Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If only their stuff was easier to find. But alas, you can't convince me Sendai Girls exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sendai Girls is very easy to find if you discover the secret that they've been uploading all their shows to some obscure site called YouTube

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sendai Girls is very easy to find if you discover the secret that they've been uploading all their shows to some obscure site called YouTube

Seriously? Huh. That's useful to know

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1519092750444109825

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Another win for the good guys

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Pretty cringe of Dave to see some random person who enjoys the knockouts division and decide he needed to quote tweet that Stardom is clearly the best.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is he just reading that one thread?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's hear it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mark!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of my coworkers thinks Jabroni is an italian swear word and i have zero intention on correcting him

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

rudy p*o

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

c*ndy a*s

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1519086058415210498

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

His reaction of being marked for death is delightful.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1519039378424795137?s=20&t=ANsvSa1jBVWRciFqX3JVjw

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

It's certainly the deepest. Also lol at Dave just finding a random fan who wasn't even tweeting at him and quote tweeting them.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The concept of "prayer time" at school is god drat alien to me. Is this normal in America or is this some weird fundie school?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The concept of "prayer time" at school is god drat alien to me. Is this normal in America or is this some weird fundie school?

Technically school and church is supposed to be separate in the US but in practice it really depends on where you live, and private schools can pretty much do whatever the hell they want

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I suffered through a decade of Catholic school and every class had an opening and closing prayer, an Angelus at 12 noon, and a 3 PM prayer (Divine Mercy). (Not American though)

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's weirdly pervasive. I went to a state school in Wales through the 90s, and while there wasn't set "prayer time" there'd be school assemblies that included prayer and special events that involved all the kids singing hymns and stuff.

You don't question it at the time. It was an ostensibly secular government school that still included poo poo like harvest festivals. All feels a bit Wicker Man in retrospect but it could just be because we're backwards in Wales.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

I suffered through a decade of Catholic school and every class had an opening and closing prayer, an Angelus at 12 noon, and a 3 PM prayer (Divine Mercy). (Not American though)

I work at a Marist Catholic school. Each day starts with a prayer in form time, we do Angelus in May and October, and hold liturgies for things like Ash Wednesday. I think Religious Education is the only subject that at least starts with a prayer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CaptainApathyUK posted:

It's weirdly pervasive. I went to a state school in Wales through the 90s, and while there wasn't set "prayer time" there'd be school assemblies that included prayer and special events that involved all the kids singing hymns and stuff.

You don't question it at the time. It was an ostensibly secular government school that still included poo poo like harvest festivals. All feels a bit Wicker Man in retrospect but it could just be because we're backwards in Wales.

My school was a C of E place just over the bridge and was exactly this. I remember moving up to secondary school and thinking it was weird as hell that there were no prayers or hymns in assemblies, but also good because that poo poo was boring.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1519252306864521226?t=bwcKxIZoehWt922MK88v3g&s=19

Simon Gotch Buries An Action Figure

CaptainApathyUK posted:

We had this too but our headteacher was born to Christian missionaries who'd met in India trying to convert the local population to Christianity so it was even weirder. She kept bringing in like American evangelicals and stuff to do their happy clappy stuff. One of my earliest realisations that authority figures weren't infallible was one of my teachers commenting offhand how weird one of her assemblies was.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/knXJV9H0huo

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

History Comes Inside! posted:

My school was a C of E place just over the bridge and was exactly this. I remember moving up to secondary school and thinking it was weird as hell that there were no prayers or hymns in assemblies, but also good because that poo poo was boring.

Did you grow up in the '90s as well? I feel like we were the last generation (for now lol) to have this, because I don't think my younger brother did. He's only five years younger than me but it seemed like things changed quickly on the prayer/hymn front.

We also had the mishmash thing where we'd do harvest festivals and other multicultural stuff. For Christmas we usually did a nativity play, but in my first year of "middle school" we did a play about caring for the environment, where my year had the choice of dressing up as hunters (as in, moustache-twirling British hunters from colonial literature) or lumberjacks. I imagine that went down really well with the parents!

No apologies for the derail, I'm supposed to be working.

EDIT: Despite having prayers and hymns in assembly, I never learned the Lord's Prayer. My mum was a bit taken aback when I mentioned this a few years ago, lol.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 27, 2022

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I remember my mum and a load of other parents getting together and demanding our infant school drop its prayers and hymns in the assembly (and winning) and that would've been in ~1991-2 so I imagine that was a common thing that happened a lot over that period and the years after

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
If you went to school in the UK in the 80's and weren't singing from this bad boy during assembly, something went wrong.

Pitwar fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 27, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Put me as a +1 for the prayers and hymns at assemblies pile. Lil' Rarity pegged it as worthless bullshit pretty fast. This Little Light of Mine was a banger though

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
All things bright and beautiful was bottom tier for sure

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Jerry finally pulled the trigger on opening a school

https://twitter.com/itsjerrylynn/status/1516108198524162048?t=Ed1RaqYvwXi4OQQP3e10sw&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They stopped letting us do the whole world in his hands because enough of us thought it was way better/funnier to sing “in his pants” instead for it to be audible over everyone else, and that meant that ~20 years later I could never take Bray Wyatt seriously.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Technically school and church is supposed to be separate in the US but in practice it really depends on where you live, and private schools can pretty much do whatever the hell they want

That also really only applies to public school. My parents were staunch atheists and still ended up sending us to a church associated daycare that had a prayer time, they were the cheapest sound and did a lot of charity to help parents.

This little light of mine sucks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1519305986963607555?t=dSpWlsT242avnogsEPveCw&s=19

he's quoting Naito (though obviously Naito was talking about Naito and not Ricky Starks)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

The only thing more wrestling than Dave being Dave is a 38 year old indie vet trying to call him out for it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1519305986963607555?t=dSpWlsT242avnogsEPveCw&s=19

he's quoting Naito (though obviously Naito was talking about Naito and not Ricky Starks)

Naito/Shingo/Andrade vs. Ricky/Hobbs/HOOK :stare:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

History Comes Inside! posted:

They stopped letting us do the whole world in his hands because enough of us thought it was way better/funnier to sing “in his pants” instead for it to be audible over everyone else, and that meant that ~20 years later I could never take Bray Wyatt seriously.

Christ The Lord went a similar way for us, because we'd all sing the first 2 "oh come let us adore him" really quietly before screaming the 3rd as loud and tunelessly as humanly possible. Also a CofE school, and youth preachers were a regular thing until one of them went a bit too far in basing a session around a Linkin Park song and no-one could ever take him seriously again. My maths teacher at that school went on missionary trips to Africa and had a "blasphemy jar" to raise money for it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/CassieLee/status/1519315480313479168?t=anAVLRmCPUZ6O_3dZfTVKA&s=19

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
aw

wishing them the best

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

aww. all the best to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jessica McKay and Cassie Lee to AEW to be obnoxiously loud hilarious managers when? I seriously miss them roaming the backstage in character harassing people. Like after they won the tag titles and just ran up on Spud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuM2l7oyN8