Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (November 10-12, 1921)

Toonerville Folks (February 6-8, 1919)

Dok's Politico Cruse (February 1, 1914)

Little Lefty (June 11-14, 1936)

Blondie (From Zero) (December 17-19, 1931)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton, Flyin' Jenny, and The Shadow Feb. 3-5, 1941

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 19, 2000)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

Support Adam's Patreon here.

btw, breaking up my pattern of unnoticed lazy edits, I just want to say: when I saw this strip on the Patreon, I was absolutely rapt (b/c Lula is the best) and have been patiently waiting to show it to others ever since. :allears:

also, since I have a downloaded archive of the pseudonymous Jean Floche's "The Creeps" and it came up recently, I was thinking of starting to post it (despite the files having no dates attached) but there is the issue of how I only check the thread every other day...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doomykins posted:

You save a lot of time for art if you just give up on the writing! This is the stupidest god drat scene plotting in the world.

is the lumber mill and a forest fire outside their scenic villa

"Mark and the Bros arrive" did they literally drive to the lumber mill to look at the fire physically, immediately after the scene in which the bros were on a cell phone being told the mill was on fire, where any sane person would call 911 and give an address. did they.. NOT BELIEVE THE CALLER? did they drive closer to an out of control forest fire to ramp up their odds of dying? Mark seems convinced of the danger!

this is like a super-meta self aware joke where somebody starts a sentence, insists on driving to the destination, is dead silent for 20 minutes and then finishes their thought aware that they're on camera in the new scene. this is an American Dad joke, joining the Family Guy joke played straight in the first arc
It's also a fire behind the building just down the hill in panel 1 and a fire somewhere in the distance in panel 2

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Dec. 10, 1950)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/25/02

Brenda Starr 8/15/48

Smokey Stover 7/20/47

"Ernie Bushmonkey," huh?

Everyday Movies 1/30/35

"The terrible thing about being down here is I can't see the good shows in New York."

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm gonna give a compliment to Big Nate. It definitely captures how a kid's drawings in class are with random labels and arrows pointing to things happening off screen. As someone who used to do this a lot on my notes growing up, that all adds up to me.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

coronatae posted:

Monya :qq:

I am also on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the weird cigs do to beefy beefcake bar lady

the bar keep is going to burst down that door and slap it out of her hand

pasting those last two panels on the final appearance of all the other major characters in the strip

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rannum posted:

pasting those last two panels on the final appearance of all the other major characters in the strip

This strip made me realize that of the 6 (other) people in our wedding party 15 years ago, 1 is my dad, 1 is in a gchat group I talk to every day, and the other 4 we haven't spoken to in years and years. Looking back and going, "boy that felt like such a momentous day but it was really just a snapshot of a moment," really makes you ... feel old. I'm too young to be this introspective, Arlo and Janis.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (July 25, 1934)

Peanuts (April 29, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean, in which it's Tuesday, the story technically ended on Sunday, but we've still got a full week of letting the air drain out ahead of us. This poo poo's got the pacing of a first-time marathon runner who skipped a lot of cardio days.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 25, 1938)

Out Our Way, in which Goldie considers the downside of loan sharking. And BOYZENDORGZ, just for old time's sake. (September 5-7, 1938)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This seems like an incredible waste of effort and resources for a single cow.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which it's Tuesday, the story technically ended on Sunday, but we've still got a full week of letting the air drain out ahead of us. This poo poo's got the pacing of a first-time marathon runner who skipped a lot of cardio days.

Was wondering about plastics that continue to exude noxious gases after untold years, but I guess the Mossman and Stinkorr toys from the 80's He-Man line still smell three decades later, so I guess it's not that far afield.

Probably still don't want it sitting unsealed in your house if it's going to make you pass out, though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

L-Innsikt

TegneHanne

M

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Looks more like a goldfish net to me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hahaha yeah us boomers are pretty tough aren't we, not like you namby pamby millenials and zoomers with your active shooter drills and your shootouts every other day or your never ending wars or the world stopping pandemic we boomers are mostly responsible for or the catastrophic climate change we're also responsible for. Yup we survived lead in gasoline and paint, we're the toughest generation

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Calaveron posted:

Hahaha yeah us boomers are pretty tough aren't we, not like you namby pamby millenials and zoomers with your active shooter drills and your shootouts every other day or your never ending wars or the world stopping pandemic we boomers are mostly responsible for or the catastrophic climate change we're also responsible for. Yup we survived lead in gasoline and paint, we're the toughest generation

And, y'know, we definitely fixed the slow poisoning of the population through industrial waste issue, haha!

