Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

smug jeebus posted:

Have we ever had a president that was actually smart and not just good at faking it?

Forseti posted:

Abe Lincoln self taught himself lawyering and hosed people up in the court room apparently

Lincoln's also the only president to have a patent in their name.

Comedy Harrison option goes here.

But the smartest president in US history is probably Nixon. Too bad intelligence is not very well coupled to morals/integrity.

The dems demonstrate that same lack of coupling, but from the opposite side of the intelligence spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/jtlarsen/status...ingawful.com%2F

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

just your average gentlemanly hatemonger

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

What you can take as a given is increased disaffection as things get worse. Right now we have the highest inflation in 30 years, unsustainable housing costs, healthcare costs, etc. Add to that a hyper-exploited group of wage-workers in transportation and distribution sectors due to COVID and the attendant supply chain issues that have arisen from that. If the Democrats are fully discredited in the absence of a credible working class party, it just means the extreme right wing bourgeois party is the only game in town. Unless we're in an immediate literal end-of-the-world scenario, it is never too late to build that alternative to the Democrats or Republicans. Even under the best of conditions it would likely take 20 years at least for that alternative to form, establish its credibility, educate its members, stick to a correct line, and grow nationally. It sucks but it also isn't impossible. Just do what you can to help with that project, with whatever org matches your goals.

It's kind of poetic that this sort of thing is what kicked off all our (recent) problems in the Mideast. We'd be interested in the resources of a middle eastern country. They'd elect a leader who wanted to use those resources to benefit the people. We'd knock over the government and replace it with a corrupt regime. We'd protect that corrupt regime by coopting or destroying any liberal or leftist movements in the country. Eventually the people would get so pissed they'd turn to the only power base they had left which wasn't under control of the West, the religious hardliners. Cue "Death to America."

kazmeyer has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Apr 24, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a completely sincere obituary. it calls him a gentleman and then lists his lifetime achievements in cruelty, spite and greed because the writer thinks those actions are good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

President Joe Biden, who served with Hatch for more than three decades, said he "was, quite simply, an American original."

"He was the fighter who carried with him the memory of his humble upbringing near Pittsburgh, who never humored a bully, or shied from a challenge," Biden said in a statement Sunday.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

President Joe Biden, who served with Hatch for more than three decades, said he "was, quite simply, an American original."

"He was the fighter who carried with him the memory of his humble upbringing near Pittsburgh, who never humored a bully, or shied from a challenge," Biden said in a statement Sunday.

boy that segregationist fella sure can hatemonger :dementia:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Anyone who went to a college where there was a sigma alpha epsilon chapter knows what "gentlemanly" actually means.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

senator or rep from Utah should always be read as “from the church of Mormon”. while the politicians may or may not actually be mormons, they can’t win elections without mormons so they may as well be from a policy standpoint.

anyway, my point is that now that mainstream GOP is synonymous with evangelicals, mormons are going to diverge occasionally and appear “bipartisan”.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Nastier Nate posted:

if you're gonna run a bread and circuses government you gotta make sure you pony up the bread and not just double up on circuses

Let them eat circuses!

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

30.5 Days posted:

Anyone who went to a college where there was a sigma alpha epsilon chapter knows what "gentlemanly" actually means.

We stole their handbook and used to read it out at our chapter meetings (yeah yeah, I was also in a frat. But in our defense we lead the nation's chapters in debt :lol:) and laugh at things like "sipping soup thitherly"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

30.5 Days posted:

There's a reason English contains the expression "drunk as a lord"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

senator or rep from Utah should always be read as “from the church of Mormon”.

as opposed to all of the other senators or representative which should be read as "from the church of Mammon"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mediaphage posted:

idk hunter seems to be living his best life lol

yeah hunter rules, I wish he was president.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

captainbananas posted:

But the smartest president in US history is probably Nixon. Too bad intelligence is not very well coupled to morals/integrity.

So intelligent that he commit crimes to influence an election that he was going to win anyway.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Stereotype posted:

yeah hunter rules, I wish he was president.

i wish he was president instead of joe but idk if i'd say he rules, he's a racist pedophile sex trafficker , man , i dk if u gotta hand it to hunter

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ram dass in hell posted:

i wish he was president instead of joe but idk if i'd say he rules, he's a racist pedophile sex trafficker , man , i dk if u gotta hand it to hunter

I thought he was just a drug/sex addict who successfully cons big corporations into giving him money in exchange for influence which he can’t deliver and never has any intention to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hunter's drug addiction is basically the only good thing about him. in every other respect he is scum like the rest of his family.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh right, and i guess he has a big ol' hog too.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how dare you, hunter biden supports sex workers

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

ram dass in hell posted:

Lets just compromise and have President Dr. Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown. He does cocaine!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
“mister racist sex trafficker is my father, you can call me hunter” *does a line of coke off a Halliburton executives fancy desk*.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hunter is like Nic Cage’s brother in Lord of War.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he'd still be preferable to his father, whose sole positive trait is the suffering he endures as his brain melts

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hunter even went so far as to have extra protection for the asian sex workers

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The John with the heart of gold

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Forseti posted:

Lets just compromise and have President Dr. Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown. He does cocaine!

strict upgrade

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a true gentleman

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Forseti posted:

hell put any dethklok member in charge

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

thankful for this retention of a tidbit from a STEM grognard cursed with the gift of knowledge and is forced to sneer at lessers :blessed:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Hunter is almost certainly involved in the development of covid through his funding of American run Ukranian biolabs affiliated with ecohealth alliance through Rosemont Seneca

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

Hunter is almost certainly involved in the development of covid through his funding of American run Ukranian biolabs affiliated with ecohealth alliance through Rosemont Seneca

i honestly can't even tell how serious this post is anymore

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mediaphage posted:

it's facts

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Platystemon posted:

Hunter is like Nic Cage’s brother in Lord of War.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh hey, here's another reason why the Democrats'll get destroyed in November: their biggest supporters are now platforming conspiracy theories without making any effort to debunk them!

https://twitter.com/katiephangshow/status/1518213764860022785

definitely not going to backfire.

https://twitter.com/Lissy_Takes/status/1518337621864374272

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mediaphage posted:

quote:

Growth equity firm RSTP, a previous investor in Metabiota, led this round of funding for what it sees as a continued potential for the startup to become a multi-billion dollar company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcr...of-disease/amp/

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If you think that's good you should go get a taste of AOC helping to coup an African country before she became a working class barmaid

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weka posted:

I looked this up and apparently it's a religion founded by Yakub?!

Motherfucker looks like he smashes fruit with a giant sledgehammer before launching into a tirade about how woke culture and immigrants ruined him

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Apr 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah sure i just don’t buy that this company is behind covid??