Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Is there a good/centralized place for character presets? If I'm making alts, I might as well spend time making them look good (or borrowing other people's work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For gearing and rotational differences for Pinnacle Glaivier this is my understanding:

If you are going swiftness build, you take the crit chance tripods for your red skills (which give stuff 50% crit chance all the way up to guaranteed crit depending on the skill) and use your crit debuff move at the beginning of your blue phase rotation since all your red stuff is going to crit anyway. If you are going crit build, you take the damage tripods for your red skills and use your crit debuff going into red phase to make up the difference. Either way, this is still secondary to making sure you have enough specialization to smoothly swap between the two stances.

Does anyone have the source for that stagger spreadsheet that was posted a little bit ago? It was a chart that showed how much stagger damage each skill does and said it was sourced from a KR dataset so I'm wondering if the KR data included Glaivier.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
A little touch I noticed for those not playing a glavier yet. There is a different dodge animation depending on your stance. Also, one of the class engravings (control) does the same thing as the sorc reflux engraving and shuts down access to red stance. Leaving you only to work on blue and not having to worry about stance dancing. In that build, you slot in the tripods that eat ident gauge for damage boost since you can't swap stances anyway.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

so uh, 11k queue on mari at the moment

I finally hit 1370 last night and then I checked accessory prices and immediately got sad. If the specialization accessories with awakening/expert/etc are significantly cheaper, I’ll prob give that a go. Anyone tried that over the straight swiftness build for Paladin? I feel like I’m gonna hate it, but it’s gotta be better than the 1.5/1.5/1 setup I’ve got with full swiftness at the moment.

vvv oooh, that’s really helpful. thanks!

Hefty fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 23, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The correct way to build out engravings at 1370 is to get a 6/6 stone of your ideal 2 engravings, or at least a 4/6, then finish those two off with epic books. Then you get your +3 class engraving on all 5 acc slots, getting a single item with class + something if you were not able to hit a 6/6 stone.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hotfix tonight:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/hotfix-april-23-12am-pt-7am-utc/342735

quote:

General Fixes
Fixed an issue with the Feiton Powerpass showing an expiration of 7 days after you’ve claimed it. For those that have already claimed it, we will fix that issue with our next update, before the item expires.
Ignea Token #14 and Omnium Star #7 now correctly display their respective rewards.
Fixed an issue where Rift Pieces earned through the Express Mission were not able to be used at the vendor.
To avoid confusion, we have removed the South Vern World Boss (Thunderwings) from appearing in the event calendar.
Fixed an issue where the Stronghold feature for Punika Knowledge Transfer wasn’t functioning as expected. This will resolve the issue for players who already used the Punika Knowledge Transfer on a character.
Fixed an issue that was preventing users who bought the Monthly and Weekly Crystal packs from receiving their bonus crystals when their inventory was almost at max capacity.
Fixed an issue where Noble Banquet Skin and Noble Banquet Weapon Skins bought with Crystals were not dyable.

Also because of the stability issues both in eu and elsewhere, we are getting a comp box

quote:

3 days of Crystalline Aura
2 Aura of Resonance Recovery Elixirs (Upon claiming from Product Inventory you will have 14 days to use this item. On use it will grant 50 Aura Of Resonance)
3 Ascendant Honing Chests (This is a chest that allows you to chose 1 of the following, in order to help improve your honing chances)
Star’s Breathe (Tier 1) x15
Moon’s Breathe (Tier 2) x15
Solar Protection (Tier 3) x5
Solar Blessing (Tier 3) x10
Solar Grace (Tier 3 ) x30

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Cinara posted:

The correct way to build out engravings at 1370 is to get a 6/6 stone of your ideal 2 engravings, or at least a 4/6, then finish those two off with epic books. Then you get your +3 class engraving on all 5 acc slots, getting a single item with class + something if you were not able to hit a 6/6 stone.

I cheaped out because awakening/expert stones are expensive as gently caress and lighting a bunch of gold on fire feels bad when I’m still broke from honing to +15.

