Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I've finally learned to stop using all my speed dice all the time, because I'm not super great at sustaining my light/page numbers. And I finally grokked how to properly out-anime ranged pages, which is to use Bamboo-Hatted Kim (or Valentin) for singular strike, stack on a Dark Cloud Blade perhaps, then use a 2-cost single-die slash page, and watch them bring a gun to a sword fight. Finally beat the thumb Soldatos, and the bigger thumb (didn't get all the pages yet, though - rude). Perhaps I'll figure out how to not have the red mist smear me into a paste next time - I got her down to 40 HP.
I know Binah is low-key specced to counter red mist, but I think I used the wrong pages at the wrong time. But then, I also don't have any abnos on Binah's floor yet so maybe I'm a little too early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Lunar Suite posted:

I've finally learned to stop using all my speed dice all the time, because I'm not super great at sustaining my light/page numbers. And I finally grokked how to properly out-anime ranged pages, which is to use Bamboo-Hatted Kim (or Valentin) for singular strike, stack on a Dark Cloud Blade perhaps, then use a 2-cost single-die slash page, and watch them bring a gun to a sword fight. Finally beat the thumb Soldatos, and the bigger thumb (didn't get all the pages yet, though - rude). Perhaps I'll figure out how to not have the red mist smear me into a paste next time - I got her down to 40 HP.
I know Binah is low-key specced to counter red mist, but I think I used the wrong pages at the wrong time. But then, I also don't have any abnos on Binah's floor yet so maybe I'm a little too early?

You may already know this, but when a card like Pillar says that a die that clashes against it "can't be recycled", it means that the die disappears entirely, even if they won the clash. You'll want to keep that in mind for the Red Mist especially.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It would be really funny if we ended up doing each Realization in order, ASAP. So after Queen Bee and Puppets, we go through the rightmost for Yesod, then center-left for Hod, then close off with Phillip before we do Netzach's after Star of the City cutscenes, with intermitted pauses for Pinocchio, Little Red and Scarecrow.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Realizations just for the amount of work TQ is going to have to put into each of them. I do really appreciate your hard work.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

lets hang out posted:

Realizations just for the amount of work TQ is going to have to put into each of them. I do really appreciate your hard work.

Also because they’re just objectively loving awesome.

Seriously, even if it’s an easy one it’s cool as gently caress.

They might all be easy ones for me. :negative:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Thinking back to when you only recovered 10 stagger and 0 hp between phases :hmmyes:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

lets hang out posted:

Thinking back to when you only recovered 10 stagger and 0 hp between phases :hmmyes:

Yeah uh…. That’s still a thing.

They give you more healing in later realizations, in Malkuth it’s just 10 stagger.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

Yeah uh…. That’s still a thing.

They give you more healing in later realizations, in Malkuth it’s just 10 stagger.

Oh dang. Why does it seem so much easier now

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

lets hang out posted:

Oh dang. Why does it seem so much easier now

Probably because Malkuth's Realization was released when passive attribution wasn't a thing?

Like, I remember running what was considered to be one of the optimal decks for Malkuth's realization and I still had to retry 3-4 times before finally clearing it, and that was with only 1-2 Librarians left by the time I finished.

In my second go at the game, I'm pretty sure I had everyone alive when we got to Green Stem and I only lost one person in the entire fight, entirely thanks to everyone having 2 speed dice and passive attribution.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
At the very least this confirms that Reverance is limited to Realizations and anything with a Mili song.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Acerbatus posted:

I'd imagine most people just made an account but for anyone like me that's too lazy to have made an account to read Leviathan, someone uploaded it to imgur.

ch 1 https://imgur.com/a/Ds7IHXV
ch 2 https://imgur.com/a/cZCywoL
ch 3 https://imgur.com/a/coud1Qi
ch 4 https://imgur.com/a/IP7aflx
ch 5 https://imgur.com/a/4YbfPIB
ch 6 https://imgur.com/a/X0ZwOGQ

