Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Later on you can go 3 red and 1 blue on gunlancer to get that real poo poo going too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Blue is still the better build in most situations, unless the fight demands a large amount of weakpoint. Red just doesn't bring enough to make up for being much more fragile and harder to play on too of needing to land head attacks. Now if you enjoy it more go for it, but most people should just stick to blue.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

I've not looked at the numbers, is 3 red better than the usual damage engravings instead? I know combat readiness above one is diminishing returns compared to investing those stats elsewhere. Currently running 3 3 1 barricade, spirit absorption, combat readiness.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes if you're playing red you 100% need Lone Knight 3, thankfully it's extremely cheap because so few people play it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

Anyone care to talk about what classes they are enjoying and which they aren't at this stage of the game?
Everything is good & fun. I'd recommend people think twice about : gunslinger, deadeye, reaper (not in yet) unless they really like high mechanical skill classes and/or dying super easy. All 3 are good and fun anyway. Deadeye is a bit more questionable on the "good" front because you have to play really well to do as much damage as other classes.

I'd go with the SH if it appeals to you. It's fun to play and good all around. Also one of the cheaper alt dps classes. It's up there with gunlancer for classes people should make one of if it appeals to them. It's also something you could eventually main if you want to leave the bard life behind.

I wouldn't worry about how strong people describe classes as in t1/t2/early t3. If it's an alt, you can do 2x chaos with an optional 1x rested leapstone una and you'll be out of t1/t2 before you know it. One mistake people tend to make on alts is spending too much time on them or feeling obligated to do guardians/all the unas/whatever. You can definitely phone it in and spend not much time on an alt and still progress at a reasonable pace.

Someone trash talked the good name of Berserker. It's fun and harder to play than people think in argos/legions at least. You need to dodge cancel a number of abilities if you must move out of the way, and berserker abilities are kind of slow compared to many other classes. Dark Rush also can't be cancelled and commits you for a long time. A whole lot of berserker gameplay is understanding ranges of abilities, boss animation times vs your attack times, properly pairing abilities based on cooldown due to self-buffs (huge for doing actual damage on zerker), and managing dodge/shoulder charge cd. Definitely doesn't have a high skill floor, but the skill ceiling on zerker is decent and up there with many other classes.

Berserker is also fairly forgiving on damage taken to compared to mages/assassins/gunners. In chaos, you never take damage or need to pot and can clear about as fast as the fastest classes in the game. I'd estimate 2x berserker chaos at 8-9 minutes, while bard is 10-11 minutes and much longer if there's a boss.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 25, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Shadowhunter is pretty nice but can be annoying if you're playing perfect suppression build tbh, I'm still in the process of collecting t3 gear with the right stats and engravings to switch to demonize cause then you dont have to care about back attacks all the time.

edit: also kind of wished I used the express event on my one char instead of creating an alt. I really hate having to track all these different missions, events, dailies etc...

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 25, 2022

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Did they ever comment about the Express Mission poo poo or are we idiots who put it on our mains just hosed?

Support says they are "still looking into it"

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 25, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Cinara posted:

Blue is still the better build in most situations, unless the fight demands a large amount of weakpoint. Red just doesn't bring enough to make up for being much more fragile and harder to play on too of needing to land head attacks. Now if you enjoy it more go for it, but most people should just stick to blue.

I switched to red for T2 because why not. It’s definitely feast or famine — like it feels great when you’re dodging poo poo and getting all your attacks off, but it’s absolutely awful when the boss casually walks out of your 3 second charge up attacks and then flattens you right after you drop your shield. It looks and feels really cool, but I’m probably gonna switch back to blue.

Paladin is extremely chill and dependable. People say it’s boring, but if you’re keeping up your buff and debuff constantly, trying to dodge mechanics and shield/damage resist your party members so they don’t die to said mechanics, it keeps you pretty busy. It can sometimes not feel as impactful as bard because your heals are small HoTs where bard has a bigger HoT with a burst heal, but I think they’re pretty equal utility-wise. Also, the heal when your smaller shield expires negates a tooon of chip damage and can keep people from needing to use pots outside of big hits.

I had only played Deathblade in PvP before and the PvE build is way different. You’re still super mobile, but all of your high damage skills have a 2-3 second charge up which leaves you really vulnerable. Surge has a “fun” mini game of trying to keep your stacks up on the boss while the boss runs around doing boss things. Remaining Energy requires less babysitting but the big numbers aren’t as big.

