Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

NotJustANumber99 posted:

he should get self drive to work, finish the cyber truck and get me a holiday home on mars before whatever the hell it is he wants to do with twitter

If he uses Tesla's self-driving to get to work he won't be alive long enough for the rest of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Honestly I didn’t think there was a way Twitter could get funnier but having its success now depend on Musk’s big genius business brain and him not publicly melting down is :discourse:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Tired: Trump back on Twitter.

Wired: ARE GRAHAM back on Twitter.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I hope Graham Linehan gets his Twitter account back, and everyone else gets banned.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Cockup before conspiracy probably. A family rang into LBC and said they were in exactly that position until they got through to a human who fixed it for them.

My personal theory is that they simply don't care enough about refugees of any kind to have anything but the most bare-bones operation that is liable to make these exact kinds of cock-ups, safe in the knowledge that their voter base won't care when they happen. So combining both worlds of massive incompetence that should make them unfit for office and massive inhumanity that should make them unfit for office. con +5%

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Angepain posted:

My personal theory is that they simply don't care enough about refugees of any kind to have anything but the most bare-bones operation that is liable to make these exact kinds of cock-ups, safe in the knowledge that their voter base won't care when they happen. So combining both worlds of massive incompetence that should make them unfit for office and massive inhumanity that should make them unfit for office. con +5%

Worst of both worlds. Bare bones means putting all the effort on the applicants so it's probably dreadful to wade through even when you are not doing it in a second language and under immense stress, and there will be people within the system who detest all refugees on "principal" and would "accidentally" overlook one family member. The same people who opposed helping the Jews or used child evacuees as slave labour in WW2.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EGY-NfW4n4

If you're of an age to remember DN3D when it launched you will appreciate the amazing BUILD engine work here, as well as the very UKMT content.

Fullscreening this video for the details :allears:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Morningwoodpecker posted:

He'll return Trumps twitter privileges and use the extra clicks to prove he runs it better.

Trump has already said that he won't return to Twitter even if he gets his account back. He prefers his own echo chamber; it lacks the reach, but he doesn't need the reach any more and so would rather have zero risk of criticism or contradiction.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Bullshit, Trump would be back on twitter within 10 minutes of being unbanned.

No-one actually wants the echo chamber, none of the "conservative twitter" alternatives ever take off. They want to be on the platform that has political enemies they can publicly dunk on.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

peanut- posted:

Bullshit, Trump would be back on twitter within 10 minutes of being unbanned.

Yeah, 100%. He can’t drive the media conversation on some lovely insular platform nobody except his fellow freaks use.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/hackneyabbott/status/1518862566189109248?s=21&t=NHe03hKvxwZgJTE-4zHnfD0LVXJKT0HTiYWyI2vr-I0

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Noxville posted:

Yeah, 100%. He can’t drive the media conversation on some lovely insular platform nobody except his fellow freaks use.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/hackneyabbott/status/1518862566189109248?s=21&t=NHe03hKvxwZgJTE-4zHnfD0LVXJKT0HTiYWyI2vr-I0

He poops out of his chin

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Noxville posted:

Also, lol:

Decorum wankers are the *worst* https://twitter.com/emlynpearce/status/1518867984294502401?t=4BiEwjwd9BP0JmMuMzB05w&s=09

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/pickle_bee/status/1518719800368902144

forkboy84 posted:

He poops out of his chin
The other anus is preoccupied with his writing.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Staying on Twitter and making it worse is much funnier, cf. Yahoo, Tumblr

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

"Homo means man" could be my favourite thing anyone has ever said.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Everyone knows Homo means gay, ergo homo sapiens literally means wise gay.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

This level of panic about Twitter is kind of strange. The actual fear is that now that the whole company is owned by a single capricious weirdo, he could make bizarre decisions that ruin the platform. But I don’t understand people saying they’re going to leave immediately. Elon hasn’t done anything yet. The moral calculus of posting on Twitter hasn’t changed in the slightest, Elon Musk isn’t any better or worse than the previous super-rich shareholders of Twitter. Did people think that Twitter was a workers’ cooperative or something?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it is more that people quite reasonably expect him to do something monumentally stupid with it so they are disinvesting themselves from it emotionally.

