Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ukraine's folly is that they need not face the orcs. Cast the tracksuit into the washer, destroy Putin, and the orcs will be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
someone posted the tweets 10,000 pages ago about the far-right, nationalist Ukrainian group in Chicago using orcs to describe black people living on the south side of the city during the BLM protests in 2020. just a few bad apples. :)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Zelensky and Putin finally meet one-on-one, mono-e-mono, for the final round of negotiations. But what's this? His broad toned shoulders, braided thick hair, his glistening jade skin, his large bejeweled tusks....Zelensky is enraptured. What are these feelings deep in his chest? Was he wrong all along?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Neurolimal posted:

mono-e-mono

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the sherman gang tags that keep on posting itt are the biggest war crime

What's wrong with Sherman tags?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

April 21, 2022, 1:08 p.m. ET
Michael Schwirtz

Inside the Azovstal plant, a Ukrainian sergeant prays for rescue.

ZAPORIZHZHIA, Ukraine — Staff Sgt. Leonid Kuznetsov of the Ukrainian National Guard is running out of time.

He and his comrades holding out in the Azovstal steel factory in Mariupol have only light weapons — machine guns, pistols — to defend themselves against Russian tanks, jets and artillery. They are holed up in a small, reinforced-cement bunker with peeling blue paint on the walls and about two meters of earth over their heads.

Even if the shelling that has been their constant companion for weeks comes to an end with Vladimir V. Putin’s order on Thursday to end the assault on the factory, the Russian president’s decision to blockade the last bastion of Ukrainian resistance “so that a fly can’t get through” could be a death sentence.

“I’m alive and healthy for now, but the situation is very difficult,” said Sergeant Kuznetsov, who is 25. “We’re at the end of our food and water. We have about 1,000 civilians at the factory. I can’t say how many soldiers we have. There are many, many wounded and not enough medicine. The smallest injury can be fatal; there are not even simple bandages.”

The Russian military’s destruction of Mariupol will be recorded in history as one of the singular calamities of Mr. Putin’s disastrous war in Ukraine. A vivacious seaside town of about half a million people has been turned to a charred and pockmarked hellscape, the bodies of soldiers, civilians and their pets littering the once leafy avenues.

On Thursday, Russia’s defense minister, Sergei Shoigu, announced to Mr. Putin that the ruined city was now fully under Russian control, save for the besieged steel plant. There are few buildings left standing and most of the city’s residents, those who have not been killed in weeks of nearly incessant shelling, have fled.

The zone of Ukrainian control in Mariupol has narrowed to suffocating bunkers under the steel plant like the one where Sergeant Kuznetsov and his fellow soldiers remain, running out of everything, including reserves of hope.

“We’re hoping for help,” he said. “If we don’t get it, we won’t make it out of this factory. We will die here with weapons in our hands defending Ukraine.”

Sergeant Kuznetsov communicated with a reporter by text using the chat app Telegram, and sent a short video of himself sitting in the bunker with a few fellow soldiers nearby. He has an internet connection thanks to Starlink, the satellite internet provider created by Elon Musk.

Sergeant Kuznetsov chose to join the military after college because he thought that was what a man was supposed to do, his wife, Maria Kuznetsova said in an interview. “It’s his character,” she said. “He thinks that a man must serve to protect his family.”

Ms. Kuznetsova, 23, said she met her future husband when they were students at Mariupol State University. They married a few years later and now have a year-old son named David. Sergeant Kuznetsov served for three years, then retired in December and filed an application to become a police officer.

Then, on Feb. 24, the war broke out.

Ms. Kuznetsova said she repeatedly begged her husband not to rejoin the military, and initially thought she had talked him out of it.

“It’s difficult to let your beloved man go,” she said. “But every day he talked about it, and then quickly gathered up his things and went.”

