Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Genergators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there it is

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Crocodynamos

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Electrocodilians.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is it powering the grid or is this just a very elaborate trap

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Heath posted:

Is it powering the grid or is this just a very elaborate trap

Porqué no los dos?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We regret to inform you PG&E owns the generator and Nestle owns the alligators.

Everything is on fire and utility rates will be octupled until November when fire season starts.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Anime Liker posted:

We regret to inform you PG&E owns the generator and Nestle owns the alligators.

Everything is on fire and utility rates will be octupled until November when fire season starts.

Probably better than Florida Power and Light that charged me a $14.88 activation fee when I moved into a new apartment

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Probably better than Florida Power and Light that charged me a $14.88 activation fee when I moved into a new apartment

Jeez, all they want to do is secure the existence of their customers and a future for electricity.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

You know that it's even worse in Spain. I got charged about 70€ in 2017 when I moved to a new flat.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Guillermus posted:

You know that it's even worse in Spain. I got charged about 70€ in 2017 when I moved to a new flat.

Paying the money isn't the issue, it's the amount of money.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Was it €69 though? Because that works out nicely.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BonHair posted:

Was it €69 though? Because that works out nicely.

It wasn't the :nice: amount, it was 70,23€ :saddowns:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Guillermus posted:

woosh

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

The MEAT Clown YouTube channel has been active for 13 years.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

nokternl
Jul 24, 2004
WTF?

trapped mouse posted:

With all this clown posting, I feel compelled to post the clown meat dream. I considered not timging it, but instead I'll just highly encourage everyone to read it.

late for the clowning...
prolly e:fb, idont loving care

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

:yeshaha:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

And yet they still eat quinoa

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Azhais posted:

And yet they still eat quinoa

Um I think you'll find hipster and vegan quinoa demand destroys the life of indigenous Andean peoples not Amazonian people? Totally different and fine, actually.

Oil palms are actually one of the most efficient ways of producing vegetable oils, just like quinoa is a very efficient source of complete dietary proteins. Blaming vegans for continuing to use coke, or eat quinoa or whatever simply because the current systems for producing them are exploitative and destructive is mistaking a systemic problem for one of individual choice. There's no ethical consumption under capitalism after all. However ultimately we need to recognise that vegans are right to point out that a typical western animal product-based diet can never be sustainable or ethical, and while a vegan diet at present might not currently be much more ethical because of the capitalist mode of production, it is certainly more so than meat and dairy-heavy diets. Unless more people accept this we are going to continue degrading our biosphere and ruining future generations' lives for the sake of the most minor conveniences, regardless of whether we topple the capitalist hegemony.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Um I think you'll find hipster and vegan quinoa demand destroys the life of indigenous Andean peoples not Amazonian people? Totally different and fine, actually.

Oil palms are actually one of the most efficient ways of producing vegetable oils, just like quinoa is a very efficient source of complete dietary proteins. Blaming vegans for continuing to use coke, or eat quinoa or whatever simply because the current systems for producing them are exploitative and destructive is mistaking a systemic problem for one of individual choice. There's no ethical consumption under capitalism after all. However ultimately we need to recognise that vegans are right to point out that a typical western animal product-based diet can never be sustainable or ethical, and while a vegan diet at present might not currently be much more ethical because of the capitalist mode of production, it is certainly more so than meat and dairy-heavy diets. Unless more people accept this we are going to continue degrading our biosphere and ruining future generations' lives for the sake of the most minor conveniences, regardless of whether we topple the capitalist hegemony.

I know it's a PNG

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Really disappointed covid didn't wipe out 98% of people so we no longer have to worry about capitalism killing 100% of everything.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Anime Liker posted:

Really disappointed covid didn't wipe out 98% of people so we no longer have to worry about capitalism killing 100% of everything.

Yeah, remember the early days when it was disproportionately hitting boomers hard? Good times, man, good times.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah, remember the early days when it was disproportionately hitting boomers hard? Good times, man, good times.

It's still doing that

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Getting paid by the government to stay home and play videogames while boomers died in droves and the skies cleared - 2020 held a glimpse of paradise we were too foolish to see.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Diet Rite?! Christ I'd rather drink Shasta.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Diet Rite?! Christ I'd rather drink Shasta.

Diet

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

*jiggles lock furiously* DIET RITE! DIET RITE! DIET RIIIITE!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I could swear that in the 80s I remember there being a TV ad for diet rite that claimed it had the same nutritional value as a baked potato.

“Don’t drink a baked potato … when you can drink Diet Rite”

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just wanna say this is some top notch kate bush fanart

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

I could swear that in the 80s I remember there being a TV ad for diet rite that claimed it had the same nutritional value as a baked potato.

“Don’t drink a baked potato … when you can drink Diet Rite”

Dang, a baked potato is like 200 calories by itself, I'd hate to know how bad regular Rite was.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fully Loaded Rite is the only choice for me

Murky with sour cream, flecks of green onion floating amidst cheddar strings

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It didn't make sense to me as a 6-year-old either but here I am with the jingle stuck in my head decades later

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bad Purchase posted:

just wanna say this is some top notch kate bush fanart

Huh, I don't remember that bit in Wuthering Heights.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Elissimpark posted:

Huh, I don't remember that bit in Wuthering Heights.

more of a babooshka look

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

It didn't make sense to me as a 6-year-old either but here I am with the jingle stuck in my head decades later

I'm guessing it's just "regular soda has the same carbs as a baked potato, drink Diet Rite!"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pretty sure grinded macroplastic is still microplastics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker