Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
my wife and I are both sick but we both tested negative for corona???

is this a thing???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

is this a thing???

that's not possible

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Also betting at least one of your friends will let you borrow their ATV for a ride.

I do remember the one time I went dirt biking, on the ride up I saw some quads coming back and thought "that looks fun" then got on a dirt bike and immediately thought "those guys are loving pussies."

I am a lifelong dirt bike bro and make sure to voice my displeasure of ATVs frequently lol. Mostly because old Boomers like to form clubs and rotaries and then ban dirt bikes from trails because they “ruin them, waahh” but if you look at any off road trail ever there are two deep distinct ATV width ruts on all of them.

Spoeank posted:

is this a thing???

I had a super hosed up sinus/respiratory thing in December that knocked me on my rear end for nearly three weeks and both a PCR and Rapid test showed negative :iiam:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

that's not possible

this is what I'm thinking. covid killed all the other viruses

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My garage door is acting weird and I'll spend the weekend tightening all the bolts/screws, otherwise I may have to replace it.

I should be saving for a new furnace & roof too as they're over 20 years old.

I'm drinking an oatmilk flat white from Starbucks because the location I usually order from (that's right off the MAX train stop in front of work) is out of almond milk.

I also brought some shrimp chips & ube cookies for people at work.

Not a bad Wednesday, my dudes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Define weird.

Mine started stuttering and making loud noises and it turned out I just needed some low temp lube for the chain and rails/wheels.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1519363291553931272?t=NKiiwOdT7Ogu1fJA249VXw&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't think Ben Simmons is going to play in the NBA again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

My garage door is acting weird and I'll spend the weekend tightening all the bolts/screws, otherwise I may have to replace it.

I should be saving for a new furnace & roof too as they're over 20 years old.

I'm drinking an oatmilk flat white from Starbucks because the location I usually order from (that's right off the MAX train stop in front of work) is out of almond milk.

I also brought some shrimp chips & ube cookies for people at work.

Not a bad Wednesday, my dudes.

Oat milk is better for the environment than almond milk, so if it doesn't taste worse than the almond milk version just keep ordering that.

But, if you like almond milk better don't feel bad, your coffee order has a negligible impact compared to basically anything else affecting the environment.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

What would we ever do without rich people?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

What would we ever do without rich people?

I saw a different tweet that had a screenshot of the Romney tweet I almost posted but stopped because it was so on the nose I figured it had to be fake. But nope, it's real.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

is this a thing???

Two weeks ago, I tested on a Tuesday and was negative. Tested again the next day and I was positive.

It happens.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The poor bailed the rich out in 2008 and I don’t remember him raising hell about it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Don't throw me into the briar patch

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Please Mitt I can only get so aroused.

So my neighbor had a small appliance fire a few days back. I ran over and radioed in a mediocre first in report, and the crews had everything under control in a matter of minutes (helps when the station is a half mile away) with only minor damage.

Now I'm seeing articles pop up literally saying things like "firefighter saves neighbor's home" when honestly there is no way that place was going to go up and I am really, really uncomfortable with that. A few neighbors have also taken up the attitude that I'm taking credit for the response when I never did that.

How the hell can I go about fixing this? Simply saying "it really wasn't a big deal, I didn't do anything, listen to the radio" hasn't made a difference...

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

So my neighbor had a small appliance fire a few days back. I ran over and radioed in a mediocre first in report, and the crews had everything under control in a matter of minutes (helps when the station is a half mile away) with only minor damage.

Now I'm seeing articles pop up literally saying things like "firefighter saves neighbor's home" when honestly there is no way that place was going to go up and I am really, really uncomfortable with that. A few neighbors have also taken up the attitude that I'm taking credit for the response when I never did that.

How the hell can I go about fixing this? Simply saying "it really wasn't a big deal, I didn't do anything, listen to the radio" hasn't made a difference...

Start another fire, then take a bigger role helping to put it out, bing bang boom karmic balance restored

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Set your neighbor's house on fire and don't call it in and when questioned about it just say "I didn't want people to think I was trying to take credit for saving their house"

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ugh, yesterday I got diagnosed with central serous retinopathy in my right eye. It's got a blurry patch in the middle that is bad enough that I cant read if I close my left eye. And now if I keep both eyes open, my brain interpolation algorithms cant make sense of the bad input and everything gets out of focus and gives me a headache.

I got an appointment with an ophthalmologist next week to discuss treatment but my wife just popped poz for Covid so now I need to quarantine inside my own home or else I won't be able to keep that appointment.

Not a great situation for ya boy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

Define weird.