Also, petition for all melee classes to have a “jump over the boss” tripod on their leap skills because that’s the best part of playing blade.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Soulfist: mid T2: ultimately not for me but I'm still doing dailies and such on it and some minor chaos dungeoning. I knew going into it that potentially it was not going to fit, but you really, really don't know until you get there how much the awakening actually does make or break the class - and for me there's enough "oh goddamn it :sigh:" misses that even when I land a good spirit bomb on a boss it doesn't counteract the general sadness feeling to it. Adore the aesthetic though and I really hope they continue fixing up the job on Korea PTR because if they can come up with a viable approach to the job using the Kamehameha ult instead we might be in business. I am using Energy Overflow for now since Robust Spirit doesn't really come online until T3 (before then you don't have enough spec to compensate for level 3 hype cooldown).

Bard (i1080): I love my prancing harp plinking lady. Great aesthetic, I adore the interplay of Good Notes Being Helpful and Bad Notes sending enemies flying or just plain exploding. Chaos dungeons are a hoot as you basically get to play a corpse explosion d2 necromancer. Also everyone loves a bard and it's awesome going into content I'm not entirely sure about knowing I can stand back and provide buffs and support. Not sure this is going to be my main but it was a very easy decision to shift it into my primary over Soulfist once I Vern powerpassed it and got into T2.

Sharpshooter (level 45 MSQ in Anikka): way behind the curve since this is my "play through continents manually and get makokos and ignea tokens as rapports permit" completionist character. It's also a loving hoot just blowing up ghosts with landmines and spinning around throwing daggers before raining arrows everywhere (seriously A+ sound design). The hawk is very satisfying as a class specific mechanic and the uptime with Loyal Companion and a purple wealth rune on my gauge generation skill means it's up way more often than not, so it's basically a 9th and 10th skill to hit often too. Really underappreciated but satisfying class - looking forward to hitting 50 and express passing with it before I go and actually do arthetine properly and also finish Vern and Shushire logs too. I could see this being a main longterm.

Glaivier: it's gonna get Feiton powerpassed but I'm prioritizing SS for Hyper Express first.

Gunslinger: got to prideholme, realized I don't want that much stance dancing, rerolled to Glaivier.

Also have a Sorceress (may reroll to Arcana), an undefined Assassin (not sure, won't be reaper) and a undefined Warrior (not sure, may fully reroll to another base class down the road) sitting there as name reservations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks for all the class thoughts and advice, some interesting stuff. My main take away is not to sweat it too much as I'll get to try them all in the long run.

I've ruled out berserker because I watched a streamer play a lot of it. It does look fun but probably later on after I check out destroyer, since I'll only want to do one of those.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

bagrada posted:

Anyone care to talk about what classes they are enjoying and which they aren't at this stage of the game?

My main and favorite class right now is the igniter sorceress. The entire build revolves around landing 3 big skills which make up the majority of your damage. The entire rotation is building up your meter with your biggest meter building skill then popping igniter and dropping all your skills in the buff window. Early on it struggles compared to reflux because of long casting times. You probably don't have all-out-attack engraving for the faster casting. You also don't have the specialization and tripods for more meter building on your filler skills. But as soon as you hit T3 the build comes along and it really spikes in power. If you can land your skills reliably, you'll most likely be walking away with MVP. You'll also see massive giant crit numbers on your screen if that's your thing. Sorceress can mostly stand at range and rarely need to go into melee making it a pretty safe class to play.

The downside of the class is because it relies heavily on 3 skills during a small buff window, if you don't land your skills, your damage will be awful. It hurts whenever you see the boss side hop slightly and you miss your doomsday meteor. Your skills also have a long casting animation. You're able to cancel skills at anytime during the cast time but once the cast goes off, your stuck in animation. That means if the boss is using an attack and you're in the animation, you can spam the spacebar furiously but that move is going to hit you. Igniter sorceress is a class that gets stronger the more you know about the boss. In landing skills and avoiding getting stuck in animation lock.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

bagrada posted:

My class experience so far:

