Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/mattbruenig/status/1518581221537812481?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I've been thinking about to expect, something about woke media, MAGA, maybe a dig at Biden... but I wouldn't be shocked if one of his first tweets is him announcing that he's shutting TRUTH down

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder if there's someone out there who was actually working on Trump's social media platform who is very sad today?

I'm sure almost all of them are grifters but maybe one person who is just bereft now that they don't get a chance to take down twitter with a platform Trump doesn't even use.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

What about Days of Thunder? It was pretty much Top Gun, but nascar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

saintonan posted:

I use Twitter as a source of instant news. Opinion Twitter can go die in a fire.

correct

What about Days of Thunder? It was pretty much Top Gun, but nascar.

correct

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I own a house

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Found any unexpected mystery puddles of water yet?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Congrats. Also, RIP.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SDonziger/status/1518602432787501056

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Neil Armbong posted:

Congrats. Also, RIP.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Congrats! Can't wait to see the garden you get going.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Congrats! Can't wait to see the garden you get going.

not a ton of light tbh

got lots of big planter ideas tho

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Ts and Ps

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

not a ton of light tbh

got lots of big planter ideas tho

Been playing with larger containers this year. I set up tomatoes and peppers up in six 17 gallon containers with pallets sitting under them to prevent water from ponding at the bottom.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

I'm about to spend almost $15,000 replacing my home HVAC!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house
Congrats!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t know who this is

e: oh he has a wiki page. Turbofuck all oil companies and launch their c-suites and legal teams into the sun

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 25, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Freaquency posted:

I don’t know who this is

Same, but also I don't care.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

I don’t know who this is

He's the guy who won a case against Chevron in Ecuador and then Chevron went to the damned mattresses attacking him, with all of the money and zeal an oil cartel can muster.

He's been under house arrest or in jail for a few years because he refused to turn over his laptop/files/docs/etc to Chevron after ordered to by a New York court.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Freaquency posted:

I don’t know who this is

e: oh he has a wiki page. Turbofuck all oil companies and launch their c-suites and legal teams into the sun

Yeah Chevron (and all oil companies, really) are nestle tier evil.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grittybeard posted:

He's the guy who won a case against Chevron in Ecuador and then Chevron went to the damned mattresses attacking him, with all of the money and zeal an oil cartel can muster.

He's been under house arrest or in jail for a few years because he refused to turn over his laptop/files/docs/etc to Chevron after ordered to by a New York court.

He tried to go to American courts first and Chevron fought and made them go to Ecuadorian courts. He took them to court there and won, big. Then they came to America to claim their reward. In America, Chevron literally bribed one of the judges from the Ecuadorian case to lie a bunch to American courts. They gave him millions of dollars and a nice house here in the USA. He's admitted as much. Doesn't matter, though, as Chevron go the judgement tossed based upon his lies and used those lies to persecute Donziger.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
In Vegas for a conference, and rode in Elon's dumb tunnel.

No automation (probably a good thing), just a dude driving one attendee in a model 3 through a tunnel.

The most absurd "transit" I've ever experienced.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a house

Yay/sorry.

The real question is what does Addie think of the new house?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

Congrats. Also, RIP.
This.

Owning a house loving rules but also I saw a tweet that was like "I've started hoping random noises are ghosts because I can't afford to fix actual problems" and it rings true.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 25, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mysterious running water sounds will be your new phobia.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’ve run around my house many times at all hours looking for running water sounds.

None have been a crisis. Yet.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I absolutely had a panic attack at 3 AM wondering what the hell the unholy noise from my basement was before remembering I had set the water softener to refresh.

I’m still hoping that noise was the water softener. I didn’t loving check.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve run around my house many times at all hours looking for running water sounds.

None have been a crisis. Yet.

I woke up in a panic because I heard running water during a storm. I searched the whole house before remembering we got the pets one of those bowls that circulate the water

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spoeank posted:

I woke up in a panic because I heard running water during a storm. I searched the whole house before remembering we got the pets one of those bowls that circulate the water

A couple times it’s been my neighbor’s irrigation system. Others it’s been a light rain I couldn’t hear but the gutter downspout was gurgling.

Water damage is like my biggest fear. Also HVAC poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
looooooooool
https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1518573725511213057

Rushing back to embrace their big wet boy now that he's regaining his powers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We close on our condo this week and between that, work stress, and a stomach bug I got zero sleep last night.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Oh god this. We just moved into our new build and I'm constantly looking/hearing for leaks.

I did buy this and a bunch of sensors to help with my paranoia: https://smile.amazon.com/YoLink-Controller-Installation-Long-Range-Assistant/dp/B098W3VYWY

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The first few nights in this house, we heard water moving in the pipes, couldn't find it anywhere. We got down into the crawlspace, wriggled all over on our bellies, and finally found a spot where some previous owner had run the cold water copper pipe against the iron sewer pipe and the copper pipe was leaking at the point of contact. Just a tiny invisible spray of water, for possibly three weeks (we had utilities switched on and then spent 3 weeks resurfacing the hardwood floors, painting, etc. before we moved in). So having just taught ourselves how to refinish hardwood floors, we got to teach ourselves how to sweat copper pipe while squirming around in about 16 inches of cold wet muddy crawlspace in January.

Congratulations on your homeownership! Ahahahahahahah

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We have an electrical junction box about 7 feet high near our back door on the west side of the house. My father-in-law has a lot of experience with electrical stuff and was going to tap into it to get us plugs and a switch so we could turn lights to light our patio on and off from the door.

When he opened the box, we found that the wires inside it were seemingly from random parts of the house, and my father in law is like a dog with a bone for things he could fix. There were wires on the breaker for the front upstairs bathroom, the room the furthest from the box, and the kitchen. Six trips to home depot later we decided to just cram all the poo poo back into the box and just forget about it.

I told my neighbor about it and it turns out two owners prior the house was a grow house and they did all kinds of insane electrical stuff. It also explains all the bars on the windows in the google street view and the random semi-hot (but not too hot) wire that runs from the attic to the water heater and loops back on itself somehow!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Nest has those water sensor things that work with their thermostat that alarm if moisture in the area you put them in rises.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Moen has flo which can actually shut off the water for you if you want that level of security

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nest has those water sensor things that work with their thermostat that alarm if moisture in the area you put them in rises.

nests loving suck, I hate mine. I want to rip it out of the wall and smash it with a hammer

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'm getting an ecobee thermostat with my new system. I think they're supposed to be good? Either way, my HVAC is almost 15 years old, so here's hoping this new system I put in is better in a lot of ways.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1518632272395657218?t=8rvjZs7PXBwkPoS6Z40kog&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Guillotines, for the lot of you. Owning a house, in these times???