Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They probably don't since they think they're writing "elusive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

They probably don't since they think they're writing "elusive"

Yoa're beeing realy elusive here buddy, what"s the peeve.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

credburn posted:

Do people use the word "illusive" enough to confuse the two? I didn't even know that was a word; I've only ever used illusory, which I guess means the same thing-ish.

The Illusive Man was a major character in Mass Effect so a lot more people are aware of it than you might think.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I occasionally see people write poo poo like "answers remained illusive" or things along those lines, so yes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Illusive Man was a major character in Mass Effect so a lot more people are aware of it than you might think.

In my head I had retconned him to the Elusive Man without even thinking about it...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Brawnfire posted:

When people write "illusive" when they mean "elusive"

Mine is wary and weary.

Stop saying tired when you mean cautious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mine is wary and weary.

Stop saying tired when you mean cautious.

My new peeve is anyone who says either of those words out loud. Who even talks like that? American southern dandy or obnoxiously english, either way I want no part of it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQ_b1EXmjw

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Which brings me to my other pet peeve, Americans thinking they won the English language in the revolution and it’s theirs now.

They’re right :smith:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A color/colour revolution of sorts

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bargearse posted:

Which brings me to my other pet peeve, Americans thinking they won the English language in the revolution and it’s theirs now.

gently caress YEAH comin again to save the mothafucking day yeah

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you pronounce aluminium like someone who had never seen a periodic table got it wrong and then doubled down hard.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Bargearse posted:

They also improved the language by removing a bunch of unnecessary "u" letters from words.

And one syllable from Aluminum.

Much more efficient.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Alumilum

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
1. Aluminum comes from french via latin
2. Aluminum existed before aluminium

America wins again

:colbert: :france::hf::911:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
American science and industry has changed it's mind and has switched to Aluminium tho

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Or in other words, America makes the decisions once again. What a land.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Commercials for medications when you get that rapid-fire monotonous block of horrible horrible symptoms

Bleeding from the rectum ennui dizziness ego death piracy force lightning mental ostentation sudden auto amputation shortness of breath longness of breath diagonal thinking brigandry fallopian collapse hair distortion death, possible stroke, impossible stroke, and reincarnation as an eel

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I’d be okay if I got Piracy Force lightning. Or Piracy and Force lightning, not sure how that’s broken up

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Iron Crowned posted:

I have someone who will email me something, and then about 2 seconds later will call me to tell me that he emailed me something.

Like Dude, I haven't even had a chance to read it.

For me, it's the opposite - someone will reach out to me on messenger, then tell me to call them to relay some information they could've typed out in 10 seconds. Or they'll get so caught up in complaining about something that I can't get the info I need, meaning more delays for whatever thing(s) they wanted. It's like...just TELL me already, stop with this bullshit runaround so I can actually get poo poo done!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

lobsterminator posted:

They also improved the language by removing a bunch of unnecessary "u" letters from words.

And one syllable from Aluminum.

Much more efficient.

You'll prise my unnecessary letters from my cold dead hands.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

When a little coffee drips on the burner of the coffeemaker and smells bad

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dysgenesis posted:

You'll prise my unnecessary letters from my cold dead hands.

*could deaud haunds

BOOTY-ADE posted:

For me, it's the opposite - someone will reach out to me on messenger, then tell me to call them to relay some information they could've typed out in 10 seconds. Or they'll get so caught up in complaining about something that I can't get the info I need, meaning more delays for whatever thing(s) they wanted. It's like...just TELL me already, stop with this bullshit runaround so I can actually get poo poo done!

That's just my entire family. If you have time to type "CALL ME" you have time to say what's up.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Apr 28, 2022

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Whenever my mom sends me one of those "call me" messages I assume someone is dead or dying but usually she just wants to chat.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Whenever my mom sends me one of those "call me" messages I assume someone is dead or dying but usually she just wants to chat.