I ended up getting an expert/spirit absorption stone, which was still like 1k, and rolled a 6/5 on it. Then two +3 aura accessories and two +3 awakening accessories for a couple hundred total (plus peons), and using the purple books for those. I figure 3/3/1/1 is good enough for Argos as a support.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OGS-Remix posted:

Is there a good/centralized place for character presets? If I'm making alts, I might as well spend time making them look good (or borrowing other people's work).

Yeah I’d like to know this as well.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

You can get a 6 only stone and get +3 on two accessories instead. This is sometimes cheaper. For example, I have 2x 3 master tenacity accessories on my berserker. One I found and the other I paid 250g for despite it being a 3-3 with +1 defense reduction and the correct main stat.

I found a cursed doll grudge stone and rolled 7-5 :(

Hefty posted:

I ended up getting an expert/spirit absorption stone, which was still like 1k, and rolled a 6/5 on it. Then two +3 aura accessories and two +3 awakening accessories for a couple hundred total (plus peons), and using the purple books for those. I figure 3/3/1/1 is good enough for Argos as a support.
This is fairly smart, too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 23, 2022

cams
Mar 28, 2003

when people say things like "this class will feel like poo poo until you have these stats and these engravings" i get big question marks over my head cause every class has buttons i push that make enemies explode and they all feel great

except for scrapper

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They most certainly exist on scrapper

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
They better loving reset the express event. A login popup on launch on patch day with zero loving information other than showing rewards that are t3/roster bound/roster wide. Seriously starting to have doubts about this game.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

OGS-Remix posted:

Good is debatable but the subreddit and the presets channel in this discord have a bunch of presets. The discord is probably better, you can search by class and there's a lot of presets modeled after existing characters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cams posted:

when people say things like "this class will feel like poo poo until you have these stats and these engravings" i get big question marks over my head cause every class has buttons i push that make enemies explode and they all feel great

except for scrapper gunslinger

Definitely not a fan of the slinger

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
You can't spell Scrapper without crapper. Also, I like critting every single hit as a Gunslinger.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The ragdoll physics when killing trash mobs with some of Scrapper's moves are hilarious.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Seeing a pug in an Abyssal bitch about something one of us is doing and then be the first/only one to die on a boss over and over again would be hilarious if we could actually kill this loving boss

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
they nailed the excessive combat feel across the board, really. bard might seem innocuous then you go into a chaos dungeon and set off a corpse explosion chain that would make a diablo 2 necromancer feel inadequate, and that's *bard*.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I unlocked the new dungeon at South Vern and basically forgot about it until now. The Chaos Line dungeon has a lot of good stuff in there including an omnium star. You can get entry passes by doing a short weekly quest and you can buy a bunch of roster limited t3 honing materials. Its actually a lot and you should be doing them if you haven't. You do have to be 1370 to buy the items I think while South Vern unlocks at 1340.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

I unlocked the new dungeon at South Vern and basically forgot about it until now. The Chaos Line dungeon has a lot of good stuff in there including an omnium star. You can get entry passes by doing a short weekly quest and you can buy a bunch of roster limited t3 honing materials. Its actually a lot and you should be doing them if you haven't. You do have to be 1370 to buy the items I think while South Vern unlocks at 1340.
The materials were character bound and not roster when I bought them. Did they change it? Just something to be careful about.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Khorne posted:

The materials were character bound and not roster when I bought them. Did they change it? Just something to be careful about.

Sorry I should clarify. The items you buy are character bound. You can't give it to anyone. But its roster limited meaning you can only buy it once per account.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LMAO

https://mobile.twitter.com/roxxlyy/status/1518080234918072321

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I mean, for all the videos talking about nfts being scams, all josh strife hayes seems to get in emails is nft people trying to get him to promote their nft.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I was hoping to do my last two +15s to get to 1100 today, but it was not to be. Not really in any rush but also bleeegh.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

My failure rate getting the last few pieces of T3 gear to 14/15 has been insane.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of my +14s in Tier 3 were pity upgrades to 15.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I hate this pheon poo poo so much. Saving and sending mediocre gear to alts is not worth it when I have to pay 9 pheon per piece. And why should I be holding onto the good poo poo for an alt I just chill with at 1340?

