Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I would feel better about Jacksonville if they take Stingley number one instead of Walker tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Aidan Hutchinson, franchise savior.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Professor Funk posted:

Who would even be a surprise at this point? There have been plenty of rumors about Walker, Neal, and Ickey in that spot already. One of the CBs?

Knowing Jacksonville? Not much would surprise me. I'm OK if it's Walker.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I assume Pederson wants Ekwonu. Baalke wants Walker and apparently Khan wants Hutch. We'll see who wins.
https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1518591752982220800

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sharps think it'll be Walker apparently

https://twitter.com/DavidPurdum/status/1518593439872475137

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like this breakdown. I would normally never post anything remotely related to USA Today but these rankings are pretty great.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-top-50-players-kyle-hamilton-jermaine-johnson-charles-cross/

Also my Cross to Jacksonville #1 pick hot take doesn't seem so wild now

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Taking a guy who most likely projects as a great run defending DL at #1 after you watched Trevor Lawrence struggle immensely his rookie year is...well, it's something. They should take Ickey.

Though I guess they probably think they did enough in FA to help Trevor.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 25, 2022

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I like this breakdown. I would normally never post anything remotely related to USA Today but these rankings are pretty great.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-top-50-players-kyle-hamilton-jermaine-johnson-charles-cross/

This is fantastic I can't believe USA Today of all places is the only one that bothered to find all 22 film.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Jesus Christ remind me never to try to click a USA Today link, what a dogshit site. That page literally won’t even load on my phone.

The part that did load showed it was Mark Schofield who is a pretty knowledgeable football guy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hutch would be a stone cold lock for #1 if he went to any other school than Michigan

Or the Jags had a non-Baalke GM

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
That article is great, but yeah I had to switch to my laptop after I saw the scroll bar size on my phone. Really cool breakdown though. I appreciate how the author cited all their sources, even for comps.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Weird that there's still a lot of mystery about who goes #1 and yet this is still the most boring pre-draft in recent memory.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Literally no one has participated in the mock draft game, And honestly I can't blame people because I don't really think anybody has any idea what's going to happen this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eifert Posting posted:

Literally no one has participated in the mock draft game, And honestly I can't blame people because I don't really think anybody has any idea what's going to happen this year.

I'm going to do it, just waiting to see if what the Jags actually have planned leaks because holy poo poo it could go like 10 different ways right now it seems.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hutch would be a stone cold lock for #1 if he went to any other school than Michigan

Or the Jags had a non-Baalke GM

lol this had not occurred to me but it's a really funny idea

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eifert Posting posted:

There's like five or six teams with two first-round picks and this offseason has already been stuffed full of crazy trades. I'm expecting a lot of shuffling around on Thursday.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm waiting for all the pre-draft smoke to influence me.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m waiting for marijuana smoke to influence me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

That article is great, but yeah I had to switch to my laptop after I saw the scroll bar size on my phone. Really cool breakdown though. I appreciate how the author cited all their sources, even for comps.

Same. It was fine on my laptop and didn't come close to working on my phone.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m waiting for marijuana smoke to influence me

The Tunsil Tumble

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DeimosRising posted:

lol this had not occurred to me but it's a really funny idea

It's a conspiracy theory I saw floating around somewhere and it's works because Baalke is the exactly kind of petty rear end in a top hat to not take a Harbaugh guy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A couple of nuggets from McShay's draft buzz column...
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1518590323685040131

quote:

Let's start off with a big one. All the intel I've gathered points to Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker -- not Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson -- as the No. 1 overall pick for the Jaguars. The belief around the league is Jacksonville prefers the upside and traits of Walker over the proven production, motor and leadership that Hutchinson brings to the table. And it is nearly a lock that one of them will come off the board first.
-------
As it stands right now, my sources don't believe there is a team in the top 19 picks that will be drafting a QB. There's always a shock on draft night, and teams always look to trade up for a signal-caller, but the Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 20 is the first spot I'm hearing serious QB consideration.
-------
I mentioned the buzz around Davis to Seattle at No. 9, but the intrigue doesn't stop there. Everyone I've talked to says they'd be shocked if the 340-pounder fell past Baltimore at No. 14.
-------
Three prospects I've heard who could fall out of Round 1: Georgia linebacker Nakobe Dean, Purdue defensive end George Karlaftis and Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum. Dean is the most likely of the trio to still be a first-rounder.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

For what it's worth, I think the Panthers hold firm at 6 with Neal or Cross.

