Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My character is forever homeless and I'm cool with that, but I wish there were like a furniture bank I could shove all that stuff in since I am never ever going to use it but it's too "valuable" to throw away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

If you buy an fc room or apartment don’t you get access to storage that way?

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Clarste posted:

My character is forever homeless and I'm cool with that, but I wish there were like a furniture bank I could shove all that stuff in since I am never ever going to use it but it's too "valuable" to throw away.

As long as you aren't on Balmung you can just buy an apartment and treat it like storage unit.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i wish the storage for outdoor items was more than 20 slots :argh:

boloney
May 29, 2021
I don't think people would still be talking about this if not for the House Baron coming in to defend the honor of people who hoard digital houses lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It'd be nice if housing got to a point where they didn't have to have a check-in requirement (or one comically long, like once a year) cause the check-in requirement feels like a big ol' asterisk on the "the game respects your time and doesn't do stuff to keep you subbed."

e: Literally no-one should be defending what is essentially dev-sanctioned cheating. It's super weird.
e2: okay, cheating is a strong word but it's silly players can grandfathered into something like that.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 25, 2022

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CJ posted:

If it's true that shell FCs only own 2-3% of houses then i don't really see the problem. Bernie's message of saying the 1% owns 50% of assets is attention grabbing, saying 1% owns 3% of stuff isn't the kind of rallying cry that makes people take notice.
I know this a CJ post but housing barons are way way less than 1% of the actual playerbase, way less even if you only count the non-bot non-alt characters who qualify as buyers.

Algid fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 25, 2022

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

sassassin posted:

New Toto Rak sucks.

Hard agree. Something about the last third of the dungeon doesn't seem right.

Clarste posted:

TBH my character is homeless now and I'm cool with that. Frees me up for swapping data centers/home servers for when I want to do something with friends. I still own a FC mansion with my wife and by selling my plot before 6.0 I was able to help get my wife her personal mansion.

Reject housing become Azem.

Fiye fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 25, 2022

boloney
May 29, 2021
The ceilings in new Toto Rak are too high. It doesn't feel like a catacomb anymore. It's like a weird greenhouse or something. God knows I never want to go back to Leaden Hell, though

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I don't know about any baronies but I know a good glamour tip when I see one.

Wrestlepig posted:

Crystarium rapier. I use crystarium stuff a lot

Fiye posted:

Reject housing become Azem.

Give me a chocobo barding that's just the t-rex saddle and I'll become Azem.

Now, you might say, why not just use the t-rex mount? But I can't pet the t-rex or feed it things or have it fight alongside me, so a traveler's barding for birbs is a must.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 25, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hit Silver in CC and got the Archfiend gear at the same time, good stopping point for the night. If anyone in Bronze has been fighting a ghost Bard, that was me. Unless it was one of the times I screwed everything up, then it was someone else with that old outfit.

An enemy warrior stunned my entire party just before a bomb landed on our heads. I can't even be mad at a play like that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Zeruel posted:

how many arr dungeons were changed?
The biggest noticeable changes are Copperbell Mines, The Thousand Maws of Toto-rak, Castrum Meridianum, and the Praetorium. They also adjusted some of the fights in Haukke Manor, Brayflox's Longstop, and Stone Vigil.
Personally the only things I'm disappointed with in Toto-rak are that they didn't take the opportunity to do anything substantial with the bosses, and that it's kind of lacking in any other kind of gimmick for flavour. You still have Couerl o' Nine Tails, Couerl o' Nine Tails-but-this-time-it-summons-two-Warden's-Whips, and Graffias (with fewer exploding cocoons in the room and no way to accidentally fall into the arena). Compared to Copperbell actually having real (if simple) mechanics it's just a letdown.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Housing barons are cringe but this cspam tier clapback against them is somehow even more pathetic.

I'm a psycho mechanist with a gun

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Hogama posted:

The biggest noticeable changes are Copperbell Mines, The Thousand Maws of Toto-rak, Castrum Meridianum, and the Praetorium. They also adjusted some of the fights in Haukke Manor, Brayflox's Longstop, and Stone Vigil.
Personally the only things I'm disappointed with in Toto-rak are that they didn't take the opportunity to do anything substantial with the bosses, and that it's kind of lacking in any other kind of gimmick for flavour. You still have Couerl o' Nine Tails, Couerl o' Nine Tails-but-this-time-it-summons-two-Warden's-Whips, and Graffias (with fewer exploding cocoons in the room and no way to accidentally fall into the arena). Compared to Copperbell actually having real (if simple) mechanics it's just a letdown.

