Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's a bit like Warframe where had they done something way earlier they'd have nipped it in the bud but now there is no solution that won't step on too many toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Argas posted:

It's a bit like Warframe where had they done something way earlier they'd have nipped it in the bud but now there is no solution that won't step on too many toes.

"Too many toes" is a handful of housing barons. gently caress them.

Should 100 people get hosed over so 2000 people can get houses? Absofuckinglutely.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vitamean posted:

like, come on. it is kinda funny that someone was able to scoop up an entire ward on mateus uncontested, even if they are a lovely person.

Hmm. No :)

Argas posted:

??????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

Huh??!!?!?!!??!?! Buh??????????????????????????????????????????????

Who cares about stepping on their toes??? One person doesn't need 20 houses!!!! who cares if they were grandfatherd in??!!?! Square should take 19 of them away!!!! am i going coocoo bananas here??

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

So reverse course. Sorry, pick your house, you must relinquish all others or you will lose every house.

feel free to submit that here instead of telling me

fair enough. have a good day!

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 23, 2022

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

this thread is going to die when island sanctuaries have nothing to do with housing in any way

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The ward thing and the response the wrote up about it are both very funny

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a good site that does boss writeups in text with diagrams/short videos as needed? https://www.akhmorning.com/raids/p2s for example fits perfectly with how I process information but they haven't done P3S and P4S. All I can find are either full textwall descriptions or videos.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sorry guys, wrap it up. All discussion is useless here because it won't change the game.
:goonsay:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Island Sanctuary will be a private instance but the house is owned and randomly decorated by either Gegeruju or Lolorito and you just harvest crops for them while your minions sort bruised ones out of the pile

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Is there a good site that does boss writeups in text with diagrams/short videos as needed? https://www.akhmorning.com/raids/p2s for example fits perfectly with how I process information but they haven't done P3S and P4S. All I can find are either full textwall descriptions or videos.

Endgame stuff is kind of a big fuckin mess right now. The guides on The Balance might help (P3S linked here https://www.thebalanceffxiv.com/encounters/savage/pandaemonium/p3s/) but both sites are kinda just aping what salted used to do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Chillgamesh posted:

The Island Sanctuary will be a private instance but the house is owned and randomly decorated by either Gegeruju or Lolorito and you just harvest crops for them while your minions sort bruised ones out of the pile

My good friend Lolorito you say

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Bruceski posted:

saltedxiv.com usually has a collation of write ups and toolboxes that correspond to the write up text too

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

orcane posted:

Sorry guys, wrap it up. All discussion is useless here because it won't change the game.
:goonsay:

don't worry I'm yoship's direct report and I'll make sure your suggestions get to him tomorrow

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Why don't they just add a bunch more housing wards? Not worth the server costs? Chip shortage?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it sounds like they want to in the future, but it's not something they can do on a dime/without a major maintenance.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They also did just add 24 new wards per server.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

new update that adds subsubdivisions that rotate the map another 90 degrees

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Finally plot 69 is accessible.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Finally plot 69 is accessible.

first plot with 1 trillion bids

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting
I would qualify as a housing baron and I will clear up some misconceptions in no particular order:

1.) People poo poo the bed about multi-owners but it is just not a significant problem for SE to bother changing. Shell FCs make up around 2 to 3 percent of all homes. This is actually a relatively easy number to know thanks to the Lodestone. On average, 70% of all homes belong to personal owners. Here is an example report to play with:
https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/60f66048-3e12-4dc5-8d11-52398331e38d/page/BBs5B

2.) Getting a house is the easy part of running submarines. It takes 4-6 months of near daily babysitting before the subs will return any gil, let alone a profit from everything it cost to get them there: sub mats, repair materials, fuel, opportunity cost.

3.) People frequently misunderstand the rules for FC home ownership and when they were added. The only new rules for 6.1 were that a fresh FC must wait 30 days before bidding on a home and the rule that a member must be part of the FC for 30 days before being promoted to leader. Any account can hold up to eight FC homes per world still. The rule states that you cannot purchase a FC home if you already have a character that owns one on the account. However, if someone passes you leadership from another account, you can own multiple. The only grandfathered rule is the one that allowed 8 personals per world.

4.) Most housing barons don't really give a poo poo one way or the other on the new lottery system as they already have theirs. It is now way harder to BECOME a housing baron and nearly impossible to get "dream plots". Lottery did kill off the most egregious ways of reselling plots so that was a success.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
2-3% of houses being shell FCs are still over 200 houses per server being used up that could go to people.