Deadeye (T3)
Pros-
Very active and unique: feels good to get skilled at stance dancing and nice to always have buttons to press
Very mobile thanks to having so many skill slots that you can dedicate multiple pistol skills just to be used for dodging (whereas other classes would need to sacrifice a damage skill slot to make room for a dodge skill)
Feels very simple to build: only need tier 1 of class engraving so you can get online very early
Nice to feel like both a ranged and a melee fighter, very multi-purpose
Cons-
Quite squishy, which is compounded by being very animation-locked for shotgun/rifle skills which are your main damage (get used to saving your dodge to cancel animations)
Can be annoying when you fumble stance dancing like when you're trying to get to a dodge skill on another stance in a hot spot
For max damage shotgun you need to hug the boss incredibly close which is dangerous (I just use full range tripod instead of close range tripod, I should've been a Gunslinger)
Fighting at range feels dangerous too because sometimes you can't see the boss effectively and get screwed

Paladin (T1)
Pros-
Unique role of healer/support - different perspective on party fights, always wanted in a party
Very flashy and cool effects, despite just using healing skills
Can easily have a second build to use fun sword skills for chaos dungeons and soloing
Cons-
Ended up dropping this for now - felt like no matter how hard I try to shield my party skillfully, it doesn't help when they just keep getting hit by every single attack, and when they can't pass a stagger check and get one-shot anyway
Annoying that main heal is relegated to requiring a full bar (and without full lv3 blessed aura engraving, feels pathetic), and your shield heal tripod adds an extra long cooldown to an already long cooldown so you really gotta time your shields and don't blow it
If your party isn't bringing the DPS or stagger or destruction, it just feels hopeless since you can't contribute to those aspects: it's all up to your party, and if you're matchmaking, it's a roulette spin not in your favor (maybe changes in later tiers or as game goes on and competency rises?)

Gunlancer (T3)
Pros-
Very unique class due to shield ability and backhop dodge
Tanky as hell due to shield, both for main ability and as tripod for skills like shield charge : can straight up ignore mechanics
Super multirole support - has shield skill that can shield the entire party and cure ailments, has taunt ability that can cancel boss mechanics and keep focus, easy counters, contributes incredible stagger for both builds (and incredible destruction, if red build)
Can drag team to victory by being last man surviving
Cons-
Feels like very low damage despite incredible uptime
Feels very slow and clunky - weird backhop, switching shield on/off can be annoying
Blue build can feel a bit too easy and boring at times, can learn bad habits by just shielding through everything
Red build can feel pointless, too many penalties (terrible shield, very feast/famine with too much pressure on landing high-cooldown abilities and hoping you don't miss the boss and get crit) without much gain (lots of destruction)
Bash is the worst goddamn ability in the game with the worst hitbox ever, unfortunately it is required for theoretical best build (I use shield bash instead)

Scrapper (T1)
Pros-
Very active, mobile, and powerful, especially with Taijutsu build: always have powerful yet low-cooldown buttons to push, and tons of moves that double as gap-closers/dodges
Tons of stagger, tons of destruction, can always do those checks without a problem
Fancy two-part dodge dash: do just one dash to save cooldown or do two dashes in a pinch
Cons-
Shock build can feel annoying at times: too many abilities that have too much windup or animation lock and without as much stagger/destruction as Taijutsu (and you're stuck as this until you can get Taijustu engraving)
Can be annoying to have to feel forced to always use gap-closer ability to buff your damage and then cram in as many skills during buff window (but it's low cooldown so very forgiving)
Taijutsu build gets rid of class identity of interesting push/pull yellow/green mana management (this could be a pro for some though)

Glaivier (T1)
Pros-
Feels very jack of all trades and balanced - unique and fun stance dance ability, rare parry ability, decent stagger, quick and mobile due to stance buffs and can fit on extra dodge skills since you have two skill bars, always have buttons to push, not much animation lock at all, actual viable skill alternatives to pick and choose for own personal build without gimping oneself
It's like Dynasty Warriors meets a Final Fantasy dragoon, super cool aesthetic and effects
Stance buffs and tripods just give you tons of stats and guaranteed crits so you practically don't even need extra engravings to get online (apart from class engraving, of course)
Cons-
Stance dancing can get you in a pattern that doesn't always work out - gotta do everything within stance buff windows, but boss won't always play by your timetable
Can be awkward and feel bad if you are forced to stance change before full just to access block/dodge ability, wasting buff opportunity
Not as much stagger/destruction as I'd like to be a true jack of all trades

Right now I'm deciding between Scrapper and Glaivier to be my third alt - who gets the powerpass? Tempting to also use it on paladin in the hopes that parties are better in later tiers and therefore feel not feel so hopeless playing a support (I think Gunlancer is the superior support anyway).

