Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea it would have been extremely weird to have the field boss especially, as it drops relic accessories and nothing else in the game would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Am I missing something obvious or does the super premium ark pass seem kinda bad? 1500 more royal crystals for the skins that cost about 1100 blue crystals + the wallpaper + 2 relic rapport selection boxes. I guess it could be worth it if you aren't swimming in blue crystals.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 21, 2022

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Does the super premium have more mats than the regular one?

I haven't looked closely but Zeals was saying that we're getting the top tier one way cheaper than in Korea, so it might just be a reflection of the comparatively smaller step up than free -> premium.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tortolia posted:

Does the super premium have more mats than the regular one?

It doesn't give more mats than the premium one.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

do not use the Super Express Mission thing on a t3 character. the event page in game is unclear, but it will provide a ton of t1/t2 mats and other things in order to bring up a fresh level 50 character faster. if you redeem it on your main or someone else further along, you'll waste a bunch of t1/t2 mats.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Guardian raids are saved!

Premium arkpass rewards basically give more than double the amount of honing material. Super premium is basically the ugly skin and a wallpaper.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

looks like they removed the blue crystals from the super premium tier of the ark pass. korean players were saying they expected the super premium to be $50, but taking out the blue crystals let them reduce the price to $30 and say that the super premium tier really is ONLY cosmetics.

and i'm gonna requote the thing i posted above so no one fucks up

cams posted:

do not use the Super Express Mission thing on a t3 character. the event page in game is unclear, but it will provide a ton of t1/t2 mats and other things in order to bring up a fresh level 50 character faster. if you redeem it on your main or someone else further along, you'll waste a bunch of t1/t2 mats.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

looks like they removed the blue crystals from the super premium tier of the ark pass. korean players were saying they expected the super premium to be $50, but taking out the blue crystals let them reduce the price to $30 and say that the super premium tier really is ONLY cosmetics.

This explains it and is a really good change, imo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

First impressions of Not a dragoon is that its fun as gently caress

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Am I missing something obvious or does the super premium ark pass seem kinda bad? 1500 more royal crystals for the skins that cost about 1100 blue crystals + the wallpaper + 2 relic rapport selection boxes. I guess it could be worth it if you aren't swimming in blue crystals.

1500 royal crystals will typically exchange into 630 blue crystals.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Note, if you use the powerpass consumable you have to select a character to use it on within a week or else it expires. If you let it sit in your inventory, it'll last until June 30th.

I'm debating on whether or not to use both powerpass and hyper express on the Glaiver alt I just rolled and I think I'm going to since none of the other classes super appeal to me at the moment and it's unlikely any other new classes will be released before these events are over.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Actually yeah since we’re on this topic, how do I leverage all this bullshit? Create alt, use feiton pass, then sign em up for the express event?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Depends how many alts you want to use, the most efficient use is to express event a fresh level 50 as it gives a ton of T1 mats also. But if you already have a full roster and just want to get another t3 then yea you can power pass into express event.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
For anyone just starting, you want to use express on your main once you're 50 and have done vern. This event is massive for anyone starting the game right now.

afkmacro posted:

Actually yeah since we’re on this topic, how do I leverage all this bullshit? Create alt, use feiton pass, then sign em up for the express event?
You likely want to use feiton pass & express on two different characters. Express pass is best on a fresh 50. The express pass has tasks for t1 and offers huge benefits to a t1 & t2 character.

Feiton pass skips most of the benefit but it still has some nice stuff like going from +8 -> +12 taking far fewer resources, +20% success rate from 12->15, and the t2 resources it provides.

If you only want 1 extra character you could use both on one character.

oh yeah there was a bug on kr where if you powerpassed a character and then expressed it you wouldn't get the big reward chest at the end... no idea if it's in our version and I don't think anyone will know for a while see below for why this isn't in our version!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 22, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Here's a list of the Express stuff that's being rewarded:

Besides the materials that the Express pass gives (honing mats bound) it also gives a buff that doubles your honing progress. So instead of getting +1 on each success, it's +2, saving even more materials up to +12.