If both are off the board, then I bet they trade down.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Getting Linderbaum or Dean in the 2nd would be amazing value for whoever gets them. Linderbaum especially.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Linderbaum only plays one position and probably projects to only playing that one position in a particular scheme. It's almost he is playing fullback in terms of finding a team that has a need and role for him. He could get picked in the first or have to wait well into the second for those handful of teams to come back around again

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I don’t see Linderbaum falling past the Cincinnati bengals to be honest.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think they take him only if there is a run on CB and DL and they cant trade out but what do I know

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Linderbaum rules and if the chargers didn't have one of the best centers in football already I would be pounding the table for them to draft him at 17, but at the same time 'not scheme diverse player at a position that isn't considered a premium spot' is a tough combination to have in the first round. A not dumb team is getting a steal in round 2 if that happens though

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's a zone scheme center right? There's enough shanny tree offenses that need the help that he shouldn't fall to far

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If Karlaftis and Lindy are both available The Bengals will absolutely take Karlaftis.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's also a decently deep center class so nobody is going to feel they missed the boat by passing on Linderbaum.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man Miami has to stare down long and hard if Linderbaum is available going into day 2.

There were already rumors flowing they are looking to trade up from 102 to secure a chance at an OG but Barry Jackson indicated in the Finsider forum that in his opinion it'd be for the Zion Johnson and if they can't do that, I suppose they'd go for Alec Lindstrom.

edit: Oh I remembered incorrectly - he said Zach Tom, not Zion Johnson. Bad memory.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 25, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow, didn't Linderbaum have top 10 hype a month or so ago?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I wonder if NFL Draft big boards are better immediately after the CFB season than after months of additional research and nitpicking.

Seems like there's always a lot of late risers...

That don't usually pan out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-5-dl-will-jordan-davis-devour?s=r
https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-6-edge-its-a-do-or-die-decision?s=r

I heard there was something funny about Perrion Winfrey in the Part 5 writeup but no subscription here unfortunately.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah it's hard to do anything that's not just a complete guess. Honestly I will probably just take the goon mock draft and switch some names around :P I figured to wait until just before the draft to participate since I'd theoretically know more then. But I really don't tbh. I know more about the players but I don't really pay attention to what teams are supposed to be doing

Diva Cupcake posted:

A couple of nuggets from McShay's draft buzz column...
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1518590323685040131

It would not surprise me if this were accurate. First of all linebacker is one of those devalued positions, so it wouldn't surprise me for Nakobe Dean to be in round 2 or 3, especially since many seem to like Devin Loyd better.

Linderbaum is undersized and only fits certain schemes, and center is another devalued position relative to many others. He's a player where there are real questions about his ability to hold up in pass pro and his size and strength relative to what's necessary in the NFL game. Out of these three he's still probably the most likely first rounder.

George Karlaftis is another guy where there's big questions about how the NFL game will suit him, he's strong and tough but also slow. Seems more like a DT but that's not what he plays. Won't fit well in 3-4 defenses, etc.

Anyways speaking of linebackers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUnay8Cbno

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think negative sports reporting and commentary should be required to create as close to equal positive content as is reasonable. for example if three players are dropping in status, discuss three players who are rising. the world is a dark place yet we humans always act like we can't do anything to turn on a torch, which is the word for flashlight in regular english

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What's up with Nakobe Dean's fall, er like fall from early predictions anyway if that Mcshay thing is correct? Did something pop up about him that I missed?

He seems to be a very fun player that can fit in a whole lot of different situations from what I saw watching him.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i think negative sports reporting and commentary should be required to create as close to equal positive content as is reasonable. for example if three players are dropping in status, discuss three players who are rising. the world is a dark place yet we humans always act like we can't do anything to turn on a torch, which is the word for flashlight in regular english

Thank you, I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grittybeard posted:

What's up with Nakobe Dean's fall, er like fall from early predictions anyway if that Mcshay thing is correct? Did something pop up about him that I missed?

He seems to be a very fun player that can fit in a whole lot of different situations from what I saw watching him.

There's nothing about him specifically that I know. I think the thing with linebacker is there's a lot of good ones in this class, plus it's one of those somewhat devalued positions like I mentioned, so teams may not want to spend a first rounder on that position. Also one of the smaller linebackers in the class. I still love him though he's so cool

Cavauro posted:

my glass of human beings is half empty :(