Much like how if someone buys a tesla you should emotionally write them off as they will certainly be exploded within the year.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/tracyanno/status/1518832390000549888

Phil hosed up and didn’t get a “please retweet”.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Comrade Fakename posted:

https://twitter.com/tracyanno/status/1518832390000549888

Phil hosed up and didn’t get a “please retweet”.

So what's all this about Dr Phil -the Jew blocking- Proudfoot having a blocklist of Jewish people?

That doesn't sound right to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Everyone knows Homo means gay, ergo homo sapiens literally means wise gay.

We know that Jesus was gay, because when Pilate brought him before the people he pointed at Jesus and said "Icky homo!"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dr_rat posted:

So what's all this about Dr Phil -the Jew blocking- Proudfoot having a blocklist of Jewish people?

That doesn't sound right to me.
Alluded to by shadow ukmt, it seems he used an automated block list that blocked anyone who followed GnasherJew.

Oberman and Riley love gnasher and I'm guessing she was sad that the account couldn't harrass him any more. All three of them are derranged hypocrites who think it's clever when they troll and harrass the left, but start throwing lawsuits around the second anyone hits back.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 26, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

the way people express this is usually pathetic but it isn't wrong.

if you counter someone being focused on looks by saying 'well you're one to talk, ugly' then you diminish yourself by getting involved on that level, tacitly agreeing that it's worth fighting over regardless of your intention. if you're a public figure, the stupidity of the debate is exacerbated.

it's only a good response if your sole aim is to appear but not actually win the argument or hurt somebody's feelings in return. and sometimes that's good enough in personal life, but not when it comes to public debate. it's poo poo.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 26, 2022

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

roomtone posted:

the way people express this is usually pathetic but it isn't wrong.

if you counter someone being focused on looks by saying 'well you're one to talk, ugly' then you diminish yourself by getting involved on that level, tacitly agreeing that it's worth fighting over. if you're a public figure, the stupidity of the debate is exacerbated.

it's only a good response if your sole aim is to appear to win the argument or hurt somebody's feelings in return. and sometimes that's good enough in personal life, but not when it comes to public debate. it's poo poo.

I would say that if that was the first or only response to this type of thing you might be right. We are way passed that though.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

i don't see how that's relevant. if anything, there being more thoughtful responses already out about something makes sticking your nose in with besides the point junk worse.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Shamelessly stealing from the CSPAM thread because Keith is such a rat oval office.

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1518558227188834304?s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol at being on the wrong side of Teresa may on a human rights issue.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

roomtone posted:

i don't see how that's relevant. if anything, there being more thoughtful responses already out about something makes sticking your nose in with besides the point junk worse.
Extending the paradox of tolerance a little, yeah, you don't sink to that level unprompted.

But when someone (i.e. this columnist with two anuses on his rat face) opens the door to criticism of appearance (i.e. the Rayner article, for which he was paid a couple grand lets not forget), you can happily walk through that door and give them a taste of what they thought it would be funny to inflict on others. And give them a smack in their weasely little divorced geography teacher-rear end face while you're at it.

E: in the duke nukem uk parody minecraft server obviously

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I saw that guy on ancient aliens. :spooky:

e- McKinnon.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Also note that Diane hasn't said anything at all about his appearance, just "this is him. interesting he feels it's ok to judge women by their looks".

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Extending the paradox of tolerance a little, yeah, you don't sink to that level unprompted.

But when someone (i.e. this columnist with two anuses on his rat face) opens the door to criticism of appearance (i.e. the Rayner article, for which he was paid a couple grand lets not forget), you can happily walk through that door and give them a taste of what they thought it would be funny to inflict on others. And give them a smack in their weasely little divorced geography teacher-rear end face while you're at it.

