Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Men enforce a code of behaviour on each other, when working together. Do your work. Pull your weight. Stay awake and pay attention. Don’t whine or be touchy. Stand up for your friends. Don’t suck up and don’t snitch. Don’t be a slave to stupid rules. Don’t, in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, be a girlie man. Don’t be dependent. At all. Ever. Period. 

Rule for life #19: don't, in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, be a girlie man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I find it hard to believe that jorp could ever be seen as credible by even a single blue-collar laborer. That story could only have happened if he was the prissy guy that everybody hated.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
yeah I wish he would get therapy too

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Don’t, in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, be a girlie man. Don’t be dependent. At all. Ever. Period.

The Literal Actual Words of Arnold posted:

“Now, on your diplomas, there will be only one name on it and this is yours. But I hope that that doesn’t confuse and that you think that you maybe made it this far by yourself. No you didn’t. It took a lot of help. None of us can make it alone. None of us. Not even the guy that is talking to you right now that was the greatest bodybuilder of all time. Not even me that has been the Terminator and went back in time to save the human race. Not even me that fought and killed predators with his bare hands.

“I always tell people that you can call me anything that you want. You can call me Arnold. You can call me Schwarzenegger. You can call me the Austrian Oak. You can call me Schwarzie. You can call me Arnie. But don’t ever ever call me a self-made man.

“This is so important for you to understand. I didn’t make it that far on my own. I mean, to accept that credit or that mantle would discount every single person that has helped me to get here today — that gave me advice, that made an effort, that gave me time, that lifted me when I fell. It gives the wrong impression that we can do it alone. None of us can. The whole concept of self-made man, or woman, is a myth.”

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

DickParasite posted:

(Schwarzenegger)

A man for whom English is a second language is way better at being precise in his speech than Jorp lmao.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

mojo1701a posted:

A man for whom English is a second language is way better at being precise in his speech than Jorp lmao.

It's easy to be imprecise in your native language because you can just ramble off the top of your head. Additional languages generally require some amount of thinking about what you're going to say.

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Jorp, clearly the master of his own medical needs, calmly refusing all aid while deep within his needful coma.

Jorp, not dependent on any benzos what so ever.

I really don't like this guy!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Schwarzenegger didn't even come up with that phrase IIRC. It was Hans and Franz from SNL.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He has in the past. One of his lesser-known stories is about his time working on a rail crew and how important workplace bullying and physical abuse is to maintain the proper social order

Even just recounting a story he can't help but be so dull and wordy. It feels like I'm reading a middle school essay.

Sidenote: one time I was working and someone plinked a pebble off my hard hat and I threatened to stab him with the file I was holding. It had been a really tough and stressful day. Obviously I didn't stab him but after yelling mean words at him from then on I cut all his pipe 1-2mm too long. If he's got time to dick around throwing pebbles while I'm running my bag off welp have fun with an extra 2 hours of grinding a day

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

I AM GRANDO posted:

I find it hard to believe that jorp could ever be seen as credible by even a single blue-collar laborer. That story could only have happened if he was the prissy guy that everybody hated.

I was gonna say, it's pretty obvious he was Lunchbucket himself in the real version of events. He points to the lunchbag as the "nonpretentious" option to choose, as if that's EVER been a deciding factor in his life

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He has in the past. One of his lesser-known stories is about his time working on a rail crew and how important workplace bullying and physical abuse is to maintain the proper social order

This sounds fake as hell and we all know Jorp has no problems lying.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The Fattest PI posted:

Even just recounting a story he can't help but be so dull and wordy. It feels like I'm reading a middle school essay.

