Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love top lane

half the time you're playing a completely different game

just two assholes beating on each other until they HAVE to join their teams both smugly assuming they THEY are the missing piece just watch this triple ki- oh i died gently caress this game and gently caress this team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay so like, I play Kayle, I break even in top lane and then the recommended builds just mean that some person who's gone 10-3 mid lane deletes all my health faster than I react.

Surely if the girl is meant to be the hardest carry she should have tank of some sort?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Natural 20 posted:

Okay so like, I play Kayle, I break even in top lane and then the recommended builds just mean that some person who's gone 10-3 mid lane deletes all my health faster than I react.

Surely if the girl is meant to be the hardest carry she should have tank of some sort?

Nope, carrying means you have to be removable from a fight easily. The duty of your team is to keep you alive (also use your ult when you are being jumped).

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Nope, carrying means you have to be removable from a fight easily. The duty of your team is to keep you alive (also use your ult when you are being jumped).

I just want to be Spectre.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She comes online at level 16. The game isn’t really geared towards scaling comps right now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wrote a bunch of words about kayle a few months back and I think she's in a better spot now than she was then. The on hit build is now garbage but both ad and ap are super good still.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Natural 20 posted:

There's no Dota-style super hard carries where they can just walk through the enemy team if they get too out of control, league's biggest carries are generally defined by being able to pump out so much damage that if their team can keep them alive for a few seconds they'll burn through your team with no recourse.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Taciturn Tactician posted:

There's no Dota-style super hard carries where they can just walk through the enemy team if they get too out of control, league's biggest carries are generally defined by being able to pump out so much damage that if their team can keep them alive for a few seconds they'll burn through your team with no recourse.

The closest is Darius style Juggernauts. Who are still weak to being kited but if they get out of control do have about 10 minutes a game where they can just stuff entire teams into the dumpster.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PvP thought "yeah, Barudak could use a good objective lesson in how dogshit their jungling is" and put me against a diamond 1 and anyway the inside of a dumpster has a rich and aromatic flavor

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Biplane posted:

Lol I had a mord top who flipped his poo poo at like 6 minutes in because the jungler allegedly last hit a cannon while attempting a gank, and this dude seriously spent the next 25~ minutes spite clearing our jungle over and over. We lost but honestly it was almost impressive.

The level of blatant childish behaviour from some people is just mind boggling. Oh, you made one mistake. Now I will ruin my rank as well as that of three other people and waste half an hour of my time to drag this player down. That should lead to at least a one month ban.

Midig fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 24, 2022

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Had a very cool Yone on the enemy team with their twitch handle in their name. For some reason, our midlaner decided that they were going to play AP Ashe, died 5 times to him, then built mejais. Then proceeded to die a bunch more times.

I got like, absurdly fed on Jinx. Like I ended the game something like 37/11/18, the opposed Yasuo and their Thresh basically spent the entire laning phase dying (until of course he got his 0/10 power spike and then suddenly did a ton of damage because double crit).

Unfortunately for me, the enemy's comp was Malphite, Fiddle, Yone, Yasuo and Thresh which meant despite my insane amount of damage, there was no force on earth that could prevent them from diving me eventually and we ended up losing. I ended up cracking like 70k damage, did about 40% of our teams damage and got a penta though so that felt super good. The Yone naturally had like, a gigantic meltdown in chat in the post game lobby about how bad we were and how we should all uninstall league of legends and naturally dropped what looked like a few slurs into chat.

It was wild, I can only imagine what that dude must be like when he loses a game lmao

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

That seems to be the life of ADC. You can get giga fed, but if you can get dove or gpicked off then it means nothing. I am trying out ADC and saw some interesting builds for Varus and Tristana that can counter this by building slightly tanky. Meaning if you get decent CS you should be able to carry lategame without constantly dying to Zed dives.

