Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mainwaring posted:

This is absolutely the way, I just blasted straight through gold into platinum as rdm with only a single loss. The damage output is astounding

Similar success on my end, in terms of damage and kills anyway (I will never leave bronze). The melee combo is a killer and the aoe silence also does a good chunk of damage, too.

Plus, you get to look fancy while doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Galaga Galaxian posted:

gently caress the housing barons. Strip their houses. I don't care if they have multiple characters, or accounts. :guillotine:

They need to get rid of the submarines. My friend has about 15 houses worth of submarines and they each generate about 200k of passive income per day in maintenance mode. Because of the new tier of items they currently generate a lot more because they can bring back new items that have a huge markup. That in itself is a huge incentive that they need to get rid of.

Then they need to make houses have an upkeep cost. If you don't then all these shell FC houses are just going to sit around doing nothing because there's no reason to get rid of them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJ posted:

They need to get rid of the submarines. My friend has about 15 houses worth of submarines and they each generate about 200k of passive income per day in maintenance mode. Because of the new tier of items they currently generate a lot more because they can bring back new items that have a huge markup. That in itself is a huge incentive that they need to get rid of.

Then they need to make houses have an upkeep cost. If you don't then all these shell FC houses are just going to sit around doing nothing because there's no reason to get rid of them.

No.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think that, instead,, they should simply,,, make you choose one personal estate and delete all the others

But I'm dumb so please explain to me why that wouldn't work, I guess

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, that's all fine if you only have one house. It's only a problem because they were grandfathered in with multiple.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Arist posted:

I think that, instead,, they should simply,,, make you choose one personal estate and delete all the others

Personal estates can't run submarines. It's FC houses, which you can still acquire multiple of.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CJ posted:

Personal estates can't run submarines. It's FC houses, which you can still acquire multiple of.

I mean you could...also limit those?

Like the problem is too many houses being owned by a single FC or person, I don't understand how removing content from the game fixes that.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

CJ posted:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Like the problem is too many houses being owned by a single FC or person, I don't understand how removing content from the game fixes that.

The do limit them. From the update about Empyreum and the lottery system back in March:

quote:

Q: I understand that only one entry per character per lottery period is allowed, but is there any limit per account?

A: The restriction that players may only purchase and maintain one private and one free company plot per World per service account remains unchanged. For this reason, you cannot submit an entry for a free company plot on a given World if another character on the same account purchased and maintains a free company plot. Likewise, you cannot submit an entry for a private plot on that World if another character on the same account purchased and maintains a private plot.
* Updated on Friday, April 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yes now but as Arist said that started this convo, there's this issue with They Didn't At Some Point and there's people that own more than they need and that should be dealt with and limited and not just ones moving forward.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Yes now but as Arist said that started this convo, there's this issue with They Didn't At Some Point and there's people that own more than they need and that should be dealt with and limited and not just ones moving forward.

Right, but I was mostly responding to CJ, who said they aren't limited now.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

I think they should, but i wasn't sure if there was a legitimate reason someone would want to have two FCs such as leading a guild such as RPing or something? It also doesn't remove the incentive for each person to have 1 private FC on an alt which collectively eats into the limited supply.

You say it would be removing content but it is basically retainer missions or WoW garrison tables where you press a button and then come back later to collect the loot. Given there's a housing shortage i don't see the reason that permission to generate passive income should be tied to owning a house. Even if they got rid of all the loopholes preventing people from owning multiple, there would still be real FCs that wouldn't be able to get a house.

Onean posted:

Right, but I was mostly responding to CJ, who said they aren't limited now.

From my understanding, the loophole is that you buy the house on one account, then you leave the FC so ownership transfers to the account with multiple FCs.

CJ fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 23, 2022

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

The other option would be to open subs to private ownership including for apartments or whatever other forms housing it can be tied to in the future (same for gardens).

They already gave up on FC crafts actually involving multiple people. Just sell ceruleum for some other currency and you're set.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Algid posted:

The other option would be to open subs to private ownership including for apartments or whatever other forms housing it can be tied to in the future (same for gardens).

They already gave up on FC crafts actually involving multiple people. Just sell ceruleum for some other currency and you're set.

That is another option, but keep in mind that they are capable of generating 200k gil per day from vendor trash. WoW garrison tables used to generate gold like that but they removed it because it was causing massive inflation. In FF14 they removed coffee biscuit turnins for the same reason. I don't think the system could survive opening them up to one per character.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Arist posted:

Yep.

Send a mail to every private owner and FC that has more than one estate, give them 30 days to pick one to keep and abandon the others, or one gets chosen at random.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should do what Elder Scrolls Online does with housing and get people to pay hundreds of dollars for premium houses.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

super sweet best pal posted:

They should do what Elder Scrolls Online does with housing and get people to pay hundreds of dollars for premium houses.

Don't worry, house resellers let you do that too!

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Taking away peoples' houses feels like something FF14 would never do.

I think the ideal solution might be just developing a whole new type of housing district, one that isn't loaded into the game world 24/7. And freeze the old housing districts - no more housing items compatible with the old districts will be added, empty house plots will remain unpurchaseable, and you can't buy into the neo-housing districts while holding onto any of the old ones. Gradually condense the old wards as people transfer over to the new neighborhoods.