Where would you go to find more of these? Anyone know? (way to get permabanned acerbatus :sweatdrop:)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, idk. I just made an account on the site... but there's probably a centralized tumblr or twitter somewhere with them.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So I'm thinking, 1 update purely for the opening cutscene because of how long that is, and then 3 updates, Scorched Girl + Happy Teddy Bear, Fairy Festival + Queen Bee, and then the final one for Snow White's Apple + the ending cutscene.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
That's all achievements done! Had to bully Tomerry and some clowns to finish everything off - last one I got was the "book a guest suffering from all status ailments" using some real hodgepodge decks on Hana fixers for durability.

Also man, how about that new Leviathan chapter? I'd ask how the hell the Ring got artwork that can inflict White damage, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Distortion or two in their ranks in addition to this proto-Singularity they're working on. They certainly seem up there with the Index in terms of sheer insanity.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do people generally prefer the Roland Realization theme over the Angela one? I used to think Roland had the better first and second parts but Angela had a better third one, but then for some reason I shrunk on the third part and now I generally think that Roland has the better Realization music.

I don't know why, I thought that guitar solo in the last bit of Angela's theme rocked. Which do you prefer?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's a very hard choice but I think I like Angela's theme.
They both got updated just before release and I think I like the lighter (old) version of Roland's theme better than the new one.
They're all loving epic that's for sure.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Deffo Angela. That wailing violin just really does it for me. They're both really fuckin' good though, as CHiRAL said.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I would absolutely fight both of them at the same time in order to hear a theoretical mix of both songs at once.

ProjMoon knows hype music.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I really love the second phase of Angela's music. Haven't heard Roland's music enough yet to judge which I like more. (I've only realized Tiphereth's floor; haven't tried the Red Mist fight yet.)

I've also been streaming Lobcorp for a friend, hopefully to beat it this time, and I was surprised at how much easier I found Gebura's suppression this time around. The hardest part was picking out the agent she marked for death from the deathball so they'd be the only one to get killed.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's that time

https://twitter.com/CCaRBiNG/status/1292085312525606912?s=20&t=5a2izRksl6NXbkxY9SEO3A

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Unrelatedly, I wonder if we'll be having the agents talk with Abnormalities like Natural Science did with the Magical Girls so far. The other two are probably a given, but who else? WhiteNight, Laetitia, Little Red, Nosferatu, Road Home?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Tenebrais posted:

We're going to end up with five Joshuas, aren't we?
In a massive anticlimax because they forgot to deal with Joshua, instead of the Keter floor or Bishop/Tenebrais/Mizu/Talow showing up to save Angela in Keter Realization, it's just four Joshuas.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
Everyone in the LoR LP thread are making jokes about Joshua transforming others to become him.

Meanwhile, here I am laughing about how Ozma basically does a weaker variant of that with transforming people into Jack while the Jacks slowly become the people they copied.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
With Roland popping in to assist I wonder if Angela will be doing the same for the Roland Realizations.

I do wonder how this format will break down for others. Like, with Hod you'll have to put the quote for Dream of a Black Swan right after the intro cutscene since Hod runs back to front, and then Netzach has Silent Orchestra appear briefly at the start but then runs normal. Yesod, Binah and the Middle Layer run mostly the same (barring Tiph swapping the order a little bit), but then you've got Hokma who's just the WhiteNight fight.

Honestly from a writing POV I'm looking forward to Binah the most just because while I anticipate most of the others will keep both therapy and beatings relatively equally, Binah... well, "Come now." says it all, don't it? And Mizu's... Just Mizu so she isn't going to be much help on the therapy front either.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's important to note Angela is caught off guard at the Black Silence reveal so it wouldn't make sense if she was present for Roland's breakdowns. She might show up late with popcorn to the battles though, that fanart is canon in my head

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

CHiRAL posted:

It's important to note Angela is caught off guard at the Black Silence reveal so it wouldn't make sense if she was present for Roland's breakdowns. She might show up late with popcorn to the battles though, that fanart is canon in my head

She does show up for Tiph's, at least since the two of them talk a bit before Tiph hops into her fight, and that specific flashback isn't super informative into Roland's background since all it really shows is him being a gloomy sadsack, unlike the other 3 which delve more into his rampage, the events leading up to Angelica's death and him and Angelica meeting.

