&t=ms4b_tY4CAOoXZ3OCKxTsQ

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
These loving comments tho jesus loving christ.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Just shoot at their legs. :downs:"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

When can the non racists begin taking about "decades of failed integration policy" in the sense that we have never made a real effort to integrate the Muslim population into society at large?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BonHair posted:

When can the non racists begin taking about "decades of failed integration policy" in the sense that we have never made a real effort to integrate the Muslim population into society at large?

There was that one time when Sweden gave out goats to new immigrants.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Everyone who knows anything about anything knows it's a batshit fascist fever dream:

https://www.dn.se/sverige/polisforskaren-vill-busch-att-man-ska-skjuta-15-aringar/

quote:

Varför har vi inte hundra skadade kriminella efter påskens upplopp? Varför sköt inte polisen skarpt? Och varför gav vissa regionala polisledningar order om att patrullerna skulle backa från upploppen? Det är några av de frågor som Kristdemokraternas partiledare Ebba Busch ställer sig i en intervju med Ekot och som mötts av kritik.

Stefan Holgersson, polis och universitetslektor på Linköpings universitet, invänder mot Ebba Busch uttalande på flera punkter. Först och främst lyfter han att polisen öppnade eld – tre personer träffades av skott eller rikoschetter i Norrköping och i Örebro avlossades ett 20-tal varningskott.

– Det finns förutsättningar att skjuta skarpt om man blir angripen på det här sättet, säger han och fortsätter:

– Men en tredjedel var inte kända för polisen och inte straffade sedan tidigare, det är alltså sådana som dras med. Och vi vet att flera var minderåriga. Det försvarar ju inte deras beteende men vill Ebba Busch att man ska skjuta 14- 15-åringar som deltagit i stundens hetta?

Stefan Holgersson anser inte att ett sådant agerande från polisens håll inte skulle vara framgångsrikt för att få kontroll på upploppen.

– All forskning varnar för att det eskalerar situationen. Om polisen skjuter 30 ungdomar så kan vi bara se vad som hänt tidigare andra länder. Det blir otroliga aggressioner, polisstationer har angripits och övertagits och i förlängningen ökar hoten mot poliser även när de är lediga, säger han.

Polisförbundets ordförande Lena Nitz kallar Ebba Busch uttalande för ”oerhört”, i en skriftlig kommentar till TT Nyhetsbyrån.

”Att en svensk politiker närmast uppmanar svensk polis att skada ett hundratal personer genom att skjuta skarpt hör inte hemma i en rättsstat”, skriver hon vidare till TT.

Stefan Holgersson frågar sig varför Ebba Busch inte läser forskning som finns om effekterna av att polisen beter sig som hon föreslår, innan hon uttalar sig. Samtidigt poängterar han det är vanligt att politiker över hela det politiska spektrumet kräver hårdare tag och lovar att sätta hårt mot hårt – utan vetenskaplig grund.

– Politikernas sätt att agera polariserar den här frågan i samhället så de är ett av skälen till att vi ser det här, säger han och fortsätter:

– Och det kanske också gör att vissa polisen också känner att nu har vi politiker med oss så nu kan vi skjuta mer. Det kan påverka dem inom polisen som vill kunna skjuta oftare.

Utöver ett stort antal poliser har 14 personer ur allmänheten skadats och 20 polisfordon har förstörts. Totalt har ett 40-tal personer gripits. Rikspolischef Anders Thornberg berättade tidigare i veckan om polisens misstankar om att individer från de kriminella nätverken deltagit i upploppen och drivit på våldet mot polisen.

Tidigare har Stefan Holgersson kritiserat polisens hantering av protesterna och han menar att polisen blivit mer reaktivt och sämre på att förebygga brott

Det kan vara logiskt att tänka att det krävs hårdare tag mot de som använder sig av grovt våld, säger Stefan Holgersson men invänder att det är viktigt att också se till de långtgående effekterna.

– Vi får ett samhälle som inte är så roligt att leva i, med mera hat. Då kanske det blir en bomb mot polisstationen i stället för stenkastning nästa gång. Hittills har de ju i anslutning till demonstrationer inte skjutit mot polisen trots att de har tillgång till vapen. Men om polisen börjar skjuta så kan du räkna med att de här våldverkarna inte kommer nöja sig med att kasta sten, säger han.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

BonHair posted:

What measures are needed to specifically integrate muslims?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Owling Howl posted:

Reeducation camps, apparently, according to the CPC

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 23, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Owling Howl posted:

Yeah, that was poorly explained. My point was just that the Muslim minority is by far the largest, have a group identity that you don't really see with, say, Balkan refugees, and, importantly, are being demonized in media and politics.

