Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Medenmath posted:

Quest complete! :toot:

:rip: that dude, sucks to be an NPC in Val's world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I Really Hope That Dead Headmaster's Family Wins The Negligence Suit Against ACME Windshields

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh! that's the bird's far wing in shadow. The bird does NOT have a spikey haircut.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Oh! that's the bird's far wing in shadow. The bird does NOT have a spikey haircut.

Disagree. Bird has a spiky haircut.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TegneHanne

L-Innsikt

M

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Mind of Mrs. Drake

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alhazred posted:

L-Innsikt

I finally placed what this artstyle reminds me of. It's those illustrations done on the cheap for Wikihow.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne

Goddamnit, Norwegian baby I said stay SAFE

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think a parent's fear of jobs you can do without a degree rings true. As does that fear being unfounded.

Yeah, mom's getting twitchy about the difference between a salary and an hourly wage.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (July 24, 1934)

Peanuts (April 28, 1975)

Wait, Whaddya MEAN This poo poo Isn't Over?

It's an ill omen when Crankshaft has more words in it than Sally Forth.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 24, 1938)

Out Our Way (September 1-3, 1938)

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

This looks better than usual.

Mary Worth

Do you think Ian had the beard in college?

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

"Oh, no not at all! No no no no...well yes."

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Huxley posted:

A+J Catchup

:allears:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

This looks better than usual.

You save a lot of time for art if you just give up on the writing! This is the stupidest god drat scene plotting in the world.

is the lumber mill and a forest fire outside their scenic villa

"Mark and the Bros arrive" did they literally drive to the lumber mill to look at the fire physically, immediately after the scene in which the bros were on a cell phone being told the mill was on fire, where any sane person would call 911 and give an address. did they.. NOT BELIEVE THE CALLER? did they drive closer to an out of control forest fire to ramp up their odds of dying? Mark seems convinced of the danger!

this is like a super-meta self aware joke where somebody starts a sentence, insists on driving to the destination, is dead silent for 20 minutes and then finishes their thought aware that they're on camera in the new scene. this is an American Dad joke, joining the Family Guy joke played straight in the first arc

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Credit where it's due. A person in real life who put on a costume to dispense vigilante justice in his town at night would be a total loving weirdo and Rex Morgan is capturing that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You have a room with a door.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I wish I could unsee Bernice's O-face in the last panel

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Luann trying to be racy is like a pug trying to fly

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Some Guy TT posted:

Wow, that's a heck of a contrast. I can see why I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, since the cartoony style naturally lends itself to sloppiness. But even before then I definitely noticed how "Mark Trail - Nature Guy on Social Media" was a much clearer aspect of the premise early on while now it's just...I have no idea what Mark or anyone else even does for an actual job anymore.

I only skim Rip Haywire in this thread, and I feel like that gives pretty much the same experience as actually paying attention to the new Mark Trail. There's a square-jawed guy, various incompetent and vague villains, stakes that wobble between low and utterly incomprehensible, ancillary female characters, a LOT of ENTHUSIASTIC TEXT, and apparently pancakes are funny?

Maybe that's how Jules is writing Mark Trail; every now and again, a child who sort of remembers what's going on in Rip Haywire shows up and tells her about it for fifteen minutes straight, she pops in a few punny nature-themed names, and the "story" is set for the next month.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Night Visitors

Monya the Grey

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Monya :qq:

I am also on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the weird cigs do to beefy beefcake bar lady

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Green Intern posted:

You expect her to be in a room with a boy while the door's closed like some common harlot?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Monya's hair is just normal hair, right? She doesn't need it to live or anything? :ohdear:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

davidspackage posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that thought

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Hwurmp posted:

Monya's hair is just normal hair, right? She doesn't need it to live or anything? :ohdear:
In general, I think I'm going to try to avoid responding to speculation over the next few weeks as Monya ramps up to its conclusion, but can confirm: Monya's hair is non-magical.

Giant Ethicist fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 25, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

davidspackage posted:

That's a lot classier than the BJ joke I was going to make.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Green Intern posted:

I forget who is was that said that Luann was written as if college were just Middle School +2 but this is some extremely middle school drama.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

I forget who is was that said that Luann was written as if college were just Middle School +2 but this is some extremely middle school drama.

Like, she's an adult. These aren't even her parents coming home. So who the hell cares if she has a boyfriend? (Or even just a boy she likes to make out with but who isn't officially a boyfriend.) Certainly you wouldn't want to come home and find your tenant loving somebody on the couch in a common area, but kissing? The only reason any of the DeGroots should possibly care is that Luann is allegedly Bernice's best friend, yet she has kept this relationship a secret this whole time. That would hurt some feelings. But morally? Snore.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

gently caress that FOOB parents. "Oh we kicked you out and realized an hour later that was bad form. We won't apologize though, you're still a deviant!"

Lawrence, in a good world, would have been found by Dustin. Dustin takes him off to the Tinkersons, who have room for two lost and abused boys. Dustin gets a job at the lightbulb factory, and everything works out great.

Oh and Lawrence goes to work for the Safe Havens lab, and gets the fucker shut down because of all the ethics violations.
Put this on the fridge next to my 'Bootsie's great-uncle broke Everett True's spine in half for being a shithead during the Great Depression' fanfic.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Just hint that you might not go after all. I’m sure your mom will suddenly find a few bucks you can have.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1518746250803224576

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "176 - Jucika And The Reporter"

"177 - Jucika At An Outdoor Performance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork