Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Strong Sauce posted:

I'm looking for opinions about trade binders. I'm looking at either the 2x2 or 4x3 (3x4) variants. main requirements that they're relatively small, fit in a backpack style, can fit and slide a card that has a card sleeve, and have nothing that put would pressure on the cards like a binder ring, (as an example).

I haven’t bought one in forever so it’s possible quality slipped but I was fine with these 2x2 ultra pro ones . The thing to be aware of is that the slots are pretty roomy, so if you put a card in there unsleeved it might slide around a bit more than you like. But it sounds like you’ll be sleeving anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOp7c3OnC0

Rhystic Studies AND Spice8Rack in a Tolarian Community video??

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

xarph posted:

wotc how did you manage to go to the 20s chicago mob plane and not have a card called Piece of the Action

Edit:
wotc how did you manage to go to the 20s chicago mob plane and not complete the XXX the untouchable cycle https://scryfall.com/card/cns/120/phage-the-untouchable

I'm just wondering how they went to the 20s Chicago mob plane and didn't have a card named "Usual Suspects". Hell, I'm actually probably more surprised there hasn't been a card called that yet, let alone in New Capenna.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aniodia posted:

I'm just wondering how they went to the 20s Chicago mob plane and didn't have a card named "Usual Suspects". Hell, I'm actually probably more surprised there hasn't been a card called that yet, let alone in New Capenna.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I wonder how often you'll have multiple people at your table taking cards from one or the other of your two color pairs, but nobody prioritizing taking cards that are exactly your 3 colors, and how much of a trap that is.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its really probably worth just thinking as though you're drafting an allied color pair, with the ability of splashing one or two other directions. having a "im x family" mindset mid-draft feels like you're gonna mess yourself up

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

honestly, sick reference

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Seeing the early access streams alone, man, Ob is going to be the new Oko and get (rightfully) banned in every format

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Seeing the early access streams alone, man, Ob is going to be the new Oko and get (rightfully) banned in every format

That's what I kept telling people but no one believed me. But they'll see. They'll ALL see.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

PlasticAutomaton posted:

"After the second person called Ob Nixilis "the next Oko" with implication that a card needed to be banned after watching half a game with it, I ended up throwing chat in sub only mode today.

Take a deep breath, stow the hot take, and enjoy exploring a new format."

Jeff Hoogland

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Mengu09/status/1519290900098265088?t=uQD_j8NndzK14GgFZ3XadQ&s=19

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

"After the second person called Ob Nixilis "the next Oko" with implication that a card needed to be banned after watching half a game with it, I ended up throwing chat in sub only mode today.

Take a deep breath, stow the hot take, and enjoy exploring a new format."

Jeff Hoogland

Well now that boohoogland has weighed in, that poo poo gonna for sure be banned. BRB making rak anvil.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm still going to buy it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm still going to buy it

Hodl your cardboard

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This seems reasonable tbh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

i'm getting 4 immediately

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ob is definitely a pretty crazy clock and oppressive as hell if you untap with the clone on a clean board but he also doesn’t invalidate any creature without etb abilities forever

I do think that the devil tokens are a lot stronger in older formats

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I would also like to state on the record that I would want to flip a table the first time an Esika’s chariot copied him in an actual game

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

GSZ for dryad arbor into ob nix seems pretty good, ya

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

This seems reasonable tbh

Absolutely not!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I don't think he's oko level broko but having two Planeswalkers on turn 3 is pretty hosed. I could see a lot of legacy experimentation with him

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Even the level headed streamers won’t stop getting baited by ob questions. These streams today have been unwatchable at times.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

This game in front of me may only end in bloodshed.

If Raiyuu attacks alone, his ability triggers, he untaps and does no damage, second combat phase, he attacks alone again, untaps and does no damage. Is this correct?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

I brought my Drake posted:

This game in front of me may only end in bloodshed.

If Raiyuu attacks alone, his ability triggers, he untaps and does no damage, second combat phase, he attacks alone again, untaps and does no damage. Is this correct?

Untapping does not remove him from combat. That rule is maaaaany years out of date

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ob Nixilis ate my balls

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ob Nixilis ate my balls

the copy died immediately as a state-based action

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Devor posted:

Untapping does not remove him from combat. That rule is maaaaany years out of date

So he untaps, still deals damage, and can swing again during the second combat step?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Devor posted:

That rule never existed at any point, people just read Maze of Ith and drew their own conclusions (bad ones)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ob Nixilis ate my balls

in that case the second copy dies as a state based action. X is too small

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I brought my Drake posted:

So he untaps, still deals damage, and can swing again during the second combat step?

p much.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I opened 1 Ob, and I don't know if I should sell it immediately before it gets banned or buy 3 more and also the rest of a deck that can use it.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

That rule never existed at any point, people just read Maze of Ith and drew their own conclusions (bad ones)

They might be thinking of how tapped blockers didn't used to deal combat damage?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

he's making a very reasonable point but lmao mengu has been stridently against every single banned card being banned in the last 4 years

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

That's exactly my point, that while "Rogues Gallery" is still a good name for that, they should've gone all in. And again, I'd originally thought they didn't because they'd already used the name before, but no. I'm just a little disappointed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

is that good posted:

They might be thinking of how tapped blockers didn't used to deal combat damage?

That sounds like what you're supposed to do when a creature regenerates

Edit: oh i guess regeneration actually makes you tap it

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

is that good posted:

I think this is the rule I was thinking of

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/damage-stack-2002-12-11

quote:

TAPPED CREATURES DEAL NO DAMAGE

Change: Under Fifth Edition rules, tapped blocking creatures dealt no damage in combat. Under Sixth Edition rules, they do.

Why: Much like the old "tapped artifacts shut off" rule, the rule about tapped creatures dealing no damage wasn't something a player would intuitively know just by looking at a card. It also made for less interesting games because combat often didn't become about who could outmaneuver who, it became a battle of who had the most Icy Manipulators.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

he's making a very reasonable point but lmao mengu has been stridently against every single banned card being banned in the last 4 years

He’s right. Unban everything

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aniodia posted:

That's exactly my point, that while "Rogues Gallery" is still a good name for that, they should've gone all in. And again, I'd originally thought they didn't because they'd already used the name before, but no. I'm just a little disappointed.

The art is a homage to this scene.
https://images.app.goo.gl/nwN9ninuCShUJYcP6

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

That card also brings to mind Batman for some reason. Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Two-Face. In that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/livingcardsmtg/status/1519360734651719680