Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

victrix posted:

discovering I could make real money from stolen items was the biggest curse, I'd completely derail my adventures because some town had a bunch of juicy looking npcs and few guards

thieves guild rules

I don't think DB gives quite as good rewards, but I didn't like stabbing random servants as much as robbing nobles so I didn't explore it as much
DB gives the greatest reward of all: a reduction in aggro range while mounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmeralda
Oct 26, 2007

Hector Delgado posted:

A night of ESO just isn't complete without stealing some recipes, just have to remember to ditch Bastion as he hates Provisioners apparently and doesn't appreciate my acquisition methods.

Taerkar posted:

I think he dislikes cheese.
Yes, don't cook that Fruit and Cheese Platter daily writ in front of him, his rapport with you goes down if you do that. The first time it happened, I mentioned it to my SO who was sitting nearby and he suggested 'Maybe he doesn't like your cooking'. Nope, found out it's because he hates cheese. Maybe he's lactose intolerant or maybe he had a bad experience with Sheogorath. I just dismiss him before I cook it, and then re-summon him.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Indirks will be coming back for those who missed them in future events!!!

From PTS patch notes starting with the next event new ticket buyable things are coming:

quote:

Companion Guild Commendations
Coming with the Zeal of Zenithar event, we are introducing a new consumable item that the Impresario will sell in perpetuity (whenever she’s around). By purchasing these commendations and using them while an active Companion is out, you immediately advance the Companion to the next skill rank of the associated guild (from among Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted). As new companions will be introduced over time, we will not disallow you from buying these even if all your current Companions are fully leveled but exercise care in over-purchasing!

New Indrik Vendor: Nenulaure
We're not done yet! In the event you never had a chance to finish any of your Indriks, or if the normal morphing collectible items don't suit your fancy, or if you're new and have a surplus of tickets, there is a new Indrik Vendor, Nenulaure, at the Belkarth festival grounds starting with this event. Here's how she works:

Any time the Impresario shows up in ESO, not just during Zeal of Zenithar, the Indrik Vendor will appear in Belkarth. She will offer a selection of past Indriks from previous years based on the season, with a cycling inventory as seasons change (lining up with event starts/ends when the seasonal change would happen in the middle of an event).
- She will always offer the Nascent Indrik feathers, which are now 5 Event Tickets each.
- She will have all four berries for each of the two seasonal Indriks on offer for that season, plus the two baby Indrik pets that match them, for 10 Event Tickets each.
- The Indriks will cycle by season and return in the following year if you missed them. The seasonal rotation (subject to change) is as follows:
Spring (start of year): Dawnwood and Spectral Indrik berries, plus Springtide and Haunting Indrik pets
Summer (middle of year): Luminous and Icebreath Indrik berries, plus Shimmering and Rimedusk pets
Autumn (after Zeal and before Witches Festival): Onyx and Mossheart Indriks, plus Ebon-Glow and Sapling pets
Winter (Witches Festival to end of year): Pure Snow and Crimson Indriks, plus Frost-Light and Rosethorn pets
All Indriks won't come back for New Life Festival like we do with the year's Morphing Collectibles or previous years' entire Indrik catalogue.

Details for the Zeals of Zenither event which will be in June are out too.

quote:

Zeal of Zenithar Event Testing
A brand-new event comes to ESO! Zeal of Zenithar honors the Tamrielic god of commerce and hard work, and during this blessed time of year you can earn extra rewards by engaging in those activities! There's a lot to this event, so let's get started.

To begin, you can pick up the introductory quest "The Unrefusable Offer" from Amminus Varo at the new Belkarth festival grounds (or get the free quest starter from the Crown Store). A helpful portal is at every Impresario tent to take you straight to the city if you don't know the way.
This quest helps onramp newer players into some of the activities highlighted by the event, providing tutorial refreshers where needed.
Once completed, you may then pick up the single daily quest associated with the event, "Honest Toil", and complete any single one of the activities listed for daily three Event Tickets and a gold-quality Zenithar's Sublime Parcel reward box.

