Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That feedback thread is a wild ride. :munch:

I legitimately feel bad for Koos, even if I think he's digging himself into a really deep hole trying to defend a completely untenable modding stance that you have to assume good faith from known bad faith posters using known dogwhistles for bigotry. There's literally no way to actually make that subforum happy though and volunteering to moderate D&D is just volunteering to get chewed up and spit out while making a few dozen posting enemies along the way. Hope Koos passes the torch soon so they can actually spend time on something they enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

That reminds me. I need to go kill her mom

lol

what have i done?? :negative:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

👏not👏all👏snakes👏

lol is that saya's continuing her adventure by going to other FROM games?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

copy posted:

it’s an inspiring story about elizabeth warren getting in touch with her heritage

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Trabisnikof posted:

It’s funny that they’re willing to probe people arguing “Dems bad” for using “stale arguments” but bringing up 1840s race science is something that isn’t stale at all.

teach the controversy !!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Sydin posted:

I legitimately feel bad for Koos, even if I think he's digging himself into a really deep hole trying to defend a completely untenable modding stance that you have to assume good faith from known bad faith posters using known dogwhistles for bigotry. There's literally no way to actually make that subforum happy though and volunteering to moderate D&D is just volunteering to get chewed up and spit out while making a few dozen posting enemies along the way. Hope Koos passes the torch soon so they can actually spend time on something they enjoy.

he's scum and i hope he contracts a severe case of diarrhea that lasts 36 consecutive months

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I read a post in the feedback thread that advocated segregating trans posters with the dogwhistle of "special forum" and closed out, you weren't kidding about that brain poison :keke:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Isn't this exactly what the D&D types wanted for their subforum, what exactly is the issue? Just stop reading that subforum lmao.

it's this on their personal balance scale with moderating positions they don't like. Some pretend, or even earnestly think they want the former, while also wanting the latter, even though the latter means allowing bigotry veiled as the former.

When it comes to explicit bigotry, like the bigotry that was show in the trans athlete thread by certain posters, it's too far. When it comes to veiled transphobia, ableism, racism and etc in misrepresented studies and statistics, "lived experiences" and pro-police rhetoric then that's fine. When it comes to moderating positions by playing to the refs about good or bad faith, looking at everything in the context of understanding talking points or right-wing media, or supporting what is considered the best possible that is also fine.

Sydin posted:

yep. It's not possible.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

I read a post in the feedback thread that advocated segregating trans posters with the dogwhistle of "special forum" and closed out, you weren't kidding about that brain poison :keke:

it’s powerful stuff

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sydin posted:

seems like he assumes post in cspam = bad faith

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

copy posted:

also yes and it’s adorable :kimchi:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArmZ posted:

so he’s a mod

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mods are eating poo poo over the trans athlete thread and deservedly so but I would like them to also eat poo poo for the insanely racist and xenophobic China thread.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS, I beg of you, prohibit D&D from using the excuse of debate as a platform for legitimate arguments of fascism

the only good nazi is a dea

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The only good politician in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYflGjsWPA

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oglethorpe posted:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS, I beg of you, prohibit D&D from using the excuse of debate as a platform for legitimate arguments of fascism

the only good nazi is a dea

wow pro-russia much?? :rolleyes:

now here’s my ten-point listicle on why russians are all subhuman orcs and how they all deserve nothing but torture and death, like comment subscribe and don’t forget to donate for a free gangtag

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ram dass in hell posted:

he's scum and i hope he contracts a severe case of diarrhea that lasts 36 consecutive months

i think you have the right of it

but ill make the free ram dass thread when the inevitable happens

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1518340688932392961

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

It’s funny that they’re willing to probe people arguing “Dems bad” for using “stale arguments” but bringing up 1840s race science is something that isn’t stale at all.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

“anyway psyche guess the retirement age going up is voter-approved now :smuggo:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Trabisnikof posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fly Molo posted:

i think you have the right of it

but ill make the free ram dass thread when the inevitable happens

nah i said my piece and i did so politely enough, i think :angel:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
mods seem to like dictionaries, so if you can calm hitler with a thesaurus, the world is your oyster

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

tbf “Dems bad” is also an argument that dates back to the 1840s

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ram dass in hell posted:

nah i said my piece and i did so politely enough, i think :angel:

inshallah

incredible how far typing polite words with an av in a suit can take u

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dems are bad atrocious

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lastgirl posted:

dems are bad atrocious

the democratic party must be destroyed transformationally reformed

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

tbf “Dems bad” is also an argument that dates back to the 1840s

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
when 2019 campaign trail biden said "let's start a real physical revolution" there are grammar redundancies in real and physical, and I thought he was a worldly scholar that was eminently qualified to handle the rigors and intricacy of a presidential term? embarrassing sir, a stain on your presidency

*waves handkerchief vigorously at him* bully! I say

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Apr 24, 2022

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

it’s an inspiring story about elizabeth warren getting in touch with her heritage

lol.

also:

Fly Molo posted:

also yes and it’s adorable :kimchi:

that owns. saya rules

copy
Jul 26, 2007

rya* god drat sorry

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she’s a ssssweetheart i don’t think she’d hold it against you

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/neilnasty7/status/1517352667139522561

it’s hilarious that trump has the best hand for 2024 and all it took was losing 2020. now the democrats all hate each other because they can’t accomplish anything and Biden is about to take the blame for 2008 part deux

republicans intentionally cheated to get biden the win so they could both hilariously clown trump but also set up a slam dunk fascism victory in 24

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
hillary somehow failed this incredibly simple campaign strategy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fly Molo posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

hillary somehow failed this incredibly simple campaign strategy

Disengage the voters, make them come running to you out of desperation :chord:

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

ArmZ posted:

I actually assume posts in C-SPAM are Good Fun.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:mods:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol u called it ram dass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

ram dass in hell posted:

yes that is the point where i switched from trying to convince koos to just calling him a bigot over and over. i know he hatereads this thread so gently caress you koos, you piece of poo poo. fucker.

I do read this thread, but not out of hate.