Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember reading a couple things about airplanes during COVID, first is that the air is recycled and there's heavy duty HVAC air filters on there. Very few known cases of COVID came from flights.

That said, airplane toilets are disgusting, and a lot of disease transfers via poop, plus flushing shoots a bunch of aerosol in the air, so if you can... try not to use the bathroom.

And yeah, some airports don't circulate air, a bunch of people sitting around their gate waiting for their flight is probably where you're most at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also that air circulation on planes only happens in flight. Boarding, deboarding, sitting on tarmac etc its just a tube of stale air.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t care how good the filtration system is if the jackass next to you has covid and is coughing all over you, the filtration system isn’t gonna stop that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t care how good the filtration system is if the jackass next to you has covid and is coughing all over you, the filtration system isn’t gonna stop that.

This is all that needs to be said honestly. And there is no tracing system in the us to speak of so confirmed cases from air travel is kinda meaningless

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Speaking of, Moderna just submitted for approval shots for kids under 6!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1519656793521233926

Supply side issues are a more serious drag than was thought. So, stagflation.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Recession when!!!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Recession when!!!

Next quarter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looking to return a package that came in the mail that I know I don't want and the instructions are supposed to be folksy but come off low key scary. I figured I'd just write return to sender on it and they'd figure it out but apparently they prefer Refused. That part is fine.

quote:

You can refuse pretty much all types of mail and ask them to be returned to the sender. All you have to do is write the word “Refused” on the envelope or parcel and give it back to your mail carrier as soon as humanly possible.

We got packages to move here and your rear end isn't slowing us down. That needs to get back as soon as possible and you are now conscripted into serving the postal service!

quote:

If you got a bit carried away and have already opened the parcel, package, or letter, you need to pop it in a fresh envelope or mailer before you can return the item.

You credulous fool, you moron, opening items addressed to you all willy nilly.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The lesson curriculum we're given to teach the kids at church on Wednesday nights is usually fine, but this bit from last night's lesson struck me a little odd

Anyway, I skipped that part and got off on a tangent about how the restaurant franchise model works instead.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I am extremely behind on the thread thanks to having a one-month-old, so it was funny that just after I left off on the thread was Newborn Parent Chat.

and definitely appreciated the words there too. our little one is five weeks old and I finally feel like I'm getting into a rhythm for taking care of her together with my wife, and she's already enormous and probably causing me shoulder problems, but holding her up there and seeing the curious face look around is worth all of it. but it absolutely has been hard, even with my mother in law doing the Lord's work and providing us more food than I can keep track of, giving us the opportunity to rest a bit, and also reminding my dear wife that gender dynamics in Japan mean I'm doing a lot more than her dad ever did.

LeeMajors posted:

I took six weeks and my wife took 12. I don’t know how anyone can do it without it. We were extremely fortunate. Extremely. And I don’t forget it for a second.

I'm taking 10 weeks in total right now (including 1 week before she was born, and the wife and baby were in the hospital six days total because that's just how things happen here), it's parental leave at a max of three months paid. I'm taking two months of that now, and have the option to take a third at some time before the child turns one. My wife is taking over a year off (pre-birth leave from week 32? I think? to one year after the baby's birth) and gets a bit more of a haircut on the pay, and it comes at a different time to the usual paycheck periods, but still supported both by the government and companies.

the U.S.'s approach to new parent support is loving barbaric. Japan isn't exactly Europe, but look at what each of us has available.

okay time to go back to taking out baby laundry, sanitizing bottles, and preparing for the next feeding.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

General Dog posted:

The lesson curriculum we're given to teach the kids at church on Wednesday nights is usually fine, but this bit from last night's lesson struck me a little odd

Anyway, I skipped that part and got off on a tangent about how the restaurant franchise model works instead.

"Ask the children if talk poo poo get hit."

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

General Dog posted:

My daughter and I just finished listening to the recent Titanic episodes of Our Fake History earlier this week. IIRC there was like one line deep in the ship's technical manuals saying "Well, it's about as unsinkable as it's possible for a ship to get with current technology, we suppose." White Star wasn't using unsinkability in their advertising or boasting about it publicly or anything like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Maybe the Titanic lost, but Molly Brown to God: You gave it a good shot buddy but you should have known better.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

General Dog posted:

Sinking the Titanic to own the libs

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BigPaddy posted:

Next quarter.