E: in the duke nukem uk parody minecraft server obviously

i'll try not go on after this but i think you've misunderstood me, because this isn't an argument against what i said, it's just a hand wave without any actual justification.

all you're doing is saying 'it's fine because they deserve it', which is obviously the motivation for this sort of response, but i am specifically saying that isn't good enough because it doesn't address the issue at play, and recenters the conversation around a distraction. perhaps only briefly, or only for certain people, but regardless of how successful it is that is the only effect that saying somebody is ugly, or whatever irrelevant thing you want, can possibly have. it is in fact the original problem - angela raynor's appearance is completely irrelevant, and so is glen owens. they are supposed to be working for the public good (ha ha).

there may be some relevatory effect upon the individual being attacked on the same level they were attacking others, but again, that's a personal thing. you could confront them outside of public channels if you think it will change them, or even if you just want to unload. comes with its own risks, and probably better just not to do it at all - but if you're doing this on a public platform, all you've done is add another speck of poo poo to proceedings and made yourself look stupid.

and to be clear i do not particularly care about diane abbott's comment here, it is hardly a glaring example of this attitude that i'm talking about, but it is an example and was brought up so i felt like going through the idea.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 26, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh no, making myself look stupid

however will any of us cope :decorum:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

it's about what you/we gain from these sort of exchanges.

if you don't care, fine, but if that's the only response to what i'm saying i suppose i am good to go on with this opinion.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is a complete non-answer, c'mon

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

When they go low, we go high is basically "kinder gentler politics" in a slightly different hat, and look where that got us.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

roomtone posted:

it's about what you/we gain from these sort of exchanges.

if you don't care, fine, but if that's the only response to what i'm saying i suppose i am good to go on with this opinion.
It would be really nice if we lived in a world where people read into the substance of a debate and were persuaded by the argument with greater merit but we've learned the hard way that we actually live in a world where people are persuaded by whoever can land the sickest burns and taking the high road just outs you as a nerd who can be safely ridiculed because you won't fight back.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

roomtone posted:

i'll try not go on after this but i think you've misunderstood me, because this isn't an argument against what i said, it's just a hand wave without any actual justification.

all you're doing is saying 'it's fine because they deserve it', which is obviously the motivation for this sort of response, but i am specifically saying that isn't good enough because it doesn't address the issue at play, and recenters the conversation around a distraction. perhaps only briefly, or only for certain people, but regardless of how successful it is that is the only effect that saying somebody is ugly, or whatever irrelevant thing you want, can possibly have. it is in fact the original problem - angela raynor's appearance is completely irrelevant, and so is glen owens. they are supposed to be working for the public good (ha ha).

there may be some relevatory effect upon the individual being attacked on the same level they were attacking others, but again, that's a personal thing. you could confront them outside of public channels if you think it will change them, or even if you just want to unload. comes with its own risks, and probably better just not to it at all - but if you're doing this on a public platform, all you've done is add another speck of poo poo to proceedings and made yourself look stupid.

and to be clear i do not particularly care about diane abbott's comment here, it is hardly a glaring example of this attitude that i'm talking about, but it is an example and was brought up so i felt like going through the idea.

good points, however the counterargument is that this shitman has an anus on his chin

a 'chanus', if you will

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

But OTOH if you want to huffily grouse that "we should have won, we had better arguments and we're better people" then welcome to the UKMT lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
musk's twitter is just going to be late-stage lowtax SA where everyone lives in continual fear of the owner suddenly giving a crap for ten minutes and putting into effect the stupidest solution for his half-understanding of whatever issue he has suddenly noticed and then loving off again to leave people who at least somewhat understand the forum a little bit to pick up the pieces until the next nonsense edict breaks everything again

except it is quite difficult to buy out elon with bitcoin or whatever so we're stuck with him until he gets bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That Mail writer is hella ugly tho