Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bond borks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Loid's just gonna start setting up accidents everywhere so Anya can keep saving people like the pool incident. The victim in every instance will be Franky.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/DDub1618/status/1516250293851557888

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Annointed posted:

Bond borks.

He Boofs :colbert:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Re-reading the series and I found the panel that details who The Garden works for in Chapter 43!

They apparently answer to the 'Shadow Government' of Ostania as a deniable unofficial paramilitary org.

So Loid and Yor officially work for opposite sides in the whole conflict. And Yor/Yuri work as disparate parts of the same overarching org.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I will literally never get tired of jokes about Yor's superhuman strength.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I had a thought the other day. Loid must not think of his birth name as being his name anymore, I imagine, he just thinks of himself as Twilight. Otherwise Anya and us readers would know his birth name by now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't seem like Anya can really read deep into minds though, she only gets the surface stuff and usually only when she tries. That said you're probably right, he's not Loid, he's not Roland Spoofy, he's Twilight. We don't get his name because it's not relevant to him (also there's probably gonna be a dramatic reveal later that actually matters)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Henry Truthman

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Sebastian Q Arbuthknot or Lester P Mainwaring

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Doodles posted:

Sebastian Q Arbuthknot or Lester P Mainwaring

Raymond Luxury-yacht.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Actually my name is Lloyd. Who spells their name Loid?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

"Actually my name is Lloyd. Who spells their name Loid?"

Loid's handwriting:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

clearly his full name is Loid Lawliet

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
His parents were conspiracy nuts, his actual name is Twilight.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

His name is John Smith.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

RareAcumen posted:

Loid's handwriting:

Congratulations, you found an otherwise innocent image that can trigger at least 60% of teachers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TwoPair posted:

It doesn't seem like Anya can really read deep into minds though, she only gets the surface stuff and usually only when she tries. That said you're probably right, he's not Loid, he's not Roland Spoofy, he's Twilight. We don't get his name because it's not relevant to him (also there's probably gonna be a dramatic reveal later that actually matters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t7yiN_Z5eg&t=7s

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Plot twist: It'll turn out Twilight's real birth name is actually "Loid Forger"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omobono posted:

Congratulations, you found an otherwise innocent image that can trigger at least 60% of teachers.

His handwriting is just like a barista trying to get your name for an order.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The anime ED owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKJBpFFsuI

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Random dumb theory I just had.
Franky is an alien.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

This is exactly what I was getting at.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

Random dumb theory I just had.
Franky is an alien.

You're right, that is dumb!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Don't think I could be happier with the adaptation. They are doing a fantastic job with it.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I love all the extra scenes in the most recent episode :3:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Please inject that domestic filler directly into my veins, thank you.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ED too adorable im going to cry

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Protecc Anya from the horrors of the world.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
After putting off this manga for forever, youtube started popping up clips of the anime on me and I'm starting in on the manga (and I'll get the anime once all the episodes are out I expect). Issue 3 of the manga had me literally crying with laughter at the end (probably the hardest I've laughed at any anime or manga in a looong time) so I think I'm in for a fun ride.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
RE: star/bolt pacing: don’t forget that Anya can skip them by befriending Damian directly. At this point, I see that as a more likely outcome than her gathering all 7 stellas.
I’ve been loving the slice of life missions, though, so the slower pace works great for me. The only arc that dragged on too long was the boat. It would’ve been stronger if it had focused on Yor’s feelings more.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Annointed posted:

Protecc Anya from the horrors of the world.

Counterargument: let her join them and establish a family with them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

After putting off this manga for forever, youtube started popping up clips of the anime on me and I'm starting in on the manga (and I'll get the anime once all the episodes are out I expect). Issue 3 of the manga had me literally crying with laughter at the end (probably the hardest I've laughed at any anime or manga in a looong time) so I think I'm in for a fun ride.

Be sure to pop in every few chapters and tell us who your favorite character is and why it's Daybreak

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pink Mist posted:

RE: star/bolt pacing: don’t forget that Anya can skip them by befriending Damian directly. At this point, I see that as a more likely outcome than her gathering all 7 stellas.
I’ve been loving the slice of life missions, though, so the slower pace works great for me. The only arc that dragged on too long was the boat. It would’ve been stronger if it had focused on Yor’s feelings more.

Look at this fool who doesn't believe in Starlight Anya. :colbert:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pink Mist posted:

I joked previously that Anya would earn the maximum tonitrus bolts as well as stella stars at once, but the more I think about it the more I think it's actually quite a likely scenario, just because it'd result in maximum drama and put Loid and the school in general in a state, trying to work out whether she must be expelled or made an Imperial Scholar.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Twilight

Thorn Princess

Would that make Anya at best and worst

Twilight Princess?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

She is basically a little gremlin

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Anya will gain maximum tonitrus, become DARK ANYA, and lead the students in a revolt against their oppressors.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Fangz posted:

Anya will gain maximum tonitrus, become DARK ANYA, and lead the students in a revolt against their oppressors.

Starscourge Anya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/mugimugu_/status/1517870847591346177