The expectation was a 1.5 to 2% growth in this quarter, but given that was missed by an entire 3% we might be there already. Problem is, until microchip production increases so we can manufacture the stuff we do manufacture, and there's more truckers to increase logistical capacity we might be stuck for a while.

And that doesn't even get into the shortage of wheat and soy coming later this year. India is going to have very little exports with their hot season arriving early and Ukraine is going to be lucky to feed their own.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

What pictures from the Titanic are you using?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

Use it as a teaching moment into hubris and the sin of pride, and how God suddenly corrected White Star Line's pride as He did King Herod's. Look in Acts 12.

The non-religious version of this is "gently caress around and find out"

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 28, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was raised in a really religious Catholic household and still don't know what the kayfabe reason God needs to protect his name is. Why would he give a poo poo?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Topless Kate Winslet hopefully.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Why does Outlook feel the need to constantly remind me during and after meetings of those meetings.

Yes, I know a meeting started five minutes ago, I am literally in the meeting you’re chiming about, I joined it through your calendar notification.

No, this meeting is not three hours overdue, I was in it, I joined it through your calendar notification three hours ago!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fsif posted:

I was raised in a really religious Catholic household and still don't know what the kayfabe reason God needs to protect his name is. Why would he give a poo poo?

American Christians really like to focus on the vengeful god from the Old Testament and not the forgiving, sympathetic one from the New. I’m sure this is arbitrary though, and doesn’t reflect something deep-seated in their psyches or anything

Why yes I did spend my teenage years getting drug to a Pentecostal church, why do you ask :shepicide:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

God is pretty meta if he sunk the Titanic by mind controlling management at White Star so they did not provide the correct equipment to the lookout to be able to spot the iceberg sooner or mind control the Captain to use a route through a known iceberg flow.

If say it was the individuals involved own hubris then should the lesson be about poor decision making when presented with external pressures to perform a task at a certain level regardless of safety? So less GOD and more OSHA?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is Billy Zane compatible with the message of the Bible?

E: Sometimes I'll randomly remember that Billy Zane voiced the bad guy in the first Kingdom Hearts game and have a little chuckle to myself.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 28, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

C-Euro posted:

A looped gif of propeller guy

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

C-Euro posted:

Is Billy Zane compatible with the message of the Bible?

E: Sometimes I'll randomly remember that Billy Zane voiced the bad guy in the first Kingdom Hearts game and have a little chuckle to myself.

Billy Zane is highly compatible with my Bible. I also totally forgot he voiced Ansem but I have had the urge to replay the first one for a while for nostalgia reasons.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BigPaddy posted:

Next quarter.

Okay then. So housing prices will fall, right? Right??

*Charlie Brown readies himself to kick the football*

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

We were planning on trying to sell in June/July, so that would be....... suboptimal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

Use it as a teaching moment into hubris and the sin of pride, and how God suddenly corrected White Star Line's pride as He did King Herod's. Look in Acts 12.

The non-religious version of this is "gently caress around and find out"

“What are you gonna do, smite me?”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?t=eksZaIrPJ-miit7_9-RVjQ&s=19

Happy Ed Balls day

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ITYSL_memes/status/1519400138657210368?t=96Oaz3fckOhFQdVgceZixQ&s=19

Important point to remember here

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Freaquency posted:

American Christians really like to focus on the vengeful god from the Old Testament and not the forgiving, sympathetic one from the New. I’m sure this is arbitrary though, and doesn’t reflect something deep-seated in their psyches or anything

Why yes I did spend my teenage years getting drug to a Pentecostal church, why do you ask :shepicide:

2nd chapter of 2nd kings god sends bears to maul a bunch of kids cause they teased some Important Dude. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo god

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

They should start falling soon because interest rates are going up, which means your monthly payment will be the same or worse anyway.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

And now think of the billions trillions pissed away by failsons.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I have no idea who that woman is.

:hmmyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fartknocker posted:

She's the woman who was sewed into Charlie Brown's pants.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Given the account someone from I Think You Should Leave? Which I know nothing about but I gather is very good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The baby pageant was my intro to the show, and it immediately hooked me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

bobjr posted:

The baby pageant was my intro to the show, and it immediately hooked me

Coffin droppin’ got me hooked