Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Every tweet saying "cancel student debt" has a horde of libs replying that Biden can't cancel it, and he never promised to, and he's already forgiven billions in loans, and government doesn't work that way, take a civics class, and pay your debts you entitled millennial. It's not gonna happen but it'd be pretty funny to watch them all change their tune

You know there might actually be a real reason Democrats can't do good things

But no matter how good the excuses are, people eventually notice all they're getting are excuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mastershakeman posted:

i cant wait for student loan debt to be forgiven for everyone who isn't currently in college or about to go to college. gonna be cool

The people demanding their old student loans be forgiven whiplashing to FYGM will be a thing to behold.

If loans were forgiven, which they won't be.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

You know there might actually be a real reason Democrats can't do good things

But no matter how good the excuses are, people eventually notice all they're getting are excuses

excuses...

assholes...

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

joe will definitely kick the can down the road in august (inflation or whatever) but it will be accompanied by whatever dogshit they decide is their best and final offer.

hard not to assume that due to his involvement in making student loan debt ineligible for discharge he has a vested interest in not admitting to his culpability by effectively discharging it. that would be admitting he was wrong and there is nothing he needs to correct for.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I sympathize with this clyburn guy. none of us wanted joe Biden, so we got to push him left

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

it's too early for panic promises but we're going to see a bunch of in trouble dems campaign late on student loan forgiveness. it's not going to work and even the dems who promise it and who manage to hold on won't actually do anything about it, but it's definite "in case of polling emergency, break glass" kind of promise

Brian Kemp in Georgia is throwing out tax rebate checks, state income tax rate cuts and guns and poo poo because he is that worried about November after doing literally loving nothing for the last 3.5 years other than sabotaging the pandemic response and getting tens of thousands of his citizens killed.

Unfortunately for Biden his party is incapable of doing anything federally so he can't even make frantic last minute emergency gestures that are too little too late. They just get to talk about the possibility of them which is worse than useless.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/TheAmitie/status/1519088377672331264

and in the replies

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

we’re all going to hell!!! wooo!!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

What is the mineshaft gap?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The words algorithmic justice make me wanna die

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
absolutely bizarre to see the SK flag

usually those perverts use the Taiwan flag

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

What is the mineshaft gap?

something people who didn't realize dr strangelove was a comedy believe in

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the phrase "Biden bitch" has killed a tiny bit of my soul

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Can't wait for all the liberals to figure out their "um ackshyually" retort for the bit about Kamala not being considered a close contact lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

What turns somebody into this? Like how do you even end up in a place mentally that this has become your identity? Is it just life without meaningful material concerns and nothing to do all day but watch MSNBC?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Can't wait for all the liberals to figure out their "um ackshyually" retort for the bit about Kamala not being considered a close contact lol

she's actually so independent and busy doing all of her important work that she does all on her own because she's so good and trusted

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

wait, I like a challenge

okay I got one

It's a variation on the Designated Survivor protocol, the President and the Vice President remain physically separated as much as possible to avoid cross contamination if either staff is infected. Aside from certain public events and dramatic hallway walks, current protocol requires Vice President Harris to spent 23.5 hours a day in a hermetically sealed chamber so as to he ready when Biden needs her most.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its called social distancing sweetie

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Sydin posted:

What turns somebody into this? Like how do you even end up in a place mentally that this has become your identity? Is it just life without meaningful material concerns and nothing to do all day but watch MSNBC?

when I was still on Twitter I’d ask them (politely!) and all I’d get was “lol fly away trump/Bernie troll”

I too really want to know. I get hating the left and being a liberal, but there’s something more going on that animates them so strongly

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Sydin posted:

do you remember forum signatures? some places still have them and I’m fairly sure they’re completely out of fashion here but you didn’t fill out your forums sig the day you joined but after you’d absorbed some of the in group tendencies and some of those signatures would put those bios to shame. I think it’s the same sort of thing. that person has been on Twitter for 7 years and have a few thousand followers. it’s in group signaling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"He's not her manager. It's not like she and him have a meeting every morning to go over today's tasks, he has his duties and she has hers. I swear people should be required to take a civics test before voting."

