Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Children of the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What a snipe

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I do my best

who had the most successful shark gimmick

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I do my best

It's crazy I can think of more than one off the top of my head.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I do my best

Tiger Shark? He was an original Tiger Mask trainee.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Probably Shark Boy because he was smart enough to trademark the name and then retire after a substantial payoff from Dreamworks when they made a movie with his name in it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most people should agree that shark boy is inferior to Big JAWS the obese man who wrestled under an exact copy of the shark boy mask for a couple of years in germany

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
How much training do celebrities who make wrestling appearances get?

I'm thinking specifically of someone like Jon Stewart, who took an Attitude Adjustment from Cena. I'm sure Cena helped him out any way he could, but that's still a heavy bump to take for a non-wrestler.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bicycle posted:

How much training do celebrities who make wrestling appearances get?

I'm thinking specifically of someone like Jon Stewart, who took an Attitude Adjustment from Cena. I'm sure Cena helped him out any way he could, but that's still a heavy bump to take for a non-wrestler.

It's not as bad as you might think.

At it's core all Jon Stewart had to remember was "don't struggle, keep chin tucked, don't try to catch your fall with your hands, and exhale before you hit the ground." If I had to guess you could probably teach someone to take an AA, by teaching the basic back bump on some crash mats, then have someone give him the AA at a slower speed on crash mats, then at realistic speed on same, and then finally at realistic speed on the ring. Maybe all of an afternoon if he's in good shape and slightly coordinated. It doesn't feel good to get thrown, but if you're in average shape and take it right one bump isn't gonna be all that big a deal.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What about someone like Jake Paul with actual spots and planning of a match?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What about someone like Jake Paul with actual spots and planning of a match?

That's a good question, I wonder how long it takes an average person to get at least decent enough to not consistently hurt themselves or their opponent and put on a match. What ever the answer to that is, you could shorten it by a large factor for Jake Paul on the basis dude probably could train as much as they wanted rather than worry about things normal dudes have, like a job or being too poor to train consistently. I also don't think Jake would have to learn how to put together a match, since that was probably between Rey/Miz/The agent.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 26, 2022

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Who is the youngest wrestler to have a 5*?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Tyler Bate?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirez posted:

Who is the youngest wrestler to have a 5*?

Rey Mysterio Jr unless a joshi match had someone younger than 18.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Pretty sure that's gonna be Rey Mysterio Jr; I think he was 19 When he had that banger with Juvi in 1994 (who's only like a month or 2 older than him).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EdsTeioh posted:

Pretty sure that's gonna be Rey Mysterio Jr; pretty sure he was 19 When he had that banger with Juvi in 1994 (who's only like a month or 2 older than him).

And that's not his first ***** match!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

MassRafTer posted:

And that's not his first ***** match!

Yeah it was; it's from a AAA show Nov 30 1994; not the one from Big rear end Extreme Bash in '96.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EdsTeioh posted:

Yeah it was; it's from a AAA show Nov 30 1994; not the one from Big rear end Extreme Bash in '96.

Trios vs Heavy Metal, Picudo & Psicosis was his first.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gc4kl

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Rey Mysterio Jr unless a joshi match had someone younger than 18.

If we're talking Meltzer *****s then Manami Toyota had her first when she was 20 as far as I can tell. Same age as A-Kid when he had the banger in Madrid with ZSJ

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

MassRafTer posted:

Trios vs Heavy Metal, Picudo & Psicosis was his first.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gc4kl

Oh crazy; I didn't even see that one! Thanks!

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Inspired by seeing someone pull out a bag of white powder during a "everything is legal" street fight:

Has anyone ever used an "everything is legal" stipulation as a reason to do a bunch of non-wrestling illegal things? Like, a bunch of illegal drugs, soliciting a sex worker, maybe some insider trading or money laundering in the middle of a match? I mean, I assume wrestling rings have their own law enforcement status anyway since you can just assault people and threaten/try to kill people all time.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that feels like something chikara might've done at one point, only with family-friendly spins on all the crimes

get some stunt kid in the crowd in on it so the top heel can literally steal candy from a baby

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wasn't there a match in DDT or something where someone pulled out a gun to demand a submission? Not sure if the context was a No DQ stipulation though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Wasn't there a match in DDT or something where someone pulled out a gun to demand a submission? Not sure if the context was a No DQ stipulation though.

