Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Angepain posted:

e: also god bless whoever changed the forums code so that you can use the quote button on closed threads to get a quote of the post to copy into another thread
Holy gently caress. That is amazingly useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The top sentence of this article, seemingly without guile, describes Elon as the new main character of twitter. I certainly hope so.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DalaranJ posted:

Dewey Dawner

That's it, couldn't find it cause I was looking for Dewey Downer

Wasn't it, but this is still good and appreciated.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

e: also god bless whoever changed the forums code so that you can use the quote button on closed threads to get a quote of the post to copy into another thread

You still can't do it on archived threads, though...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

HOW MUCH IS THAT BIRDIE IN THE WINDOW?

Elon Musk’s buyout of Twitter is a done deal. At the end, those in control of Twitter couldn’t resist his fat offer of $44 billion. After all, it wasn’t exactly chicken feed.

Musk has expressed a strong desire to return free speech to what once was a public square known as Twitter. Once he’s in control, can we expect the reinstatement of all the conservatives who got banned? Let’s hope GrrrGraphics will be included. We had nearly 300,000 followers when Twitter suddenly shut us down. They claimed we were ‘spamming’ their platform. (Forget what Wikipedia says about it, that page about me is chock full of lies and erroneous information).

Naturally the left is terrified by the takeover news. Musk is a loose cannon among the billionairiat class. He doesn’t go along with CRT or wokeism. Hillary is probably worried that a legion of deplorables will soon be back on Twitter to spread nasty memes and ‘disinformation’ about her. Obama and Hillary claim free speech is a threat to their democracy. Musk sees free speech as integral to democracy. All he has to do now is clean house, fire the current racist, anti-white CEO and return Twitter back to a neutral platform.

It sounds great, but will it happen? I have my doubts. Pardon my cynicism, but it all seems too easy. Can we really expect that the Deep State, the WEF, the CIA, and the central bankers will allow common folk to use Twitter as a platform to question the ‘official’ narratives about vaccines, the man-made climate change bunk, and the disgusting war mongering in Ukraine? These criminals have spent far too much time stamping out free speech after Trump was elected. They’re not going to easily give up and allow Twitter to revert back to the good ol’ days.

Twitter was on its way out well before Musk showed up. It excoriated nearly half of its user base—conservatives. Those allowed to remain are the Hollywood limousine liberal crowd, the LGBTQ-ETC types, Democrats, the leftist media entities, and the groomer crowd. It was becoming an irrelevant echo chamber plagued with bots. Its stock was in decline and many predicted it would go the way of MySpace. In a way, Musk rescued Twitter—and at a ridiculous price at that. Why would he spend $44 billion when he could have easily created a similar platform for half the price?

Will the wealthy among the left refuse to buy his Teslas? Isn’t Musk afraid of that? The electric car is aligned with the globalists’ climate change agenda. The rich on the left find his cars to be status symbols—they engage in virtue signaling on wheels. The rabble certainly can’t afford them, but Musk is welcoming that rabble back on Twitter.

Musk is no free speech purist. He has tried to shut down criticism of his precious Tesla in the past. Will he get rid of users who criticize his company on Twitter? Was Musk somehow selected to buy out Twitter in order to restore its reputation in time for the midterms—thereby giving the left more credibility? In other words, he might talk about restoring free speech, but the fulfillment of his promise might be intentionally delayed until well after those midterms.

Something isn’t adding up here. Let’s see if Musk can really get his bird off the ground. I truly hope he does restore free speech on Twitter. Only then will I trust Musk.

— Ben Garrison

I wonder how many times Ben tried to edit his own wikipedia page.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Didn’t he literally do a cartoon like a week ago where Musk buying Twitter was a good thing?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I love the boomer mindset of "oh, this billionaire definitely did this to benefit me"

Musk is going to pump the stock price, strip Twitter for parts, and then sell it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Isn't he taking it private

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Raised By Birds posted:

I wonder how many times Ben tried to edit his own wikipedia page.

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

There is no way in hell that bird is going to do any flying.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Somfin posted:

I love the boomer mindset of "oh, this billionaire definitely did this to benefit me"

Musk is going to pump the stock price, strip Twitter for parts, and then sell it.

Nah he wants to be the Lowtaxian lord of social media cause he loves the adulation of weird internet cretins, and his net worth has increased tenfold over the last decade predominantly cause of his cult following.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia–East Timor spying scandal (Wikipedia). The whistleblowers cannot be named and are subject to secret trials.

Rowe:

Labor's shadow foreign minister Penny Wong with the umbrella, talking to current foreign minister Marise Payne.
Labor pledges more foreign aid to Pacific with plan ‘to restore Australia’s place as first partner of choice’ (Guardian).

Spooner:

This is in contrast to the Coalition who have a red line and are unafraid to use it.

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

Knight:

Downes:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Was Twitter ever profitable prior to the buyout

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I know in my heart it won't happen, but I would love to see twitter follow in the way of tumblr

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It is but it's not as profitable as it "should" be given it's userbase, basically.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Is there an award category for "Thing that will replace the clown in my nightmares", cus this is a shoe-in.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Please disregard the Wikipedia rundown about this thing I didn't have to bring up in the first place, those are just many independently verifiable lies with links to sources (of lies!!!1)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

What's the name of that cheese with the holes in it, named after a country?

French cheese, that's right! French cheese.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Mostly Peaceful Takeover: Elon Musk buying Twitter is a huge boost for free speech in America and has the censorship Tyrants on the left going berzerk.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

It turned a profit for the first time ever in 2017 because of trump tweeting all the time. I don’t know what’s happened to it since he was banned.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh man trump becoming unbanned would rule

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jay Rust posted:

No it would not.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Raised By Birds posted:

Walt Handelsman

Pens, famous for being erasable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is a terrible goddamned metaphor.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jay Rust posted:

No. That would suck because I'd have to go back to having to constantly overhear dipshits repeat his most recent unfunny word vomit ad nauseum.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys not get any perverse enjoyment out of the deranged garrison blog posts or from witnessing the latest, stupidest stantis takes? The awful kirschen cartoons or the opposite-of-reality Brancos? Why else would you even read the thread

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It is impressive how Stantis is copying and flipping the single Dio torso asset he created. Really using every part of the lizard.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: I Suffered and So Should You

Ted Rall posted:

Much of the opposition to student loan forgiveness boils down to bitterness. Why should people who suffered under a stupid system subsidize young people so they don’t have to suffer as well?
If this was literally anyone else then this is obviously satire but I know Rall has made that argument in the first panel (containing the guy who suspiciously looks like a cartoonist) before so who knows what level of irony this is on.

First Dog on the Moon: There's a lot going on so happy World Tapir Day to all the tapirs and tapir enthusiasts!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Counterpoint: Tapirs smell.

Edit: holy poo poo, an SA article-
https://www.somethingawful.com/news/tapir-natures-fantastic/

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 27, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I miss Frolixo.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys not get any perverse enjoyment out of the deranged garrison blog posts or from witnessing the latest, stupidest stantis takes? The awful kirschen cartoons or the opposite-of-reality Brancos? Why else would you even read the thread

Self-Harm

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

I want The Best of Nickelback on vinyl

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mordekai posted:

I want The Best of Nickelback on vinyl
Look at this phonograph

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Where do you get off, accusing people of listening to Nickelback?!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Somfin posted:

The people who claim to hate rich coastal elites the most sure do love the rich coastal elites who punch down at minorities.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature for that off-brand Donald Duck. Mickey and Minnie are bad but recognizable but he didn't even manage to give Donald the correct hat.