Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

John F Bennett posted:

I already uninstalled 7 days to die. It just feels so clunky and rough, also it's 30fps. And it's ugly.

But I guess it could be fun with some friends maybe.

I'd have to push them to get it and sounds not really worth it, thanks!

Wish DQB2 had multiplayer hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

7D2D is good but there are caveats. I have no idea what it'd be like on console as it's pretty KBM focused, and 30 fps sounds really bad and unoptimized. The "tutorial" is also really rough, even with improvements, and "what to do" is a big issue for new players (and probably returning, some parts are confusing to me now).

But once you find a location that you are going to make a base and start doing the building/scavenging/exploring it gets good. You just start off as a very weak baby and it's easy to get frustrated or distracted from building a shelter.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Research and Destroy is a really innovative game that just isn't for me. I like failed the second tutorial mission and I'm not sure why? I guess you can't leave unconscious characters behind? Would be nice if they told you that.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

So the thing about 7 Days to Die on Game Pass from what I can see is that the PC version is the current version of the game (alpha 20), but the version currently offered by Game Pass console is the "classic console" version, ie a busted, aborted port for last gen consoles last updated years ago from when the game devs partnered with Telltale Games before they went bankrupt (Telltale was handling the port). The console version is several alphas behind the PC version and the devs have said when the PC version is finished, they will update the console version to match.

I love 7D2D but if you want absolutely want to try it out on Game Pass, avoid the console version and play the PC one. If all you have access to is the console version, well, you can play it but the current PC alpha is better in nearly every way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That’s amazing that a 9 year old game is still in alpha lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Apparently they keep rebuilding a bunch of their in-game gameplay systems from scratch.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I don't know what the "end product" is supposed to be but the recent update (alpha 20?) significantly improved the visuals, like what would be a remaster for normal games.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

veni veni veni posted:

obligatory Star Citizen reference.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zachack posted:

I don't know what the "end product" is supposed to be but the recent update (alpha 20?) significantly improved the visuals, like what would be a remaster for normal games.

I guess that's why the screenshots on the Steam page make it look like a completely different game than the one I was trying out yesterday on the Xbox. It was like drowning in mud.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lammasu posted:

obligatory Star Citizen reference.

To it's credit 7 days to die is actually a game tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got that Necromunda FPS on the current sale. It looks great but definitely feels like a budget game. The menus in particular don’t feel optimised for console at all and I’ve had them just randomly freeze a few times. Graphics are surprisingly good. The FOV slider only goes to 90 and the gun model is absolutely enormous on screen. Gonna play it a bit more once I’ve beaten Malenia in ER… :argh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I played Necromunda for about half an hour when it released, found out it stuttered every time I fired a gun, and just uninstalled. I wonder if it's fixed yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I played Necromunda for about half an hour when it released, found out it stuttered every time I fired a gun, and just uninstalled. I wonder if it's fixed yet.

what I played ran fine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1519662721997885448

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Thank you Xbox for pretending E3 still exists. I need this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm excited to see Starfield tbh.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

what did the 18 seconds of gameplay footage of a singular robot not do it for you, op?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Beastie posted:

what did the 18 seconds of gameplay footage of a singular robot not do it for you, op?

I hope this time we get maybe two robots, if so I'd even settle for 10-12 seconds!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Hell yeah, here we go. Todd Howard will deliver.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Todd Howard will deliver.

always does

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'll be honest, the possibility of Xbox and Bethesda joining forces and bringing their cringiest E3 energies would be a hell of a thing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Peggle 3?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I realized a few days ago I want hbomberguy or up is not jump or some other saucy brit to make a video on why The Outer Worlds was so meh. It has its moments but after New Vegas kind of a letdown. Probably the extremely limited scope and small maps have a big part.

I just wanted to like it way more than I did!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds. One day I might even complete it.

But FNV was much better, true. Either way, I'm excited for TOW2.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PEGGLE

ONE

(shinkuu shoryuken into the air)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

I realized a few days ago I want hbomberguy or up is not jump or some other saucy brit to make a video on why The Outer Worlds was so meh. It has its moments but after New Vegas kind of a letdown. Probably the extremely limited scope and small maps have a big part.

It's just so boring IMHO. It feels like a decent mod or something.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

^^^ yep it definitely does especially after the first half. Starts feeling a bit of a chore.

John F Bennett posted:

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds. One day I might even complete it.

But FNV was much better, true. Either way, I'm excited for TOW2.

I just wonder if they were working under some constraints that limited the game, it just feels a bit rushed in parts and underdeveloped in others. I still enjoyed it don’t get me wrong. Perhaps it is just unreasonable to expect another FONV masterpiece.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"another FNV" is part of the problem I think. it's just a game that seems to have a distinct lack of ambition

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"another FNV" is part of the problem I think. it's just a game that seems to have a distinct lack of ambition

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

When does the Seagate storage expansion exclusivity deal end again? I'm thinking about buying more storage.

Anyone using the 3rd party Cfexpress adapters (https://www.fruugo.us/xbox-series-x...56980-130853182 as an example) without being b&

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You'd need a very specific type of SSD to work with that adapter. They have to mirror the internal SSDs used in the Series S/X and there's only a few of them, all OEM: WD CH SN530 (512GB/1TB), XA1-311024 and XA1-31512.

Regular ones won't be accepted by the console.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Hell yeah, here we go. Todd Howard will deliver.

He's going to deliver another stinky gamebryo turd that half this thread will buy day 1 and never play again by the end of the week.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's going to sell 69.420 billion copies and I am going to be extremely upset about this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

they simply did not have any idea what kind of game they wanted to make and then they decided to half rear end some cringe borderlands esque attempt at humor. frankly in general it tries to set itself up as some epic rpg but it really is borderlands but worse somehow and singleplayer.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

priznat posted:

^^^ yep it definitely does especially after the first half. Starts feeling a bit of a chore.

I just wonder if they were working under some constraints that limited the game, it just feels a bit rushed in parts and underdeveloped in others. I still enjoyed it don’t get me wrong. Perhaps it is just unreasonable to expect another FONV masterpiece.

Yeah they were self-financed (other than a small publishing deal with Take Two's Private Division) and basically doing that game to make money to keep the lights on prior to the Microsoft acquisition. So that very much limited the scope.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Why do video games have to be such a hassle now? So their is a punch card for NBA 2k22. First, off the drat thing is 125 gigs so I had to delete a bunch of stuff. Then I have to scroll by the EULA AND privacy policy. Then it wasn't my god damned email address. Then it turns out I can't even touch the card thing to get the achievement I need so i have to wait hours. What the gently caress dude?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I can't even put my last name in 2k games cause it's a naughty word.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I can't even put my last name in 2k games cause it's a naughty word.

I don't want you to doxx but I don't like being teased.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 28, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Peter gently caress is their name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sean posted:

I don't want you to doxx but I don't like wing teased.

How about I come up there and knock you around.