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 25, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FutureCop posted:

Feels like very low damage despite incredible uptime
Bash is the worst goddamn ability in the game with the worst hitbox ever, unfortunately it is required for theoretical best build (I use shield bash instead)

These two statements are directly connected. Gunlancer damage is not low, but if you choose to avoid one of the most important skills it certainly will be.

EDIT: Also every blue build should be using Bash and Shield Bash so you should never have to make a choice between those. If you're having troubles landing bash you can take a small damage hit and use Shield Bash first to ensure you're point blank on the boss before using Bash.

The Ready Attack tripod on Bash is 100% required for getting good damage out of Gunlancer, your entire rotation is based around this buff window.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 25, 2022

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Cinara posted:

These two statements are directly connected. Gunlancer damage is not low, but if you choose to avoid one of the most important skills it certainly will be.

EDIT: Also every blue build should be using Bash and Shield Bash so you should never have to make a choice between those. If you're having troubles landing bash you can take a small damage hit and use Shield Bash first to ensure you're point blank on the boss before using Bash.

The Ready Attack tripod on Bash is 100% required for getting good damage out of Gunlancer, your entire rotation is based around this buff window.

But I haaaaaaaaate itttttttttt-no you're right, and I'm trying to get used to it now. For the longest time I had a build where I had replaced the traditional Bash with Surge Cannon instead (to bring in more destruction so people can finally cut Nacrasena's drat tail off), relegating Shield Bash to pick up the slack with the armor debuff (but no Ready Attack tripod like you say, so I tried to use the Dash Upper Fire tripod to make up). Wish Bash had the third tripod with the expanded AOE effect by default.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So I haven't played much and was saving my power pass for when Striker/Droneboi comes out, but launched it yesterday and decided I like the Glavier enough I was going to PP it just to say gently caress it and finally have a 50. It's gone.

Rip me. At least the gring isn't awful I suppose.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

FutureCop posted:

Right now I'm deciding between Scrapper and Glaivier to be my third alt - who gets the powerpass? Tempting to also use it on paladin in the hopes that parties are better in later tiers and therefore feel not feel so hopeless playing a support (I think Gunlancer is the superior support anyway).

I main paladin and it really isn't that bad at stagger and destruction if you squeeze in Punishment and take the right tripods.

Executor's Sword and Punishment as a one two feels pretty good during stagger checks. You do have to play careful that Executor's Sword isn't on cooldown during the important timings but it's not really any worse than playing Sorceress and needing Punishing Strike.

Glaivier seems pretty good and I kinda want to Feiton PP it but I'm also not sure if I want to use it on a bard or deathblade instead.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Thronde posted:

So I haven't played much and was saving my power pass for when Striker/Droneboi comes out, but launched it yesterday and decided I like the Glavier enough I was going to PP it just to say gently caress it and finally have a 50. It's gone.

? If you don't even have a level 50 at all you can't use any of the power passes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FutureCop posted:

My class experience so far:

Paladin (T1)
If your party isn't bringing the DPS or stagger or destruction, it just feels hopeless since you can't contribute to those aspects: it's all up to your party, and if you're matchmaking, it's a roulette spin not in your favor (maybe changes in later tiers or as game goes on and competency rises?)

Paladins can absolutely contribute a lot to stagger checks. Executor's sword, Holy Sword and Punishment.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thronde posted:

Cinara posted:

? If you don't even have a level 50 at all you can't use any of the power passes.

Yeah it has the big power pass button on your character roster screen from the time you first pick up the game, but if you actually click it it won't work. The first actual power pass will be a ticket you get in the mail after you finish the first bout of Vern questing for the elf queen, probably long after you get your first 50.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Paladins can absolutely contribute a lot to stagger checks. Executor's sword, Holy Sword and Punishment.

WarpedLichen posted:

I main paladin and it really isn't that bad at stagger and destruction if you squeeze in Punishment and take the right tripods.

Executor's Sword and Punishment as a one two feels pretty good during stagger checks. You do have to play careful that Executor's Sword isn't on cooldown during the important timings but it's not really any worse than playing Sorceress and needing Punishing Strike.

Glaivier seems pretty good and I kinda want to Feiton PP it but I'm also not sure if I want to use it on a bard or deathblade instead.

I think you're right in that they can provide some stuff to stagger checks: it's definitely me just being disillusioned by getting used to parties where I dump all my stagger and then we wipe away because nobody else provides enough, and it just feels much less than if I played Gunlancer or Scrapper where they can practically solo the stagger check, but maybe that's getting too used to extremes. Surprised to see that a lot of people seem to be taking Punishment: I always wanted to take it, but felt like I was gimping my support abilities by veering away from the traditional build (you already saw me screwing myself by veering away from the traditional Gunlancer build haha). What do you get rid of to take Punishment anyway? Godsent Law? Charge?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I wouldn’t drop anything for punishment — all the other skills are pretty much mandatory. I just bring WW bombs by default because I’m used to having to deal with that poo poo myself.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm really glad that this is one of those issues I'm too Gunlancer to understand.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FutureCop posted:

I think you're right in that they can provide some stuff to stagger checks: it's definitely me just being disillusioned by getting used to parties where I dump all my stagger and then we wipe away because nobody else provides enough, and it just feels much less than if I played Gunlancer or Scrapper where they can practically solo the stagger check, but maybe that's getting too used to extremes. Surprised to see that a lot of people seem to be taking Punishment: I always wanted to take it, but felt like I was gimping my support abilities by veering away from the traditional build (you already saw me screwing myself by veering away from the traditional Gunlancer build haha). What do you get rid of to take Punishment anyway? Godsent Law? Charge?

imo Charge is the pick to swap for things. I like having Godsent around to save people from death or just tank mechanics.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i absolutely love my sorc and bard. sorc is definitely easy mode, so playing reflux. bard is a little more challenging, mostly because i’m very used to the mobility of reflux sorc and have never really been into healing. i really like bard healing though and how it adds an extra layer of complexity i haven’t really had with my sorc.

i’m really sad about soulfist. i love playing them out in the world, questing and whatever. but i HATE doing anything else at end game. just a bummer because i really love the animations, but the awakening is so punishing.

i’ve tried a few other classes, but it’s really hard for me to keep up with more than two characters.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

bagrada posted:

Yeah it has the big power pass button on your character roster screen from the time you first pick up the game, but if you actually click it it won't work. The first actual power pass will be a ticket you get in the mail after you finish the first bout of Vern questing for the elf queen, probably long after you get your first 50.

Oh, odd. It gave the option before. Gonna write that off as a bug. Thanks goons.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

imo Charge is the pick to swap for things. I like having Godsent around to save people from death or just tank mechanics.

I personally got rid of Godsent because it's long CD and hard to land at the right times. The damage is pretty crap too.

I don't get why the meta build emphasizes max dps on everybody and then tells Paladin to take that skill. Charge is also pretty forgettable but moving faster between encounters is nice.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Because Godsent Law has nothing to do with damage?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

WarpedLichen posted:

I personally got rid of Godsent because it's long CD and hard to land at the right times. The damage is pretty crap too.

I don't get why the meta build emphasizes max dps on everybody and then tells Paladin to take that skill. Charge is also pretty forgettable but moving faster between encounters is nice.

you are taking the shield and 70% damage resist tripods…right? paladin is strictly a support (for group content) and any damage is incidental to some other affect. charge is great for positioning and once you’ve got enough points you get a personal shield as well.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Hefty posted:

you are taking the shield and 70% damage resist tripods…right? paladin is strictly a support (for group content) and any damage is incidental to some other affect. charge is great for positioning and once you’ve got enough points you get a personal shield as well.

Yeah but you basically have to be free and ready to shield a dude right when he takes a big hit. You can't really cast it below a boss for dps because the DR only lasts for a second and people should be avoiding hits entirely. Not to mention most of the time somebody needs it you're also dodging poo poo so standing still to save somebody else will just get you killed. It just feels bad to use most of the time for the maybe 1% chance you can actually use it for something cool.

Maybe some later fights will have mechanics more suited for it or maybe I'm just not good enough, but I'm not a fan at all.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Paladin mandatory:

• Light shock - 7 points: swift fingers and lights vestige. 1 button on a low cooldown for debuff
  • Wrath of God - 10 points: aoe, faith and express fury. Damage buff rotation and meter builder.
  • Heavenly Blessings - 10 points: Faith, Valor and absolute blessings. Damage buff rotation, meter builder and mana regen. Until your average pug definitely has good runes the mana will help the spammy classes alot.
  • Holy Protection - 10 points: Robust protection (unless boss requires cleanse), vow of light. Your heal.

And the rest of my bar:

Executioner's sword for counter (only the first swing), stagger and weak point.

Holy sword for ranged counter (propulsion, outburst of light, release light. Each tick of release light is a counter, ridiculously easy to land), stagger and some damage.

Charge and godsent law. These 2 are up in the air for me. When your swiftness/movespeed is high I barely need to dodge and honestly forget to use charge most of the time.
Godsent law in theory is amazing but I'm usually doing rotations the second my team could have used the emergency damage reduction.
Might swap for punishment and light of judgement for more stagger and meter build respectively.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero

WarpedLichen posted:

Yeah but you basically have to be free and ready to shield a dude right when he takes a big hit. You can't really cast it below a boss for dps because the DR only lasts for a second and people should be avoiding hits entirely. Not to mention most of the time somebody needs it you're also dodging poo poo so standing still to save somebody else will just get you killed. It just feels bad to use most of the time for the maybe 1% chance you can actually use it for something cool.

Maybe some later fights will have mechanics more suited for it or maybe I'm just not good enough, but I'm not a fan at all.

Don't forget there is also a 5+ seconds shield with 10% of max hp. I do agree it can be akward to use though, but I like it in fights like for example Argos.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

WarpedLichen posted:

You're supposed to cast it to give everyone a damage buff, the soak is so your party can ignore dodging the regular attacks while dropping their nukes.

I don't think there are many fights with telegraphed big hits that your party will be deliberately standing in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarpedLichen posted:

The Grace tripod that applies the -70% damage taken buff for 1 sec refreshes continuously while you are in the area so you get 4s of the effect while standing in it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Man I was holding out hope they'd let you fix the Hyper Express if you picked the wrong character but it appears they're just going to let us dipshits wallow in our own stupidity.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Oh man, word of warning: be careful if you decide to ever try out Spirit Absorption Lv3 on your character, because once you taste it, you'll never want to take it off and will immediately find a way to apply it to all of your characters. I know I should be putting Grudge or Adrenaline or whatever on, but I just can't stand losing all the positives that come with faster speed in general. Spirit Absorption! Simply walk out of the way of attacks you used to have to spend a dodge on! Enjoy faster charges and lower attack animation commitment which leads to being able to stuff in even more attacks or being able to dart easily out of enemy retaliation! Blaze through the open world with faster than ever traversal speed! The possibilities are limitless! I know it's not technically more raw DPS like other engravings, but I think it technically adds a lot through its freedom. I used to run Heavy Armor for survivability but with Spirit Absorption, I'm so fast I'm never in the way of danger in the first place and can attack so much more.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Can anyone please confirm when this "week" resets for the battle pass left side goals? I think it was at 3 days when I checked two or three days ago but I forgot to look last night. I've been plowing through shushire trying to get my first set of gear before I do stuff like abyssals or guardian raids but I do want to try to get some of the battle pass stuff done before reset if I can.

I might have to hop on early and go hard tonight after work if there's still time.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I was playing glaivier and it’s pretty dang fun. Really happy I sold all my T1 tradable honing mats back in the day as much as I did because now they’re 1g per. Chaos dungeons near launch paid for all my knowledge transfers and 3000 blue gems.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

Can anyone please confirm when this "week" resets for the battle pass left side goals? I think it was at 3 days when I checked two or three days ago but I forgot to look last night. I've been plowing through shushire trying to get my first set of gear before I do stuff like abyssals or guardian raids but I do want to try to get some of the battle pass stuff done before reset if I can.

I might have to hop on early and go hard tonight after work if there's still time.
It should reset Thursday morning during maintenance.

Ark pass lasts so long, a few months, that I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the rewards are best claimed in T3, too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 26, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Khorne posted:

It should reset Thursday morning during maintenance.

Awesome, thanks. I might be able to squeeze in some of the weekly stuff I've been avoiding until I get my shushire gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my 2nd character to tier 3 (sorc)! Now to suffer through the story quests again. Then to do it AGAIN for my Glaiver.