it was a BJW match, not DDT

although i think Hyper Misao also pulled a gun once in DDT

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that feels like something chikara might've done at one point, only with family-friendly spins on all the crimes

get some stunt kid in the crowd in on it so the top heel can literally steal candy from a baby

Chuck Taylor would do that sort of thing in IWA-MS I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

it was a BJW match, not DDT

although i think Hyper Misao also pulled a gun once in DDT

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/888786465076936704?s=20&t=cf7qJ87gdrk29udSq_mNrw

Takayuki Ueki still brings out a gun on occasion. Mochi Miyagi/Mochi Natsumi (I guess she's just changed her name?) at the recent Prominence show was unthreatened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...web2x&context=3 is a fun one too

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Marty the Moth brought a machine-gun to his match against Killshot. Still lost.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Mochi Miyagi/Mochi Natsumi (I guess she's just changed her name?) at the recent Prominence show was unthreatened.

I think it was the primer for the Prominence launch show that said she would no longer be going by her old name

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One of the first post pandemic GCW shows had someone hijack a bulldozer or something at gunpoint to crush his opponent in a car. I'll see if i can find a clip.

E: i was slightly misremembering but yeah

https://gfycat.com/commonyellowishanglerfish

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

One of the first post pandemic GCW shows had someone hijack a bulldozer or something at gunpoint to crush his opponent in a car. I'll see if i can find a clip.

It was backyard wrestling 2 and it was Nasty Leroy vs some random guy I can’t remember.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I believe Christopher Daniels won the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship by devouring his opponent. Kamala, eat your heart out.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Daniels only won the title once together with Kaz, he didn't have to eat any opponents for that.

Though someone (forgot who) did win the title by eating a pork cutlet (which had previously 'pinned' the previous champ, a bowl of curry), and Yuki Ueno won the title once by drinking the champion beer.

The Heavymetalweight title was also the last title Scott Hall ever won.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Germansimp posted:

Though someone (forgot who) did win the title by eating a pork cutlet (which had previously 'pinned' the previous champ, a bowl of curry), and Yuki Ueno won the title once by drinking the champion beer.
The story is that Yoshihiko the blowup doll was the champion, which got pinned by a table, which was pinned by a plate, which was pinned by the rice on the plate, which was pinned by the curry sauce, which was pinned by the cutlet on top, then Yuusuke Inokuma ate it.

A few years later, Sanshiro Takagi was the 999th champion, but was knocked out. The belt fell on him, and the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship became the 1000th Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion.

DDT :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

The story is that Yoshihiko the blowup doll was the champion, which got pinned by a table, which was pinned by a plate, which was pinned by the rice on the plate, which was pinned by the curry sauce, which was pinned by the cutlet on top, then Yuusuke Inokuma ate it.

A few years later, Sanshiro Takagi was the 999th champion, but was knocked out. The belt fell on him, and the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship became the 1000th Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion.

DDT :allears:

I can imagine Takagi giggling to himself when he came up with that second one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mentioned the releases of Dakota and Bivens to my partner and she asked me, "Oh, was that the guy who was obsessed with the mug?" and I can't figure out what or who she might be talking about. She said it was something that happened on the show and was something to do with like a travel mug/tumbler. Does this ring any bells? I know he's posted a lot of clips on Twitter about random poo poo over the years but I can't remember if they were mug-related.

She may also be remembering someone else because she isn't SUPER familiar with him since he wasn't on much (if at all) when we were both watching NXT regularly, and I think he might exists like 80% for her through clips I've shown her.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

David Otunga had a thing where he would loudly and obnoxiously slurp coffee from a travel mug back when he was on TV. That could be it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

edogawa rando posted:

David Otunga had a thing where he would loudly and obnoxiously slurp coffee from a travel mug back when he was on TV. That could be it.

AHHH YES! That's it! I was going nuts trying to figure out who she was talking about. What a deep cut.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
This is how I learned that AEW is now free to sign Chuck Taylor™

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

AHHH YES! That's it! I was going nuts trying to figure out who she was talking about. What a deep cut.

Honestly, I don't even know why I remember that, but I think about it at least once a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
TIL David Otunga is still employed by WWE.