Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gripweed posted:

where is this feedback thread?

Closed last night.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000307&pagenumber=12&perpage=40

It's a journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LaurenKGurley/status/1518248152096247809

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Some Guy TT posted:

lol that now that one of the guys with the wrong color hat is involved everyones pretending like what started this off was disney very sincerely making a heroic stand for lgbt people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i picked a page at random and holy poo poo

Koos Group posted:

The opposite is true. In the trans athlete thread I moderated people who were upset about transphobia and potential transphobia to a much more lenient degree than normal, because it is such a highly charged and personal topic that some slack could be given when getting heated about it.

Koos is demanding credit for not punishing people opposed to transphobia as harshly as he thinks they actually deserved

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

No, this administration is not dead in the water! Just look at this giant binder I have with the word PLANS written on it! Look how thick it is!!!!!

https://twitter.com/rachelcohrs/status/1518571796450185216

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is pepsi ok posted:

No, this administration is not dead in the water! Just look at this giant binder I have with the word PLANS written on it! Look how thick it is!!!!!

Reminds me of this.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/26/politics/donald-trump-60-minutes-book-lesley-stahl-health-care/index.html

How President Trump's surprise gift to '60 Minutes' completely backfired

Shortly after President Donald Trump abruptly ended an interview with "60 Minutes" anchor Lesley Stahl, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany showed up with a massively large book in tow.

"Lesley, the President wanted me to deliver his health care plan," said McEnany. "It's a little heavy."

Except it wasn't Trump's health care plan. Because that, well, doesn't exist. Instead, according to the "60 Minutes" Twitter feed, the book was "filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan."

Which, yeah.

The oversized book that drastically under-delivers on its promised contents is, actually, a pretty apt metaphor for the entire Trump presidency.

You can be certain that McEnany (and Trump) knew that after he walked off the set, the cameras were still rolling. And so, they went for theatrics -- a huge book that purported to be the President's (non-existent) health care plan. They liked the visual of McEnany giving Stahl a huge and weighty book on camera. Didn't matter that the book didn't actually contain any sort of plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. People wouldn't care about that! They'd remember that massive book!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Catpetter1981 posted:

Reminds me of this.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/26/politics/donald-trump-60-minutes-book-lesley-stahl-health-care/index.html

Shortly after President Donald Trump abruptly ended an interview with "60 Minutes" anchor Lesley Stahl, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany showed up with a massively large book in tow.

"Lesley, the President wanted me to deliver his health care plan," said McEnany. "It's a little heavy."

Except it wasn't Trump's health care plan. Because that, well, doesn't exist. Instead, according to the "60 Minutes" Twitter feed, the book was "filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan."

Which, yeah.

The oversized book that drastically under-delivers on its promised contents is, actually, a pretty apt metaphor for the entire Trump presidency.

You can be certain that McEnany (and Trump) knew that after he walked off the set, the cameras were still rolling. And so, they went for theatrics -- a huge book that purported to be the President's (non-existent) health care plan. They liked the visual of McEnany giving Stahl a huge and weighty book on camera. Didn't matter that the book didn't actually contain any sort of plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. People wouldn't care about that! They'd remember that massive book!

syq… wait

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
modern political binder propaganda is poo poo, everyone knows the original Binders Full of Women by Mitt Romney was the best.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

is pepsi ok posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Catpetter1981 posted:

Reminds me of this.

Which, yeah.

the dang cheeto in the White House was replaced by white cheddar cheeto

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

so when is the CSPAM mod feedback thread again

here you go OP

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3998906

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

modern political binder propaganda is poo poo, everyone knows the original Binders Full of Women by Mitt Romney was the best.

