Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doomykins posted:

Everybody says "get to Shadowbringer it's fantastic" and I believe them but I'm loving the hell out all the content and will get there in due time. Oh also the least spoiled spoilers of all: I wish I could've won the first housing lotto, I can afford a small but lol I can't think about it too much or I'll get sad, if it happens it happens like playing a lotto ticket once a week.

Definitely take your time to enjoy the content. Shadowbringers isn't going anywhere and stuff like the 8-man and 24-man raids and the extra trials are a ton of fun with some real good music and unique mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Mainwaring posted:

There's a crystaline conflict tournament currently being streamed on twitch, the spectator mode is surprisingly good.
https://www.twitch.tv/plusone?sr=a

Thanks for linking this, I think I am actually worse at following what's happening than when I'm playing but it's interesting to watch games from a spectator view

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/u9i87y/i_asked_gms_about_lewd_adventure_plates_and_they/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Jackoff Hyur and blowjob cats time is nigh.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Zenos butt nerf incoming

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

how the hell you people hitting high in CC already? I've had like 30 ranked CC matches and I still only have 3 wins

e: complaining on the internet works as always, finally Bronze 1 lol

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 24, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Barreft posted:

how the hell you people hitting high in CC already? I've had like 30 ranked CC matches and I still only have 3 wins

e: complaining on the internet works as always, finally Bronze 1 lol

I lost a few in a row when I started out and then just hit competent team members (and a little luck) a bunch of times

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sometimes I lose streak, sometimes I win streak. I'm gold 3 and will probably live in this tier for a while.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I really appreciate tanks that detonate the mines in Smileton's final boss. They don't have to do it, but it's a nice gesture regardless. :unsmith:

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Bruceski posted:

Is there a good site that does boss writeups in text with diagrams/short videos as needed? https://www.akhmorning.com/raids/p2s for example fits perfectly with how I process information but they haven't done P3S and P4S. All I can find are either full textwall descriptions or videos.

If you're on aether I recommend https://www.thepfstrat.com because that boils down what our PFer situation. If you're on a different datacenter (And likely) I highly recommend just looking at what the party finder description is and googling it.

Also joonbob makes really fantastic mechanic videos and I recommend giving him a search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebIW87iAQY

But as others have said you're gonna be in a flood of information and trying to find consistent data is a mess. thankfully P3S/P4S is just a matter of figuring out if people do MYTA (Ranged take 3 outer tornados, tanks take 2 inner + TBs, melee 1) or ELMO (Tanks take 2 outer and 2 inner tornados + TBs. Ranged and melee each take one) and P4S is just looking up the pastebin because there's not really a lot of different ways to do things and NA doesn't do assigned spots we just put down waymarkers and run to the spot we like or get hosed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vitamean posted:

I mean, they have been grandfathered, they were grandfathered years ago, and the devs seem disinterested in figuring out how to get these people to give them up beyond "maybe one day their subs will lapse".

like, come on. it is kinda funny that someone was able to scoop up an entire ward on mateus uncontested, even if they are a lovely person.

I just want to point out that the Mateus person named their entire one-person FC after the Ascians before Shadowbringers came along and made them sympathetic sad people.

That's small beans compared to what they did, but it's extra evidence of assholery.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I mean., yeah. This was never going to fly.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Cleretic posted:

I just want to point out that the Mateus person named their entire one-person FC after the Ascians before Shadowbringers came along and made them sympathetic sad people.

That's small beans compared to what they did, but it's extra evidence of assholery.

There's someone on gilgamesh who owns an entire ward+ and afks in limsa all day advertising housing mats and stuff. The worst thing they've done is vandalize the name of the best scion black mage there is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I mean., yeah. This was never going to fly.

Obviously, but you'd be surprised how much of the community convinced themselves it was kosher.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Obviously, but you'd be surprised how much of the community convinced themselves it was kosher.

liberals in general

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Noted crime of liberals... making lewd catgirl images?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If liberalism is the ideology of sexy catgirls then I'm a liberal now

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Barreft posted:

liberals in general

very strange post!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Where do the bunbois fall back on the scale of all this

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Axel Serenity posted:

Where do the bunbois fall back on the scale of all this

They're late to the landgrab so they're radicalized and homeless.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Noted crime of liberals... making lewd catgirl images?

No, convincing themselves the status quo is fine and good.