So yeah, kill all land barons.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Futanari Rastafari posted:

I would qualify as a housing baron and I will clear up some misconceptions in no particular order:

1.) People poo poo the bed about multi-owners but it is just not a significant problem for SE to bother changing. Shell FCs make up around 2 to 3 percent of all homes. This is actually a relatively easy number to know thanks to the Lodestone. On average, 70% of all homes belong to personal owners. Here is an example report to play with:
https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/60f66048-3e12-4dc5-8d11-52398331e38d/page/BBs5B

2.) Getting a house is the easy part of running submarines. It takes 4-6 months of near daily babysitting before the subs will return any gil, let alone a profit from everything it cost to get them there: sub mats, repair materials, fuel, opportunity cost.

3.) People frequently misunderstand the rules for FC home ownership and when they were added. The only new rules for 6.1 were that a fresh FC must wait 30 days before bidding on a home and the rule that a member must be part of the FC for 30 days before being promoted to leader. Any account can hold up to eight FC homes per world still. The rule states that you cannot purchase a FC home if you already have a character that owns one on the account. However, if someone passes you leadership from another account, you can own multiple. The only grandfathered rule is the one that allowed 8 personals per world.

4.) Most housing barons don't really give a poo poo one way or the other on the new lottery system as they already have theirs. It is now way harder to BECOME a housing baron and nearly impossible to get "dream plots". Lottery did kill off the most egregious ways of reselling plots so that was a success.

:guillotine:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

no one's gonna read past your first sentence but than you for posting that anyway, I like seeing what a person who isn't the insane ward baron on mateus thinks about this

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

2-3% of houses being shell FCs are still over 200 houses per server being used up that could go to people.

So yeah, kill all land barons.

They have to put in time to develop a system to deal with the people who own multiple houses and if 2-3% is an accurate number then it's probably not going to be worth the development time, especially after how hosed this lottery system ended up being.

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Failboattootoot posted:

They have to put in time to develop a system to deal with the people who own multiple houses and if 2-3% is an accurate number then it's probably not going to be worth the development time, especially after how hosed this lottery system ended up being.

Yeah this is a big reason, other reasons include:

1.) They won't punish players for a housing demand problem they have failed to fix (2-3% of homes isn't a cause or solution to the "crisis").
2.) Generally most multi-owners picked up extra plots when they were unwanted and you could walk up and buy them with no timer.
3.) It would be comically easy to bypass any restrictions with some discount ARR accounts. You can have the owner on an unsubbed account and an active officer on your main account keep it active. You could just have 6-7 ranks of unsubbed alts who leadership is passed to every 30 days and just reset them all during a free-play campaign.
4.) Multi-home owners actively use the housing system unlike most personal owners.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

just discovered a speedrun trick, make sure to take advantage of it before they patch it on tuesday

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://latetothepartyfinder.com/how-to-manage-your-ffxiv-inventory/

Been trying to somehow handle all my inventory, this was updated just 2 weeks ago and has helped me a lot, for any out there overwhelmed like I am with all this junk.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vitamean posted:

as someone without a house, the system is fine

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vitamean posted:

like, come on. it is kinda funny that someone was able to scoop up an entire ward on mateus uncontested, even if they are a lovely person.

No, in fact, you do not have to hand it to the person with the mental asylum and cannibalism dungeon in their ascian RP housing ward

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

didn't say any of this but thanks for putting the effort in I guess. try matching the font next time, I think it looks cleaner.

Kyrosiris posted:

No, in fact, you do not have to hand it to the person with the mental asylum and cannibalism dungeon in their ascian RP housing ward

who's to say what lahabrea was or wasn't into on his off time

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They should go all in on the housing system for everything. Want to play a catgirl? Sorry all the catgirl race slots were spoken for years ago, you'll have to hope one unsubs for long enough to get repo'd. Yorha leg armor? Good luck, it's too popular, you should have played when it was new like Barry who got it for each of his twelve alts. Maybe you can get a nice coliseum subligar instead if you camp the market board for 36 hours straight, or enter the new lottery.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bagrada posted:

They should go all in on the housing system for everything. Want to play a catgirl? Sorry all the catgirl race slots were spoken for years ago, you'll have to hope one unsubs for long enough to get repo'd. Yorha leg armor? Good luck, it's too popular, you should have played when it was new like Barry who got it for each of his twelve alts. Maybe you can get a nice coliseum subligar instead if you camp the market board for 36 hours straight, or enter the new lottery.

Thats too much real life

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If a housing shortage is an issue then they should get rid of multi home owning. Even if it doesn't fix the whole problem it would alleviate some of the problem while they world on adding more wards and other fixes. No reason not to if doing so would benefit many more players than it would hurt and the ones that are hurt kind of intentionally gummed up the works and made the system worse at large so no real love lost there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/ffxivtoilets/status/1517734832142712833?s=21&t=fH-YGtUIETeydW0DJD9YDg

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I hear you guys like to hear sprouts experience this game. I got into it about 3 months ago, nearly 4 now, and have been taking my sweet time soaking in all content. Get to a cap, do every blue check mark, repeat. I feel genuinely embarrassed that I was enduring BFA and Shadowlands 3 years ago when I could've been deep into this game instead. I cleared 4.0 at the start of April and have been taking it easy, enjoying the new PVP a lot and just hitting those blues again, yet to start 4.x.

