Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

The entire Koei-Tecmo catalog is on sale on Steam currently.

Fixed this in case people might want to instead play a good game like Warriors Orochi 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Truspeaker posted:

Microsoft absolutely does not basically own Activision, they have at least a year left of legal bullshit, and that's assuming the antitrust issues just quietly disappear.

Haha yeah the government didn't stop Disney from buying 80% of the movie industry, they aren't going to do poo poo about this when there's more game publishers than there were competing movie studios. Ultra capitalism city state corporations is the reality of the world, accept it before you get put on a blacklist and can't buy anything from Microacticorp or DisCo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing Activision/Blizzard makes is even any good. Microsoft buying them is the ultimate self own.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Fixed this in case people might want to instead play a good game like Warriors Orochi 4

Simply enjoy both at once.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

lol just going to wait for Call of Duty to be on gamepass. The Activision/Blizzard shareholders approved the acquisition this morning. Not sure how much more work needs to be done, but Microsoft pretty much owns Activision/Blizzard at this point.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1519725165705314304

NIIN

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
DOOM is good but nothing Activision makes currently is appealing to me. Maybe if they reach into their back catalog

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hyped for MIIW

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Haha yeah the government didn't stop Disney from buying 80% of the movie industry, they aren't going to do poo poo about this when there's more game publishers than there were competing movie studios. Ultra capitalism city state corporations is the reality of the world, accept it before you get put on a blacklist and can't buy anything from Microacticorp or DisCo.

Yes, but also politicians are cowards, and you never know when one of them is gonna do something stupid for political gain. See: those idiots in Florida loving with Disney.

That being said yeah of course capitalism is gonna win, it just might take some amount of time before the deal goes through

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should keep making more MWs because the word blops disgusts me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Nothing Activision/Blizzard makes is even any good. Microsoft buying them is the ultimate self own.

Makes currently, made and can still make in the future is the important bit.

I would like to believe the few platforming action game people who stayed at Toys For Bob/Vicarious Visions/Beenox/etc. were biding their time for the past year or two while having to work in whatever mine they were assigned to and the moment the proverbial green light is given they can be like, "Okay now we can do a Spyro 4" they'll jump on the opportunity.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think the reason i liked the sonic movies so much was that they successfully managed to make all of the characters entertaining, not just the main hero/villain. even the side/bit characters are funny, and none of them feel useless or pointless

compared to like the new Godzilla, King of the Monsters or the Jurassic World movies it's like night and day. the human characters in those movies are just so worthless, i hated most of them by the end of the movie, and just wanted to see the big monsters fight. their only purpose is to give the audience someone to relate to, but that's it. they don't do anything.

so good job sonic movies. you got me to like the regular human characters in a goofy video game movie, very impressive

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I said come in! posted:

With how many studios they have under their belt I wonder how much they worry about competing with themselves. Like with them acquiring both Obsidian and Zenimax if there's a bunch of poo poo going on between funding for Avowed vs funding for Elder Scrolls VI.

Or with the Elder Scrolls Online and World of Warcraft.

Or Starcraft/Warcraft and Age of Empires (but lol if there's gonna be another blizzard RTS, let alone a good one.)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'll post the usual yearly thread a little closer to june than usual (probably after i get back from my vacation), although i guess it won't be called The Road to E3 anymore

The Road to E3...esque Events

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
We will get five new pieces of Starfield concept art

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Truspeaker posted:

Microsoft absolutely does not basically own Activision, they have at least a year left of legal bullshit, and that's assuming the antitrust issues just quietly disappear.

Huh? Microsoft said they expect it to close in fiscal year 2023 which starts July. Bethesda took ~6 months to close, I don't see why activision would go into next calendar year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1519751900324802560?t=-sJbx025d_4jZB4vri5g-g&s=19

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is this not Japan exclusive anymore?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

i'll post the usual yearly thread a little closer to june than usual (probably after i get back from my vacation), although i guess it won't be called The Road to E3 anymore

The Road to E3...esque Events

I've been saying this for years:

Keigh3.

Anyway, anyone play that Dicey Dungeons? I've owned it for a while but started it on a lark when I had 20 minutes to kill the other day. Now I've basically spent every minute of free time playing it.