:smith: Jesus, A+J, it only Tuesday

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LvK posted:

btw, breaking up my pattern of unnoticed lazy edits, I just want to say: when I saw this strip on the Patreon, I was absolutely rapt (b/c Lula is the best) and have been patiently waiting to show it to others ever since. :allears:

also, since I have a downloaded archive of the pseudonymous Jean Floche's "The Creeps" and it came up recently, I was thinking of starting to post it (despite the files having no dates attached) but there is the issue of how I only check the thread every other day...
If you don't want to post every day, don't post every day. No biggie. I'd love to see some Creeps again in here even if it's just periodically.

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne

:lol: been there.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Beavers are known for playing with matches.

Mary Worth

Yup, he had the beard.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Many years ago, a friend of mine was out drinking in Baltimore and came upon a cop on horseback. He slapped the back of the horse and yelled "YAHH!" and they arrested him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Yup, he had the beard.

Oh man, so as a student she was infatuated with her teacher! This is a great development that should've\could've happened a month ago.

And now we know it, but the strip is going to drag this out for the rest of the week.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Mind of Mrs. Drake

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

LvK posted:

No dates? What archive did you download, the files should be named in a creYYMMDD.gif pattern.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

NEITHER OF THESE PEOPLE GIVE A FLYING gently caress IF YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND, YOU LOON

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

"How do we trick others to join us in this lovely helljob, I don't see anything wrong with this"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: Some sound after all (21/1937)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

NEITHER OF THESE PEOPLE GIVE A FLYING gently caress IF YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND, YOU LOON

Can't argue with that nothing happened tho. Nothing did happen.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Before I got my cpap, I did an at-home sleep study. I had to have a canella in my nose , wear a strap around my head and have a little machine around my neck and pads on my chest, if I recall correctly. It was literally the worst night of sleep of my life. When I went back into the clinic and told them that cause I worried the results might not be accurate, they basically laughed at me and said that's normal.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

somepartsareme posted:

Before I got my cpap, I did an at-home sleep study. I had to have a canella in my nose , wear a strap around my head and have a little machine around my neck and pads on my chest, if I recall correctly. It was literally the worst night of sleep of my life. When I went back into the clinic and told them that cause I worried the results might not be accurate, they basically laughed at me and said that's normal.

Oh hey, I have one of these coming up.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mark Trail all "there aren't any fire sources nearby" like there's no possible way an industrial building could catch alight if it's not near an active volcano

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Huxley posted:

Oh hey, I have one of these coming up.

If you're not already a back sleeper try to get used to doing it beforehand. It would have probably helped me a lot.

e: Actually if you're getting a sleep study for a CPAP that's probably a horrible idea.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

I know Greg Evans has written abstinence-only sex education material but are we sure his daughter isn't actually a nun or something? Have Tony and Brad even been confirmed to have sex?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise: The Mind of Mrs. Drake

That last panel's great.

somepartsareme posted:

I just went through the whole sleep study process, had an awful night at a sleep study, did some home testing, and then was finally told that I have mild apnea and can just lose 10 lbs. It was really anticlimactic for all the trouble I went through.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 26, 2022

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

somepartsareme posted:

If you're not already a back sleeper try to get used to doing it beforehand. It would have probably helped me a lot.

e: Actually if you're getting a sleep study for a CPAP that's probably a horrible idea.

I apparently have a deeply crooked nose interior, so much so that I've been a mouth breather my entire life. My brother used to throw magazines at me growing up, now my wife just pokes me or jerks the covers. The doctor had me shoot afrin for three nights, and the first night was like flowers for algernon for my nasal clearance. If normal people are supposed to breath that way ...

Anyway, it's probably nose surgery for me. Then CPAP. Then lose 30 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When my grandfather went in for an in-clinic sleep study they woke him up after like an hour and said "You gotta go home, you can't sleep here because we're worried you'll die and we can't be liable for that"

Anyhow very excited to get my upcoming home sleep study done so I can get the C-PAP that I've definitely needed for 15 years at this point.