Anyway, looks like Shi is next, which will also unlock Gebura. And cuz we did Sweepers, we've got the books for the Little Red fight.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
On the subject of favourite music, here's a short list of mine:

S: Chesed, Binah, Roland, Angela, Iron Lotus, Children of the City, Reverb Ensemble

A: Gebura (mostly because the amazing phase 3 is always, always covered up by the inferior EGO version of the song, if there was a mod to replace Red Mist's theme with Gebura 3 I'd be a happy man), Hokma, Yesod, other Mili tracks

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 26, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The songs I mentioned above Angela (aside from String Theocracy) were the Roland Realization theme in all parts, the Reverb Ensemble theme in all it's parts, Iron Lotus and Gone Angels.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

the Reverb Ensemble theme in all it's parts
Fug I can't believe I forgot that, it's one of the songs I listen to the most.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Omni and Chinely are going to be very happy about Shi Association. They're ninjas! Or, assassins, but close enough! And they use katanas! And their outfits are black and red, the two coolest colors! And they wear eyepatches!

And Boundary of Death is the classic "Your opponent falls down after you sheathe your sword" technique.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 26, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...you know what, no matter what order we complete this tier in, TQ will be able to put Liu in the sixth position.

If we do Crying Children last, then when we break through to Star of the City, we'll have Alriune/King of Greed/Thumb/Argalia/Cane/Liu.

WARP Crew last? Funeral/Woodsman/Thumb/Argalia/Cane/Liu.

Smiling Faces last? Laetitia/Big Wolf/Thumb/Argalia/Cane/Liu.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Limbus footage! Yep, that looks like Ruina 2 alright.

https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1519260970303905794

Full gameplay mechanics vid on May 6.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

GilliamYaeger posted:

Limbus footage! Yep, that looks like Ruina 2 alright.

https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1519260970303905794

Full gameplay mechanics vid on May 6.

Those new attack animations are slick as hell.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I still really hope that the image we saw of all 12 of the PCs on the field at once wasn't just a mockup, I love the idea of having 12 fights on your side in a non-tactics RPG.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

I still really hope that the image we saw of all 12 of the PCs on the field at once wasn't just a mockup, I love the idea of having 12 fights on your side in a non-tactics RPG.
It'd be a great chance for them to reuse the Library of Ruina beta version autobattle concept.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
So, the new chapter of Leviathan. Looks like those eye drugs are linked to the Identities mechanic as well - and one hell of a bad trip. Also oh hey, is that the guy with the glowing glasses from the Limbus Company trailer?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Putting aside Roland's unfortunate situation with Keter and Philosophy coming online just before the endgame, I want to know, are Roland and Binah's decks and quirks strong on their own? I understand if they're considered weaker than Red Mist Gebura and Iori, naturally, but I feel like what i hear is either "OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO BONKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" or "They're not worth it cuz Binah comes online too late and Roland doesn't have EGO and Silent Girl pages"

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Fairy is outright busted levels of broken.