With the Feiton powerpass this patch, this means it's most "efficient" to split these across two characters to get maximum benefit out of the i302-960 benefits you'd be skipping through the Powerpass. But if you don't plan on raising another alt, there's no downside to just using both on the 960 char you'll be getting from the powerpass and just going back to complete the T1 objectives that give worthwhile rewards (40 green engravings is pretty good!).

Khorne posted:

oh yeah there was a bug on kr where if you powerpassed a character and then expressed it you wouldn't get the big reward chest at the end... no idea if it's in our version and I don't think anyone will know for a while

This scared me so I did some research and I don't think we need to worry about that one. That bug specifically was that the Express quests required MSQ completion that got skipped with a Powerpass'd character and since we don't have such a mission in our Express then I don't think that's an issue.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 22, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Wonder if I should just express my soulfist and just memory transfer destroyer when it comes out. Literally just to avoid playing through rohendel again because I'm lazy.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
yeah, since we have like 2 months to do the express event I'm going to hold off just a bit, finish pushing my 100%-tome sharpshooter alt to 50, and express them then.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
God loving damnit why didn't I check this thread before logging in today.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Glaive Lady is incredibly fun to play.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Has anyone tried buying more character slots? I was able to buy one, putting me at 13, but it wouldn’t let me buy another. It says I have 0/12 available to buy?

I don’t know how that math makes any sense. I got one from the founders pack (7), then I bought 5 more over the last couple months (12), and another today (13). I’m gonna put in a support ticket but I’m not sure if this is a me thing or if other people are affected.

S.J. posted:

Wonder if I should just express my soulfist and just memory transfer destroyer when it comes out. Literally just to avoid playing through rohendel again because I'm lazy.

You miss out on the cool chess dungeon, but you can totally just keep honing to 600 and then go to Feiton or w/e — that one seems slightly more bearable. You’re stuck with the lower chaos dungeons, which give slightly less materials, but it doesn’t seem like it takes that much longer.

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

Jelly posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You can finally turn the virtual keyboard off, game saved

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Jelly posted:

lol looks like enough people fell into this that they put a system alert scrolling banner telling you to only redeem it on your level 50 alts.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

RoboCicero posted:

lol looks like enough people fell into this that they put a system alert scrolling banner telling you to only redeem it on your level 50 alts.
I want to say that was posted like minutes after I screwed up but the "take up the whole screen" event choice thing made me think I had to take care of it then and there, so I could have easily missed it.

Heads up y'all, there is something wrong with the Dimensional Cube. I heard someone say it in chat and then like a half hour later I tried to enter one myself and my game client just straight-up closed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jelly posted:

Heads up y'all, there is something wrong with the Dimensional Cube. I heard someone say it in chat and then like a half hour later I tried to enter one myself and my game client just straight-up closed.

Happened to me with the event guardian raid twice, verified the files, sure enough something failed. The verify fixed it up.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

It's not just that, it's happening a bunch of things. Happened to me and a friend a bunch today with treasure maps.

e: Okay so what all do I wanna not gently caress up with this powerpass other than just not using it on a T3 character? I can just sit on it and wait until destroyer hits right?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 22, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

quote:

e: Okay so what all do I wanna not gently caress up with this powerpass other than just not using it on a T3 character? I can just sit on it and wait until destroyer hits right?
I think it goes until July so as long as it comes out before then?

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

"Why don't you mosey along, pardner."

Hefty posted:

Has anyone tried buying more character slots? I was able to buy one, putting me at 13, but it wouldn’t let me buy another. It says I have 0/12 available to buy?

I don’t know how that math makes any sense. I got one from the founders pack (7), then I bought 5 more over the last couple months (12), and another today (13). I’m gonna put in a support ticket but I’m not sure if this is a me thing or if other people are affected.

I am also having this same exact issue, unable to make any more characters after 13.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Glaivier is fun, though a bit awkward feeling still. Part of that might be jumping straight to 1370 though, gonna need way more hours on the class to get a solid rotation going. The red abilities feel so drat good to use though, massive crits every time.

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014

S.J. posted:

It's not just that, it's happening a bunch of things. Happened to me and a friend a bunch today with treasure maps.

Same, had a find party dungeon for oreha [hard] all crash to desktop when we loaded into it. Then I tried to run a guardian for my lance master to clear the rest bonus, but it would matchmake from 1/4 to 3/4, back to 1 for minutes before I gave up.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Whoops, I didn't think there was any reason not to click the Feiton Pass, so I did. I was planning to use it on a Destroyer. Had no idea I needed to let it sit in my inventory instead of clicking it. I Feiton hosed myself.