So my gut check moments in a big SPOILERS stream of consciousness from start of game to 4.x: The end of ARR and knowing the game had me in its clutches forever, uhh pretty much 100% of Heavensward what a good expac, my eyes getting kinda moist at the end of Sam 50-60 class quest especially since I was laughing and enjoying most of it but then MASTER NOOOOOOOO, had a chuckle that Stormblood kinda teased you going to Ala Mhigo and then went to where we really wanted to go but the trip back was actually pretty good, pouring one out for my man Gosetsu at the end of Doma Castle and then cleaning the puddle up after beating Shinryuu, the Xaela are the cool kids club and I'm glad I rolled one and the wait until the Steppes was worth it, unironically liking Zenos and especially liking Fordola, and GOD drat I love the Empire aesthetic and personalities, this is peak FF fanboy stuff. Nero's the best character, Omega chain rules, Nero and Cid's excellent adventure rules, Gaeus was pretty respectable, etc. Hildibrand is the best quest lines in any MMO ever made.

Everybody says "get to Shadowbringer it's fantastic" and I believe them but I'm loving the hell out all the content and will get there in due time. Oh also the least spoiled spoilers of all: I wish I could've won the first housing lotto, I can afford a small but lol I can't think about it too much or I'll get sad, if it happens it happens like playing a lotto ticket once a week.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

There's a crystaline conflict tournament currently being streamed on twitch, the spectator mode is surprisingly good.
https://www.twitch.tv/plusone?sr=a

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Doomykins posted:

I hear you guys like to hear sprouts experience this game. I got into it about 3 months ago, nearly 4 now, and have been taking my sweet time soaking in all content. Get to a cap, do every blue check mark, repeat. I feel genuinely embarrassed that I was enduring BFA and Shadowlands 3 years ago when I could've been deep into this game instead. I cleared 4.0 at the start of April and have been taking it easy, enjoying the new PVP a lot and just hitting those blues again, yet to start 4.x.

So my gut check moments in a big SPOILERS stream of consciousness from start of game to 4.x: The end of ARR and knowing the game had me in its clutches forever, uhh pretty much 100% of Heavensward what a good expac, my eyes getting kinda moist at the end of Sam 50-60 class quest especially since I was laughing and enjoying most of it but then MASTER NOOOOOOOO, had a chuckle that Stormblood kinda teased you going to Ala Mhigo and then went to where we really wanted to go but the trip back was actually pretty good, pouring one out for my man Gosetsu at the end of Doma Castle and then cleaning the puddle up after beating Shinryuu, the Xaela are the cool kids club and I'm glad I rolled one and the wait until the Steppes was worth it, unironically liking Zenos and especially liking Fordola, and GOD drat I love the Empire aesthetic and personalities, this is peak FF fanboy stuff. Nero's the best character, Omega chain rules, Nero and Cid's excellent adventure rules, Gaeus was pretty respectable, etc. Hildibrand is the best quest lines in any MMO ever made.

Everybody says "get to Shadowbringer it's fantastic" and I believe them but I'm loving the hell out all the content and will get there in due time. Oh also the least spoiled spoilers of all: I wish I could've won the first housing lotto, I can afford a small but lol I can't think about it too much or I'll get sad, if it happens it happens like playing a lotto ticket once a week.

Hell yeah continue your thoughts if you want, always fun

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Chillgamesh posted:

Winstreaked on RDM from Diamond 4 to Diamond 1-3, three more games got me Crystal

Not gonna lie, I got carried by an absolutely fearless Samurai who simply dove in and got everyone to pile up for my Resolution and Frazzle for like three games straight though

My W/L ratio was just under 55% but I'm calculating that by adding my casual wins into my ranked wins and dividing by my total number of games (which I used the "participate in x crystalline conflict matches" achievement to track)

I can't figure out how many matches I've done, since I don't remember how many Feasts I bashed my nuts into getting the Garo mounts last time. I'm at Series Level 26 and STILL BRONZE so I assume my win rate is pretty abysmal. I could have sworn I've gotten to Bronze 1x2 but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge that, so it looks like Bronze 1x1 is as far as I'll ever get because as soon as I get there, I get onto a nice losing streak back to Bronze 3.

I will see if I can get to Series Level 30 before I hit silver. Maybe I'll even get the last 50-some-odd wins for the Gloria mount before then, too.

Silver isn't even that good. I just want to get there to give a big gently caress you to the universe.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Got the last 2 garo mounts today, just had some incredibly bad luck for like 2 hours in frontline.

Cool event! I've gotta get a few more classes leveled more so I can finish off all the titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anybody know if there's an orchestrion roll for that shady sounding song that plays when you turn into a frog? I've been in the mood to redecorate my house and i want it for my Namazu bar.