Sergeant Kuznetsov said he was posted to different regions in the city before eventually being assigned to the Azovstal steel plant. For weeks it served as both a military base and a refuge for the families of soldiers and steel workers, as Ukrainian defenders in other parts of the city were killed or forced to retreat.

With no one else left to fight, Russian forces turned their entire might against the factory in recent days, pummeling it day and night with airstrikes, artillery and rockets.

Sergeant Kuznetsov said more than 500 people were suffering from various injuries and there were many, many dead. A number of people sheltering inside have been killed by cave-ins caused by the shelling, he said.

He estimated that he and his fellow soldiers could hold out for another day, perhaps two.

“I ask the whole world to do everything possible to stop the military aggression against independent Ukraine,” he said. “Punish everyone who is responsible for the military action on our territory.”

Ms. Kuznetsova accused the Ukrainian government of abandoning the troops left in the factory complex, though rescuing them would require resources Ukraine can ill afford to spare as its army tries to withstand a new Russian offensive in the east.

Surrender to the Russian forces, Ms. Kutnetsova said, was also out of the question. “It’s a big risk. They could just shoot him.”

Ms. Kuznetsova was able to evacuate with their son on March 20 and is now living in the relative safety of western Ukraine. When they spoke, on Wednesday, she said he had made it clear that the situation was dire.

“He has no way out,” she said. “He hopes that everything will turn out all right, but he told me to be prepared for any outcome.”

On Thursday evening, Sergeant Kuznetsov, who had not sent a message in 24 hours, finally texted. The situation was grim. Despite Mr. Putin’s order, he said, Russian forces had moved to within 20 meters of where he and his comrades had taken refuge, and continued to pound their location from the air.

“We have a day or two if the fight isn’t that intense,” he said. “If it is, it all may end within 12 hours.”
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/21/world/ukraine-russia-war-news?smid=url-copy#mariupol-azovstal-steel-ukraine-war

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

making out with each other then passing out for 2 weeks

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

what kind of orcs are we talkin here. Like is it the warhammer kind of ork, or Warcraft demon/elemental spirit worshiping kind, or LoTR orcs.

Is Kadyrov Grimgor Ironhide?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BrotherJayne posted:

theyre gay

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Popy posted:

what kind of orcs are we talkin here. Like is it the warhammer kind of ork, or Warcraft demon/elemental spirit worshiping kind, or LoTR orcs.

Is Kadyrov Grimgor Ironhide?

its these guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol yeah, it's anti-imperialism that divides the world into spheres of influence and not.... imperialism

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

BrotherJayne posted:

lol

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

? Someone better explain. Until such a time, Sherman's statue shall proudly stand on my bookshelf, snuggled up with Castro

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

BrotherJayne posted:

? Someone better explain. Until such a time, Sherman's statue shall proudly stand on my bookshelf, snuggled up with Castro

he genocided native americans

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BrotherJayne posted:

Grats on the Native American genocider statue.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

drat bro get sherman away from castro

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I have been assured by Sherman taghavers that surely the devastation he wrought on the south affected only Bad People (racist white slavers)

In addition to the genocide thing. It’s a bad tag for morons.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

To play the Russians on the tabletop you need the Orc Codex. That alone has the rules to play the basic Russians, but you need it for the spinoff factions as well. The Chechens have their own codex. The rules for VDV and Buryats are in the "Kyiv Front" campaign book.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I'm glad to hear "death to america" isn't a political position because I've been wanting to shout it from the rooftops but I was afraid of pissing people off

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Sherman's march to the sea in particular isn't the cool own on the Confederates it appears to be either, since by burning any and all crops they could find and loving up all the infrastructure, they also directly caused the deprivation and, in some cases, outright starvation of the slave population of the land they marched through.

