Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

skipmyseashells posted:

the best op/Ed combo in anime history is the first season of yu yu hakusho and there’s no close second

It's Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and the fact that you picked Yu Yu Hakusho indicates to me that if you watched Tylor you would agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

I can see why Stardust Crusaders picked up the bit. it ALWALYS rocks and i am VERY ready to get wild AND tough.,

:hai: it's really difficult to mess that up, even a mediocre anime gets elevated a little if they do it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

the best op/Ed combo in anime history is the first season of yu yu hakusho and there’s no close second

with an usually well produced dub version to boot

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

sb hermit posted:

what about the first season of inuyasha

the second ED is way better than the first and nowhere close to yyh’s ed 1

Gripweed posted:

It's Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and the fact that you picked Yu Yu Hakusho indicates to me that if you watched Tylor you would agree.

this is nice but it’s no homework never ends

Good soup! posted:

the English version upping the tempo into a house beat was a bold choice that paid off, but I like the Japanese disco-y version a lot too

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

How about a Responsible Captain Tylor?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Good soup! posted:

:hai: banger

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that’s the same guy

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What's cool is IIRC the YYH dub was something like the second or third big project for Funimation and they just knocked it out of the park with a dub that in some ways is superior to the sub imo, coming off the weird rear end stuff in DBZ I don't think even 14 year old Soup saw that coming lol

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/ZWZLz1LQRnY

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i never figured you for a loving casual

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's the same guy, if you're the joker

Gripweed posted:

that’s the same guy
damaged

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

get wild is so good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ringo Roadagain posted:

get wild is so good
guess what the NAHO cover from ‘97 rocks too

https://youtu.be/H74mr2KHTX8

i’m a sucker for any cross-gender cover. ladies get wild and tough, too.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Apr 25, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
https://youtu.be/gO7e0fDWRos

speaking of great anisong bits in city hunter, hire 👏 more 👏 original👏 idols 👏

e: running through a brick wall imagining the debut 35th anniversary megumi hayashibara self-cover album

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Apr 25, 2022

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

As an anime watcher, i still don't get Eren time-negging his dad

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

pillsburysoldier posted:

just wait until he time negs his mom, it'll make even less sense

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

If you've seen everything up to where the FINAL SEASON PART 2 leaves off then you should get it by now. Is it the mechanics of it you're having problems with?

The Founding Titan's power can only be used by someone with royal blood, which Zeke has, so as long as Zeke is touching Eren's head then Eren can manipulate the Founding power which he inherited. Zeke spends so much time in the paths learning to navigate inherited memories, without realizing that he's not the one in command of the founder's power. The royal blood is his only leverage over Ymir, which turns out to be a misconception. The choices were always Ymir's to make, and she accepts Eren's reasoning. Because Eren was able to manipulate his father's memories through the Paths, the same way King Fritz manipulated the memories of everyone on Paradis, it creates a circular loop where his plan was always going to come to fruition. Eren lives with the curse of this foreknowledge from the moment he kisses Historia's hand and accesses all of his father's memories - which include the parts where his future self manipulates his dad into killing the Reiss family. He's not just time-cucking his dad, he time-cucked himself.

It's supposed that the real unique power of the Attack Titan is that it inherits memories from the future, but I suppose what's really happening is Eren's use of the Founder's power to manipulate the memories of past Attack Titans by showing them visions of the future the same way he did to his dad and, apparently, Eren Kruger. Once he can manipulate past memories through the Paths then he's retroactively manipulated history to reach his desired destination. He's history's victim and architect, and he lacks the vision to do something greater with this power because he's a juvenile fascist.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

TenementFunster posted:

kei or yuri? choose wisely.

Yuri, but barely, and with caveats

Kei is an incredible character and this show's best bits derive from her being a habitual line-stepper and escalating the situation, but she's also frightening and Yuri seems nice and stable and is capable of doing my family's taxes or whatever

My wife only saw 2 episodes and says that "the red-haired one is incredible" and said that Yuri was generic. A house divided!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kei is the correct choice. We could do deadlifts together.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you've seen everything up to where the FINAL SEASON PART 2 leaves off then you should get it by now. Is it the mechanics of it you're having problems with?

The Founding Titan's power can only be used by someone with royal blood, which Zeke has, so as long as Zeke is touching Eren's head then Eren can manipulate the Founding power which he inherited. Zeke spends so much time in the paths learning to navigate inherited memories, without realizing that he's not the one in command of the founder's power. The royal blood is his only leverage over Ymir, which turns out to be a misconception. The choices were always Ymir's to make, and she accepts Eren's reasoning. Because Eren was able to manipulate his father's memories through the Paths, the same way King Fritz manipulated the memories of everyone on Paradis, it creates a circular loop where his plan was always going to come to fruition. Eren lives with the curse of this foreknowledge from the moment he kisses Historia's hand and accesses all of his father's memories - which include the parts where his future self manipulates his dad into killing the Reiss family. He's not just time-cucking his dad, he time-cucked himself.

