Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Thundarr posted:

Basically, when I activate it I'm rooted in place for a second while waving my arms around in a huge "kill this person over here" maneuver. On several occasions I've been focused to death before my gcd can even cycle to hit the Enkindle.

That's the case for quite a few of the LBs (maybe all of the non-melee ones?). I've had it kill me a bunch on DNC, for example, because the Charm doesn't hit until after that delay is over. WHM LB even has this, except they can be farther back and there's no delay on the stun so it functionally doesn't matter. (Speaking of, I think they should switch that: remove the delay on the Charm from the DNC, since they practically have to be in melee for it, and add the delay to the WHM since they can sit in the back a bit.)

(Also, the SMN LB hits in 15y for the initial blast, for both Bahamut and Phoenix, but then has a 30y range for their spells, except the Enkindles which need to be within 25y of you and 100y of them.)

Thundarr posted:

I really hope the business end of that second Dragoon weapon wobbles like a big feather duster.

Me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Going to go against the grain and say I wish they had picked two cool weapons instead of one cool weapon and one silly weapon

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Badger of Basra posted:

Going to go against the grain and say I wish they had picked two cool weapons instead of one cool weapon and one silly weapon

There is nothing silly about a katana hidden inside an umbrella.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't gone through all of the runners up yet but drat I kinda wish these PLD and GNB submissions had won

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Onean posted:

(Also, the SMN LB hits in 15y for the initial blast, for both Bahamut and Phoenix, but then has a 30y range for their spells, except the Enkindles which need to be within 25y of you and 100y of them.)

Yeah that's how I figured it worked, since the AoE circle is larger than the listed radius of Megaflare.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
what was the alternative way to get dyeable job gear aside from Memento EX? i seem to have it in mind that something just came out recently that gave dyeable job gear.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

They DID pick two cool weapons.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Zeruel posted:

what was the alternative way to get dyeable job gear aside from Memento EX? i seem to have it in mind that something just came out recently that gave dyeable job gear.

The currency on the battle pass, crystal trophies, can be used to purchase them at wolves den
I think they might have an alt dye channel I don’t quite remember

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Each expansion has a different set of dyable gear.

Heavensward... I don't know where it comes from, but the new PvP currency can be used to purchase a new version that has some alternative dye patterns.

Stormblood dyeable gear comes from Eureka.

Shadowbringers is from Memento EX only I believe

Endwalker is the default job gear, but you have to do the relevant Role Quest to unlock dyeing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Great Rifle of Ronka is better than Elphelt Cosplay Bouquet Gun and I'll die on this hill. :colbert:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

I haven't gone through all of the runners up yet but drat I kinda wish these PLD and GNB submissions had won

Feel you, that loving rose axe would have been tiiiiiight.

I dont hate a single one of these and I'm surprised and elated by that.

E: gently caress I just got to the blm runner ups. I want that goddamn broom so bad.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 28, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

It's great actually.

Both Monk and Gunbreaker getting shark themed weapons is a little strange but both weapons are very very good.

I really hope the business end of that second Dragoon weapon wobbles like a big feather duster.

Shark-themed weapons are 200% lore-accurate.

"Sharks are some of the most popular sea creatures. Rare is the day when someone does not submit a new concept. At first they were largely orthodox, consideration given to such things as size and environmental impact. And then a whimsical someone thought to bestow it with flight. Another with superior intelligence. And then the floodgates burst..."

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Warmachine posted:

Shark-themed weapons are 200% lore-accurate.

"Sharks are some of the most popular sea creatures. Rare is the day when someone does not submit a new concept. At first they were largely orthodox, consideration given to such things as size and environmental impact. And then a whimsical someone thought to bestow it with flight. Another with superior intelligence. And then the floodgates burst..."

That just means the contest participants failed by not giving us Dancer weapons that are just a pair of tiny flying sharks you throw at people.

Dancer swords and fire bomblet batons are both strong choices though.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I don't play MNK but I need sharkhands

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm always torn between how much I like all these designs and how much I hate fanart contests

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
For those who are bummed out that some of the runners up didn't win, don't lose heart. Lots of runners up from past "design a thing" contests (hairstyles, armor, housing items) were eventually added to the game despite not winning in their respective contests.