It's just a dumb tacked on extra tax to make ::10bux:. He trade limit on the item itself is enough to curb flipping items over and over.

https://i.imgur.com/Gcdq5N8.mp4

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Just hit 1370 on my Scrapper main. Now to bite the bullet and look for more permanent accessory upgrades from the marketboard.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

All of my +14s in Tier 3 were pity upgrades to 15.

I don't even have enough stones to hit pity lol

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Just in case anyone is suffering from stuttering framerate after stronghold level 35 research, turn off loot/xp in all of your chat window settings.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Punika was mercifully short.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Lailai.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lailai to you too!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Anyone care to talk about what classes they are enjoying and which they aren't at this stage of the game?

I just hit the end of the 50 level several continent tutorial and unlocked my first power pass and a ton of other systems and am going to have to do some thinking. I started as bard at release which got really slow and boring in the mid-levels. I did like Arthetine and Vern. I'd been set on shadowhunter for my first power pass for the longest time but now gunslinger, gunlancer (Thar is the best and won me over on this even if he cheats and has a dodge roll), and wardancer are in the mix. I've got to pick someone for the speed pass too. I'm hearing shadowhunter as people are saying they are rough in T1 and T2 but get good in T3. I've been playing through the story super casually but I suppose I want to give this a solid shot and try to get some of the event and ark pass freebies before they go away. I might just get them all to 50 with the help of knowledge transfer too and mess around some before deciding.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bagrada posted:

Anyone care to talk about what classes they are enjoying and which they aren't at this stage of the game?

I just hit the end of the 50 level several continent tutorial and unlocked my first power pass and a ton of other systems and am going to have to do some thinking. I started as bard at release which got really slow and boring in the mid-levels. I did like Arthetine and Vern. I'd been set on shadowhunter for my first power pass for the longest time but now gunslinger, gunlancer (Thar is the best and won me over on this even if he cheats and has a dodge roll), and wardancer are in the mix. I've got to pick someone for the speed pass too. I'm hearing shadowhunter as people are saying they are rough in T1 and T2 but get good in T3. I've been playing through the story super casually but I suppose I want to give this a solid shot and try to get some of the event and ark pass freebies before they go away. I might just get them all to 50 with the help of knowledge transfer too and mess around some before deciding.

Sorc for sure.

That or Zerker for meele.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I have not found a single class I dislike and would be unhappy playing as my main. I have played and enjoyed all of the following up to mid T3; Gunlancer, Gunslinger, Deathblade, Bard, Sorceress, Paladin, Berserker, Shadowhunter and Glaivier. Now that's not to say they don't all have their quirks and there are some I vastly prefer over others. I am not going to bring all of them to 1415+, I will likely drop the Gunslinger, Berserker and Shadowhunter in the long run since you can't gain dungeon/raid gold on more than 6 characters.

But if anyone has more specific questions about any of those I'd be happy to talk about them.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Liking Gunslinger, Sorc, Shadowhunter, Glavier, Bard.

Dislike Scrapper, Soulfist.

Uncertain about Paladin, Deathblade, Gunlancer, Wardancer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

bagrada posted:

I enjoy my paladins (1420 and 1378), my striker(1388), and I'm really starting to enjoy my artillerist(1360). My Zerker(1355) is pretty meh. And I loathe my sorceress (1355).

I feel the sorc is just so fragile, and the Zerker i feel is too easy. I do feel that my artillerist does everything the sorc does, but better. Building the artillerist spec/swift and it just shits out damage without caring what the enemy target is doing. The striker needs runes and gems to feel good.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I really enjoy my pistoleer deadeye, and t3 shadowhunter.

Taijutsu dcrapper is fun and cones online very easily unlike shadowhunter. Paladin is incredibly chill.

