Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

learnincurve posted:

Martin Brundle's all come from cheating, even the ones that they didn't dq him from - he said more recently that his cars were all run underweight and his engineers would add weight after the race + ballast where ballast was not meant to be.

What? Are you talking about 1984 only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Paul di Resta is more the least distinctive driver to have a notable career

the Force India Sutil/di Resta team is great, that's Team Anonymous Dudes. Sutil somehow has 128 starts.

I forgot about Sutil.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Frond posted:

I forgot about Sutil.

At least he had a notable finish. Admittedly it was with an assault charge, but hey ho.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Frond posted:

What? Are you talking about 1984 only?

Nope *old man chuckle* "we used to roll ball bearings into the fuel tank"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I....just....what???????????????????

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
One thousand upvotes on that.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Which current driver would make the best commentator some day? I’m thinking Lando.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Latifi

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Which current driver would make the best commentator some day? I’m thinking Lando.

kimi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kimi would just be dismissive to everyone as they get passed, all "and now he's let the other car past, ffffocking idiot.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Martin Brundle's all come from cheating, even the ones that they didn't dq him from - he said more recently that his cars were all run underweight and his engineers would add weight after the race + ballast where ballast was not meant to be.

Why are you telling us that Martin Brundle competed in formula 1?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's been too long since I posted this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khA67-r5lSQ

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

refleks posted:

Between Helmut saying Hamilton should have stopped last season if he can't handle it this season and this bullshit:

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1519364714794520580?s=20&t=BW0Xz19dp1YmNzKV8O6TBg

gently caress Red Bull except Checo
Lol loving ESPN promoting this wife beating failure :dumbbravo:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

This is an excellent example of a vintage LC post where she'll half hear something which is true (Brundle was in Tyrell when the team got banned for the lead injection fluid top up loophole in 84) and then half remember it and extrapolate the most extreme interpretation of her half remembered fact (Brundle apparently cheated his whole career even though it spanned over a decade across multiple teams)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ethiser posted:

I mean the closest we actually have is Are Jense and tbh if you don't like Are Jense you probably murder puppies or something equally egregious to feed your cold, broken heart.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Are Nando for that Spanish accent, easily.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ethiser posted:

Yuki Tsunoda

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
The obvious choice would be Danny Ric but he doesn't seem to be anywhere close to retiring.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pook Good Mook posted:

The obvious choice would be Danny Ric but he doesn't seem to be anywhere close to retiring.

He retires at least once a race weekend.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vettel would be the best commentator by far.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

boop the snoot posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Abner Assington posted:

Are Nando for that Spanish accent, easily.

Yenson!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ArmZ posted:

Vettel would be the best commentator by far.

He seems like he'd be a great colour guy, packed full of knowledge about the sport

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
It's not the answer you'll like and we'd all grow to hate him, but corporate George definitely wins the most likely to be a commentator some day award.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Charles Leclerc posted:

Alonso barrel rolled it in Boganstan.

lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Remember when that Alpine's side blew off?

No, the other time

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Time to reunite Lonso & Butts!!

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Both race directors tested and are covid factories, in case racing in a car park with a fake marina wasn’t enough F1 for you.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

andyf posted:

Both race directors tested and are covid factories, in case racing in a car park with a fake marina wasn’t enough F1 for you.

Only one man has the particular set of skills required to step up and run this race. Somewhere in Europe Toto Wolff wakes up in a cold sweat.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

italian quid posted:

This is an excellent example of a vintage LC post where she'll half hear something which is true (Brundle was in Tyrell when the team got banned for the lead injection fluid top up loophole in 84) and then half remember it and extrapolate the most extreme interpretation of her half remembered fact (Brundle apparently cheated his whole career even though it spanned over a decade across multiple teams)

Interesting Brundle fact is that he was the only driver to ever score points in a Zakspeed.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Zakspeed also almost bought Arrows or something in 1999.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I can be the race director I'm even already here for it and everything. Put me in Liberty

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

andyf posted:

Please bring back Michael Masi for the Miami race.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Please bring back Michael Masi for the Miami race.

this, but allow radio comms between teams and race directors for just this race

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Micuh you can’t restart the race while the yacht marina is still leaking!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Can we all just appreciate how the US based GPs still find ways to be shitshows after all these years?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Let this thread be race director. Collectively

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They will replace Martin Brundle with his clone son and you all know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Wait is Martin brundle done