His army actually ended up with streams of refugees and "freed" slaves following behind it, begging for food.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Sorry but my Sherman funko pop stays, nestled right there between the Joker and Kane from Red Alert

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

M_Gargantua posted:

oh so youre just using nazi as a catch all for nationalists, ultranationalists, and fascists all together

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I know it might be difficult for people who take big moral stands on conflicts to recognise, but using deprivation as a weapon against a civilian population is always bad, no matter who does it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

if one says that Ukraine is a nazi state and Russia is a far right nationalist state, that is a distinction without a difference

Russia isn’t a nationalist state

it’s literally the most famous multi national state and number 1 example of a multi national state

Endman
May 18, 2010

euphronius posted:

it’s literally the most famous multi national state and number 1 example of a multi national state

Austria-Hungary was way cooler imo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

M_Gargantua posted:

i am still very much pro-nazi shooting in my bloodlust

Hello friend, I was wondering who, currently in Ukraine, counts as a nazi for you.

Azathoth posted:

if one says that Ukraine is a nazi state and Russia is a far right nationalist state, that is a distinction without a difference

The difference as I see it is that when Roma camps are raided and forced to move, there are less murders in the second option, atleast afaik. If Ukraine continues on it's political path I only see this getting worse.

Oh and I thought of the name for my blog of warzone pants making GBS threads.

Blood and soiled.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The nazis in Ukraine count as nazis

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Loucks posted:

I have been assured by Sherman taghavers that surely the devastation he wrought on the south affected only Bad People (racist white slavers)

War is war, you'd think that would e well understood by now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Popy posted:

drat bro get sherman away from castro

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/GustavoTaco14/status/1517572148604567552
:liberalism:

Endman
May 18, 2010

BrotherJayne posted:

I suppose you also think the area-bombing of German and Japanese cities was totally cool too?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Weka posted:

Hello friend, I was wondering who, currently in Ukraine, counts as a nazi for you.

The difference as I see it is that when Roma camps are raided and forced to move, there are less murders in the second option, atleast afaik. If Ukraine continues on it's political path I only see this getting worse.

Oh and I thought of the name for my blog of warzone pants making GBS threads.

Blood and soiled.

Republicans are marginally worse than Democrats on a variety of issues, that doesn't mean that supporting Democrats is a more moral option because neither are good or will solve the problem. A kinder, gentler ethnic cleansing is still an ethnic cleansing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Unhand me, orcish dogs!" Shouted Artyom the Roma-Slayer, grand prince of Mariupol; Once a proud city of man, now reduced to an orcine breeding pit. Artyom would not grant them the satisfaction of a willing surrender, he would not fall to his knees for an orc! He had focused so thoroughly on disobeying the orcs who guided the noble using roped shackles, that he had not even noticed to whom he had been dragged; gazing upwards, his eyes shot wide open, his heart skipped its beat, and his breath caught in the throat at the sight:

"You warm bed" declared the great warchief, who stood several heads taller than the young prince; he would not need to kneel tonight.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

thrall was lenin

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BrotherJayne posted:

“Sherman” posted:

we must act with vindictive earnestness against the Sioux, even to their extermination, men, women, and children

“Sherman” posted:

The more Indians we can kill... the less will have to be killed the next war, for the more I see of these Indians, the more convinced I am that they all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Apr 23, 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Endman posted:

Austria-Hungary was way cooler imo

:hmmyes:

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

This is enlightening.

Russia is a provider of raw goods like oil, gas, and agricultural products to the US and it's client states. Citizens of the US believe that Putin should be overthrown. Therefore, Russia is a victim of US imperialism.

Russia interferes in the affairs of other countries in the world including direct meddling in elections therefore wanting Putin overthrown is anti imperialism.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are rooting for an empire to do that then no it isn’t

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

euphronius posted:

Lol I’ll go tell the Chechen’s and Dagestani’s the shelled out ruins of their countries is actually a wonderful land of peace, flowers and racial harmony. At this point I’m half convinced you’re a gimmick account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there isn’t “racial harmony” or whatever you mean by that direct but that doesn’t make Russia a nazi state. the USA isn’t a nazi state atm either