You have a chance to earn additional purple-quality Zenithar's Delightful Parcels by completing the following activities:
A box from completing the introductory quest, both the first time and on subsequent years if you prefer to complete it again.
A guaranteed box for completing any Master Writ.
A guaranteed box for the first daily Crafting Writ, per account, that you complete each day (no pressure to do all of them a guarjillion times on all your alts)
A guaranteed box for defeating a world boss (skull and crossed swords icons on your map) or world events (dolmens, harrowstorms, geysers, dragons, etc.) while grouped with someone who is in at least one of your guilds.
A chance when conquering each round of a group-based arena challenge (such as Dragonstar or Blackrose Prison) while grouped with someone who is in at least one of your guilds. The final round's reward chest has a guaranteed parcel.
Or if you're not interested in hard work, Akatosh forbid, a small chance to steal parcels from hard-working Tamrielic citizens through pickpocketing, strongboxes, or thieves' troves.

Parcels have a chance to contain the following, with gold-quality ones having higher drop chances and more loot in general:
A tradeable outfit style page for the new High Rock Spellsword Armor.
Durable crafting materials, provisioning ingredients, alchemy reagents, runestones, or a motif style item.
Crafting boosters, with a very small chance of a gold-tier booster or a research time scroll.
Furnishing or provisioning recipes
Repair kits, siege repair kits, or a small chance for an Impresario Group Repair Kit.
Treasure Maps, Survey Reports, Imperial City vault keys, Companion gear, or a random currency pouch.
The random currency pouch can contain either gold or Tel Var stones; there is an extremely small chance that this is a jackpot amount that gives you 100,000 of the associated currency!
This jackpot is not modified by any Champion Point or other passives that affect currency gain.

Furthermore, during this event, the following global effects are in place:
Wayshrine travel costs are reduced by 75%. Happy traveling!
Repair costs on vendors are reduced by 50%.
Crafting Inspiration gain from all sources is increased by 100%.
Vendor prices across Tamriel are reduced by 10%.
These include:
Vendors that sell items for Gold, AP, or Tel Var stones, including the Golden Vendor.
Houses purchasable for Gold.
These do NOT include:
Bag or Bank Space upgrades
Currency vendors that do not sell things for Gold, AP, or Tel Var
Guild Traders, whether it be for reserving their services, collecting from sales, or anything else.
New rare social and combat wilderness encounters are peppered throughout Tamriel for you to find, related to Zeal of Zenithar.
The Impresario will offer all three Soulfire Dragon Illusion pet fragments, and all three fragments for the Aurelic Quasigriff to complete this season's morph. She will also carry bound versions of the High Rock Spellsword Armor style pages for 5 tickets each.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Mercurius posted:

DB gives the greatest reward of all: a reduction in aggro range while mounted.

Guess I'm goin' killing!

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Indirks will be coming back for those who missed them in future events!!!

From PTS patch notes starting with the next event new ticket buyable things are coming:

Details for the Zeals of Zenither event which will be in June are out too.

10% gold discount for houses will be nice but unfortunately the one I’m about to buy won’t wait until June. Anyway I feel like I started playing this game at a good time, there have been a lot of events and free stuff recently.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Glad to hear about the indrik vendor thing, I'm sure I have several half-completed ones from being lazy about many past events.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I'm trying to get back into this game after getting to level 18 then lacking the time to play an MMO. I think I just have Morrowind right now and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the expansions (I think) I want?

When I was last playing, Necromancer was going to be released soon in Elsweyr. I kind of want to try that now, but don't see "Elsweyr" on the store. There's "Blackwood" which includes a few things including Elsweyr. There's also a Blackwood upgrade which does not list what it contains. Logically they should be the same thing, but I wanted to double check because buying the wrong thing in an mmo is such a mild and preventable pain in the rear end.

There's also a "High Isle" upgrade, but I want to wait for the game to really hook me before hopping onto the latest content.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

I just got back into the game after not playing since Morrowind myself. I bought Blackwood since it was on sale for $10. I wanted access to the companions (in Blackwood you can recruit 2 companions). It has been worth it. Sadly playing without eso+ has been an absolute nightmare because of crafting materials. I wound up dropping money on eso+ soley for the QOL upgrade that is the crafting bag.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I think you are looking for either the high isles collection or the blackwood collection (probably on sale).

The upgrade contains just that expansion, whereas the collection contains all of the ones prior to it.