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

do you remember forum signatures? some places still have them and I’m fairly sure they’re completely out of fashion here but you didn’t fill out your forums sig the day you joined but after you’d absorbed some of the in group tendencies and some of those signatures would put those bios to shame. I think it’s the same sort of thing. that person has been on Twitter for 7 years and have a few thousand followers. it’s in group signaling.

sigs own

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also the funnier Joe and Kamala news today is that Jill didn't want her because she had insulted Joe by stating the fact that he used to agree with segregationists.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sydin posted:

someone here posted "choose an ideology or one will be chosen for you" and i think about it a lot

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
https://mobile.twitter.com/alizaslav/status/1518964938726903810

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
We will never build back better.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

lol ya can u imagine :goofy:

https://i.imgur.com/ikiuNA3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZCFLIBC.mp4https://i.imgur.com/MH57dWX.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/fsVWV4A.mp4

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/danarubinstein/status/1519091841525858304

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

this is just going to be the $10k forgiveness and/or specifically not going to apply to grad loans and i will go full dormer

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sydin posted:

It's somewhat of an open question as I question how people become fanatical liberals too (especially when the ideology is "no ideology"). I think a lot of it has to do with an absence of any other meaningful cultural force in your life. Those kind of forces might make you harbor beliefs, or foster strong values. In their absence, you cling on to what represents "not bad", and since the GOP are transparently and cartoonishly bad, you cling to the Democratic status quo. I suspect "stans" of vapid pop culture come about for similar reasons. You see hundreds of thousands of Sonic fan fiction pages, and people who base their entire identity on the MCU because nothing else presents itself in life, as capitalism has destroyed all community.

It's shocking, but there's people out there that are massive fans of even the most milquetoast and ineffectual Senators. I met someone once who was obsessed with Senator Sherrod Brown, to the degree that they were considering opting out of the 2020 primary if he didn't run. Then there's of course all the fun soul crushing times I had in DE, where freaks are aplenty, and you literally get Coons fanatics that do this to your friend's car.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pobrecito posted:

this is just going to be the $10k forgiveness and/or specifically not going to apply to grad loans and i will go full dormer

probably and that would be bad, but ngl $10k forgiveness would be by a large margin the most help I've ever gotten in my life from the government

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FARTT

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Palmtree Panic posted:

We will never build back better.

"build back better" is effectively synonymous with "make america great again", and let me tell you something, this country is absolutely going to maga in 2024.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

it's the same type of brain damage that manifests itself in disney-obsessed adults. they like the story told to them and they like being an audience member. they clap when they're expected to clap, they donate when they're asked to donate, they watch the right news channel and read the approved materials. little rule-followers actually get dopamine from meeting the expectations of the role. it allows them to participate in and enjoy the fruits of a white supremacist patriarchal empire but still cast themselves as the hero of the story. they will never even contemplate the possibility that the disney property they live in is star wars and they live aboard the death star.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SENOTOR

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I have pictures of the other side of the car somewhere, where they drew a very accurate vagina, and the back of the car where they said my friend and I got married (weird how they're homophobic too!) with attached cans

oh and on the back some loving freak literally wrote the entire url of a youtube link of a coons speech

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

it's the same type of brain damage that manifests itself in disney-obsessed adults. they like the story told to them and they like being an audience member. they clap when they're expected to clap, they donate when they're asked to donate, they watch the right news channel and read the approved materials. little rule-followers actually get dopamine from meeting the expectations of the role. it allows them to participate in and enjoy the fruits of a white supremacist patriarchal empire but still cast themselves as the hero of the story. they will never even contemplate the possibility that the disney property they live in is star wars and they live aboard the death star.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play blitzball :dementia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Like a goon would know what an accurate vagina looks like

Way too many holes in this story buddy