Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Gripweed posted:

There's a very real chance that the new city council or whatever will end up full of the same freaks who protested in front of Disney. So Disney World will be in the middle of a city that hates Disney and refuses to repair roads leading to the park or approve any construction.

What kind of a loser pickets disneyworld and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

looks like im gonna have a good weekend

In a rare moment I saw this, became convinced that Small Soldiers: The Long Goodbye was the long awaited small soldiers sequel and then invented the entire movie in my head only to an instant later see the punctuation mark that dashed my hopes and dreams.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

As terrible as they are disney objected to a stupid anti-gay law which makes them the lesser villain in this and probably only this instance

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poisonpill posted:

Age aside? What about if James Woods we’re donating his time volunteering at an end of life shelter with a 90 year old war veteran? Consider yourself cancelled

Is this a reference to something in particular

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this a reference to something in particular

Yeah I’m baffled myself

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Not enough Marvel and Star Wars stuff.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Milo and POTUS posted:

As terrible as they are disney objected to a stupid anti-gay law which makes them the lesser villain in this and probably only this instance

That’s what I assumed. I heard a conspiracy theory that lost children at Disneyworld are kidnapped by the park employees, made to watch Fantasia hundreds of times on massive doses of LSD, and that’s where the people in the costumes come from. They’ve experienced ultimate ego death and now exist only as the characters they embody.

It’s a fun one, wish I heard it and poo poo like it more often. Conspiracy theories + LSD is like Chocolate + Peanut Butter.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean… Disney probably could have quietly, successfully killed this bill in the crib before it got out of committee, but they didn’t do jack poo poo until after it passed the legislature, at which point they were harangued into reluctantly giving a statement opposing it, which is when Fuhrer DeSantis decided to go nuclear on them.

Somehow, this will end with James Murdoch as CEO of Disney.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sane person: "Disney is an evil corporation that uses slave labor and intimidation tactics to avoid paying wages to creators and laborers and should be destroyed. They promote a positive liberal -friendly image by pretending to be socially progressive and including gay characters in their films, but those characters are swiftly edited out of television broadcasts and foreign markets because taking a stand is less important than profits and they happily exploit anyone and anything through lies, deceit, and class warfare to achieve a monopolistic stranglehold on media and media distribution. They also donate heavily to right wing causes and politicians."

Republicans: "Didney done did said we can't kill no queers so theys is satan!!!!1!"

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Weren't Disney donating to the Florida premier before all their LGBT employees staged a walkout anyway? As the last couple months have shown sometimes there are not, in fact, heroes on both sides.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah every major repub that passed the reggressive law had their campaigns funded by Disney. That doesn't even get into cozy lobbyist dinners etc.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DeSantis is legit insane, and it's wild how fast they managed to get that done.

I of course am not shedding tears for poor ole Disney but in general it's terrifying.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

It’s a bit funny that each side was forced into a conflict by their respective interests (voters and consumers) demanding they “work themselves into a shoot” to use wrestling parlance

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's just so weird that the leopards eating faces party is now trying to eat my face!

- Disney, surrounded by the face-eating leopards they funded

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

It’s like if when Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik got caught hanging out together in the 80s and instead of cops pulling them over a mob surrounded them and they were forced to beat each other to death to keep kayfabe

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdJ6DnPhzk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

DeSantis is legit insane, and it's wild how fast they managed to get that done.

I of course am not shedding tears for poor ole Disney but in general it's terrifying.

It seems like it isn't even really Disney that will suffer for it but rather the poor bastards who live there who will find their taxes jacked up 25%. Disney gets to walk away from a poo poo ton of debt in it too.

It's the stupidest kind of poorly thought through performative bullshit, which seems about par for the course at this point.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I would love it if this ended in Disney pulling out of Florida completely

A man can dream....

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah every major repub that passed the reggressive law had their campaigns funded by Disney. That doesn't even get into cozy lobbyist dinners etc.

loving lmao

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This might be the best $190K Disney has ever spent.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I was hoping I would return home to content today... where is content?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone watch that "Outer Range" show? It looks like Yellowstone crossed with portal. Josh Brolin tho, kinda interested.

