Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope he has an impacted poop that won’t come out and he’s too scared to be put under for surgery so it just blows up his colon from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Crab Dad posted:

I always tell me I learned more about the armed forces from this forum than all my time in the reserves.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

On the other hand, the OP figured out how to devote their amorous ambitions to an MRE, which is less harmful behaviour than that of a lot of CF generals and admirals.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Here's a spicy hot take to get rid of hampussy
https://twitter.com/UnPressed/status/1515417477835943938?t=hlE5sxntxe6leIYX_tb1qg&s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Get so angry that people don’t understand that Ukraines want to fight.

That gilded tower loser needs to learn the fear of becoming a Russian hampussy/washing machine/flush toilet before anyone should give their musing the time of day.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Perun put out another great video.

https://youtu.be/F2ptG1IxZ08

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Taerkar posted:

The Vomlet is the worst anything. MRE. Food. Paperweight. Biohazard.

i can't quote this hard enough

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Cimber posted:

Gripping the table like that could be a sign that he's trying to hide tremors, such as caused by parkinson's disease. Also note the stiffness of his posture.
It's this or something similar. Notice that Putin also can't seem to stop moving his right foot, while his left one mostly stays put. Hitler had the same poo poo due to his syphilis or something, look up that 1945 film where he's shaking soldiers hands and attempting to hide his hand/arm tremor by putting his arm behind his back, which the camera accidently records.
source: I have some undiagnosed neurological issues. Got a CAT scan done & the grumpy Navy doc was like "So, are you trying to get out of your contract early? I think there's nothing wrong with you" even though I was a 10-year E-5. loving hate training commands.

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 23, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Taerkar posted:

The Vomlet is the worst anything. MRE. Food. Paperweight. Biohazard.

Ah, but in Canada...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKTZUuRHK4

...yeah, it's about as bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope he has an impacted poop that won’t come out and he’s too scared to be put under for surgery so it just blows up his colon from the inside.

That was a terrible post but it's a bit extreme to hope he jammed a 203 round up his rear end.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

With all the officers getting smoked, at what point does an army just break down from lack of people doing paper work or telling other people what to do or communicating with other sections?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1517875958300258306

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

drat hipsters

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Defenestrategy posted:

With all the officers getting smoked, at what point does an army just break down from lack of people doing paper work or telling other people what to do or communicating with other sections?

Remember the scene in Apocalypse Now at the Do Lung Bridge? :black101:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
From some pages back, A friend of mine has at points been a professional DoD China watcher/war-gamer, and his observation is that they don’t do good thinking about situations where they might not just win because they’re China. All their war games and planning is rigged so that China is always the winner. No need to plan for contingencies because glorious China can’t lose, so why plan otherwise? And to reinforce that their military, at least the land forces, are principally trained and designed to suppress their own populace, and not fight external threats.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I'm not a milhist guy, is that a WWI Vickers?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

From some pages back, A friend of mine has at points been a professional DoD China watcher/war-gamer, and his observation is that they don’t do good thinking about situations where they might not just win because they’re China. All their war games and planning is rigged so that China is always the winner. No need to plan for contingencies because glorious China can’t lose, so why plan otherwise? And to reinforce that their military, at least the land forces, are principally trained and designed to suppress their own populace, and not fight external threats.

Any scenario where China loses or is brought to a stalemate isn't a failure by China, but rather by The Party, which can never be allowed to happen. Ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's a WW1 Maxim.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maxim.

DP-28 in the background.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maxim as beaten upthread, and honestly it can still kill infantry drat good. Just heavier than sin and not easy to move and set up at all, also if you damage the water jacket the gun is hosed.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Stultus Maximus posted:

You're getting corrected, but Maxim and Vickers is basically the same gun.

Woodchip posted:

drat hipsters

Leftist ukrainian twitter poster said the anarchists in his unit were real exited when they received a maxim. (Though they were all cognizant that "breaking out the maxims" were not a great situation for a modern military to be in)

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Maxims being used in combat in 2022, drat. And I thought Mosins and PPShs being brought out of storage for the Russian side was crazy.
Too bad this is the Ukrainians. Is this some sort of militia unit?

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Xakura posted:

Leftist ukrainian twitter poster said the anarchists in his unit were real exited when they received a maxim. (Though they were all cognizant that "breaking out the maxims" were not a great situation for a modern military to be in)

Maybe they are from the same museum that busted out the WW2 anti-tank hedgehogs around Kyiv. Still has the plaque attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hdJ75qin4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you're defending a fixed position a Maxim gun is probably perfectly suitable, if clumsy. Just don't knick the water jacket and it'll probably fire as long as you have ammo (and water).

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

They are also equipping technicals with Maxims.

Which is metal as hell.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

Close, WWIII Vickers.

Fake edit: Maxim, whatever.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Ukraine is Maxim Country

https://mobile.twitter.com/notwoofers/status/1506774607059161089

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

bulletsponge13 posted:

Which is metal as hell.
This is a pretty good idea. These types of machine guns just keep firing with no complaint as long as they get water to keep the barrel cool.
I just had a galaxy brain idea: Install a radiator in the technical which is connected to the Maxim. Fire all day and never have to worry about getting new water.

edit:
i just came my pants

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Which is metal as hell.

"I dreamt I saw Nestor Makhno" He rides eternal.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Vanya Basilone

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The real question is who is still making Maxim belts.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Russian State TV having a normal one

https://youtu.be/8uSd9RYQH0I

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Gun Jesus, probably.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Maxims being used in combat in 2022, drat. And I thought Mosins and PPShs being brought out of storage for the Russian side was crazy.
Too bad this is the Ukrainians. Is this some sort of militia unit?

Guessing yes, or Territorial Defense, partly just because they're taking videos of themselves and putting it on Tik Tok. My impression is that the regulars tend not to do that. Could be wrong, though.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Marshal Prolapse posted:

That is the most hilariously stupid magical thinking I've seen.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The old Eastern Bloc countries are absolutely silly with Maxim belts, every Eastern Bloc country has a ton of them in storage still, so I don't think they have a big problem sourcing them. They're not going to set up their troops with poo poo they don't have parts for.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Marshal Prolapse posted:

While obviously ridiculous, this is.... troubling.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Is there a sweet spot for the Russians natural-selection-wise where the stupid officers get killed and the semi-competent ones finally get to positions they could potentially excel, vs the total breakdown of C2 with so few officers/officers getting promoted to positions above their grade or experience?

I’m fairly certain we’re long past that point with how many general officers the Ukrainians have promoted to sunflower-fieldmarshal, but could that have been a thing at any point so far?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maxim and PKM use the same belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Maxim and PKM use the same belts.
Aha! Because fabric absolutely rots in storage, and I wouldn't trust decades-old canvas to stand up to being yanked through a machine gun at speed.