This is different than the high isles collectors edition.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Serenade posted:

When I was last playing, Necromancer was going to be released soon in Elsweyr. I kind of want to try that now, but don't see "Elsweyr" on the store.

I'm pretty sure Warden/Necromancer aren't included in the DLC when you buy the DLC with crowns from the in-game store, those are under a separate category in the store on their own. The classes were only included with those DLCs when the DLCs were the current big ones that you bought with real money.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Good to know, thanks. Looks like "Collection: Blackwood" is the one I'm after. (Which is also on sale)

If it doesn't include Necromancer, that's a bummer but fine. Necromancer was the cherry on top but really the multiple entire expansions are the main selling point.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Serenade posted:

Good to know, thanks. Looks like "Collection: Blackwood" is the one I'm after. (Which is also on sale)

If it doesn't include Necromancer, that's a bummer but fine. Necromancer was the cherry on top but really the multiple entire expansions are the main selling point.
If you buy it from the Blackwood collection it will include Necro (and Warden and an extra character slot).

If you buy the zones in the crownstore then Elsewyr won't include Necro or the extra character slot.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I've never bought crown crates before, but I liked a lot of the low tier rewards in the Storm Atro crates and got a decent gold:crown exchange rate, so I got 30.
Results:
16 blue
4 purple
2 gold
1 Apex
A bunch of duplicates plus the trash adding up to 184 crown gems.
Wanted 8 blues got them all, wanted 5 purple got 2, I like half the gold ones, luckily got some good ones even if not my favourites, Apex is a bonus.

If I look at the stuff I wanted and spend 120 gems on the three purples I wanted but didn't get, I spent 10k crowns to get 9900 crowns worth of things I wanted, plus a few random pets, a couple of cosmetics I won't use, an Apex mount, and 64 gems to use in the future.

This has been my ESO gambling experience: All in all worked out ok, but I don't think I'll be doing it again especially since most crates have more filler to my tastes. Also I would have been annoyed if my legendaries had been the pets or the hats. I also think my experience would have been more negative if I had spent actual money instead of in-game gold.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Anyone on the EU server sling @learnincurve a guild invite? I'm fairly likeable in MMOs, one working eye and one working hand means I try but you don't want me on anything but a scrub run.

I bought blackwood on the fancy new PC after basically spending 2020 playing eso on the xbox and oh wow, the graphics make this a different game. I hate everything about the mouse controls, but the pretty is worth it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any guilds going on in NA? I've got a house and like 7k crowns I'd be happy to use for like a crafting space in a city.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

learnincurve posted:

Anyone on the EU server sling @learnincurve a guild invite? I'm fairly likeable in MMOs, one working eye and one working hand means I try but you don't want me on anything but a scrub run.

I bought blackwood on the fancy new PC after basically spending 2020 playing eso on the xbox and oh wow, the graphics make this a different game. I hate everything about the mouse controls, but the pretty is worth it.
There's no SA EU guild. You can use a controller on PC if you want.

Agoat posted:

Any guilds going on in NA? I've got a house and like 7k crowns I'd be happy to use for like a crafting space in a city.
If you're on PC sure, just post your @ name and I'll invite you. Not sure what you mean in terms of crafting space in a city? If you want to outfit your house with crafting tables you can buy all the crafting stations with gold from guild traders. Should cost around 500-700k gold total I think. If being in a city isn't important, a number of us have houses with all the crafting tables open to guild members.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

There's no SA EU guild.

I'm still a member of House Awful, though. But I don't think I can invite people and I've only seen two people online there in a long time. One is my non-goon friend, the other was like :monocle: when he saw me online the other day.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If you're on PC sure, just post your @ name and I'll invite you. Not sure what you mean in terms of crafting space in a city? If you want to outfit your house with crafting tables you can buy all the crafting stations with gold from guild traders. Should cost around 500-700k gold total I think. If being in a city isn't important, a number of us have houses with all the crafting tables open to guild members.

@Agoat

I wanted to make a house like that to share, I picked up the Sleek Creek house since it seemed to be a in a good spot.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Invite sent. Sleek Creek is a nice house for that, yeah.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

There's no SA EU guild. You can use a controller on PC if you want.