I miss the 2nd to last section of Brayflox being a huge mob maze and that first big room in stone vigil having like 8 mobs in it.

Overall a lot of good changes to the ARR dungeons and I'm overall happy with it. Wish they had done something about the bosses in Halitali tho they still mostly suck.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Logging in should be enough to reset the demolition timer on a plot.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A horrifying realization about Crystal Conflict: It's the only place in the entire game where two people with the same last name on the same team is actually a good thing for the team.

Out of all ten people in the game, they put the only players who are DEFINITELY communicating out-of-game on the same team.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think I've only legitimately seen a single couple once anywhere - a Nidalee and Rengar Pridestalker, like, five years ago in an alliance raid - and they did alright.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
if you don't enter your house a single time in 45 days perhaps you don't need that house?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Note Block posted:

Logging in should be enough to reset the demolition timer on a plot.

Ok listen, we need to make it harder not easier to maintain a house. I'm a fan of aggressive taxation as measure.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So last Friday I managed to clear my first ever Extreme trial with the new one introduced in this patch. It's proving to be a bit of a gateway drug towards trying for other difficult at-level raids. I'm not sure how well I'll do on other things but with a good team and a good ear I think I'll be able to manage. I hope so.

Accomplishing things feels good, in any case. This game is good. :unsmith:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you can do EX3 you can do P1S. The mechanics are simple it just punishes you more if you gently caress them up (everyone dies rather than just you). That said the enrage is so easy now everyone has gear that this week the pug i joined still cleared it after everyone getting a damge down from intemperance and half the group dying twice.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

A Moose posted:

You know, I don't think people give bots enough credit. Crafting would be basically impossible without a supply of cheap fire crystals

While probably not the absolute most purely efficient time to gil investment, mining and botany retainers can bring back 120 crystals per 40 minutes. I send them for those if I have nothing I want from them at the moment or if I'm getting desperately low.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

Ok listen, we need to make it harder not easier to maintain a house. I'm a fan of aggressive taxation as measure.

Then I will be wanted for tax evasion both in real life and in my video game.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

Clarste posted:

Sell 'em. You can place those items in anyone's house on your home server (not apartment or FC room) and make some of that sweet, sweet internet currency.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Note Block posted:

Then I will be wanted for tax evasion both in real life and in my video game.

I found Tataru's SA account

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Frida Call Me posted:

if you don't enter your house a single time in 45 days perhaps you don't need that house?

Thats why I visit it once every 40 days.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Argas posted:

It's a bit like Warframe where had they done something way earlier they'd have nipped it in the bud but now there is no solution that won't step on too many toes.

although warframe does offer solutions with regards to how to deal with housing barons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

im going to paint eorzea red and give graha a cushy position with no real power but a really fancy outfit

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Heavensward LP delves into Alexander's Second Arm, and all the plot twists therein. Of which there are kind of a lot! :suspense:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I like new Toko-Rak, even if it loses that enclosed feeling. I do wish they'd added some more greebles and such to the sides of the passage to make it less obiously smoothed- even inaccessible cells and alcoves- but I'll take an option that doesn't screw with the camera any day.

Besides, thr lighting is a lot more striking in some parts, and the mood has a nice gradual darkening as you go further from the surface.

Big lol at the first two bosses still being identical though

The changes to the rest, Brayflox and Praetorium particularly, are pretty deft in preserving the feel of each place while removing some of the weird bits. Copperbell's bosses are great tutorializing.

Huge fan of new Cape Westwind. That boss fight looks on par with some of the best solo fights from Stormblood onward.