I didn't even see it was about catgirls lol, missed that and thought we were talking in general

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

by that logic hrothgars are anarchist

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Au Ra are libertarians

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If liberalism is the ideology of sexy catgirls then I'm a liberal now

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

A Moose posted:

Au Ra are libertarians

gently caress you, got my (hair and hat).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Barreft posted:

No, convincing themselves the status quo is fine and good.

I didn't even see it was about catgirls lol, missed that and thought we were talking in general

Vitamean posted:

very strange post!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I will make an argument that ulting the entire damaged enemy team as a WHM right before the wind picks up is perhaps the best feeling in the entire game.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Watching someone get caught by a gust and then hitting a dragoon ult and landing on them right as they crater has to be a close second

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I silenced them three seconds before wind kicked up.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

PVP Gunbreaker is comically worthless dogshit.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

started doing eureka and "killing of a sacred bombardier" is a great FATE name

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

Endgame stuff is kind of a big fuckin mess right now. The guides on The Balance might help (P3S linked here https://www.thebalanceffxiv.com/encounters/savage/pandaemonium/p3s/) but both sites are kinda just aping what salted used to do.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. Joonbob videos are great if you know what's going on in the fight and need a plan on how to react, but they assume you already know that bit and are full of flashy animations that distract from actually reading any text. I can handle mechanics much better when I know what's going on instead of just where to stand, and the matchup of boring non-dynamic text to study that part and then an image/animation to show it in action works a LOT better for me than putting them side by side with a rock soundtrack overlay.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Is there a good site that does boss writeups in text with diagrams/short videos as needed? https://www.akhmorning.com/raids/p2s for example fits perfectly with how I process information but they haven't done P3S and P4S. All I can find are either full textwall descriptions or videos.

ffxiv toolbox guides for individual mechanics are probably good. Often fuller guides link to them but if you want to see them in a somewhat disorganised way you can go to https://ff14.toolboxgaming.space/browse/ and search for the fight you care about

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's some cheating stuff out there for PvP, which isn't too surprising, sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGb3WA-pl-s

Most of this was apparently out there for the Feast, but the growth from CC and 6.1 changes to abilities just made it more useful.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
In regards to "why don't they just make the housing hoggers pick one house to keep and ditch the rest" a member of my FC claims that due to the way Japanese laws regarding gatcha in games are, they can't or someone will sue them. Something about how the laws are worded, the way houses are obtained, and a side note on how housing is so important to the JP player base that the level of backlash towards doing anything too heavy-handed is something they just don't want? I take it all with a grain of salt, but I'm just tossing that out there.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FeatherFloat posted:

In regards to "why don't they just make the housing hoggers pick one house to keep and ditch the rest" a member of my FC claims that due to the way Japanese laws regarding gatcha in games are, they can't or someone will sue them. Something about how the laws are worded, the way houses are obtained, and a side note on how housing is so important to the JP player base that the level of backlash towards doing anything too heavy-handed is something they just don't want? I take it all with a grain of salt, but I'm just tossing that out there.

The impression I've got from looking at this stuff is that everyone ascribes mystical powers to Japanese gacha laws but the only actual Japanese gacha law is you can't have gachas with stuff you can only get by combining multiple gacha rewards

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Onean posted:

There's some cheating stuff out there for PvP, which isn't too surprising, sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGb3WA-pl-s

Most of this was apparently out there for the Feast, but the growth from CC and 6.1 changes to abilities just made it more useful.

I'm going to blame cheaters as to why I can top DMG and time spent on the crystal but still lose matches and why I can't climb out of bronze now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Zeruel posted:

I'm going to blame cheaters as to why I can top DMG and time spent on the crystal but still lose matches and why I can't climb out of bronze now.

:same:

I was prepared to just accept my failings as a Bad Video Game Player, but now I have a more reasonable excuse for caring too much about my PvP ranking as a grown-rear end man.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FeatherFloat posted:

Euro gambling laws cover lootboxes and similar arrangements, but how robust or appropriate to the housing lotteries they are idk.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

sassassin posted:

Euro gambling laws cover lootboxes and similar arrangements, but how robust or appropriate to the housing lotteries they are idk.

The fact that they're not being bid on using IRL money and have plainly viewable odds via the signposts means they probably fall outside the purview of any real gambling laws. It's probably not any different than, like, gambling with Twitch channel points as far as the law is concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah Gil is 100% funny money that you can’t obtain with real money (legally, through channels SE provides) which means gambling laws don’t apply.