How do people get the set crafting tables? And do they not count as furnishings because it seems like there's hundreds of those.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

How do people get the set crafting tables? And do they not count as furnishings because it seems like there's hundreds of those.
They absolutely count as furnishings and this is a common complaint from people who make guild houses, having to use half the slots just for the set tables.

The tables come from writ vouchers (from master writs). Also the price I wrote is for basic tables, getting all the attunables is like 100 million gold.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Rolis_Hlaalu
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Faustina_Curio (For the Jewelry stations)
Writ vouchers can't be traded directly, but most of the things bought with them can except the storage coffers. On PCNA the exchange rate is somewhere between 1000-1400 gold per voucher. Some items trade on the low end others on the high end.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Invite sent. Sleek Creek is a nice house for that, yeah.

Can you throw one to @WayfaringStranger too?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Done

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
They also very rarely give out crafting tables, cant remember the circumstances though. I think we have 2 of each so far, since forever?

So obviously I'm hoarding those instead of using them.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

valuum posted:

They also very rarely give out crafting tables, cant remember the circumstances though. I think we have 2 of each so far, since forever?

So obviously I'm hoarding those instead of using them.
They gave one set of attunables (no Jewelry) for the Blackwood event in September. I think they did something similar either for Skyrim or Elsewyr's corresponding event, I wasn't around for them.

For normal crafting stations there are a few alternatives findable through antiquities or recipes or quest rewards for some of the stations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I've never bought crown crates before, but I liked a lot of the low tier rewards in the Storm Atro crates and got a decent gold:crown exchange rate, so I got 30.
Results:
16 blue
4 purple
2 gold
1 Apex
A bunch of duplicates plus the trash adding up to 184 crown gems.
Wanted 8 blues got them all, wanted 5 purple got 2, I like half the gold ones, luckily got some good ones even if not my favourites, Apex is a bonus.

If I look at the stuff I wanted and spend 120 gems on the three purples I wanted but didn't get, I spent 10k crowns to get 9900 crowns worth of things I wanted, plus a few random pets, a couple of cosmetics I won't use, an Apex mount, and 64 gems to use in the future.

This has been my ESO gambling experience: All in all worked out ok, but I don't think I'll be doing it again especially since most crates have more filler to my tastes. Also I would have been annoyed if my legendaries had been the pets or the hats. I also think my experience would have been more negative if I had spent actual money instead of in-game gold.

What drives me crazy are the drat booby prizes in the Gold and Purple tiers. It's infuriating to get a gold card and then have it turn into a loving sweet roll. Wouldn't be that bad if the gems for it weren't a fraction of what a real item costs.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

What drives me crazy are the drat booby prizes in the Gold and Purple tiers. It's infuriating to get a gold card and then have it turn into a loving sweet roll. Wouldn't be that bad if the gems for it weren't a fraction of what a real item costs.
The sweet roll is full value, though. It's the one that's not a booby prize, it's choose your own apex and you can even keep it for a different crate. But yeah the XP/research scroll in the Gold/purple tiers suck. Duplicates suck too, I got one thing like 5 times in these crates and each time it was disappointing. I think in general the thing that keeps me from being a gambler, here and elsewhere, is that I feel the lows more than the highs. Rolling the Apex was a nice thrill, but not compensation for the disappointment of the duplicates and booby prizes even if I ended up coming out slightly ahead.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
*checks PTS week three notes*

Hmm..ok..ok..*gets to oakensoul ring*

Oh...LMAO..OK..That is not a nerf, that is a just don't bother farming it at all death sentence. The incompetence of the Dev balance in this game continues to shine. I personally saw no use for it as I rather like having both bars in solo arena as well as higher end DPS situations, but honestly gently caress it, I think they should have released it as is, and brought some easier DPS to the masses and those who just prefer 1 bar builds due to what ever potential physical restrictions they may have.

Just amazing...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Booooooo.

