Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Mullets are back in style, I think now would be the perfect time to get Frasier season 1 hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mullets are back in style

this can't be true

someone please tell me this isn't true

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It is extremely true. The high school kids working at my local grocery store are all rocking them unironically.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Every fashion comes around, eventually. It's all cyclical. I was too young to experience the first round of mullet popularity, and I'm honestly probably too old to get into it this time, but I'm doing it anyway. At worst it'll be something I can laugh about when looking at old pictures.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth are in the new HBO show about Julia child.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

MarcusSA posted:

David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth are in the new HBO show about Julia child.

I skim-read this as David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth having a child together, and thought it was the most remarkable bit of news in this thread's history.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rascar Capac posted:

I skim-read this as David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth having a child together, and thought it was the most remarkable bit of news in this thread's history.

lol it’s 2022 so anything is possible at this point.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I think Bebe might want to consider her options

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Niles and Lilith couldn't have a kid, there was never an episode where they were intimate. Ever. Didn't happen.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/okjonblair/status/1514678421216972800?t=wSN4PSWJMXc5P_9nj1-i2g&s=19

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Niles and Lilith couldn't have a kid, there was never an episode where they were intimate. Ever. Didn't happen.

Maybe it's not that Niles.

Maybe it's... Island Niles.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Unplanned it happened, and I must say...

It's kinda sad (honestly) that at the 3min plus 30-some odd seconds into the series, Frasier is happily playing the piano, the doorbell rings, and the tragedy begins. Well done KG, perfectly acted as if you knew the eleven seasons to come.

And oh dear gently caress Bebe shows up on disc2. It's going to be a long weekend.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This was definitely done by true fans of the show

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

This was definitely done by true fans of the show

It's one of the best things posted in the thread.

I've been watching that other great 90's show, The X Files, and Bebe's actor turns up as a clone in the first season episode Eve. She is similarly mad.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ho Lee poo poo

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

It's one of the best things posted in the thread.

I've been watching that other great 90's show, The X Files, and Bebe's actor turns up as a clone in the first season episode Eve. She is similarly mad.

Did you know the band Eve 6 is named after that episode?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I was punched in the face…..by a man now dead!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I haven't watched it enough to know favorites by name, but I did remember The episode where Diane comes back as being low on the list. There is, however, a wonderful scene where Frasier arrives at the coffee shop, sits down with Niles, and proceeds to have a one-sided conversation for a minute before leaving.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You'd think Frasier would be a bit less approving of Niles and Daphne's ultimate elopement considering what Diane did to him, and how it's shown to be something that he's justifiably upset and traumatised over.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You'd think Frasier would be a bit less approving of Niles and Daphne's ultimate elopement considering what Diane did to him, and how it's shown to be something that he's justifiably upset and traumatised over.

My head canon is that Niles and Daphne winding up together is so weird it's actually a branching alternate reality, one where Diane probably never ditched Frasier at the altar

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I haven't watched it enough to know favorites by name, but I did remember The episode where Diane comes back as being low on the list. There is, however, a wonderful scene where Frasier arrives at the coffee shop, sits down with Niles, and proceeds to have a one-sided conversation for a minute before leaving.

It was also pretty funny to watch Diane's version of Cheers, assuming you were familiar enough with the show to get it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

My head canon is that Niles and Daphne winding up together is so weird it's actually a branching alternate reality, one where Diane probably never ditched Frasier at the altar

Pretty sure it's mentioned more than once. Definitely in the episode where Frasier's exes appear as visions.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well, first of all, it's all Frasier's fault, in ways more than one. But he also watched Niles be very unhappy with Maris for a long time, and while obviously Niles's infatuation was played for laughs for years, Frasier does seem to care about his brother deeply and wants him to be happy. The exchange they have in the episode where Niles and Lilith (!) have a one-night stand is pretty good, Niles asks if they're "OK" and Frasier responds "No, but we will be."

It's very ends justify the means, I guess, but that's not very out of character for Frasier, who does behave very self-centeredly a lot of the time.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

It was also pretty funny to watch Diane's version of Cheers, assuming you were familiar enough with the show to get it

I've never seen Cheers, though I always intend to watch it at some point. But I think I got it. I mean the Frasier parts of it and his reactions alone make the scene

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Coach (not the show) is the best, just started a rewatch of Cheers after Fraiser as my background show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rappaport posted:

Well, first of all, it's all Frasier's fault, in ways more than one. But he also watched Niles be very unhappy with Maris for a long time, and while obviously Niles's infatuation was played for laughs for years, Frasier does seem to care about his brother deeply and wants him to be happy. The exchange they have in the episode where Niles and Lilith (!) have a one-night stand is pretty good, Niles asks if they're "OK" and Frasier responds "No, but we will be."

It's very ends justify the means, I guess, but that's not very out of character for Frasier, who does behave very self-centeredly a lot of the time.

Makes sense, there. And I don't think Frasier is personally particularly fond of either's fiance at that point either.

The Niles and Lillith one is gold. I do like the almost theatre-style episodes that take place almost entirely in one set.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Cheers is a fantastic show and it will recontextualize all the episodes where a cheers patron shows up in Frasier.
But forever you'll be wondering why didn't Frasier simply spit in Diane's face when she slimed her way to Seattle

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
And without expecting it, not knowing the episodes, only my third time through... Buttons and Bows!

ps "Don't you dare gloat you miserable little biscuit whore."

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 29, 2022

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Just rewatched the episode where they go to night school for mechanics. It's after the "golden age" but definitely a low-key underrated classic. I wish I could find the scene on YouTube where they goof off in class and pass notes to each other, it's golden. "Does anybody here read French?" *Frasier slowly raises hand* "Anyone besides Frasier?" *Niles' hand shoots up*

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 29, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hate that episode ha daily for the two suits being idiots.

Usually the writers can pull off something better but the episode scenes in the class became really uncomfortable with the undercurrent of "LOL stupid people work" and "gently caress this I'll pay a guy at the BMW shop to do it"

It's especially weird because of all the work they have to show Frasier in a ratty sweatshirt lounging drinking the occasional beer to everyman him up.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
IDG how you could possibly watch that episode and not see it as Frasier & Niles getting totally owned by the blue collar folks

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/chadpencil/status/1520474260548075521?t=ourHXwhUVCu0yU2jveWEMg&s=19

Blue collar folks love it

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I know this is an unpopular opinion but seriously, gently caress Daphne. Her cockney voice is so grating it ruins the show every time she opens her mouth.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Daphne annoys British people so she’s good actually

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Yaldabaoth posted:

I know this is an unpopular opinion but seriously, gently caress Daphne. Her cockney voice is so grating it ruins the show every time she opens her mouth.

She's not supposed to be cockney, it's supposed to be Mancunian. As a Mancunian, she may as well be from the moon.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

There you go.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

As a Mancunian, she may as well be from the moon.

Poke Chop
Apr 27, 2008
She is a wee bit psychic, dont you know?

Did they gradually tone down Daphne's visions and loopyness, or did her personality change all at once? It seems like after she gets together with niles she stops talking about aliens and premonitions. It all turns to stories about her abusive childhood.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol mancunian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

boombox