Think of it less as "we thought these were cool, but not good enough to add to the game," and more like, "these weren't finalists, but they still got our attention and might eventually make it in at some point after the winners are all taken care of."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally, a primal I can get behind

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm about three pages late but for people trying to target enemies in CC I just learned about these macros:

/target <e1>
/target <e5>

They have changed my life.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Kazy posted:

Shadowbringers is from Memento EX only I believe

so there's what I can only call an 'updated' version of ShB AF gear, (slightly higher detail, different colour to base AF) which is available for 1500 cc tokens a piece.

kung fu jive posted:

I'm about three pages late but for people trying to target enemies in CC I just learned about these macros:

/target <e1>
/target <e5>

They have changed my life.

ohhh I'm going to be all over them like shingles

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The DNC dual swords and SAM Setsuka Umbrella Sword are the winners for me but goddamn all of those picks are really good

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thundarr posted:

Basically, when I activate it I'm rooted in place for a second while waving my arms around in a huge "kill this person over here" maneuver. On several occasions I've been focused to death before my gcd can even cycle to hit the Enkindle.

This has been my experience every time I've played SMN in frontline, except once, when there were far too many Summoners for any of us to be focused and no enemy group lived long enough to try.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zeruel posted:

so there's what I can only call an 'updated' version of ShB AF gear, (slightly higher detail, different colour to base AF) which is available for 1500 cc tokens a piece.

Only for Dancer and Gunbreaker. Every other job's CC trophy gear is either from Heavensward or from the expansion the job was added in. If you want, say, dyeable ShB Samurai AF armor, you must face to farming Emperor Dracula.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Leal posted:

Finally, a primal I can get behind

Really Big Carl (Savage)

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
The battlefield is a toilet that shrinks in diameter as the fight progresses.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1519692921401856000?s=21&t=y40xr68Y48DoW4ha1m-CQQ

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
ShB also has the dyeable weapons on their vendor as of Endwalker, because they didn't make it in before then. Reaper and Sage get versions of their initial class questing gear, which I think is a nice touch.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Almost 800 matches, an assist title, and lots of venting in Discord later, I finally did it :unsmith:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
whats with DPS who have a whole stupid macro ('keep your arms and legs inside instance while i slay monsters for you!!') and cant manage to get above 4 on the aggro chart? despite me only having healed for like 2 weeks now?

whats with it

i want to know

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Most dps are very bad, luckily the game is easy enough it doesn't matter. But boy do you really notice when you have competent ones.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I have literally never seen anything like that so I'm going to assume you simply retroactively hallucinated it after seeing some truly staggeringly bad parses.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

For a Veteran Survivor of FFXI, the start of this collab event hits a little different.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Galaga Galaxian posted:

For a Veteran Survivor of FFXI, the start of this collab event hits a little different.

Oh, valkrum...

Also, the dragonsong ultimate seems pretty crazy, some teams are getting to the end and times loops to the first phase with a theory that you can save Haurchefant

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Trying to manage gear in this game stresses me the gently caress out. Just give me infinite storage for my stuff. I'll even pay cold hard cash for it. Let me bank gear and glamour it. Why is the current system so obtuse?? :negative:

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Zanael posted:

Oh, valkrum...

Also, the dragonsong ultimate seems pretty crazy, some teams are getting to the end and times loops to the first phase with a theory that you can save Haurchefant

Yeah it seems like you need to play through as normal, but save your LB3 so that when you go back in time you can save haurchefant using it. You haven't got the full 3 bars the first time he appears, but after the time loop you do. Actually beating that last bit without using LB seems ridiculous tho. There's also more videos floating around twitter from JP teams implying multiple timelines lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HampHamp posted:

Yeah it seems like you need to play through as normal, but save your LB3 so that when you go back in time you can save haurchefant using it. You haven't got the full 3 bars the first time he appears, but after the time loop you do. Actually beating that last bit without using LB seems ridiculous tho. There's also more videos floating around twitter from JP teams implying multiple timelines lol

:stare: that is a wild mechanic and I love it

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

"You guys wanted to save Haurchefant? You better work for it, b*tches!'

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kung fu jive posted:

Trying to manage gear in this game stresses me the gently caress out. Just give me infinite storage for my stuff. I'll even pay cold hard cash for it. Let me bank gear and glamour it. Why is the current system so obtuse?? :negative:

Have you considered starting an alt for every job so you only have one type of gear to store like in most other mmos?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Not really. Mostly because that is completely at odds with the do everything with one character philosophy the game was clearly designed with.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

HampHamp posted:

I wonder if using tank lb and healer lb lead to different timelines, maybe DPS LB to burst before he dies ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

kung fu jive posted:

If your roles are all reasonably close in level, you only have a few gear sets on you.

Also it's all trivially replaceable so just get rid of anything you're not using. Break the hoarder mind set.

Or spend money and buy some new retainers.