And the entire integration strategy for the past at least 30 years in Denmark has been to give them more requirements, less help (education for example) and less money. Which has obviously not worked.

But also, specifically, we need a proper university degree in Islamic theology, having all the religious authorities either trained in gulf states or just having a limited understanding is probably not good. It's not as important as socioeconomics, but it would also help send a signal that being a Muslim is, in fact, acceptable.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Owling Howl posted:

None, those with education do it by themselves.

That the education system fails with those students that come from an upbringing with parents who have little or none education is the main issue. It didn’t used to be like this, since 2-3 generations back Swedes in general had 9 years of school.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If housing was more affordable or at least if there was more of a mix between "cheap" housing and average priced housing we would her less concentration of immigrants on certain areas. Ofcourse people often want live close to theur own so it would only do so much at this point.

Maybe we need a US style school bussing program in certain areas in Scandinavia to as much as possible avoid situations where 90% of the students in a public school are either immigrants themselves or come from households where the adults have limited education and or language skills. It does set them up for academic sucess and must surely be a great hinderance for intergration.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Doesn't help the fact that teachers are already not getting paid anything and when they gotta work in one of those schools where most kids don't even speak Swedish I don't blame them if they just shrug and don't bother even trying to do anything about it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BonHair posted:

a group identity that you don't really see with, say, Balkan refugees

What?

Not only is the Muslim community to a large extent subdivided by ethnic and national identities, people from the Balkans are especially big on the latter from my experience.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Danish military convoy headed to Køge lige nu

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They somehow forgot Ukrainian refugees also can't live on the paltry far-below-subsistence benefits we give to "non-western" refugees, so they're scrambling to make another special law now. And on that note, we're officially shipping people back to Afghanistan to starve and be brutalised by the Taliban.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

They somehow forgot Ukrainian refugees also can't live on the paltry far-below-subsistence benefits we give to "non-western" refugees, so they're scrambling to make another special law now. And on that note, we're officially shipping people back to Afghanistan to starve and be brutalised by the Taliban.

Out of curiosity, how much do non-citizens get as social benefits? Are there numbers on that?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Basic integration allowance: 6228 dkk
Parent without child allowance (???): 8716 dkk
Parent with child allowance: 12456 dkk
Younger than 30 living with parents: 2683 dkk

Bonus for passing a danish exam, to be added to any of the above: 1620 dkk.

All numbers are pre taxation.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Out of curiosity, how much do non-citizens get as social benefits? Are there numbers on that?

The numbers Lima posted, although if you've had residence and worked in Denmark for 9 out of the last 10 years, you qualify for normal welfare benefits (the intent is to deport them before that happens). The current rate is barely enough for food, to say nothing of rent and other necessities.

Another minor way they're discriminating has been to warn Ukrainians ahead of time about the annual air siren drill in May—perfectly understandable, I imagine that would be triggering—meanwhile the brown people are housed literally in the middle of a military training area and get to enjoy almost daily gunfire and explosions.

From what I can gather, they're only eligible after a while, because little kids with PTSD are useless eaters anyway.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 23, 2022

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baudolino posted:

Maybe we need a US style school bussing program in certain areas in Scandinavia to as much as possible avoid situations where 90% of the students in a public school are either immigrants themselves or come from households where the adults have limited education and or language skills. It does set them up for academic sucess and must surely be a great hinderance for intergration.
We do do that in Denmark, though not everywhere.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Has it helped in any way, or is it a wasted effort?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baudolino posted:

Has it helped in any way, or is it a wasted effort?
I'm not sure it has been done long enough to really know for sure. If it has had an effect, it might be more incidental, in that teachers appear to lower their expectations in classes with a lot of "bilingual pupils" - resulting in those in turn lowering their expectations of themselves. Apparently some schools have had major successes just putting more effort into remedial Danish, not accepting that these pupils are just doomed to fail, and with this better understanding of Danish raising their expectations in other subjects too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
As a sidenote, in the Swedish youth school we have two forms of the subject
”Swedish”, Swedish (svenska, sve) and Swedish as a second language (svenska som andraspråk, sva).

The content of the courses are/should be the same, with the latter one having a more comparative style of teaching. For example when you’re teaching grammar a typical sva-assignment would be like ”In what ways are Swedish grammar and your mother tongues grammar similar and in what ways are they different?”

Is it the same way in i.e. Denmark?

Edit: I tried to do some research, is ”Dansk som andetsprog” similar?

Konec Hry fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 24, 2022