Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mega man 8 (psx)

liked this a lot more than I expected going into it. aside from the cheesy voice acting I don't get why it has such a bad rap, it's a really fun mega man game. it's easier than most of the other original series games but that's not a detriment, it was a nice treat after 7. it's peak 32-bit mid 90s 2d platformer (with epic battleborn heroes!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[20] Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (GCN) 4/23/22
Review:
Much, much better than Two Towers.

10/10

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I miss movie tie-in games. Most were poo poo but every now and then one of them would go hard

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light: Base campaign + Hellraid DLC
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX - Rush mode, no skulls active
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X story mode
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3

Last level two levels were a bloodbath, and then the final cutscene froze. Really killed the mood

Vadun fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 25, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[21] Luigi's Mansion (GCN) 4/25/22
Review:
Really great game. Music is top notch, graphics still look great even 20 years later. Nintendo really was firing on all cylinders in the Gamecube era and its been fun revisiting these games. I need to finish Dark Moon and 3 now. Honestly the only things wrong with this game is how obnoxious catching the last few boos is (they dart between rooms every second) and I wish the formula was switched up a bit rather than find key, open door, fight ghost, fight boo, repeat. That being said this game is one of the highlights from this era and I recommend you play it if you haven't

8/10

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tmfc posted:

mega man 8 (psx)

liked this a lot more than I expected going into it. aside from the cheesy voice acting I don't get why it has such a bad rap, it's a really fun mega man game. it's easier than most of the other original series games but that's not a detriment, it was a nice treat after 7. it's peak 32-bit mid 90s 2d platformer (with epic battleborn heroes!)

i remember hating the wily stages and never beating it but i don't remember why.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

the wily stages took the gimmicks and dialed up the difficulty a bunch. lots of bs split-second jumps and slides in the snowboard section and a lot more enemies onscreen in the shmup section. I struggled more with those than I did with the bosses tbh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah, i guess mega man 9 and 10 were mostly gimmicky too, like they're basically just people designing hard stages with the NES aesthetic, but something about that was more appealing than 8 to me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3

And with that, that's all the From Software games in this style. I definitely prefer this one to DS2 gameplay wise.

Ranking overall imo

Demon's Souls > Sekiro > Elden Ring > Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

Roth fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 25, 2022

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, i guess mega man 9 and 10 were mostly gimmicky too, like they're basically just people designing hard stages with the NES aesthetic, but something about that was more appealing than 8 to me.

i really wanna play 9 and 10 but dont want to pay for the legacy collection and dont care enpough to pirate them. bye

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light 1
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3
17) Hades

Got my first clears with the Shield and Gauntlets today. Really had to lean on lucky boons for one of the runs, but the other felt like a satisfying win.
Not my favorite roguelike for sure, but glad to finally beat it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kirby and the Forgotten Lands - 100% Clear

Kirby

copy
Jul 26, 2007

gently caress yeah

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
14. Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 4 (Platinum Trophy, All Manuscripts)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

13) Hitman III (Max Mastery and Silent Assassin, Suit Only on all H3 destinations)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Intergalactic Xenology 2 (5 maps for Doom II, UV Pistol start). Pretty decent pack of levels using the Ancient Aliens texture pack. Mechanics wise kinda meh, the difficulty was a bit uneven. But the aesthetics are spot on, some really great use of the AA textures even if it hews too close to the inspiration fairly often. 3.5/5

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mamkute posted:

13+ Horizon Forbidden West (Platinum Trophy)

Mamkute posted:

14. Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 4 (Platinum Trophy, All Manuscripts)

Nature is healing

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yakuza 4 remastered

still yakuza, still good. Absolute shitload left to do as I basically blitzed the main story so I could freely swap around for the side stuff

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just got the 100% achievement in "Lingo" which is kinda like, a word-based Witness-like. According to the achievement statistics, I am only the second person to do this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hyrule warriors: age of calamity. its fine i guess, but i'd rather be playing regular hyrule warriors or breath of the wild. the campaign map was a neat idea but it ended up being fuckin exhausting. thought about getting 100% but i think i'm done. 7.5/10 probably.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also like, the mechanical designs probably better (flurry rush was a very good addition to the game at the very least) but man i liked the overall weapon nd character designs in the original hyrule warriors way better, you could tell they were having way more fun with it. theres nothing in here as completely insane as great fairy link lol. i get that they were tryin to stick to breath of the wild's aesthetic but warriors games are more fun when they go gonzo imo. also adventure maps 100% kick rear end and not having them here sucks

e: oh yeah nd the divine beast levels sucked absolute balls beginning to end. what were they thinking!!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I just got the 100% achievement in "Lingo" which is kinda like, a word-based Witness-like. According to the achievement statistics, I am only the second person to do this.

lol cool

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15. SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Re-hydrated (94 Golden Spatulas)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - completed Pokedex. Fantastic game, would probably be my GOTY in a year that didn't have Elden Ring, and it might still get my Impy at year end just for being the Pokemon game I've wanted since I was a kid obsessed with playing Blue Version all day. The big open world full of Pokemon with their own unique behaviors and animations was fun to explore, especially when combined with the different navigation tools that let you climb any surface, glide through the air, etc like BOTW (although you have to unlock them one-by-one through the story instead of just having them all from the beginning like BOTW). Filling out the Pokedex being something you do gradually by interacting with the monsters out in the field or battling with them instead of just catching them once like the mainline games was fun and encouraged using Pokemon you normally wouldn't in your team or taking a different approach on the map. I hope they continue this as a sub-series in the future.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 17, 2022

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Roth posted:

Nature is healing

Mamkute posted:

15. SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Re-hydrated (94 Golden Spatulas)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Mamkute posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - completed Pokedex. Fantastic game, would probably be my GOTY in a year that didn't have Elden Ring, and it might still get my Impy at year end just for being the Pokemon game I've wanted since I was a kid obsessed with play Blue Version all day. The big open world full of Pokemon with their own unique behaviors and animations was fun to explore, especially when combined with the different navigation tools that let you climb any surface, glide through the air, etc like BOTW (although you have to unlock them one-by-one through the story instead of just having them all from the beginning like BOTW). Filling out the Pokedex being something you do gradually by interacting with the monsters out in the field or battling with them instead of just catching them once like the mainline games was fun and encouraged using Pokemon you normally wouldn't in your team or taking a different approach on the map. I hope they continue this as a sub-series in the future.

I feel the exact same way, and I hope it isn't a sub series, but the main series, since recent pokemon outside of this has been pure strain AIDS

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I've been stuck on 97 golden spatulas for a while. The socks are really hard to find tbh

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

ok but I'm not made of sixty dollar bills so I have to wait until the next steam sale
I said I'd do it, so

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I said I'd do it, so

I still need to play SaGa frontier, it’s too drat hard though

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Fungah playing a SaGa game:

Me playing a SaGa game:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

Me playing a SaGa game:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Me playing a SaGa game:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

me and herculon seeing gen spark tumble:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Me playing a SaGa game:

lol but I'm the smart one as well in this case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I really like SaGa Frontier but I've only cleared one person's story so far. I keep playing other games instead.