Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
The ideal lighted Lego kit would be designed with modular LEDs and PCB breakout boards and would be designed from the start to be built and wired at the same time with special channels / pieces that would route the wires safely with no clutch issues or stickers to cover wires where necessary.
The current solution of taking an existing "built" kit and shoehorning LEDs into it is where all the friction and limitations come from.

The problem with the wires tho is that Lego doesn't really have an elegant way of doing lighting outside of some attempts in some Technic sets, and the new light brick they're shoving everywhere.
You'd also basically be guaranteeing the kit would be 18+ and it would have an additional +$50-100 tax on top of it for the LEDs and battery boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think I might be the only Chicago area lego goon in here, but the Woodfield mall store has five copies of the Delorean in today. First time it's been in stock since launch.

It was six copies, but one of them is mine now!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

RatHat posted:

I wish the 3-in-1 tiger did that, but in reverse.

if you take your finger off its butthole, the light goes off?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Space Jam posted:

Many LEGO fans would scoff at this but a dremel tool could easily cut grooves on the bottom of bricks for the wiring.

you have to pay the dremel toll to illuminate this bricks soul

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Voice of Labor posted:

if you take your finger off its butthole, the light goes off?

The butthole lights up

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

xzzy posted:

I think I might be the only Chicago area lego goon in here, but the Woodfield mall store has five copies of the Delorean in today. First time it's been in stock since launch.

Hello fellow Chicago Lego goon.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

Scipiotik posted:

Hey chi legoons

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I don't do modulars, but my wife was out with my son and apparently some toy store has a bunch in the windows and she said he was enraptured and now she wants to get some. So I guess I didn't do modulars.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The succulents are modulars for botanical lovers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m in Chicago at the moment, the Kane Co, toy show was on this past weekend. I did dip downtown yesterday and ended up stopping by the Watertower place Lego store, but I passed on buying anything.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
i don't care about cars at all but the speed champions kits are so doggone solid and beautiful. they found every way to make "build a smooth rectangle with wheels" compelling

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

xzzy posted:

HootTheOwl posted:

Hey chi legoons

Scipiotik posted:

The mall is closed but I live like 5m away so I'm grabbing one tomorrow if they're still in stock

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

i don't care about cars at all but the speed champions kits are so doggone solid and beautiful. they found every way to make "build a smooth rectangle with wheels" compelling

Yeah I'm not into cars, especially supercars (blech tbh) and the only one that really was a must have for me was the countach for nostalgia purposes. But I have bought a few just because they are so well designed and fun to build. I just end up putting them in a drawer because I wasn't sure what to do with them though lol.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m still waiting for the Lambo I ordered in March to come back in stock :(

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
My first pick a brick (not-best sellers) that I ordered a month ago says it shipped, so I should see it in 2-3 weeks. Cool.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m still waiting for the Lambo I ordered in March to come back in stock :(

However the Trench Run and Dagobah dioramas are arriving Thursday so I’ll have something to fiddle around with this weekend :toot:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

However the Trench Run and Dagobah dioramas are arriving Thursday so I’ll have something to fiddle around with this weekend :toot:

Might want to wait until the 1st because a bunch of Star wars GWPs are coming. I doubt the dioramas will sell out before then...probably

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RatHat posted:

Might want to wait until the 1st because a bunch of Star wars GWPs are coming. I doubt the dioramas will sell out before then...probably

I meant arriving as in “in transit to my house” so they’re already paid for. The GWP when I bought them was whatever the Easter one was this year.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I meant arriving as in “in transit to my house” so they’re already paid for. The GWP when I bought them was whatever the Easter one was this year.

Same here, looks like delivery tomorrow for the trench run and trash compactor sets. I used VIP points to bring the price down. Then I’ll load back up again on the UCS speeder and get the May the 4th GWPs.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m probably going to stay up until midnight o Saturday night so that I can make sure I get all the GWP with my cantina. Looks like the countdown clock shows it starting right then.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am in the process of sorting through my Lego and assembling sets, packing them in bags with the instructions. I plan on offering a large lot of small star wars sets (microfighters etc.) at once to not have too deal with countless small packages I need to ship.

What is my best chance to find reasonable prices for the individual sets to end up with a decent price for the lot thats both fair to the buyer but not too much under value?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hopper posted:

What is my best chance to find reasonable prices for the individual sets to end up with a decent price for the lot thats both fair to the buyer but not too much under value?

