Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
reading is for chumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jsdf continues to have the best morale paintjobs

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I will say, in the weird instance that a JSDF anti tank helicopter squad shows up in my life I hope it's this one.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
morale birds are pretty much always spares that only get used for air shows and to look pretty on the flight line, which is why the air force decided it was a waste and got rid of it. plus it costs like literally ten million dollars to paint a jet with stealth paint so they're not gonna order an extra just to be a hanger queen.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Larry Parrish posted:

morale birds are pretty much always spares that only get used for air shows and to look pretty on the flight line, which is why the air force decided it was a waste and got rid of it. plus it costs like literally ten million dollars to paint a jet with stealth paint so they're not gonna order an extra just to be a hanger queen.

That's sad. I would gladly pay some of our overblown defense budget on morale.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

at least the A-10s will have nose art until they day they are retired.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Plutonis posted:

Which 18 year old is making a SA account this year

hbag

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lol. But also poor hbag

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I Am Fowl posted:

One must be sacrificed, for the good of the harvest.

so which subforum is SA's omelas kid shoved in :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

you have to watch an anim today (Sunday)

I got a dueling piano show to play Gagnam Style. Does that count?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Namtab posted:

you have to watch an anim today (Sunday)

Well it was still Saturday when I started watching Anime. But I watched Assassination Classroom and Lupin part 6 on Toonami just now Does that count?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Mix. posted:

so which subforum is SA's omelas kid shoved in :v:

d&d, probably

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

ugh $273 for all 8 bubblegum crisis vinyls. i know i'm gonna end up doing it, and i do not and will never own a turntable.

i read the first half of this and kept scrolling then got the 2nd half later lol. what in tarnation

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/jokanhiyou/status/1518070803887050752?t=msiyVn0XTX0KsvxT1cbtNQ&s=19

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

One day Namtab will be able to take their weights off again

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

when fluffdaddy makes me the mod

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

One day Namtab will be able to take their weights off again

We won't be ready for it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

weird how like 5 people offered to be the mod but somehow everyone who was asked said no privately. huh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Larry Parrish posted:

weird how like 5 people offered to be the mod but somehow everyone who was asked said no privately. huh.

This does seem odd. Now personally I believe that only people who don't want to mod, but will as a duty if asked, makes the best mods, but those are hard to come by. As a second option I'll settle for somebody who wants to be a mod but who will be fair and not hold grudges or have a problematic personal life that bleeds into the forums.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

This does seem odd. Now personally I believe that only people who don't want to mod, but will as a duty if asked, makes the best mods, but those are hard to come by. As a second option I'll settle for somebody who wants to be a mod but who will be fair and not hold grudges or have a problematic personal life that bleeds into the forums.

personally i don't give a poo poo who the mod is so long as they aren't a freak. which is a high loving bar for the admins apparently

marumaru
May 20, 2013

feeling mighty compelled to be reborn in japan so i can enlist in the jsdf

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

personally i don't give a poo poo who the mod is so long as they aren't a freak. which is a high loving bar for the admins apparently

Larry you know where I stand on the freak spectrum

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

Larry you know where I stand on the freak spectrum

i think we both know which kind of freak im worried about

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People can be freaks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

But people have to watch an anime on this day, Anime Sunday, and post it in this thread. or else….

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Can I read manga?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

id hope so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

But people have to watch an anime on this day, Anime Sunday, and post it in this thread. or else….
it's monday

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Homeless Friend posted:

i read the first half of this and kept scrolling then got the 2nd half later lol. what in tarnation
never own a turntable

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

I finished the new Tiger and Bunny today.

The sort of petty interpersonal drama you'd get in a typical cute girl club show is much more amusing when it's coming from large square men who's job is crime punching.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

marumaru posted:

id hope so

I started reading the second volume of slam dunk today

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

Nah.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

i might watch some more of el cazador de la bruja today. but maybe not. we'll see

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

i have been watching Nichijou for the first time and it owns bones

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one day I'll get to that but i have so little patience for watching TV. it looks good. im gonna read Love So Life instead

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to Game instead. Scared? I hope so.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Namtab posted:

We should demand IKs for popular threads. Only then can we weed out the best and brightest.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm sure if we just keep making the same "jokes" about mods, something will happen

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogsicle posted:

i'm sure if we just keep making the same "jokes" about mods, something will happen

my favorite is when they last asked for suggestions and like 4 people said plutonis and they just acted like nobody said anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Img:SkinnerThink
"Perhaps I'm wrong about selecting a mod....?"

"No. No. It's the Weebs that are wrong"