Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PainterofCrap posted:

As a large guy well over 6': I wish.

Not an empty quote :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-1Ue0FFrHY

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I thought multi-person tubs were meant to be wider?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

BonerGhost posted:

I don't need irregularities in the fabric of existence interrupting my long baths.

They wouldn't interrupt though; they'd be over on one end.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They get the cold end.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminded of an ad for gas water heaters with a giraffe taking a bath.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zil posted:

I thought multi-person tubs were meant to be wider?

Advanced bathing techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnXtz6BOCA8

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I live in a row house and I can cut off the water to my other neighbour's entire apartment with the valve in my bathroom. It also cuts off water in my apartment except for the toilet seat in said bathroom. I'm sure there were reasons.

Just the seat?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

StormDrain posted:

And quarter turn valves are the best. I'm not sure why anyone uses the other kind. Yet they're still for sale.

Globe and gate valves are much simpler to manufacture, so much less expensive.

retail its several dollars difference, which is a big deal when you buy wholesale bulk, and don't have to offer warranty service.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

EasilyConfused posted:

Just the seat?

In Finland you have to pay a tax per bathroom. It's "by seat," like enterprise software licenses, and that detail leaked into colloquial dialect.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

MRC48B posted:

Globe and gate valves are much simpler to manufacture, so much less expensive.

retail its several dollars difference, which is a big deal when you buy wholesale bulk, and don't have to offer warranty service.

I get what you mean for like home builders. I was thinking a Home Depot, where it's a 50 cents difference on an 8 dollar part. I can't find any other advantage to a mutiturn other than half a dollar.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I come bearing violence.

https://i.imgur.com/3haxsyC.mp4

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I literally said "what... what what the gently caress?" out loud when it loaded.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

At least the fire will spread quicker.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The house is going to be demolished soon right? I mean why would you do that just for a tiktok bit?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I assume some kind of pipe/duct is going in there later.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Cut holes in your floor to attract the :females:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's exactly what I want to see approaching a flight of stairs: a large hole.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

StormDrain posted:

I get what you mean for like home builders. I was thinking a Home Depot, where it's a 50 cents difference on an 8 dollar part. I can't find any other advantage to a mutiturn other than half a dollar.

I haven't bought a gate valve in at least a decade, but I do recall that ball valves were at least three times the price. At the time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zil posted:

The house is going to be demolished soon right? I mean why would you do that just for a tiktok bit?

Probably listed on zillow immediately after that holidays, as is condition cash offers only.

That right there is a cat portal. Put a wood pole wrapped in sisal rope through there, bolt it to the floor and ceiling.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I assume some kind of pipe/duct is going in there later.

A foot out from the wall in the middle of two doorways?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

I haven't bought a gate valve in at least a decade, but I do recall that ball valves were at least three times the price. At the time.

They still are if you're buying a decent ball valve, especially anything with pex fittings on it.

It's a significant cost difference and big box stores are supplying to a largely price conscious pro/semi-pro market of people in the aisles you'd find that kind of thing. Not the actual trades the stuff in the aisle represents, but think more handyman/small time GC/flipper doing out-of-trade work.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Sirotan posted:

A foot out from the wall in the middle of two doorways?

They're stupid enough to put a tree there, is it really a stretch to think they'd put a pipe there?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
trEemastrJ

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

PainterofCrap posted:

I have been referring to stops specifically, and I just picked the most common one here.

Valves do have a more significant price difference for sure, 50-100% still. Quick action and visual indication are probably worth that alone!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

spookykid posted:

I literally said "what... what what the gently caress?" out loud when it loaded.

:same:

Just shorten the tree, you idiots.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

I would have expected Putin's bathroom to be a bit more ostentatious.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Zopotantor posted:

I would have expected Putin's bathroom to be a bit more ostentatious.

That was not the comment I expected to see and I laughed out loud. Five out of five stars.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Why is there insulation in the floor between two living areas?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Guy Axlerod posted:

Why is there insulation in the floor between two living areas?

Sound deadening

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You could even say... sound insulation.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Anyone who's lived in a lovely apartment knows how nice interstitial space is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

"hrm I should make a funny joke about how I think I found the problem with his door. Har har the goons will get a sensible chuckle out of me lampshading the obvious hole cut in it, I wonder if he's making a pet door or something. Wait a sec, what's tha. . . . ."

:stare:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't get why they'd cut a wall like this but the previous post conveys something worse I'm not getting.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

By popular demand posted:

I don't get why they'd cut a wall like this but the previous post conveys something worse I'm not getting.

it's a door, not a wall.

you're looking too hard.. check the left side of the cuts and see what's being used for bracing. it' um.. There once you see it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Can you not-see it?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Radium code handshaking that door
Load bearing racism

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think my brain got fried from today solar overexposure, I'll try again later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I think my brain got fried from today solar overexposure, I'll try again later.

The wood inside the wall is swastika shaped, as this symbol was in popular use in Finland prior to the use of it by Nazi Germany.