Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Leon from Otome Mob has clearly been taking lessons in misanthropy from Kazuma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

After Adachi and Shimamura got an okay adaptation and Otherside Panic got a less than good one it's so nice to see Executioner get a good one and have some nice directing and stylish choices

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The show about the deadbeat musician moving back home to his family's sweets shop is really good. No idea the name.

It's this!

quote:

Deaimon
Encourage Films | Fumitoshi Oizaki | Reiko Yoshida | Gourmet, Slice of Life | Manga | Apr 6, 2022
Nagomu Irino returns to his Kyoto home for the first time in ten years when his father is hospitalized. Nagomu is eager to take over Ryokushou, the family's Japanese sweet shop, but he's instead asked to be a father figure to Itsuka Yukihira, the girl everyone calls the successor

The description is funny after watching it.

kater fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 23, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/myanimelist/status/1517339097450307587
PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBBr1xHECs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

First episode of Cuckoos was good. Good ED too, but Shikimori still has the meme ED of the season.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

Shikimori still has the meme ED of the season.

A bold claim in the season that has Starship Troopers: The Ending Theme

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I assume meme ED means good so I'm throwing Spy X Family's out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKJBpFFsuI

Also Birdie Wing ftw, it's so sincere and insane I love it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Was worried Love After World Domination couldn't keep its momentum going given its rather thin premise, but the two leads are so cute together it doesn't really matter.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Every slow mo gag got a laugh out of me

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Shikimori is one where I keep thinking "surely I'm going to get tired of this fluffy romance," but each week so far I find myself enchanted again and again.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Love After World Domination feels different after the guy got called out as a high school student. I was assuming he was in his twenties what with how he... doesn't actually seem to go to high school and apparently has a full-time job as a superhero? It kind of puts a different set of expectations on his ability to relationship.

Also had to cross my eyes a bit at his co-worker going "What, this guy, in a relationship? Have you not seen these muscles? How could a guy with such a spectacular body possibly have a girlfriend?"

I guess it's just one of those things where Cultural Differences change how the joke lands.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime has convinced me that Japanese high school lasts a decade or so and you immediately get assigned to a job and become middle aged after graduation.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Love After World Domination feels different after the guy got called out as a high school student. I was assuming he was in his twenties what with how he... doesn't actually seem to go to high school and apparently has a full-time job as a superhero? It kind of puts a different set of expectations on his ability to relationship.

Also had to cross my eyes a bit at his co-worker going "What, this guy, in a relationship? Have you not seen these muscles? How could a guy with such a spectacular body possibly have a girlfriend?"

I guess it's just one of those things where Cultural Differences change how the joke lands.

In Japan muscles are often associated with homosexuality, although they were probably trying to go the “he is a gym otaku” direction.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Sports anime? Adapt 17776 cowards!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speaking of Love after world domination....

New thread :toot:

quote:

Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de (Love After World Domination)
Project No.9 | Kazuya Iwata | Satoshi Sugisawa | Comedy, Romance | Manga | Apr 8, 2022
In the eyes of the public, Fudou Aikawa and Desumi Magahara are sworn enemies who have nothing in common. Fudou, also known as "Red Gelato," is the leader of the hero squadron "Gelato 5," whose mission is to bring about world peace. On the other hand, Desumi is the minion leader of "Gecko," a villainous organization seeking world domination. However, despite these differences, their relationship is not quite what it seems. When they are not making a show of being at each other's throats, Desumi and Fudou continue to pursue a forbidden love. Going on dates, baking sweets for one another, and meeting up as often as they can despite their hectic schedules, the two inexperienced lovebirds pave the way for their own unique relationship. Though their public lives are worlds apart, Fudou and Desumi will stop at nothing to make their seemingly impossible romance work.
PV
Thread

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I Am Fowl posted:

Shikimori is one where I keep thinking "surely I'm going to get tired of this fluffy romance," but each week so far I find myself enchanted again and again.

:same:

Definitely the second best strong pink lady x supernaturally unlucky moeblob romance of the season.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I saw the ED for Shikimori and it was cute.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Sports anime? Adapt 17776 cowards!

Only if Jon gets to voice someone. Don't care who

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Just a heads up that one of the best anime from last year is gonna get a fathom events screening later this week! If it is playing near you then you are legally required to see it. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

https://twitter.com/fathomevents/status/1514702592244387847

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/miabyss_anime/status/1518517933374582785

There'll be a Made in Abyss livestream on the 5th with the producer, director, and two leads with info on the second season

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i bring threads

Deaimon

new take on old concept, a general thread for this season's sports offerings

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Srice posted:

Just a heads up that one of the best anime from last year is gonna get a fathom events screening later this week! If it is playing near you then you are legally required to see it. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

https://twitter.com/fathomevents/status/1514702592244387847

it's hosed up that they're airing it in the middle of a workweek late at night! Gah

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if your movie isn't based on a shonen jump property or made by a "miyazaki" then those are your breaks

pompo is gonna have to forgive me for streaming it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i loved pompo but instead of a rewatch my theater money is reserved for Ryoma! The Prince of Tennis in theaters May 12 and 14

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

it's hosed up that they're airing it in the middle of a workweek late at night! Gah

The curse of fathom events, they get so much good poo poo but screen it at inconvenient times!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Did anyone else think the gray haired guy in Shikimori was the guy's grandpa instead of his dad until they explicitly told us that

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

if your movie isn't based on a shonen jump property or made by a "miyazaki" then those are your breaks

pompo is gonna have to forgive me for streaming it

weathering with you i remember seeing at a reasonable time in theatres on a weekend. "shinkai" may count as a miyazaki though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah he has explicitly been called a next miyazaki. that western press has done that to him, hosoda etc are why i airquote miyazaki

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Did anyone else think the gray haired guy in Shikimori was the guy's grandpa instead of his dad until they explicitly told us that

Absolutely. He seems like he must be an older father.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Srice posted:

The curse of fathom events, they get so much good poo poo but screen it at inconvenient times!

I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the tickets. It's gonna be a fun night, but the morning is gonna suck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have work, so I couldn't go anyway.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sad Pakkun is sad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the tickets. It's gonna be a fun night, but the morning is gonna suck

Yeah same, I gotta get up early too so I am definitely prepared to get some coffee tomorrow morning before work. Gonna be worth it to catch it on the big screen though!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sad Pakkun is sad

Oh yeah thanks for the reminder.

So dogsicle made a sports anime thread for the various sports anime airing this season, including

• BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls' Story-
  • Ao Ashi
  • Fanfare of Adolescence
  • Dance Dance Danseur
  • Love All Play

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000510

Updating the OP so these shows link to that thread.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ApTw19ZTQg

I can't believe it. The thigh tights ecchi manga got adapted.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's astonishing. everyone knows that horny doesn't sell.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for sharing grouchio, I hope the next 5 posts are people talking about how crazy it is that you told everyone about a horny anime

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grouchio posted:

i see a coffin but where's chaika

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Grouchio posted:

I don't see any thigh tights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't see any thigh tights.

I guess the daikon is wearing them, if you want to go for a loose definition of 'thigh'.