Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

graph posted:

happy for you, or sorry that happened

someone check the blockchain to find out which one!

also how is one of those books not called "cockchain" come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

infernal machines posted:

okay, be sure to check in here periodically to keep us up to date on your investment journey.

we always love to hear about people getting thoroughly rooked by their own hubris.

Nevermind I am not buying the crypto. Between the 20% federal asset tax and then there’s a state tax.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the whole point of crypto beyond the speculative investment is tax evasion, so if that's not your jam, you might as well not bother

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

the whole point of crypto beyond the speculative investment is tax evasion, so if that's not your jam, you might as well not bother

People irl push this poo poo on me like it’s their religion and I was just trying to fit in and be cool but yea, I will dab on their pyramid scheme from now on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bitcoin has 3 uses:

-committing crimes directly (stealing coins, tax evasion)

-committing crimes indirectly (enabling crimes that would not be committed if profiting off them were harder)

-feeling smug about finding solutions to theoretical comp sci/info sci/econ problems with no practical application

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

haveblue posted:

-committing crimes directly (stealing coins,

stealing coins is not a crime

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

yeah code is law means this is just a bug bounty program with direct rewards

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

clearly "stealing coins" here means physical numismatic larceny (to be fenced on silkroadalikes for butts)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ransomware: a bitcoin project™

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cheese Thief posted:

People irl push this poo poo on me like it’s their religion and I was just trying to fit in and be cool but yea, I will dab on their pyramid scheme from now on

frankly, even jehova's witnesses are tame compared to crypto evangelists these days

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

frankly, even jehova's witnesses are tame compared to crypto evangelists these days

The Airport lobby scene from Airplane! only it's Crypto Shills instead of Missionaries.

Bitcoin..? How about Dogecoin!?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Grace Baiting posted:

ransomware: a bitcoin project™

ransomware is ok, but simply draining liquidity accounts for millions is what's hot right now

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
these noobs make it way too easy for those seeking a sports car

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Airport lobby scene from Airplane! only it's Crypto Shills instead of Missionaries.

The white zone is for immediate unloading of bags only. There is no hodling in the red zone.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shame Boy posted:

please don't rip my bitcoin bodice :ohdear:
You got cum on my trezor! I'm ruined!

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Hammerite posted:

The white zone is for immediate unloading of bags only. There is no hodling in the red zone.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"looks like I picked the wrong day to stop shilling crypto!"

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1516184797592399874

https://twitter.com/cavandy/status/1518564321516822530

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hi, elon muck here, to celebrate my purchase of twitter I'm giving away free etherium! Just send an amount to 10snaos8u8d0vna08d7f0fasdcna0s and I will send back TRIPLE !

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Boxturret posted:

Hi, elon muck here, to celebrate my purchase of twitter I'm giving away free etherium! Just send an amount to 10snaos8u8d0vna08d7f0fasdcna0s and I will send back TRIPLE !

just sent you my entire life savings 👍 thanks for saving the planet!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the long awaited episode 2 is finally out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQAeojf0xY

it seems like they actually hired an animator for this one too instead of just moving around cropped screencaps of the nft art

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the long awaited episode 2 is finally out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQAeojf0xY

it seems like they actually hired an animator for this one too instead of just moving around cropped screencaps of the nft art

Sorry, there is room for only one crypto cartoon in my heart, and it's the one where homeless people piss on Bitcoin (more than once).

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if it's possible to not do something in a powerful and impressive fashion that's how hard I'm not clicking play on that video

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

gently caress SNEEP posted:

just sent you my entire life savings 👍 thanks for saving the planet!

i just sent you his life savings too

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

wow that was extremely terrible

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it happened again

https://twitter.com/watcherguru/status/1518622905441177604

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/patdennis/status/1518637225789042688

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol

lmao, even

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
......starting now

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

So I was thinking and pondering and I just couldn't figure out why these "Stablecoins" would have so much cash reserves and investors to support them. What even are the investors supposed to be getting back on their investment? Is there an exchange fee?

Of course the real answer is there aren't really any investors and most of that cash reserve is a lie

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the way these scams work is you use more established coins like ether to buy the beancoin, now the bean coin is backed by the pile of ether, and the price is based off that. then the people that make it take all the ether and leave the people with the beans they paid for, but now that the backing is gone the market crashes and the beans are worthless

I don't know what the beans are supposed to be used for though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wrong. 1 bean = 1 bean. never forget the fundamentals!!!!!!

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
frijodl

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
these beans could be traded for multiple different currencies, not just ether. i think the intended use is that you stake your ether/etc to add it to the contract's trading pool to gain beancoins based on the value of the ethers, and then on top of that you get 'free money' from a percentage of the transaction fees when anyone trades shiba-inu-fartcoin for ether through the bean contract

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

these beans could be traded for multiple different currencies, not just ether. i think the intended use is that you stake your ether/etc to add it to the contract's trading pool to gain beancoins based on the value of the ethers, and then on top of that you get 'free money' from a percentage of the transaction fees when anyone trades shiba-inu-fartcoin for ether through the bean contract

ah of course, there has to be some way to get tons of money by buying in early

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/themaildog/status/1518658883979554819?s=21&t=j5yzUq9EBHCHBXw0zcw6xQ

makes you rhink

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endless Mike posted:

wrong. 1 bean = 1 bean. never forget the fundamentals!!!!!!

:thembeans:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what even is a pyramid scheme, we just dont know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/countryclub420/status/1518660574439251968

:hmmyes: