Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

learnincurve posted:

it's your shoehorn

This is a disability carer thing, diagnosing shoes, coats, elbow and knee holes is part of our skillset.

I don’t like this information because it means I have to go through more trouble when putting shoes on, but on the other hand it might save me some money, so thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
But on the plus side you don’t have a knee or hip issue effecting your walk that will creep up on you in old age, so that’s one for the win column.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
New Salomon shoes, because I wear out the soles too fast because I'm a fatty

New shades to replace the ones my girlfriend gave me for my 40th birthday and I managed to lose

Not pictured, new engine mounts for my Honda Accord Type R.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

evobatman posted:

New Salomon shoes, because I wear out the soles too fast because I'm a fatty

New shades to replace the ones my girlfriend gave me for my 40th birthday and I managed to lose

Not pictured, new engine mounts for my Honda Accord Type R.

Here King, got you something to help you in your travels:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

Here King, got you something to help you in your travels:

Wearing these in public would most certainly be less shameful than having to tell the person you love and who for some reason loves you back that you lost the expensive thing you've been wanting for a long time and they got you as a present for your once in a lifetime special day :(

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Found a fashion grail at the flea market

Also bought a t shirt with a very low res crunchy jpeg of Danny Trejo and some Little Shop of Horrors trading cards

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought a sliding miter saw.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

His Divine Shadow posted:

sliding miter saw.

I recently spent ~2 months making some updates and repairs to our house so we could sell it. My sliding miter saw was by far the most used tool during that time: LVT flooring install (lots of sawing!), framing fixes, replacing trim everywhere, etc.
Good purchase.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Coffee And Pie posted:

Found a fashion grail at the flea market

Also bought a t shirt with a very low res crunchy jpeg of Danny Trejo and some Little Shop of Horrors trading cards

Holy poo poo, that's like a $1200 jacket, a 20th century fashion icon too. And it's my size. I'm insanely jealous.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Best $350 i ever spent. 9 week old lab retriever/border collie mix. Already peed in my kitchen.

Also, I've spent an obscene amount of money transitioning from a life hopping from airbnbs and owning nothing, to having a place I'm gonna stay, so I'm gonna dump a whole bunch of stuff here cause no one else but you nerds cares.

Luna Z-1 Enduro emtb

New standing desk, studio monitor speakers and piano to start making terrible music again.

A whole bunch of ryobi power tools because I made the mistake of buying some lawn equipment from them and now I'm in the system.

Updated my monitor with a 32" 1440p

Also, not pictured: A stupidly overpriced house rental, a DJI Mavic Air 2s, Oculus Quest 2, furniture/electronics for the house, Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera with a big ol 24-200 lens on it to take photos of mountains.

Fuckin' antidepressants, stop pulling me out of a 10 year slump and making me like doing things again, its expensive.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh my god that puppy’s face and belly.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rolo posted:

Oh my god that puppy’s face and belly.

dogs RULE

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I have a dog like that! Add about six years though.

Last month I bought him a knee surgery and he’s on limited activity for 7 more weeks at least :saddowns:. I’ve bought LOTS of dog tranquilizers…

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
2x Dell - S2721DGF 27"

I have one already, I'm going to see if I like 3 of these better than my 34" ultrawide and one 27" in vertical orientation. Like motorcycles and bicycles, it seems to be an N+1 problem.

Other things to make it work:

New appliances:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What are the straps for the PC case for? So you can wear it like a backpack?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Frees your arms for carrying her printer

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

These are worth something? I think I have at least two of them stuffed in an old trunk somewhere. I was saving them to break down for the leather.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Dicty Bojangles posted:

Frees your arms for carrying her printer

Nice.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

shipwrek posted:

These are worth something? I think I have at least two of them stuffed in an old trunk somewhere. I was saving them to break down for the leather.

Old Schott Perfectos? Easily hundreds of dollars if they're in decent shape.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ddiddles posted:

New standing desk, studio monitor speakers and piano to start making terrible music again.

Going to need a better photo of that Telecaster.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Probably a mount for an adjustable standing desk.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Joburg posted:

I have a dog like that! Add about six years though.

Last month I bought him a knee surgery and he’s on limited activity for 7 more weeks at least :saddowns:. I’ve bought LOTS of dog tranquilizers…

That is a very good dog

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

A new TV to replace my burnt-in plasma and some lights to go behind it.

It comes with a camera so it reacts to whatever is on TV.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

It's a wall mount, I guess the straps just keep it from falling out when I undoubtedly smack my knees on it at an inopportune time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
New shorts for the gym.

Unlike my older ones, these are 5" to show off the progress on my quads!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Military fetish fashion is gross.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

djfooboo posted:

Huh?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

djfooboo posted:

Lmao they're gym shorts my dude, give your balls a tug (cause you'll need to in shorts that small)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t see them as camo really? Plus it’s gym clothes. Plus who cares anyways.

When I shop for exercise clothes I go for function followed by the ugliest colors I can find :ducksiren:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

I don’t see them as camo really?

Well, the first two 100% are, so I guess they're working?

e: Oh I just noticed the logo. They're cop shorts lmao.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What’s cop shorts

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you wear a skull you're a cop. That's the law. And if anyone asks you if you're wearing a skull somewhere, you have to tell them. I don't make the rules.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like this one

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

I like this one

Canary? More like Canaris. (Also skeletals aren't skulls even though they have skulls. For instance a BORN TO poo poo FORCED TO WIPE shirt isn't for cops.)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you wear a skull you're a cop. That's the law. And if anyone asks you if you're wearing a skull somewhere, you have to tell them. I don't make the rules.

But op you carry a skull around everywhere. Hell, I do too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Android Apocalypse posted:

New shorts for the gym.

I just channelled my own grandmother and gasped with a "oh no it's going to make it look like he's wet himself"

I'm not trying to shame, just fair warning.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

One shirt for fun, one to get me uninvited from family events. You decide which is which!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lmao

cYn
Apr 1, 2008
Got myself some original Judge Dredd comic pages from Staz Johnson and PJ Holden, because I'm a nerd and I finally have the resources. When I was a kid growing up they didn't even sell Dredd or 2000AD in my lovely country so it was pretty hard to come by. I live in the UK now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

cYn posted:

I live in the UK now.

Thoughts and prayers on your misfortune OP.