Midig fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 24, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kogmaw or vayne already have builds where they go randuins very early.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Midig posted:

That seems to be the life of ADC. You can get giga fed, but if you can get dove or gpicked off then it means nothing. I am trying out ADC and saw some interesting builds for Varus and Tristana that can counter this by building slightly tanky. Meaning if you get decent CS you should be able to carry lategame without constantly dying to Zed dives.

randuins has been pog tech for years and only recently did the rest of the world catch up. the thing about what you are saying though is it isnt wrong but it is inaccurate -- a significantly fed assassin who can outburst an adc heal wins vs the adc. but with proper positioning it becomes hard to actually die because the enemy must overextend to burst you, using their abilities often in the process(thus reducing your burst). and remember this every single prospective adc player: sometimes the best play is to stand still and do nothing but auto attack.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You ever have a game where you inexplicably get inside your opponents minds?

Went 5/1/6 and forced an enemy surrender while not only were we behind in gold, I was the lowest in gold total and down by nearly 2.5k versus the opposing jungler. I've never been more confused but hey thanks for imploding.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Barudak posted:

You ever have a game where you inexplicably get inside your opponents minds?

Went 5/1/6 and forced an enemy surrender while not only were we behind in gold, I was the lowest in gold total and down by nearly 2.5k versus the opposing jungler. I've never been more confused but hey thanks for imploding.

one thing that i regularly do is try to ask a weird but interesting question in all chat as we invade as 5 to catch someone typing. it works like 20% of the time

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why is AD Bruiser Nunu not a thing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Only AD ratio is on Call of the Freljord, and it has a per-target ICD, so actually getting it off reliably for the duration of a fight is extremely hard. One of his strongest tools - his ult - also requires him to be not attacking for it to gain its full damage and zoning effectiveness, which makes AD even less effective on him.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

cowardice

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Im getting insane farm and winning games with basically 0 deaths on Shyvana. Shyvana as AP bruiser is busted right now and I must say you guys were right. Not winning hard against people in silver is basically trolling.

Midig fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 25, 2022

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

pog boyfriend posted:

one thing that i regularly do is try to ask a weird but interesting question in all chat as we invade as 5 to catch someone typing. it works like 20% of the time

This would work on me, and if I thought you did it on purpose I'd congratulate you. But most likely I'll just be oblivious and mad at myself.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I won a game against a Master rank player, my day is made

Edit: 10/0/10 100% kill participation match to follow beating the master. Sorry for dumpstering you opposing jungler but thats how it happened to me!

Still only 2k ahead of the enemy jungler who was 0/2/4 so what the hell do I gotta do to get more gold???

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 26, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Barudak posted:

I won a game against a Master rank player, my day is made

Edit: 10/0/10 100% kill participation match to follow beating the master. Sorry for dumpstering you opposing jungler but thats how it happened to me!

Still only 2k ahead of the enemy jungler who was 0/2/4 so what the hell do I gotta do to get more gold???

Farm better.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I feel like this is basically just always good advice

I've been trying to keep my cs over 7.5-8 over the course of the entire game. One thing that's really been doing is making me actually think about the lane I go to after a fight/respawn. That probably sounds super obvious to the better players in the thread, but it was really easy for me to just turn off my brain and go where everyone else was all the time

Sometimes my team still randomly fights while I'm catching a gigantic wave, but seeing as how I pretty much exclusively play ADC getting that extra gold has really helped me be more successful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:toot: just had a "jungle" go ignite/flash lucian with a support item and hang out top with our nasus because he was mad our support wanted to go leona instead of a ranged character

I was silver a couple weeks ago, now I'm bronze 3

edit: I am aware that I am the one consistent factor in that decline and I need to play better, but losses specifically like the one I just had feel so incredibly lovely

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Probably because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy7SutyVlh0&t=617s

Also, I got a real nice feeling playing Shyvana right now in silver. Where I feel like I can win almost any game. I think the biggest reason I am doing well (besides AP shyv being busted right now) is that I am incentiviced to just powerfarm instead of going into fruitless ganks. If my allies gets trade kills, im farming (and my team winning is a bonus). If enemy jungler dies, I take their farm. Solid 75 cs lead mid game. I usually get Rabaddons at some point and spew E at them. I cant be one shot either. Honestly, you dont even have to be good if you are just statchecking them. So why constantly gank your laners who will give shutdown gold or afk every time you try to give them a kill. Just farm. CS most underrated thing in low rank I suppose.