I am glad to see Sastasha completely unchanged.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The primary driver for the dungeon redesigns were to make the weird mechanics, sketchy mob positioning and 8 person content work with 3 NPCs, which is why those particular issues got the biggest changes. Everything else played second fiddle and had less resources. Ergo, while they rebuilt the layout of Toto-rak and fixed major pain-points brought up by the community the bosses were perfectly doable by NPCs, so instead of spending time on changing those they put it towards the level 50 boss fights.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The only change I've actively disliked is Stone Vigil, where although the second boss is a lot more interesting, the final boss is more boring for no real reason.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Onean posted:

The primary driver for the dungeon redesigns were to make the weird mechanics, sketchy mob positioning and 8 person content work with 3 NPCs, which is why those particular issues got the biggest changes. Everything else played second fiddle and had less resources. Ergo, while they rebuilt the layout of Toto-rak and fixed major pain-points brought up by the community the bosses were perfectly doable by NPCs, so instead of spending time on changing those they put it towards the level 50 boss fights.

They should have cut it entirely. Brick up the entrance and sit the slyph elder outside. Hand players a million xp without wasting their time on bad rubbish.

If you tell new players "oh later dungeons are all straight lines with gates" they're going to think of new Toto Rak and worry. There's no spectacle to make up for the extreme simplicity. Even photocells are gone. The first three dungeons hold up really well, they have interactables and non-subtle changes in environment. Copperbell's new bosses are good.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

sassassin posted:

They should have cut it entirely. Brick up the entrance and sit the slyph elder outside. Hand players a million xp without wasting their time on bad rubbish.

If you tell new players "oh later dungeons are all straight lines with gates" they're going to think of new Toto Rak and worry. There's no spectacle to make up for the extreme simplicity. Even photocells are gone. The first three dungeons hold up really well, they have interactables and non-subtle changes in environment. Copperbell's new bosses are good.

Ehh. I think it's far more likely they'll think of Copperbell or, if they're far enough, Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium.

Toto-rak is now more forgettable than annoying/bad, which could be a step up or down, really.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Tekopo posted:

The only change I've actively disliked is Stone Vigil, where although the second boss is a lot more interesting, the final boss is more boring for no real reason.

Did the new Stone Vigil recently and isn't boss 3 basically the same? It's obviously a step down from boss 2 which got revamped, but I didn't notice any real changes to boss 3 so it's just working with its old stuff in comparison.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

super-redguy posted:

Did the new Stone Vigil recently and isn't boss 3 basically the same? It's obviously a step down from boss 2 which got revamped, but I didn't notice any real changes to boss 3 so it's just working with its old stuff in comparison.
It's only a minor change, when the boss takes flight the 2nd time it used to spawn AoE circles under players, which persisted for a while while it did the flyby covering 1/3 of the arena twice. Now it's just AoE damage, no persistent freeze zones.

And the reason is probably related to the "trust" AI again (the persistent ice circles only got spawned on the player when you ran the dungeon with squadrons).

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

orcane posted:

It's only a minor change, when the boss takes flight the 2nd time it used to spawn AoE circles under players, which persisted for a while while it did the flyby covering 1/3 of the arena twice. Now it's just AoE damage, no persistent freeze zones.

And the reason is probably related to the "trust" AI again (the persistent ice circles only got spawned on the player when you ran the dungeon with squadrons).

Also when the boss comes back down it does it directly in the center of the arena and not on top of the tank.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Onean posted:

Ehh. I think it's far more likely they'll think of Copperbell or, if they're far enough, Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium.

Toto-rak is now more forgettable than annoying/bad, which could be a step up or down, really.

Copperbell's cool. You use explosives. Giants come bursting out of walls. Someone misses the lift. And the end boss doesn't get distracted beating down walls any more so it's an actual fight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It feels like a ridiculous but inevitable thing that since those early dungeons have been revamped, I haven't seen them in leveling roulette.

The only ARR dungeons I've had are Qarn and Halitali. Halitali at least got a lighting pass, I'm not sure Qarn got updated at all.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fiye posted:

Also when the boss comes back down it does it directly in the center of the arena and not on top of the tank.
That's probably also AI related. It's a notable challenge with the squadron because their AI tanks only try to turn bosses around when they first engage - in SV it was common for the dragon to come down on the wrong side of the tank and breathe on the entire party and potentially one-shot the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i wanna see the other new arr dungeons but roulette keeps throwing me in 80+ stuff

i did get thrown into new toto-rak and i'd agree that the removal of the "maze" and photocells and the goop and complete lack of any boss enhancements has made it...even more boring. it at least had the oddball dungeon mechanics going for it before