There is a Thief class that can steal equipment from other enemies, and an Alchemist enemy that has a potion that can turn her into a bear. If you drink the bear potion you stole, you turn into a bear for the rest of your run. Merchants can't sell you anything anymore, but you can upgrade your claws. It seems like a lot of work for a missable interaction and I loved it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
dumb question time: what does the current thread title mean? I assume it's a pun on "sexy cheater," but I'm not about to google that phrase at work; what does that have to do with gaming?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's about the character cheetah from the DC universe. This thread was originally a DC animated universe thread before being repurposed into a chat thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please do not disparage my sick burn on thread poster cheetah7071

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

i think the reason i liked the sonic movies so much was that they successfully managed to make all of the characters entertaining, not just the main hero/villain. even the side/bit characters are funny, and none of them feel useless or pointless

compared to like the new Godzilla, King of the Monsters or the Jurassic World movies it's like night and day. the human characters in those movies are just so worthless, i hated most of them by the end of the movie, and just wanted to see the big monsters fight. their only purpose is to give the audience someone to relate to, but that's it. they don't do anything.

so good job sonic movies. you got me to like the regular human characters in a goofy video game movie, very impressive

agent stone is a treasure

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wrong thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Barry Convex posted:

dumb question time: what does the current thread title mean? I assume it's a pun on "sexy cheater," but I'm not about to google that phrase at work; what does that have to do with gaming?

read the thread from page like 76 or so

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was saying sexy cheater

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

I was saying sexy cheater

hello? yes, I'd like the sexiest cheetah you have

no, that's too sexy

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

sexy cheetor

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper posted:

agent stone is a treasure

Stone is wonderful, Wade is a perfect bumbler, the sister Rachel was great in 2, even Generic Human Man main character Tom had good moments and good chemistry with everyone

i think another really great decision is to not have any kids as main focus characters. i hate children. there's just Jojo the niece and she only has like a couple minutes of screentime total. perfect.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i got the ninth and final ending in star fox command. weird game, the writing is really funny but i wouldn't call it good and while the number of routes and endings is impressive, the gameplay is too samey and doesn't have the good arcade crunch of older games to sustain repeated runs. i feel comfortable declaring it the Worst Star Fox Game

unfortunately this series playthrough is on pause now because my computer emulates star fox 64 3d like hot garbage and i'm currently waiting for a fresh 3ds battery to arrive

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

Stone is wonderful, Wade is a perfect bumbler, the sister Rachel was great in 2, even Generic Human Man main character Tom had good moments and good chemistry with everyone

i think another really great decision is to not have any kids as main focus characters. i hate children. there's just Jojo the niece and she only has like a couple minutes of screentime total. perfect.

Yeah, the Sonic characters are the kid characters and that's a nice way around it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

ya them and pretzel lady and olive garden guy and randall all manage to be pretty charming. it helps that the game characters are clearly the stars but the supporting cast could've definitely been way worse

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Barry Convex posted:

metis is bullying me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'll say it: it also helps that James Marsden and Shemar Moore are just. really, really, really good looking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

metis is bullying me

Very rude of her imo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

cheetah7071 posted:

metis is bullying me

I'm sure your inner beauty is sexy

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Tried out Wii U emulation today and it's real good.

Bayonetta 2 runs in a silky smooth 60fps with improved graphics and everything even on my modest compy.

on a related note, the combat music in Xenoblade Chronicles X sure is something special.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tunahead posted:

God of War 2018 is carefully constructed to be all one continuous, unbroken shot. I assume I learned about this from some video game press thing, because when you actually play the game, it constantly blarts countless weapons, armors, runes, enchantments and skill points at you to manage on an entirely separate menu screen, disrupting any sense of continuity you may have had.

It must have been a lot of hard work to make a big open world game with cutscenes and setpieces and fancy graphics not have any camera cuts or loading screens. What a shame.

amen, if theyre going to commit they need to commit. didnt help that all the menu poo poo was so pointless, they coulda integrated it into the dwarves or whatever. why the gently caress am i going around a goddamn talent tree for skills ill inevitibly get eventually and they all just make me marginally stronglier. just... build that into the progression without making me click loot around like this is friggin shittyass d2

Truspeaker posted:

lol when have antitrust issues actually stopped anything in like the past decade?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 28, 2022

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

metis is bullying me

You enable her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No really I need tips for fighting the big enemy lobsters/crawdads