Midig fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 26, 2022

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

gpv and i ran into a plat guy doing this who was extremely obviously scripting lol. guy was doing frame perfect sidestep dashes saying he was legit like when kali muscle said he was natty

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They've got a preview of the Taliyah mid-scope update out. The tl;dr: passive is slower early but more reliable; Q deals AoE damage; Worked Ground Q hucks a boulder that slows and consumes Worked Ground; W no longer deals damage but is slightly easier to hit; E deals more upfront damage and stuns dashes ala Veigar cage but does less detonation damage and covers less area; R range is increased later at a cost to earlier range.

Overall an excellent set of changes that helps to sharpen her identity as a control mage. The stun on E loving massive for her survivability in mid, and it also helps to give her a lot more laning safety and peel as support versus champs like Naut or Thresh. I think she'll be a super solid mid/jungle/support flex.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Midig posted:

Probably because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy7SutyVlh0&t=617s

Also, I got a real nice feeling playing Shyvana right now in silver. Where I feel like I can win almost any game. I think the biggest reason I am doing well (besides AP shyv being busted right now) is that I am incentiviced to just powerfarm instead of going into fruitless ganks. If my allies gets trade kills, im farming (and my team winning is a bonus). If enemy jungler dies, I take their farm. Solid 75 cs lead mid game. I usually get Rabaddons at some point and spew E at them. I cant be one shot either. Honestly, you dont even have to be good if you are just statchecking them. So why constantly gank your laners who will give shutdown gold or afk every time you try to give them a kill. Just farm. CS most underrated thing in low rank I suppose.

no, thats a perosn actually jungling. the person vimes was talking about was a troll.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I miss when the high noon skins were just cowboy cosplays

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I liked the demonic cowboys but I feel new ones are leaning too far towards 'demonic' and not enough 'cowboy'.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

edit: I am aware that I am the one consistent factor in that decline and I need to play better, but losses specifically like the one I just had feel so incredibly lovely

I feel you. Say you had 3 games in a row that went bad. You take a break to regain mental, accept your losses and move on. Then you get a troll "jungle lucian". Even though you absolutely can control your MMR. It doesent always feel that way. It really is tilting to spend the little time you have to try and improve and someone just throws a wrench into your plans "just because".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIX8fan8ZjY

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Riots skin design team is doing a poo poo rear end job. Technically the skins are better than ever but holy poo poo they are garbage and are just …. Crimecity holy poo poo, debonair is an abortion. Just chrome hangers. gently caress these skins

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cosmograph Kramer posted:

Riots skin design team is doing a poo poo rear end job. Technically the skins are better than ever but holy poo poo they are garbage and are just …. Crimecity holy poo poo, debonair is an abortion. Just chrome hangers. gently caress these skins

The crime city ones are especially egregious imo

Went from cool pinstripes suits gangster kinda stuff to.. whatever it is they were trying to convey with the new ones. Some sort of demon thing I guess?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm generally a fan of the modern skin lines, but Crime City Nightmare was an overdesigned bridge too far. It's like when you were a kid and thought that getting a Slurpee with every flavor was a great idea. They feel egregiously like Mobile Legends poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I got sexy witch MF so now I'm an ADC main

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Crime City Nightmare is a fun concept, they just misexecuted on it. You also have to consider they've mushed Debonair into the line, and Debonair Zed does have the really cool game loading thing where he stands on the red carpet getting photographed pre-game. Theres some fun poo poo in there like Leona blocking all the bullets with her shield in her recall.

Crime City Jinx is the best skin though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if i lived in crime city i would move to a different city

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

pog boyfriend posted:

if i lived in crime city i would move to a different city

I live in Sex City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Tired Moritz posted:

I miss when the high noon skins were just cowboy cosplays

Should be weed cowboy themed imo. High noon Ivern when?

verbal enema posted:

I live in Sex City

Where you never get your mail because the addresses are all the same.