Of course every single part of that depends on developing some technology that permits any player that wants a house to get a house, and they just added Ishgard housing so fundamental reworks are obviously not currently planned.

/still a somewhat bitter hobosaint

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Every property you own should make the activity timer tick faster.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
man some people do have some interesting strategies in CC sometimes

I wish I knew what this rando reaper's goal was by repeatedly charging past the team, the crystal, and straight into the enemy spawn zone alone, dude died like 9-12 times in one match for it

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MechaX posted:

man some people do have some interesting strategies in CC sometimes

I wish I knew what this rando reaper's goal was by repeatedly charging past the team, the crystal, and straight into the enemy spawn zone alone, dude died like 9-12 times in one match for it

Exp / Crystal / wolf mark farming. Doesn’t matter if you win or lose if you’re botting or just watching Netflix.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Grayshift posted:

Taking away peoples' houses feels like something FF14 would never do.

The housing system, much like Ul'dah, needs a good old fashioned bloody revolution. Mourn not for the innocent millionaires who could lose that second/third/tenth property they really liked. Their suffering is as nothing weighed against the anguish of the long-term homeless.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

sassassin posted:

The housing system, much like Ul'dah, needs a good old fashioned bloody revolution. Mourn not for the innocent millionaires who could lose that second/third/tenth property they really liked. Their suffering is as nothing weighed against the anguish of the long-term homeless.

I have never owned a house, nor have I tried. 90% of that is because I keep hearing about how stressful getting one is.

Let's take to the STREETS and burn this motherfucker down.

EDIT: this post also applies to irl

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 23, 2022

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
as i have a house, the system is fine.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Farg posted:

as i have a house, the system is fine.

Final gently caress You Got Mine XIV

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I just learned that not all of the game's low poly grapes were replaced with a high poly version.

This pleases me. :unsmith:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

CJ posted:

That is another option, but keep in mind that they are capable of generating 200k gil per day from vendor trash. WoW garrison tables used to generate gold like that but they removed it because it was causing massive inflation. In FF14 they removed coffee biscuit turnins for the same reason. I don't think the system could survive opening them up to one per character.

Opening up submarine and airship exploration to everyone would at least cause prices for a lot of materials to drop if everyone could conceivably get them, even if it'd take awhile for private owners to catch up. They could also just reduce the resale value of the vendor trash if it was really that much of a problem. I only played with airships and subs very briefly so I'm not 100% familiar with what you can get from them, aside from just learning about the stone to make the indoor fountain item that currently costs like 9 million gil for one, but it's new and rare.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

as someone without a house, the system is fine

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I had a house but didn't have a sub for a while and now it's gone

I still visit it sometimes, look into the windows, etc

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Vitamean posted:

as someone without a house, the system is fine

its good to meet fellow level-headed folk

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I had a house but didn't have a sub for a while and now it's gone

I still visit it sometimes, look into the windows, etc

This is also what I did. I thought 'this was relatively cheap and there are still plenty of open houses so I don't need to spend IRL money just to keep logged into a game I'm not playing very much just for a house.'

But that was in the Before Times, before the game got really really popular.

Also yes forcibly remove houses from people who have too many.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Introduce Squatter's Rights into the housing system.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013

sassassin posted:

I'm not saying I don't support this, just that I don't think FF14 would ever actually do it. Moralists! Centrists! :argh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, the main reason I've never bothered going for a house is the requirement to stay subbed. I want to play something else from time to time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lol if you don’t buy your sub in 6-month increments. :mmmsmug:

:retrogames:

(Look I’m just the type of person who wants fewer, bigger payments than more, smaller ones when I sub to something.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do wish that submarines were available outside of FCs because my FC doesn't really keep them up (but is where my friends all play so I will remain there) but I'd like to get them glasses.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I do wish that submarines were available outside of FCs because my FC doesn't really keep them up (but is where my friends all play so I will remain there) but I'd like to get them glasses.

Take over subma duties.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Winstreaked on RDM from Diamond 4 to Diamond 1-3, three more games got me Crystal

Not gonna lie, I got carried by an absolutely fearless Samurai who simply dove in and got everyone to pile up for my Resolution and Frazzle for like three games straight though

My W/L ratio was just under 55% but I'm calculating that by adding my casual wins into my ranked wins and dividing by my total number of games (which I used the "participate in x crystalline conflict matches" achievement to track)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Onean posted:

Yeah, that's all fine if you only have one house. It's only a problem because they were grandfathered in with multiple.

Well they shouldn't be grandfathered. Refund the cost of all the extra houses. One house per server per account. :colbert:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I mean, they have been grandfathered, they were grandfathered years ago, and the devs seem disinterested in figuring out how to get these people to give them up beyond "maybe one day their subs will lapse".

like, come on. it is kinda funny that someone was able to scoop up an entire ward on mateus uncontested, even if they are a lovely person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vitamean posted:

I mean, they have been grandfathered, they were grandfathered years ago, and the devs seem disinterested in figuring out how to get these people to give them up beyond "maybe one day their subs will lapse".

like, come on. it is kinda funny that someone was able to scoop up an entire ward on mateus uncontested, even if they are a lovely person.

So reverse course. Sorry, pick your house, you must relinquish all others or you will lose every house.