Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

upsidedown posted:

code is flaw

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Well, I for one am sick of video games shipping with bugs, so if there's an economic disincentive to ship bugs, there won't be any.

My libertarian understanding of economic forces tells me that's how it works.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

We attracted the worlds dumbest programmers with our platform that makes immutable code. Now it's time to revolutionize healthcare, housing, and governance.

You could be a movie-style hacker/programmer who slaps the keyboard a few times and says, "I'm in," and this would still be a trainwreck. How do they test code under the same conditions that it will be running, for example? Or what do you do when there's a de facto ten million Monopoly dollar bounty on any slip up you make? And even if the code is perfect the first time, what about when the underpinning concept that you perfectly implemented is inherently flawed in a way to make the whole system exploitable?

They're getting the best coders than the Dunning-Kruger Coding Bootcamp can provide since anyone with actual experience would run away screaming. I'm a lovely hack who bashes solutions together and even I know enough that coding in a blockchain type environment is monumentally stupid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Blockchain: By idiots, for idiots.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: code is flaw

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
wow. imagine if v0.1 of your lovely project was what got pushed to PROD. now imagine that you can't ever change it. now imagine if millions of dollars rode on that.

This is what buttcoiners want 😂

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

upsidedown posted:

code is flaw

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

There's something really elegant about code is flaw.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ultrafilter posted:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

NecroBob posted:

wow. imagine if v0.1 of your lovely project was what got pushed to PROD. now imagine that you can't ever change it. now imagine if millions of dollars rode on that.

This is what buttcoiners want 😂

look, we need to get in on the hype train before it stops, there is no time to test stuff

still not sure why they went with their own contract instead of using the standard one used by a zillion NFT projects tho

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Flawdog

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Not much, what’s flawdog with you?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Please don't flawdog my wallet step-coiner 😩

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Stolen from DnD thread. Nft healthcare.

Doggles posted:

https://twitter.com/ebakerwhite/status/1518594503363284992

Why are we hurtling toward the stupidest version of a cyberpunk dystopia?

"patients can put on a haptic suit and be examined remotely by a physician in virtual reality."

Ah yes ,because coiner pedos need the dimension of touch too. (isnt this literally a Brass Eye joke?)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Somebody managed to gently caress over the granddaddy of all the ape scammers

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1518626162817355777

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hahah yessss

What is the secondary market for these, are the “hackers” just banking on the morons ponying up ransom for their ugly apes? I can’t see a lot of collectors paying $$ for stolen apes as all the other weirdos would know it’s stolen so they can’t flex with it.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

That loving rules. I wonder if they'll make the stolen jpgs unofficial or if they'll follow their own internal rules :allears:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

smellmycheese posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

smellmycheese posted:

lmao:

quote:

Others blamed the victims.

“It’s like watching a bunch of people run into a burning building with free money spray painted on it,” wrote one user.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i just bought more dogecoin

feel free to tell me that im extremely dumb

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Chinatown posted:

i just bought more dogecoin

feel free to tell me that im extremely dumb

Congrats on buying one of the few cryptocurrencies that is designed to be inflationary and gets all its "value" from Elon Musk tweets

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

“Extremely” doesn’t cut it. I need a stronger word. Insanely? Stupendously? Ginormously?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

latinotwink1997 posted:

“Extremely” doesn’t cut it. I need a stronger word. Insanely? Stupendously? Ginormously?

titanically?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

priznat posted:

Hahah yessss

What is the secondary market for these, are the “hackers” just banking on the morons ponying up ransom for their ugly apes? I can’t see a lot of collectors paying $$ for stolen apes as all the other weirdos would know it’s stolen so they can’t flex with it.

the ~premium~ NFT collections like BAYC are watched by bots that auto-buy anything listed below the floor price, so ape thieves can quickly cash out before the ape is blacklisted by the markets

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jose Valasquez posted:

Congrats on buying one of the few cryptocurrencies that is designed to be inflationary and gets all its "value" from Elon Musk tweets

good thing money isnt actually a real thing

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Zil posted:

titanically?
dogmatically

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

repiv posted:

the ~premium~ NFT collections like BAYC are watched by bots that auto-buy anything listed below the floor price, so ape thieves can quickly cash out before the ape is blacklisted by the markets

Lmao so does this mean that some rich goober is stuck with stolen apes? This just keeps getting better tbh. Then there will be the awkwardness of does he sell them back to the original owner for cheap or give them, taking a loss.. lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

dogmatically

:hmmyes:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

latinotwink1997 posted:

I'm a fan of "colossally" myself. "Colossally dumb" has a good ring to it.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Lumbermouth posted:

'Colossal' pairs better with 'Fuckwit' tho.
Maybe a portmanteau of Colossal and Titanic, 'a Colonic idiot'

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

priznat posted:

Lmao so does this mean that some rich goober is stuck with stolen apes? This just keeps getting better tbh. Then there will be the awkwardness of does he sell them back to the original owner for cheap or give them, taking a loss.. lol

yep

looking at the opensea history for BAYC, i see at least three apes going from the flagged hacker address to what appears to be legitimate NFT collectors who are now stuck with tainted apes

https://opensea.io/collection/boredapeyachtclub?tab=activity&search[isSingleCollection]=true&search[eventTypes][0]=ASSET_TRANSFER

8C7934 is the hacker

repiv fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 25, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

repiv posted:

yep

looking at the opensea history for BAYC, i see at least three apes going from the flagged hacker address to what appears to be legitimate NFT collectors who are now stuck with tainted apes

:perfect: burn this stupid economy to the ground

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

But if code is law the "legitimate" owner is whoever the holy blockchain says it is, sfyl, please change your profile pic since you don't own it anymore.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

They stole my apes Odo keeps ringing in my ears.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

priznat posted:

pretty often the original owner pays the buyer more than what they got the stolen ape for

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Lumbermouth posted:

Buttfuckingly dumb works in this case as well

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Assembling a crack team of professionals for the heist of the century on the crypto vault. Every member has the exact same set of skills, and it's pretending to be Elon Musk on twitter.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Chinatown posted:

good thing money isnt actually a real thing

Cool, then you giving me all your money should be no problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

Cool, then you giving me all your money should be no problem

I can think of one thing that might cause a problem there.