It's supposed that the real unique power of the Attack Titan is that it inherits memories from the future, but I suppose what's really happening is Eren's use of the Founder's power to manipulate the memories of past Attack Titans by showing them visions of the future the same way he did to his dad and, apparently, Eren Kruger. Once he can manipulate past memories through the Paths then he's retroactively manipulated history to reach his desired destination. He's history's victim and architect, and he lacks the vision to do something greater with this power because he's a juvenile fascist.

all this because he couldnt fess up his feels for mikasa and thought she had friendzoned him

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

net work error posted:

Kei is the correct choice. We could do deadlifts together.

:hai:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Honest Thief posted:

all this because he couldnt fess up his feels for mikasa and thought she had friendzoned him

i thought that he knows that she loves him, he just thinks that it's because she's an Ackerman. although i guess part of the message of the final twists is that love may not be sacred, but it is real, even when it has the worst possible cause

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m pretty sure he knows she loves him and just chooses not to reciprocate because it’s easier for him to do what he’s going to do if that’s not on the table

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Eren really should have Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus vehicula molestie leo, vulputate dapibus libero.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When Mikasa says she thinks of Eren as family, she actually means it. Even if there is something romantic there, it could never be sexual because she has grown up with Eren since childhood. She owes her life to him more than anybody else, and that's what's really driving her devotion. It's not even certain if Eren has genuine romantic feelings for Mikasa so much as he wants what's best for her and the rest of his friends - which is his one truly consistent motivation. The relationship he has with Mikasa, however it could be, would be way more complicated than whatever he's comfortable with. Eren is a simplistic thinker who wants to keep things simple, and christmas boots has the right of it that he'd rather do what he thinks he has to do than deal with the emotional anguish of pursuing a relationship. He has a simplistic idea of freedom, which is being free of restraint, and a simple solution for it, which is to kill or destroy anything that gets in the way of self-actualization. It's easier to be a fascist than to deal with the world as it is.

I could go further but it would involve manga spoilers. Eren's a selfish little punk, and a coward.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Apr 25, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i bet char aznable would have done a better job

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stairmaster posted:

I feel almost literally anyone would have done a better job

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dr. Killjoy posted:

eren jaeger?

more like ender wiggin, loving bitch!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

TenementFunster posted:

i never figured you for a loving casual

yyh is one of the few shows where watching it dubbed is superior imo

Stairmaster posted:

truly a burn on both characters when this is said

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tenderjerk posted:

Yuri, but barely, and with caveats

Kei is an incredible character and this show's best bits derive from her being a habitual line-stepper and escalating the situation, but she's also frightening and Yuri seems nice and stable and is capable of doing my family's taxes or whatever

My wife only saw 2 episodes and says that "the red-haired one is incredible" and said that Yuri was generic. A house divided!
at least one of you is right!

deadlifts and mag dumps: go crazy, baby.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kitfox88 posted:

dubbed is superior
jesus christ

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When Mikasa says she thinks of Eren as family, she actually means it. Even if there is something romantic there, it could never be sexual because she has grown up with Eren since childhood. She owes her life to him more than anybody else, and that's what's really driving her devotion. It's not even certain if Eren has genuine romantic feelings for Mikasa so much as he wants what's best for her and the rest of his friends - which is his one truly consistent motivation. The relationship he has with Mikasa, however it could be, would be way more complicated than whatever he's comfortable with. Eren is a simplistic thinker who wants to keep things simple, and christmas boots has the right of it that he'd rather do what he thinks he has to do than deal with the emotional anguish of pursuing a relationship. He has a simplistic idea of freedom, which is being free of restraint, and a simple solution for it, which is to kill or destroy anything that gets in the way of self-actualization. It's easier to be a fascist than to deal with the world as it is.

I could go further but it would involve manga spoilers. Eren's a selfish little punk, and a coward.

he should've hit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

in the case of yyh he's right

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
yeah the yu yu hakusho dub is good. even the main theme song is better in English than in Japanese

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
dbz dub is also better than the sub

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honest Thief posted:

he should've hit

one thing Char has over Eren: he fucks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Odd taxi dub is awful

The main character walrus is spike from cowboy bebop lmao

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

one thing Char has over Eren: he fucks
unfortunately.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
netflix sucks cause it doesnt have hxh no more
when i got fired from my first job in londo i binged it in a whole week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

yyh dub is an excellent dub
and im half sure its not just nostalgia making me think that

e: spy x family and don’t hurt me, my healer are my surprise hits of this season

kaguya s3 is excellent as always

wolfs has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Apr 25, 2022