Couldnt get on with gunlancer myself but its hilariously survivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

bagrada posted:

Gunslinger (T3 1360): change your z and x skills to side mouse buttons. Class felt awwwful until I did that. Now it's one of my faves. The nuke awakening is better just because it comes out so fast, the other you will whiff. Alot. Class revolves around debuffing with pistol skills then switching to your shotty/sniper for high damage. Sniper moreso as the fight goes on as damage goes up once they're 50% or less. Made of wet tissue paper, but she does have like 5 movement skills to counteract this. Once you get in the groove with her she's untouchable. Twitchy fast paced playstyle.

Gunlancer (just hit T3): loved it so much I used the express pass on him even though he was 900. The shield for the class ability literally ignores 90% of all boss mechanics (except unavoidable one shot stuff. You just don't die. Once properly built, I'm also somehow getting MVP on damage in t2, probably because you just never.stop.hitting. Also has a taunt that can drag bosses out of an attack animation. Once you know the boss you can stop the more deadly attacks from killing your teammates. AND a teamwide shield for another way to save them. Use the shield awakening, it instantly fills up your shield meter. The other is just for clowning on bosses you've geared past.
2 builds, very similar damage according to Korean players.
'blue' build: even more shield, an absolutely ridiculous amount of stagger. Consistent damage.
'red' build: shield drains faster just having it on, so you need to pick and choose when to have it up not to waste. Massive crits, but required to hit the bosses face. Lots of stagger AND weak point so you cover all aspects. Harder to play than blue. Pick if you like big numbers.

War dancer (T3 1325): I read that this class feels dogshit until endgame, they were right. Don't feel like I did anything until this point. Can't really judge it yet as she's not got any good gear but getting her here was an absolute slog. Highest DPS currently in game once you get to 1445 relic gear, that's so far away I'm just gonna park at 1340 for now. Provides crit resistance debuff and move/attack speed buff for team. 2 builds are burst DPS or consistent. Use the 2nd awakening, her first hits in a line multiple times, but unless the boss fills the screen it'll only got once or twice. Currently feels like the worst awakening I've used so far.

For the ones you mentioned. Rest are:

Paladin (T3 1390, main): Want your mug cheering away on every single MVP screen? Play Paladin! Want to be adored for gracing an Argos lobby with your presence? Play Paladin!

Difference between him and bard is, bard picks either healing or DPS buffs. Pally does both, but bard can give more from focusing on one or the other. I didn't struggle with any solo content as he has so many nukes if you need them.
DPS buffs consistent with good rotation, constant resistance debuff, x skill is constant healing and more DPS, once you have some wealth runes it's up nearly all the time. Awakening is a huge shield that's on like a 90 sec cool down. I use 4 per guardian of fight. Emergency 90% damage reduction aoe shield. Crazy support.

DPS pally for boss rush cus who cares.

Sorcerer (t2 980): Feels broken. You know that random bullshit go! Meme? That's sorc. Even when you know the class.
On reflux build anyway. Apply the damage debuff then faceroll your keyboard. Reflux loses the damage buff x skill, for insane cool down reduction. Because you haven't got it, you instead have near endless teleports.

Stand away from the boss spamming skills, when you get focused port away. Apart from not knowing the fight I dunno how you can die. Safest DPS I've played, which does end up feeling a tad boring. Igniter is the build most people play for huge, huge nukes so I might switch cus reflux is lost ark easy mode.

Sharpshooter (T3 1340): Starts slow. Deathstrike is the burst build and what I'm running. Relies on filling your meter, chucking your debuff bird and squeezing in as many skills as you can in 8 secs. Snipe is your main nuke, this needs to land. With the right build by the time you've used your skills you'll be ready to debuff and start the cycle again, so similar to late game Shadowhunter. Long range for damage skills, melee for meter build, so you'll be darting in and out of the fight. Fun to play.
Other build is consistent DPS with a constant movespeed party buff.

Glavier feels very similar to gunslinger, for the pinnacle build anyway. Stance switch for damage. Except both skill bars are DPS. Lots of mobility, bit more tanky. She also has a counter skill that avoids most of the damage if she's hit during the shield. Saved my arse few times already and looks badass when you pull it off. I can see why people are switching to her for a main.