It's on Amazon Prime video

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Don't set your hopes too high for today's content, it's just some dumb botw and not the sweet sweet picard rambling the world craves

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

rydiafan posted:

Her chasing him from room to room beating the crap out of him and literally making GBS threads on a bed not enough for you?

honestly ive never really tried to navigate the world of celeb gossip and tabloid poo poo so i have no way of knowing what is sensationalist or something that is known or what is talked about in court. but really its my fault for lending any amount of brain cells to thoughts about the lives of big hollywood actors

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Don't set your hopes too high for today's content, it's just some dumb botw and not the sweet sweet picard rambling the world craves

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it's all good we got a new osw review

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL when all this blows over because right wing dipshits can never keep their goldfish brain attention spans focused and completely forget why they're boycotting Disney (remember the 90 other CHUD boycotts like Nike, Keurig, Gillette, Netflix, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc?) but Disney still overcorrects by appointing a new CEO and donating more money to republicans and being more evil and then weirdo idiot libs still call you a bigot for not loving the giant conglomerate that donates to hate groups while pretending to be progressive.

It's enough to make you want to chug four bottles of red wine and kick the window out of a cop car.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

What if the special guest that's never been seen before is Classic Gilchrist?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gripweed posted:

OK this owns. As you may have heard, Republicans believe that Disney is now a cabal of LGBT pedophiles. As such, they have decided to punish Disney by dissolving the special city that was legally created for Disney to control. Basically Disney World was in a city that was outright controlled by the Disney Corporation. So they could do whatever the gently caress they wanted in terms of building the park, building roads to the park, zoning hotels, etc, whatever. But in return they had to pay for all the city's services. Republicans have ended that agreement. So now Disney World will be in a real city that is not out and out owned by Disney, and all construction and zoning will have to be approved by an actual city council of some kind. But Disney isn't paying for the city services anymore. Those costs will now revert to the state. In order to pay them, the state of Florida would have to raise property taxes by 25%

https://twitter.com/NPapantonisWFTV/status/1517272898473537537?s=20&t=fVw9IQnq4fXohwkp8N81nQ

what the fuuuuuck

i have no love for disney but this is so loving boneheaded by the republicans lmao

they just bit hard the hand that fed them

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
I want Jay to talk to me about The Northman :allears:

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
:siren:SOMEHOW, FRIDAY HAS RETURNED:siren:

tonight on Dead Discord Media:

1. Scanner Cop 2

he's a scanner and a cop, and yes, it really is a sequel to the Cronenberg movie!

2. Lady Battle Cop

what if robocop, but a japanese lady instead of an american guy, and instead of a police officer she's a professional tennis player!

3. Another WolfCop

more wolfcock, more gowan, and more aggressively canadian!

join us at 8:00 est.

or don't.

whatever.

gently caress you.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Dr. Thoss posted:

:siren:SOMEHOW, FRIDAY HAS RETURNED:siren:

tonight on Dead Discord Media:

Totally stolen from Stallone's Cobra. Shame.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 22, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope Lady Battle Cop has that janky as gently caress live action Japanese charm at least.

Or it'll be fifty minutes of boring talking scenes and one action sequence where her armor explodes into a bikini.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just saw Fantastic Beasts 3. Absolute horseshit. 0 stars.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just saw Fantastic Beasts 3. Absolute horseshit. 0 stars.

Stop watching films by the weird toilet spy.

She's British. That's disgusting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If I stopped stuff films by perverts I’d never watch an RLM production again.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

More like Shittastic Movie and where to find the exits!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Automatic Slim posted:

Totally stolen from Stallone's Cobra. Shame.

I mean with the tagline theres a p good chance it was tongue in cheek

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

This is gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I could actually go for some Mike suicide watch as he suffers the further collapse of star trek.

But then I am heavily medicated post surgery.