List them on ebay via auction. No buy it now. Just let the buyers who are interested set the price. You might score. You might lose. But this way is 100% fair to the buyer as they are setting the price themselves. Whether it comes in over or under value is the risk.

This isn't necessarily the best way, it is just your best chance to fulfill the criteria you set. And the fastest way. If you do set it for auction, set a start date/end date to run for 7 days and end at approximately 6pm EST on a Sunday. You want the auction to close when the most people are going to be available to click on it. This is not going to be during work hours or fridays/saturdays. Sunday evening tends to have the most people at home with time to spare.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone interested in An Unexpected Gathering (79003) built once, complete, has manuals, no box?

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 26, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

obi_ant posted:

Anyone interested in An Unexpected Gathering (79003) built once, complete, has manuals, no box?

This set rules. This was the first "expensive" lego set that I bought, back when it was originally released.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Clear photos of the new train have leaked, which probably means the official reveal isn't far

Is the teal car reusing pieces from Vidiyo?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

List them on ebay via auction. No buy it now. Just let the buyers who are interested set the price. You might score. You might lose. But this way is 100% fair to the buyer as they are setting the price themselves. Whether it comes in over or under value is the risk.

My ebay philosophy is to list at the absolute lowest price I'd take for an item without feeling hosed, which generally pans out to be less than the majority of starting bids on there. That way worst case scenario I'm still getting a passable amount. But pretty much every time the bids go way higher than I expected with collectable type stuff.

Ebay fees are ridiculous now though. Between that and paypal fees and if you offer free shipping it can really add up and Ebay always seems to hold my money for a full month before releasing it which is annoying as gently caress.

I'd usually rather just eat some profit for the no BS of SA mart of Craigslist.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think lighting will happen if they can ever get that wireless electrical tech that the one Kickstarter was working on to be viable

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know the specific name for the part that’s a little mixel ball joint on a peg? It’s basically the microphone part without the ridge on it.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Bar with towball

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

This isn't necessarily the best way, it is just your best chance to fulfill the criteria you set. And the fastest way. If you do set it for auction, set a start date/end date to run for 7 days and end at approximately 6pm EST on a Sunday. You want the auction to close when the most people are going to be available to click on it. This is not going to be during work hours or fridays/saturdays. Sunday evening tends to have the most people at home with time to spare.

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about that, but I just found 5 older star wars sets that allegedly are worth over 150€ in individual parts according to a pricing website. I had no idea and am extremely sceptical of setting a no minimum bid auction now. Plus Ebay is a PITA in Germany in general.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Hopper posted:

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about that, but I just found 5 older star wars sets that allegedly are worth over 150€ in individual parts according to a pricing website. I had no idea and am extremely sceptical of setting a no minimum bid auction now. Plus Ebay is a PITA in Germany in general.
Check out Catawiki: https://www.catawiki.com/de/c/723-spielzeug

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I went to the Lego website this morning to look up the Lego Succulents and Orchid and the pages for them seem to be gone. When I click on a link for them in Google it gives me an error page.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I want to get a sealed case of 36 of the Muppets. Anyone have a go to place for ordering a full cases?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rad Valtar posted:

So I went to the Lego website this morning to look up the Lego Succulents and Orchid and the pages for them seem to be gone. When I click on a link for them in Google it gives me an error page.

I saw this last night.. I'm hopping they come back on the first when they officially release.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Oh, that's still broken? They went down sometime yesterday, but only on the US site for some reason.

The pages are up for other countries if you just want to look at them
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/orchid-10311
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/succulents-10309

If you want to order them you'll need to call customer services, I guess.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

EDIT: Oh right, they're not out yet. Hopefully be fixed before then.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they lost the succulent license.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Big Succ at it again

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Brick Succerberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Veotax posted:

Oh, that's still broken? They went down sometime yesterday, but only on the US site for some reason.

The pages are up for other countries if you just want to look at them
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/orchid-10311
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/succulents-10309

If you want to order them you'll need to call customer services, I guess.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

EDIT: Oh right, they're not out yet. Hopefully be fixed before then.

Ok just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me being bad at finding them on the site. I hope they come back up by Saturday because I want to grab one for Mothers Day.