Roland is okay I guess.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Roland's deck is excellent but held back by Keter abnormality nerfs and its lack of EGO. I would argue that Keter was quite powerful prenerf though, even without EGO, just because lies+curiosity Mirinae decks were Super Bullshit 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
Binah's deck focuses a lot on utility and is one of my personal favorite decks to play around with, but it does suffer some light issues for reasons I'll discuss later:

Degraded Pillar is an excellent card for shutting down big single die pages like Xiao's Jin Ni, Yan's Giant Fist, Hana Assoc's Celestial Spear, Roland's Furioso, etc.
Degraded Chain is similarly a useful card against bosses with Shimmering with its speed dice breaking. In battles like Hana Association, you can always use two of these on a single enemy to basically immobilize them for a turn which can be pretty useful.
Degraded Lock is not all that useful if I'm going to be honest here. It's just a Chain that hits a bit harder with an extra speed dice, but costs up-front more light even if on net it costs the same. Its cost-raising ability is way less useful than the speed-dice breaking ability that Chain has. Lock's one good use is basically for the Kali fight to ruin her light economy whenever she uses Vertical Split or Horizontal Split and that's about it.
Degraded Fairy is Binah's light-regen card and is pretty strong for a 1-cost (Mostly because of the broken status effect that is Fairy). The problem is that it's a 1-cost, which means that Binah needs to have some light reserved to use it, this can be sort of frustrating since Binah's passive makes it really tempting for you to spam all of her cards at once since she'll always draw until she has 4 cards in her hand anyways.
Degraded Shockwave has pretty bad rolls for a Mass Attack. Its redeeming feature though is the party-wide 3 Protection it gives and the 1 Feeble it inflicts on the last dice, which makes it useful if you're expecting a huge Mass Attack coming up.

Passive-wise, Binah's deck is just begging you to attribute Empowered First Shot and Acrobatic for the ranged power boost and the ranged damage boost respectively. Other than those two passives, you're pretty much free to choose whatever passives you want for Binah as long as they don't rely on a gimmick like Smoke or Charge for obvious reasons.

Overall, Binah's deck lacks the unga bunga potential that Kali or Iori's page have, but makes up for it with its utility.

Roland, on the other hand, focuses on being spamming as many combat pages in a turn as possible.

Ranga Workshop is one of the two 0-cost combat pages in the entire game that uses 3 offensive combat dice and it doesn't completely wreck your action economy for the turn unlike Sword of Volition.
Zelkova Workshop has average rolls for a 0-cost, but does draw a page for Roland which is nice. The nice thing about both this page and Ranga is that their costs are fixed, which synergizes well with the Lies combat page.
Old Boys Workshop is Will of the City, but even better since it has a net +2 light regen, is cheaper, and has better rolls than WotC. Really, by itself, Old Boys should already solve all of Roland's resource problems, but we also have...
Mook Workshop, which is also another Will of the City, except with a single strong dice roll instead of two mediocre dice. Pretty good also for countering Ranged pages with multiple dice.
Allas Workshop and Wheels Industry both fulfill the same sort of niche of clash winning for Roland. Allas is obviously a bit more economical but Wheels Industry can basically shutdown an entire page which makes it pretty strong.
Durandal is an excellent setup page for Roland, giving Roland up to 2 Strength next scene while only being a 2-cost.
Crystal Atelier will beat out most Mass Attacks and will help Roland recover his stagger pretty quickly. It also has a counter dice which is nice though how useful the counter dice actually ends up being is very much an RNG thing most of the time.
Atelier Workshop... exists? It's a ranged page with some pretty strong rolls so its useful if you have an enemy low on stagger that you need to stagger ASAP but other than that, there's nothing really notable about it.
Furioso is the premier "screw you, you're dying or otherwise becoming crippled next turn one way or another" card. It's an excellent card to use and very cheap given all the debuffs it inflicts and its cheap power. The 9-page gimmick requirement isn't nearly as bad as it initially seems because Roland's kit is already geared towards spamming all of his pages over and over again.

Passive-wise, Grace of the Prescript is an excellent choice since Roland's combat pages are all over the place damage type wise. Raging Torrent and Blade Unlocked are also very good choices since Roland's deck is Singleton and he already wants to use as many different pages as possible to get Furioso prepped up and ready.

Really, Roland's true crime is the fact that you don't even get a chance to use him once you get him outside of his duel against Argalia unless you're planning on going back to previous receptions for one reason or another.