Time to look at the existing classes and see what might be interesting. I play a Bard, which I like, and I used my first Vern pass on a Gunlancer, which is horrible (too slow).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Xalidur posted:

Whoops, I didn't think there was any reason not to click the Feiton Pass, so I did. I was planning to use it on a Destroyer. Had no idea I needed to let it sit in my inventory instead of clicking it. I Feiton hosed myself.

Time to look at the existing classes and see what might be interesting. I play a Bard, which I like, and I used my first Vern pass on a Gunlancer, which is horrible (too slow).
I's highly likely they will give out another power pass with destroyer. Unless they said they won't and I missed it.

There are even some betting it will be a punika pass.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you redeemed your power pass item already, you can make a warrior right now and power pass it, then just save it for destroyer. you can pick your advanced class after you've already power passed the character.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Now that's an interesting choice. I can use the pass on a Warrior and wait for a guaranteed T2 Destroyer, or I can wait and gamble on a Punika Pass.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Loading screens are bonkers on US West Mari at the moment. I'm knocking out Adventure Tome completion while doing other tasks, but I wouldn't risk it on anything with limited entries.

e: seems to be fixed! go figure

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 22, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Played quite a bit of Pinnacle Glaivier last night and here are my thoughts.

As a baseline, you need enough specialization to be able to one cycle your blue skills to change into red stance. Without hitting that stat threshold the class feels really bad to play because you'll be sitting at like 2.5 bars waiting for your CDs before you actually get to switch stances. This is made even worse by the fact that one of your blue skills provides an 18% crit debuff that depending on whether you're going crit or swiftness secondary you'd need to save as the last move going into red stance so pressing that button just for the gauge generation and not ending up having enough to switch stances feels so terrible. It's not that hard in red stance to build the bar back to switch to blue though as long as you hit your moves.

After reaching that threshold, I feel like Pinnacle Glaivier is a little similar to Shock Scrapper. Instead of building shock gauge to dump on those skills, you generate the stance change meter instead. But unlike Supernova and Death Rattle having very short range on top of their animation lock, Red Dragon Horn and Thrust of Destruction have extremely long range and you can even adjust your angle partway through to re-aim if the boss sidesteps.

The parry is super nice. Having an emergency extra defensive in red stance lets you soak so many things if you didn't have time to move after one of your channeled skills. I don't have the points for it at the moment without sacrificing points on my damage moves but that debuff block tri-pod on it looks super appealing.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Hyper Inferno posted:

As a baseline, you need enough specialization to be able to one cycle your blue skills to change into red stance. Without hitting that stat threshold the class feels really bad to play because you'll be sitting at like 2.5 bars waiting for your CDs before you actually get to switch stances. This is made even worse by the fact that one of your blue skills provides an 18% crit debuff that depending on whether you're going crit or swiftness secondary you'd need to save as the last move going into red stance so pressing that button just for the gauge generation and not ending up having enough to switch stances feels so terrible. It's not that hard in red stance to build the bar back to switch to blue though as long as you hit your moves.

It all depends on how you want to build the character, you need specialization to generate charge quickly to change stances and increase you damage but then you have 2 options, build for swiftness or crit. If you choose switness you will only use 2-3 red skills to fill the bar and change again to the blue stance. In this case you want to use the crit tripods on those skills so you have 100% critical chance.
If you go for crit then you use the other tripods and use more red skills. In the end both options probably have similar dps, the only difference is what kind of gameplay you prefer.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
AFAIK you stack full specialization as both builds, the only stat you change is your neck between swiftness and crit. And from what I can tell the crit version will be more worth considering once we have the rework that is on the PTR in Korea right now, but for most people the swiftness version is the way to go.

Joe Son
Jul 23, 2009
I right clicked my power pass that was just added. How do I use it? What am I trying to avoid? Why can't anything be clear lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Joe Son posted:

I right clicked my power pass that was just added. How do I use it? What am I trying to avoid? Why can't anything be clear lol

If you’ve used the item from the mail already, you have a week to use it on a character from the character select screen.