Seriously it's a direct tripwire to anxiety and "oh god who's in the hospital" thoughts but no, she just wants to talk.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"Oh, HA HA HA! I didn't mean to freak you out!"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
FURTHERMORE

There is a cabinet my wife likes to slam oats, cereal, and pasta into that is way to high for either of us. She can reach it up but not down so I'm always having to fish food out of the giant hell cabinet and I'm tiny, I'm like 165cm vs her 162. Lyubimaya just put the poo poo in a different cabinet :( It is a dead cabinet, neither of us can reach up there. One of these days she's going to watch me break my neck and die clambering up to get some Honey Nut Cheerios.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
My three year old keeps accidentally-on-purpose waking up my two month old, and it makes me wanna abandon her at an orphanage.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The Perfect Element posted:

My three year old keeps accidentally-on-purpose waking up my two month old, and it makes me wanna abandon her at an orphanage.

My friend's 3 year old once hid her 3 day old baby to get more attention. Baby was behind the sofa and curtain sleeping while she screamed at this laughing devil child to tell her when he was.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As a future parent I am dreading these toddlers and also wanting to high five them. Do not abandon those wonderful demons.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh I was there myself, my daughter was three when my son was born

It gets better

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA WE'RE GOING TO HELL MOTHAFUCKKKKAAAAAAA

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If you can't handle one toddler at a time you're probably just weak. I've been alone for an hour with two dozen toddlers and it was hell on earth but manageable and it means I can easily handle individual kids because they're easy by comparison.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

The most I have ever had to handle at one time alone was seven 4 year olds. But they were on skis.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Why drive to an orphanage when there's a bin right there?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Updates that nobody asked for. Like on reddit, they had an annoying but serviceable notification system when you get replied to or a recommendation gets sent to you. They just replaced it with a "messages" thing and now i have suddenly 400 "unread" (didn't care) notifications to clear for this menu to be useful at all. Thanks, I love this new "functionality" that will make me never click on the button again.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
My pet peeve, parents.

Oh my god kids are the worst. I get no sleep, I have no time, they destroy the house, they are hellions and my life is terrible.

But also.

They are the best thing in my life. I don't ever regret for even one millisecond having all of them. I don't understand why people don't want kids! Why wouldn't you want kids?

But also, also

I'm kid free for the evening let's get poo poo faced on wine. I have a child free weekend lets spend it baked and reminiscing about the freedom we had before kids or smack talk our kids and the fact they ruin our lives.

You all sound demented.

E: your kid "adventure" posts reminded me of my friends that are parents. I'm not specifically coming out swinging at you all.

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Apr 29, 2022

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There is a cabinet my wife likes to slam oats, cereal, and pasta into

Similarly, when people put things into a high cabinet and then act super concerned for my safety when I have to stand on the counter to get things down. What the gently caress is the alternative here? Do you want me to knock things down with a slingshot?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dip Viscous posted:

Similarly, when people put things into a high cabinet and then act super concerned for my safety when I have to stand on the counter to get things down. What the gently caress is the alternative here?
Stepladder?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Indolent Bastard posted:

My pet peeve, parents.

Oh my god kids are the worst. I get no sleep, I have no time, they destroy the house, they are hellions and my life is terrible.

But also.

They are the best thing in my life. I don't ever regret for even one millisecond having all of them. I don't understand why people don't want kids! Why wouldn't you want kids?

But also, also

I'm kid free for the evening let's get poo poo faced on wine. I have a child free weekend lets spend it baked and reminiscing about the freedom we had before kids or smack talk our kids and the fact they ruin our lives.

You all sound demented.

E: your kid "adventure" posts reminded me of my friends that are parents. I'm not specifically coming out swinging at you all.

This is all completely fair tbh.

Raising kids is extremely challenging, but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Yes, they can be a huge pain in the arse, and having a newborn in the house DRAMATICALLY lowers your quality of life - BUT on the other hand, watching my older daughter grow up from that awful hell spawn into this adorable, feisty, smart beautiful young person is just incredible. I can't wait to see how my 8 week old is going to turn out.

So yeah, pawning them off for a day or two and being able to let your hair down is loving awesome, and an opportunity you're gonna grab with both hands, but if you never saw them again it would be like ripping your heart out.

In conclusion, kids are a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Indolent Bastard posted:

My pet peeve, parents.

But also.

But also, also

You all sound demented.

Yeah that sounds like parenthood.