Mine started stuttering and making loud noises and it turned out I just needed some low temp lube for the chain and rails/wheels.

It would not close when opened. I'm debating if it was one of the sensors that's gone bad (right one seems to blink intermittently sometimes when this happens) or if things got loose enough the arm gets bound up when the chain pushes the door down.

Whenever I see somebody saying that forgving credit card debt is a bad thing I just imagine Tyler Durden blowing up their house.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I like how you all think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got three hours to kill in SLC airport and like 10% of people are masked, lol. Delta cabin crew, pilots, not masked either. Maybe a third of the passengers masked up. Feds relaxed the mask requirement days ago. We're gonna have another surge, no question. It's about time for another variant, yeah? If one comes up anywhere in the world it's gonna rip through US airports like wildfire.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Got three hours to kill in SLC airport and like 10% of people are masked, lol. Delta cabin crew, pilots, not masked either. Maybe a third of the passengers masked up. Feds relaxed the mask requirement days ago. We're gonna have another surge, no question. It's about time for another variant, yeah? If one comes up anywhere in the world it's gonna rip through US airports like wildfire.

I love the SLC airport though it's legitimately a well designed airport with good options for food

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SLC airport has this brutal artwork in it:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bribes (almost) worked for Trump, use your brain Mittens.

Leperflesh posted:

My in-laws are flying here from overseas in two weeks lmao. I don't think their usual flight path takes them through SLC at least!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Leperflesh posted:

The mandate was on when I flew to Florida and was lifted while we were there. It went from 100% masked people to 5% on my return trip.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

I love the SLC airport though it's legitimately a well designed airport with good options for food

Yeah my arrival gate is also my departure gate so i don't need to wander far but it seems well laid out. I'm not super hungry so i just got a little sandwich, I'm eating as far away from other people as possible. I got time to kill so I'll probably stroll around a bit.

I've seen two couples with infants/toddlers so far, no masks of course. People trying to get their unvaxed little kids infected I guess, can't think of a more likely place to do that short of a covid ward at the hospital.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Bribes (almost) worked for Trump, use your brain Mittens.

My in-laws are flying here from overseas in two weeks lmao. I don't think their usual flight path takes them through SLC at least!

SLC is a Delta hub, most other airlines wouldn't normally route through here. But that also means most of the passengers in the terminal aren't locals. I think this is how it is in most american airports now. OAK was better this morning, but still a ton of unmasked people.

I think masks are still required on international flights?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Nice to see that since his loss to Obama he’s really put in the hours to maintain his wildly out of touch rich guy persona

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The thing that makes me laugh about mask mandates not existing anymore is the amount of people that I see STILL wearing their masks, just around their chins or their nose sticking out. Just…never figured it out I guess.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

If your neighbors give you poo poo, just light a match and put it out with your fingers and flick it at 'em while making eye contact the whole time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/SpenserMestel/status/1519323546761281547

South Dakota seems to be going about this in the Scooby Doo villain fashion

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/SpenserMestel/status/1519323546761281547

South Dakota seems to be going about this in the Scooby Doo villain fashion

Time to bring back track fed computer paper, just don’t tear it apart and bind one end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

SLC is a Delta hub, most other airlines wouldn't normally route through here. But that also means most of the passengers in the terminal aren't locals. I think this is how it is in most american airports now. OAK was better this morning, but still a ton of unmasked people.

Yeah their flights from Thailand to here always seem to go through Dubai or whatever the big hub is in the Middle East. Mine always go the Pacific route, I've always wanted to see what it's like going over the Atlantic and Central Asia.

If there's one good thing that will come from the brewing cold War between the US and China, it's that I'll never have to go through the Beijing Airport to visit the in-laws again. gently caress that place.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

Time to bring back track fed computer paper, just don’t tear it apart and bind one end.

Scrolls of parchment.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Qwijib0 posted:

it's called dot matrix you zoomer :v:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I’m waiting for my flight in Vegas and count 3 others in the gate area with a mask.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Intruder posted:

That is a character from Spaceballs :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I missed old tech chat a while back but I'm pretty sure I've got a dot matrix printer sitting around somewhere and I bet you that thing would still work like a champ if I bothered to find it and figure out how to hook it up.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

The last generation of dot matrixes could do single sheet feed so I was trying to be specific in evoking an image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

I’m waiting for my flight in Vegas and count 3 others in the gate area with a mask.

I was in the Charleston "International"(?) Airport when they announced the end of the mask mandate. The Delta lady ended her announcement with "Now we can all breathe freely!" People cheered and hooted and hollered.