Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

war never changes posted:

the worst cities are all of them

Philly is the best city on the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1519742134009561088?s=20&t=HOoroYwwlaMGNEikNAHWIA

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

$10k is weak poo poo but whatever. if he limits it to only undergrads I will straight up vote for desantis just to spite that old rapist

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Top 5: Philadelphia
End of List

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the president doesn't and you're telling me to?

gimme a break cmon man

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Manager Hoyden posted:

My favorite debate and discussion technique is never making a point but asking the most pedantic and granular questions about every response recursively until other posters get bored and stop responding

Guaranteed own :smuggo:

It's cool how some of the worst offenders of that also complain about how users are being driven off from the subforum

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1519742048764628993

I hate this walking corpse

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pobrecito posted:

$10k is weak poo poo but whatever. if he limits it to only undergrads I will straight up vote for desantis just to spite that old rapist

i wonder where the 'undergrad only' idea came from because its something i've never heard before today and never thought about

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1519745384276393984

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sydin posted:

Also while I'm now fully off the path my favorite English tourist story was an older couple who were behind me when I was touring the Schönbrunn Palce from whom I overheard the following exchange:

:): "Why aren't there any palaces like this in Britain?"
:geno:: "Well, that's because instead of building palaces were were busy building a functioning civilization."
:): "Oh that's right, we did get democracy much sooner than the rest of Europe, didn't we?"
:geno:: "We did, dear."

:allears:

It reminds me of when people praise America for having democracy far before Europe, I remind them that the citizens weren’t able to vote for senators until 1913.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Biden to take precautions at correspondents' dinner

President Biden will take added precautions while at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner this weekend amid concerns about exposure to COVID-19 but White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Biden feels the event is worth attending.

Biden may wear a mask when he is not delivering remarks at the annual event on Saturday, and he will not attend the dinner portion, Psaki said.

The president will arrive for the speaking program, during which the White House Correspondents Association will award scholarships and recognize journalists covering the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Comedian Trevor Noah is also slated to speak at the event at the Washington Hilton.

“He’s made the decision he wants to attend, in a safe way, the White House Correspondents Dinner, to showcase his support for the free press, for the work of all of you, for the work of your colleagues around the world to not only share accurate information about COVID but also report on the war in Ukraine and all of the work that happens every single day,” Psaki said at a briefing.

:pray:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

It reminds me of when people praise America for having democracy far before Europe, I remind them that the citizens weren’t able to vote for senators until 1913.

lol I was told by a friend of a friend that coons, in private, has voiced support for repealing the 17th amendment

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

it keeps happening:

"When Foushee revealed her first-quarter fundraising on April 15, she disclosed that the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the famously influential pro-Israel lobby, had bundled more than half of her $320,000 haul."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thus far, Foushee herself has lacked the funding to spend more than a negligible amount on TV herself. But AIPAC’s new super PAC, United Democracy Project, has purchased $720,000 in airtime for TV ads promoting Foushee’s personal story and work.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

this happened in the primary thread a lot. "Oh, you think M4A is good? Please answer all of my questions about how exactly it would work and recite the wording of the bill from memory! Oh, you can't? Seems like this M4A business needs a lot of work, must be bad policy."

and by "a lot" i mean one particularly ghoulish pharma industry defender kept doing it over and over and over

lol that’s just orthodox liberalism. the status quo is good, and is the default that must be maintained. any improvements at all must be theoretically analyzed for 100 years before ultimately being declined due to expense and lack of public/private partnership opportunities. no analysis of the existing systems is necessary or possible, let’s not play the blame game and make this political

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Nichael posted:

lol I was told by a friend of a friend that coons, in private, has voiced support for repealing the 17th amendment

We should repeal all the amendments. They don't represent the original intent of our genius founding fathers.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God I forgot they booked Trevor Noah, this poo poo is going to be particularly dire

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

just AIPAC swooping in to help defeat a progressive Muslim woman, nbd

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1519744264124739585

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

he a l thc a re pl z.. ....

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fuligin posted:

he a l thc a re pl z.. ....

just realized you can’t spell healthcare without thc :)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Just put trump back on twitter so we can have a healing dialogue

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Biden looking good

https://twitter.com/anthonyzenkus/status/1519756220835549189

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lol he really is Jim Varney

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
It makes me want to protect our weak, addled president from attacks and vote even harder in the midterms

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raccooon posted:

:rip:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Holy loving poo poo. I can only imagine Joe during the next debates. No drug is going to save him.

They need to keep running to the left.

Raccooon posted:

This is a serious insult to Jim Varney.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

holy poo poo lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Man up and move to Memphis, bitch.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

WampaLord posted:

this happened in the primary thread a lot. "Oh, you think M4A is good? Please answer all of my questions about how exactly it would work and recite the wording of the bill from memory! Oh, you can't? Seems like this M4A business needs a lot of work, must be bad policy."

and by "a lot" i mean one particularly ghoulish pharma industry defender kept doing it over and over and over

Am I remembering correctly that, when some people pointed out he was an industry ghoul and therefore was likely not being completely earnest in his concern trolling, the mods scolded them for "doxxing"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

No Shaun! Turn back!

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1519700295114240000

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Raccooon posted:

Absolutely not. I cried until I puked when Varney died.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

can't tell if jpeg compression or if biden is just naturally blurry

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

it's because Kamala feeds with her mouth open

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1519457936602451969

also when they're pre-teen girls with freshly shampooed hair

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the next few weeks will be crucial for student loan forgivenesss

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1519702136333996034

hahahaha hahahaha haha ahaahaa

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

it starts at 8 minutes for those who want to see it at higher than 144p

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519827-1/president-biden-asks-congress-additional-33-billion-aid-ukraine

also CSPAN lets you make clips, which is neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

she must have been so proud of this idea