I play with one hand and move the mouse with my wrist and booooo. I'll still have to take the hit (when I get up to that level again) because spamming 1 2 on a dragonknight in a silly hat is just how I roll, but I'm really not sure why they would do this given how limiting game wise running with one bar already is :/

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Is there a PS4/5 guild? I've managed to not upgrade my ancient PC thus far and I don't think ESO is the game that's gonna push me to do it, but I'm having enough fun on the PS.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

did they buff the poo poo out of players?

this game was pretty piss easy last time I played, but now enemies are just absolutely melting, forget rotation, I can barely get a few attacks off before they explode :psyduck:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

victrix posted:

did they buff the poo poo out of players?

this game was pretty piss easy last time I played, but now enemies are just absolutely melting, forget rotation, I can barely get a few attacks off before they explode :psyduck:
Compared to when? DPS has definitely been steadily increasing each patch, but individually none of the buffs have been that big and there have even been some ineffective nerfs along the way, so it's mostly a cumulative effect.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DoriDori240 posted:

*checks PTS week three notes*

Hmm..ok..ok..*gets to oakensoul ring*

Oh...LMAO..OK..That is not a nerf, that is a just don't bother farming it at all death sentence. The incompetence of the Dev balance in this game continues to shine. I personally saw no use for it as I rather like having both bars in solo arena as well as higher end DPS situations, but honestly gently caress it, I think they should have released it as is, and brought some easier DPS to the masses and those who just prefer 1 bar builds due to what ever potential physical restrictions they may have.

Just amazing...

Oakensoul still seems really powerful for single bar dumb-as-rocks magplar spam solo for someone who literally cannot bother managing buffs

that being said, I'm already thinking of a build that gives you all these bonuses *without any armor sets* and still fits on one bar :/

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 5, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Potato Salad posted:

Oakensoul still seems really powerful for single bar dumb-as-rocks magplar spam solo for someone who literally cannot bother managing buffs

Perfect

quote:

that being said, I'm already thinking of a build that gives you all these bonuses *without any armor sets* and still fits on one bar :/

ooh gimme

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Snowy posted:

Perfect

ooh gimme

I want to emphasize that this is deliberately leaving dps on the table, and it's a battering ram that Doesn't Give A drat

To cast:
Sweeping Jabs
Channeled Focus

Passive:
Radiant Aura
Inner Light
Revealing Flare

Not that it's important, but I run this as a Heavy Armor khajit with War Maiden, Soulshine, Slimecraw shoulders, and Ring of Hilarious Lifesteal the Pale Order

It's dumb as bricks and it'll solo basically uhhhhhhhhhh

well, I'll tell you when this stupid experiment of mine hits a wall it can't break down through sheer stupid single-minded incredible dumb fury

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Heya! Im a noob and like lvl 9 and i dont know what the gently caress im doing but Id like to join a guild?? I'm on PC-NA and my username thing is @taffers

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Looks like they put a couple loot crates in the login rewards again this month. I can't remember the last time they gave any away.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Alright I'm a dumbass fresh newbie doing Stamsorc Werewolf nonsense, or attempting to anyway. If I'm primarily solo/duoing would folks recommend Pack Leader or Zerker werewoof?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Potato Salad posted:

I probably should not have said it was useless, it is basically a 5 pc set as one slot item. My issue is that all of those major buffs (except for major courage, which is unique to SPC and Olorime IIRC) you either can get from pots, passive slotable skills (inner light/camo hunter) and most classes either can get major sorcery/brutality through class abilities, mages guild, or dw/2h skill lines. Same with major resolve (every class except Necro gets it). This assumes that you are running strictly solo too, as most of these buffs you would have access to in a group (such as a dungo or raid).

I hear you about not wanting to bother with maintaining buffs, but even if that is the case why not just go all in on damage only and run the Pale Order ring instead? Seems like a better choice even if you want to stick with a 1 bar build.

Personally I think the values that they had on the preview server that some streamers had access to is a good compromise, and still allows the ring to perform well even with the noticeable handicap of not having a back bar skill set. That said, I am all for lowering the floor and making more poo poo accessible to more players. My wife was pretty sad when her one bar heavy attack templar was gutted last patch....

EDIT: Schads on me as I didn't read your follow up post, but yeah, kind of my point anyway.

DoriDori240 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

They changed Oakensoul again

This set no longer grants 3737 Health, Magicka, and Stamina.
Replaced the Major Endurance, Fortitude, and Intellect with their Minor buff counterparts as these are far harder to obtain.
This set now also grants Major Brutality, Major Sorcery, Major Berserk, Major Protection, Major Force, and Major Heroism.

I'll let other people decide what this means. Sounds like better than last week, worse than two weeks ago from what I understand.