Sidenote: one time I was working and someone plinked a pebble off my hard hat and I threatened to stab him with the file I was holding. It had been a really tough and stressful day. Obviously I didn't stab him but after yelling mean words at him from then on I cut all his pipe 1-2mm too long. If he's got time to dick around throwing pebbles while I'm running my bag off welp have fun with an extra 2 hours of grinding a day

Petty, but just.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Tammy, the rail crew made fun of the lunch you packed for me!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I love Arnold.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I cannot imagine that weedy-limbed turbo nerd picking up a three-hole punch much less any kind of real tool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's my Governator.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Doctor Spaceman posted:

God, I forgot about this. So he worked on rail construction for a bit with a team of lovely people, was incredibly relieved when they moved on from mocking him to throwing rocks at the new guy, and then decided "this is universal, whenever men work together anywhere they will behave like this, forever, and if that ever changes then the chaos dragons have won"

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Are we sure one of his hazers didn't spike his drink with LSD or something as well?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Really generous of people here to start from the assumption that he's being honest. Until I see tax records and three eye witnesses testifying he was there I'm just assuming he never worked a day in his life in a job like that and he's just spouting bullshit from the word 'go'.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bird food bathtub posted:

Really generous of people here to start from the assumption that he's being honest. Until I see tax records and three eye witnesses testifying he was there I'm just assuming he never worked a day in his life in a job like that and he's just spouting bullshit from the word 'go'.

The fact that he told the story he did in the way he did is pretty revealing, regardless of the underlying facts.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Meh, it's probably true. He probably did look like Howdy Doody, in all probability he probably wore the same clothes. The lunchbox guy was probably whiner and he got lightly ribbed. As usual JP is attributing too much meaning to it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Really the only part of the tale that's hard to believe is him doing manual labor, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Particularly since both truth and untruth both make him look like a loser.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm just weirded out that his description of Lunchbucket is an exact description of Jorp himself, except instead of getting bullied out of work he whinged so loud that he hit the resonant frequency of a fascist undercurrent and became a cult leader.

Because he'd never describe himself as humorless turd who thinks everyone but himself is at fault because, well, those things mostly. He's not doing it on purpose.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

zaepg posted:

Why do we hate Jordan Peterson?

I appreciate Jordan Peterson simply as a motivational speaker. I'm a general fan of motivational books. So I like that part of him, and I just skim through what doesn't interest me.

I'm a pretty big fan of Joe Rogan memes, but I haven't seen any Jordan Peterson ones.

lol

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
What's up with Jorp idolizing bullies? This and the Nelson thing. It's hard to imagine that he would have been the bully as a kid. Is it some deeply ingrained need to ingratiate himself to them and try to be one of the cool kids?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bullies hold physical power over people and jorp is only capable of thinking in hierarchies. he's a tread on me snake.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I do think it's funny that people IRL call him Kermit and it really bothers him lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fascists love bullies. strong daddy types.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

fascists love bullies. strong daddy types.

and yet he whines incessantly when lefties bully him for some reason :thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Elukka posted:

What's up with Jorp idolizing bullies? This and the Nelson thing. It's hard to imagine that he would have been the bully as a kid. Is it some deeply ingrained need to ingratiate himself to them and try to be one of the cool kids?

Nelson?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

yes, nelson from the simpsons. jorp said he's a "corrective force" to to keep all the milhouses and martins and such in line

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

In the 12 rules, he writes about wanting to be the bully character Nelson from The Simpsons so that he can seduce Lisa Simpson.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i totally believe this but i need a screenshot or something so i can laugh at it with my friends please

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I lol at the guy who trained an AI Speech program on Jerp and then took it down because the internet was using it wrong.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mr Interweb posted:

and yet he whines incessantly when lefties bully him for some reason :thunk:

He loves every second of it that’s why he constantly and very publicly embarrasses himself.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I lol at the guy who trained an AI Speech program on Jerp and then took it down because the internet was using it wrong.

https://fakeyou.com/tts/result/TR:q3cn9vb94hqayzn75r8srfr5zdvgn

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

oh btw jorp was supposed to appear on bill maher's show last friday but bailed at the last minute :lol:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I was shown this site a few weeks ago and am shocked there hasn't been a GBS thread about it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Elukka posted:

Humans tend to respond to abuse in one of two ways: Either, "Wow, this sucks, I want to make sure nobody else suffers like this," or "Wow, this sucks, but I guess it's the way the world works. Better focus on becoming the one doing the abuse so I don't have to suffer again." It's why the chain of abuse exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

yes, nelson from the simpsons. jorp said he's a "corrective force" to to keep all the milhouses and martins and such in line

Looool