No you don’t understand, Mittens carefully cultivated trading cards in sleeves, not just any binder full of women. These are mint condition collector items

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/rachelcohrs/status/1518571798425706497?t=VCCF11ut577lR_MlABDcBQ&s=19

"the binder’s contents — which the white house would not allow to be photographed — offer a window into what information the white house shared with which gop lawmakers during an explosive, drawn-out fight over covid-19 relief funding that still isn’t over"

Lol it's nothing. Just more January 6 style bullshit

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The workers should tell them to leave. They are not needed.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
In 2016 we had Obama and binders full of women

now in 2022 we have NObama and binders full of covid

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1518602524042969088?t=ZrU0V-_kQjQLhlLip7U1kg&s=19

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTpl93q3Bc

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

that’s my president

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Kristen Synema will easily win reelection too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Among republicans, thanks for the misleading clickbait for monosyllabic infoconsoomers

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol when every other Democrat clues in that the key to electoral success is loving over Biden as bigly as possible

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:)

https://twitter.com/SDonziger/status/1518602432787501056

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was at Passover seder with some standard Dems, and Cuba came up because someone had taken a trip there recently. One of the guests said, "It's terrible how undemocratic it is over there. I hope they overthrow the government. I know the exiled Cuban who will become the president once there's a revolution, and it'll be great because he'll be a legitimate leader unlike the current regime."

Just, absolutely no thought about where legitimacy would come from.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

loving finally, good for him. Hope he throws a crazy rear end party tonight.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lastgirl posted:

Among republicans, thanks for the misleading clickbait for monosyllabic infoconsoomers

well actually approval rating has nothing to do with % of votes received

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

I was at Passover seder with some standard Dems, and Cuba came up because someone had taken a trip there recently. One of the guests said, "It's terrible how undemocratic it is over there. I hope they overthrow the government. I know the exiled Cuban who will become the president once there's a revolution, and it'll be great because he'll be a legitimate leader unlike the current regime."

Just, absolutely no thought about where legitimacy would come from.

As a South Floridian I hear this poo poo all the time and it's so infuriating. When people here talk about the other Caribbean islands it's always "lol those Jamaicans are so poor because they are lazy potheads" and "don't ever go to Haiti or you'll get murdered the second you step off the plane." But when it comes to Cuba it's always "my heart aches for those poor oppressed people, I pray every day for their liberation!!"

Just pure propaganda brain.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

As a South Floridian I hear this poo poo all the time and it's so infuriating. When people here talk about the other Caribbean islands it's always "lol those Jamaicans are so poor because they are lazy potheads" and "don't ever go to Haiti or you'll get murdered the second you step off the plane." But when it comes to Cuba it's always "my heart aches for those poor oppressed people, I pray every day for their liberation!!"

Just pure propaganda brain.

The real havana syndrome.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

americans want to be abused

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
havana gusanold time

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

But when I post Shaun’s videos CSPAM yelled at me for being a shitlib.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao wow conceding to everything joe manchin wanted... made him more powerful? shocking

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

no one likes breadtube OP

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

yeah because Shaun making a concise point in a tweet is a little different from an hour long video about the atomic bombing of Japan or JK Rowling being a poo poo writer

[even though all of those are correct]

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Drake No: Uncritically regurgitating CIA propaganda through breadtube

Drake Yes: Watching a breadtuber crack and ping in real-time

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no one likes breadtube OP

Lol anytime people discuss that stuff in detail it feels like listening to a different reality. Gloopslime the video essayist's ten part series on jk Rowling's Twitter transphobia

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

punk rebel ecks posted:

:qq:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

papa horny michael posted:

Lol anytime people discuss that stuff in detail it feels like listening to a different reality. Gloopslime the video essayist's ten part series on jk Rowling's Twitter transphobia

I went to check on one of those people a while back to see what they were publishing and look at the lengths of these videos

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Who the gently caress is watching this stuff????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
actually I take it back part of the problem is that shaun making a video about why dropping the bombs on Japan was wrong just makes it so that people just link to his video as a rebuttal instead of reading a loving book and posting a relevant excerpt

or even just writing out an argument themselves